Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Profiting off the backs of the ill. It's all about the mighty dollar.
Of course it is.
Private insurance companys can negotiate for lowest prices from drug companys, Meidicare is forbidden by law from doing so.

Just one example.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have Aetna. Which has merged with Humana. Was offered the "free" colonoscopy so I had it a couple of months ago. Well, they found pre-cancer polyps and removed them. Then, I get this huge bill 2 weeks ago. Since something was found, it was changed from preventative to surgery.
I was upset at first, but I'm thankful it was caught in time.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys always over complicate everything
Hey I just got back from town for the second time today.
Took the wife unit in the first time to pay the sister in laws property taxes...
Just got home and the wife informed me that she had forgotten to pick up 2 prescriptions that she was out of...
I asked her twice while in town if there was anything else....

grrrrrrr

I may move to HI as well...

Have not decided if I will tell anyone I moved or not.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey y'all. I was gonna wait till tomorrow to return, since tomorrow is my 4 yr date of starting to vape... but i am so worried right now, I need some moral support. My husband and I both started showing signs of some kind of illness yesterday; I thought maybe a cold, since I'm not running a fever or anything really major, and he agreed taht was likely the case. But he came from work early today.. and when I took his temp a bit ago, the ear-thermo showed 102.5F... and the oral thermo, after 4 mins, showed 104F. I insisted that my son take him to the ER, but I am so fucking worried, I'm about to lose it.

I'm still not running a fever, but I am experiencing more shortness of breath than is normal for my asthma, and that's worrying. I have asthma... and he is 65 yrs old... and apparently that puts both of us in a high-risk category.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey y'all. I was gonna wait till tomorrow to return, since tomorrow is my 4 yr date of starting to vape... but i am so worried right now, I need some moral support. My husband and I both started showing signs of some kind of illness yesterday; I thought maybe a cold, since I'm not running a fever or anything really major, and he agreed taht was likely the case. But he came from work early today.. and when I took his temp a bit ago, the ear-thermo showed 102.5F... and the oral thermo, after 4 mins, showed 104F. I insisted that my son take him to the ER, but I am so fucking worried, I'm about to lose it.

I'm still not running a fever, but I am experiencing more shortness of breath than is normal for my asthma, and that's worrying. I have asthma... and he is 65 yrs old... and apparently that puts both of us in a high-risk category.

Andria
glad you are back.
Hang in there and do what you can with the illness, but do not worry if you can avoid it.
That will cause you to have shortness of breath and make any illness you get worse.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He's adorable!!! Thanks for sharing.

A family friend back this way, someone my FIL says used to lug the 60 cal in 'Nam, a "Woody" had visited to get taxes done. He called my wife aside as he was heading up the hill outside. "Don't tell your old man this but him and those dogs look alike." That was when We also had Thistle, a Lab Bull mix. Yes, they both look like me, even with the silvering beards. She told me what Woody had said, I just laughed. Felt it was a compliment, at least two of my kids looked like me. :)

I get a chuckle too how it seems they're like me. It wasn't until I was in late twenties that I was over five foot three inches tall. I sprouted up in a week to a full six foot tall. I went off the testosterone for a few years due to it becoming expensive, being difficult to attain and me frankly not seeing how it genuinely 'helped' anything. It made me a lot more on edge at times too. I shrank back to five foot eleven inches but according to which tape measure you use and how you measure I can still pass for the full six foot. I've always though been something of a runt. Things never seem to come to me easily and I go out of my way to plow through.

One of the doctors cited for my disability rejection admitted to not knowing how I'd done even half of what I've done. My wife scoffed, "they either forgot to tell him he couldn't, or they did tell him, either way he just went on and did." That's been my dogs as well, they just go on and do. Shrek adorable? *chuckles* "how'bout that."

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
glad you are back.
Hang in there and do what you can with the illness, but do not worry if you can avoid it.
That will cause you to have shortness of breath and make any illness you get worse.

You're right, and it's possible that my worry is causing some of the shortness of breath... but I was already feeling that a bit, before he ever got home, when I lay down to take a little nap earlier. If I just sit and don't try to get up and do things, it's manageable. Also, trying to vape as little as I can possibly get away with... and turned the power down a bit, to avoid triggering my coughing reflex (9.4w instead of my usual 9.6w).

Just waiting to hear something from my son, about what's going on.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Andria....good to have you back.....:wave:

Regarding the flu or a bad cold....Lugol Iodine...four drops under the tongue twice a day...I guarantee you'll feel fine in about 48 hrs.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, since I've been sitting here quietly, instead of running around screaming that he had to go to the ER ASAP and none of his usual macho bullshit, I took my temp again, both ear and oral, and both are showing flat normal. It's been over 24 hrs since I first began feeling some symptoms of illness, so I'm guessing that if i was gonna pop a fever, it would have shown up by now. I've been using my humidifier every night, to keep my nasal/sinus mucosa hydrated, keeping warm (keeping the humidifer going allows me to also keep the space heater going, in my room!), and generally taking care (I really am mostly a hermit, so my chances of encountering virii are slim). Just really hoping I don't get real flu, because this year's seems to be a H3N2, and the last time I had one of those, about 21 yrs ago, I could barely get off the couch for about 3 wks.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

:hug:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I think you probably know exactly what I mean about husbands and their usual macho bullshit, and plain damn stubbornness. :D But with a fever of 104, I just wasn't having it. I told him if he didn't allow our son to take him to the hospital, I was calling 911.

I texted the spawn a few mins ago, and he said it showed as 104 at the hospital too.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think you probably know exactly what I mean about husbands and their usual macho bullshit, and plain damn stubbornness. :D But with a fever of 104, I just wasn't having it. I told him if he didn't allow our son to take him to the hospital, I was calling 911.

I texted the spawn a few mins ago, and he said it showed as 104 at the hospital too.

Andria

Sure hope it isn't the flu - keep us updated

My husband loves getting medical care - I'm the one that has to be dragged in occasionally, lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure hope it isn't the flu - keep us updated

My husband loves getting medical care - I'm the one that has to be dragged in occasionally, lol

Well if they decide to admit him, I told my son he needs to tell them that they'll need to restrain him, strap him down, because otherwise, he WON"T stay. He HATES doctors, nurses, hospitals, etc etc etc. I ain't wild about 'em either, but I know that sometimes they're necessary, and pretending like you're not sick is no way to get better.

The one thing that might prevent them from admitting him is that the flu epidemic is so bad this year, apparently hospitals are running out of beds all over the country. If they can get the fever to come down at all, they'll probably send him home. But he ain't going to work tomorrow, if I have to hide all his clothes.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well if they decide to admit him, I told my son he needs to tell them that they'll need to restrain him, strap him down, because otherwise, he WON"T stay. He HATES doctors, nurses, hospitals, etc etc etc. I ain't wild about 'em either, but I know that sometimes they're necessary, and pretending like you're not sick is no way to get better.

The one thing that might prevent them from admitting him is that the flu epidemic is so bad this year, apparently hospitals are running out of beds all over the country. If they can get the fever to come down at all, they'll probably send him home. But he ain't going to work tomorrow, if I have to hide all his clothes.

Andria

Glad to see you are back :) and hope you and the hubby get to feeling better soon.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

Definitely hoping for an update...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He got home about a half hour ago, had some soup. They ran some saline into him, got his temp down to 99. Turns out, he had already planned to not go to work tomorrow, as he's got a checkup appt (for the cured Hep C, his final follow-up) at the VA, so he can get his scrips filled there; Tamiflu and some anti-nausea med. So he stills feels like crap and is coughing his head off like he's got a whistle in his chest (and so am I!) but he's home, and seems reasonably ok for a geezer with flu. :)

Funny, he and I had made plans for a "date night" tonight, maybe some hanky-panky, since the son was supposed to have an evening class, giving us some privacy... The damn flu killed THAT plan. The doc did say that with that high fever, it was most likely that H3N2 strain, as I surmised.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
He got home about a half hour ago, had some soup. They ran some saline into him, got his temp down to 99. Turns out, he had already planned to not go to work tomorrow, as he's got a checkup appt (for the cured Hep C, his final follow-up) at the VA, so he can get his scrips filled there; Tamiflu and some anti-nausea med. So he stills feels like crap and is coughing his head off like he's got a whistle in his chest (and so am I!) but he's home, and seems reasonably ok for a geezer with flu. :)

Funny, he and I had made plans for a "date night" tonight, maybe some hanky-panky, since the son was supposed to have an evening class, giving us some privacy... The damn flu killed THAT plan. The doc did say that with that high fever, it was most likely that H3N2 strain, as I surmised.

Andria

You guys take care :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The doc did say that with that high fever, it was most likely that H3N2 strain, as I surmised.

Which of you got the flu shot?

I keep refusing them and luckily enough no one has pressed further. Not had the flu since circa 1978-1980, don't intend to go voluntarily getting a shot of it. Yes, I understand the alleged logic behind using dead virus vectors as means to immunize,

I disagree with such logic. My logic says we need to attack bacteria instead of proteins, which viruses are made from. We get the bacteria we sidestep a need of antibiotics which are becoming too overused to attack viruses. Bacteria also aid in creating proteins which in turn goes toward building viruses.

Granted, I'm no Phd. or Md., yet I retain some lickings of common sense and a pinch or two of intellect. Attack the problem source not the symptom/s of the problem, seems a good strategy to me.

Sorry to hear y'all not faring well and hope soon do better. :hug:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
Glad you are back and glad he is better. That flu is really bad.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AndriaD Welcome back and I hope you and the hubby are both feeling better today!

@Atchafalaya I like #1.

Good morning all! :wave: As of yesterday, the company decided to give us a reprieve and I have the weekend off. I may work Saturday for a few hours just for the extra money but I still have to wait until Friday for the final decision.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@AndriaD Welcome back and I hope you and the hubby are both feeling better today!

@Atchafalaya I like #1.

Good morning all! :wave: As of yesterday, the company decided to give us a reprieve and I have the weekend off. I may work Saturday for a few hours just for the extra money but I still have to wait until Friday for the final decision.
You deserve a break Lynn! :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am Zathras
I was feeling sorry for myself on Monday when my son said he wasn't going to pay his student loan anymore (the one I co-signed for). It's $250 a month. So, I can't retire in 2 years like I wanted. But I went outside, wiped my tears and drove to the park for a vape..........I noticed an elderly man digging through trash cans. He had an old Target buggy/cart filled with junk. I thought to myself things could be worse. Don't get me wrong, it felt GOOD to vent and let a few cuss words fly. But my attitude was changed a little after seeing that. Wonder how long that will last. :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Just a few minutes ago...
Wife asked me to carry out some stuff for her bible class. Her friend was picking her up.
so i agreed of course.
I told her to just shut the storm door.
She turned the lock and shut the main door...
She had no keys and I was in Wal Mart Attire. Flannel jammie bottoms so no keys.
why would I need keys to carry something out to the driveway?

So I go to town again today to get a window glass....

I used to have a key hidden outside but wife told the wacko SIL where it was and I never found a new hiding place...
Had to change all the door locks over that one....

I am SOOO Zathras....

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Just a few minutes ago...
Wife asked me to carry out some stuff for her bible class. Her friend was picking her up.
so i agreed of course.
I told her to just shut the storm door.
She turned the lock and shut the main door...
She had no keys and I was in Wal Mart Attire. Flannel jammie bottoms so no keys.
why would I need keys to carry something out to the driveway?

So I go to town again today to get a window glass....

I am SOOO Zathrus....
I've had days like that too! Murphy's law days. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass.

VU Sponsors