Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm.. I'll check out Lifetype... but I don't have the first clue what Git Hub might be. Sounds like something from which I used to DL software, but I don't have any software to share with anyone, so I can't imagine how it would be useful to me.

Andria

Yes, Git Hub is geared toward software and software development. Git itself is similar to CVS (concurrent version system), allowing a master element, forking and checking out and so on. Someone suggested using it to me for writing. I never could see means to implement it into a drafting system. Git Hub itself has developed and has began allowing for creation of at least static web sites.

I think maybe if a person had e-books they could set a git hub up that kept those updated / revised. Then, possibly arrange micro-payments for subscriptions. Just some random thinking on my end.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, Git Hub is geared toward software and software development. Git itself is similar to CVS (concurrent version system), allowing a master element, forking and checking out and so on. Someone suggested using it to me for writing. I never could see means to implement it into a drafting system. Git Hub itself has developed and has began allowing for creation of at least static web sites.

I think maybe if a person had e-books they could set a git hub up that kept those updated / revised. Then, possibly arrange micro-payments for subscriptions. Just some random thinking on my end.

All I really need is a small blogging system which is equally useful on PC or on mobile. I use some grfx in my web designs, but they're very well optimized in photoshop, so don't take much space/bandwidth. My only major requirement is that the CSS files be available, so I can get the look and feel the way *I* want it. The scripts that compress the CSS files are a huge pain, because without the usual indents and line-spacing, CSS is very hard to read/edit.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugee's and GFY!

I should be doing some work about now but ended up taking my mom to the DMV this morning, then to wally world, coming home and taking a few cold tablets with a xanax and I dont feel like doing shit now.......

Always tomorrow :D

Figured something out regarding the Effexor. If I miss a dose of a night prior to bed, the next day I have the don't feel like doing shits. It is actually helping me as it should. I feel a good bit better. There's less negativity, anxiety. It makes things a bit more bearable.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah but... how the hell do you WASH an electric device? That's a hell of a lot more trouble than I EVER care to undertake. Eggos for me!

Andria

The plates pop right out. I'm lazy as fuck and don't mind cleaning them, any more than regular dishes.

Besides the not so great taste, Eggos to me represent the evil of the food industry and it's never ending campaign to get Americans to pay more for what is a cheap food.

Kind of like frozen bags of cooked rice. WTF

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Figured something out regarding the Effexor. If I miss a dose of a night prior to bed, the next day I have the don't feel like doing shits. It is actually helping me as it should. I feel a good bit better. There's less negativity, anxiety. It makes things a bit more bearable.

I found it to be virtually a miracle drug. I went from being unable to laugh at Spinal Tap and contemplating the most painless way to die, to clowning around with my son outdoors. It was completely amazing how radical the change was. But I would never take it again unless I really was that bad off again, suicidal, because the withdrawal is so rough.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The plates pop right out. I'm lazy as fuck and don't mind cleaning them, any more than regular dishes.

Besides the not so great taste, Eggos to me represent the evil of the food industry and it's never ending campaign to get Americans to pay more for what is a cheap food.

Kind of like frozen bags of cooked rice. WTF

Yeah, I can see that. And those frozen dinners that contain mashed potatoes? They're instant dehydrated [potatoes, so I have to dump them anyway and make real mashed spuds, because sulfites are a total no-no for asthmatics. And the ones that contain white rice, I dump out as much of that as i can, and add some brown rice. Because cheap is one thing, but completely non-nutritive is quite another!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm generally against specific-good-for-only-one-thing type appliances, but a waffle iron is essential.

Like, I don't have a toaster (not versatile, good only for toast or eggos,lol) but do have a toaster oven, that makes toast and also reheats many foods in a manner superior to the microwave or firing up the regular oven.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm generally against specific-good-for-only-one-thing type appliances, but a waffle iron is essential.

Like, I don't have a toaster (not versatile, good only for toast or eggos,lol) but do have a toaster oven, that makes toast and also reheats many foods in a manner superior to the microwave or firing up the regular oven.

French bread pizza from the toaster oven is the bee's fucking knees

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
French bread pizza from the toaster oven is the bee's fucking knees
Good example - it also reheats pizza :pizza: better than any other method I know of

(taking notes)

I have a toaster, and use it daily -- all my sandwiches have toasted bread. But my folks gave us a toaster oven for xmas, for some damn reason. The hardest thing was clearing a spot on the counter to put it. I've found it's also very good to toast the Stouffer's paninis, after they're nuked, so the bread isn't all moist and doughy.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Goddangit Hank. I have to try that. Sounds like the perfect thing to heat without sogging the crust. New Jersey, the font of Pizza knowledge...

The key is to not use too much heat. If you do it at the right temp the cheese will melt nice & slowly, & the crust will have a nice crispness.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I wrapped one of those fancy coils once looked like this...

old-and-new-barbed-wire-ball.jpg

I call it the Cell Block 6 Coil.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Chesty Morgan (Brass CV with Brass Goon topper) at 1 ohm SS with some TMaxx pear cake is at the top of my list right now, but the REO/Odin combo with the caramel corn juice ain't bad at all either. Or the REO/baby goon with Peachy Strawberry juice

VU Sponsors