Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Figured something out regarding the Effexor. If I miss a dose of a night prior to bed, the next day I have the don't feel like doing shits. It is actually helping me as it should. I feel a good bit better. There's less negativity, anxiety. It makes things a bit more bearable.

Thats kinda the way xanax does for me. The problems are still there, I just dont give a shit about them when I am on the xanax's.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thats kinda the way xanax does for me. The problems are still there, I just dont give a shit about them when I am on the xanax's.

Totally different. Xanax is ok when the "problems" are external -- as in your case. But when the problem is your own fucking brain, Xanax would just make you more depressed. Effexor allows you to return to who you really are; you can deal with any "problems" effectively, because they don't overwhelm you; you become able to see that most shit is small shit, compared to feeling like you want to end your life.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's and GFY :D

Since I spent the afternoon pretty fucked up and in no shape to play with saws and power tools I ended up taking a 3 hour nap instead :teehee:

After dinner I was a lot better and headed back to my house and was able to get 4 good hours of work in. Knocked off around 10:30 and took a shower at my house :) Finished the framing in of my new upper kitchen cabinets.Tomorrow I need to clean out my living room so I will have a place to start building the new base kitchen cabinets. Once that is done I can buy a couch, recliner and new TV and start staying at my house again :)

Its slow but every day I am getting closer and closer :D

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Totally different. Xanax is ok when the "problems" are external -- as in your case. But when the problem is your own fucking brain, Xanax would just make you more depressed. Effexor allows you to return to who you really are; you can deal with any "problems" effectively, because they don't overwhelm you; you become able to see that most shit is small shit, compared to feeling like you want to end your life.

Andria

Thats why I said kinda the way it does for me. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges, but the end results can be quiet similar.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fine. I crumbled to shinyitis. Have FT orders for a new voltage meter, one of the twenty some dollar ones. Also got a Kuro 6-in-1 coil jig/winder and an Origen Little style rda. Still like the Velocity style decks but wanted to try something a bit different for the sake of different.

Had a nice supper out in town tonight. Me and wife ate at Bob Evan's. We had a young gent that was only on his second day of working there serving us. He was quite relaxed despite the place obviously having been busy. There were a few items on our order which the kitchen slipped and didn't put up.

My wife got a little angry. It was not the server's error and I saw that too. I told her I was fine without coleslaw. She missed her French fries. At checkout she brought it up with the clerk, who got the general manager. He apologized profusely stating they had faced a busy day & knocked off about six dollars on our bill.

Me and her discussed this only briefly. We have both worked in kitchens enough to agree, busy day or not, there was no excuse for a wrong order. Still the manager had given us a fair remedy in knocking off a bit. All in it was a nice supper, nice evening.

Well, time to rack out lest I keep my little dog up. :) Run 'er slow.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really glad to hear your house is almost back in some sense of order, and habitable, Doc! You clearly have some experience in these things.. ;) GFY too.. In fact, GFY everyone.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man that stinks, I figured you'd at least get time off at Thanksgiving.

I'll get one day according to the PTB. Better than nothing I guess!
Without any days off? Holy Cow, that is brutal. Well, save all that great overtime up, buy the company, and fire the owner. He's a slave driver. ;)
We'll get Thanksgiving Day off but that's it. Actually, according to some, we have it better than some cells there. The Toyota cells have worked 7 days since the beginning of the year. :(

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit Moo, you almost gave poor old Cromwell a heart attack!

Happy to share the love. I met a vendor for a meeting, starbucks at his request. Almost had a heart attack myself when I saw what they are hitting so many people up daily for. They shoulda called themselves the Daily Grind. Once you start making every morning stops at Starbucks, you can never get off the treadmill...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 4 year vapeaversary passed by last month without me realizing it. I'ma call this Triade my Anniv. present. Now that I've used the Triade and the VT75 with their DNA boards, I swear, I won't buy another POS TC mod. Fucking things are amazing. So consistent and predictable.

I still can't figure out how to change the settings with the MODS, but Escribe makes it kind of a moot point. I guess at some point, I'll read the manuals.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
GM and GFY, Kad. It seems awhile since I have personally GFY'd to you.
GFY as well, Moueix! And all the other fugees as well!
Yeah, I've been busy, been doing 2 peoples jobs at once the last couple weeks. Hoping that Monday I'll find out all the extra work was worth the hassle, but then again I was hoping to find that out this week, so...

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My 4 year vapeaversary passed by last month without me realizing it. I'ma call this Triade my Anniv. present. Now that I've used the Triade and the VT75 with their DNA boards, I swear, I won't buy another POS TC mod. Fucking things are amazing. So consistent and predictable.

I still can't figure out how to change the settings with the MODS, but Escribe makes it kind of a moot point. I guess at some point, I'll read the manuals.
Well then, Happy late vapeaversary! Yeah, the DNA boards are great. And yeah, I haven't figured out how to change much of anything using the buttons on the mods either. But what do you mean read the manual? What is a manual? Isn't that a car with a where you have to push in the clutch and move the stick to change gears?

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well.. time to put 4" of razor sharp steel to my face and get on with this day. That bike ain't gonna ride itself. Ciao, y'all. Today is Renaissance Festival day. Time to go watch geeks and eat turkey legs like a boss.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well.. time to put 4" of razor sharp steel to my face and get on with this day. That bike ain't gonna ride itself. Ciao, y'all. Today is Renaissance Festival day. Time to go watch geeks and eat turkey legs like a boss.
Don't lie, you are just going to watch the bouncing wench cleavage!
4669787.jpg

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
OK, someone is bound to say TMI, but the geek in me just came a little watching this video.
I present the Letrons, created by Turkish engineers from a BMW.

Holy Shit that's badass!!! What I wouldn't give for my Mustang to be able to do that, I would park it upright in robot form in handicapped spots and dare someone to say something. :giggle::devil:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't lie, you are just going to watch the bouncing wench cleavage!
4669787.jpg

Quick, turn the lights back on! Oh wait got my eyes put out. * wanders off to find his eyes *

ETA: Merely expressing this to clarify myself a bit on the Effexor. I was not exactly suicidal when it was suggested. As I explained to the psychologist, I know no one is ever happy all the time. I also know though no one ought to be generally depressed, feeling useless and crappy all the time either. A good portion of that negativity for me lies in some brain chemistry, possibly more than I care to fess up to being. I did not want Lithium though as I've seen the chemical lobotomies it induces.

Not suicidal now, either. Granted a long while back as youth I pledged being Suicidal 4 Life as in a fan of Suicidal Tendencies metal band. That however is not the same as desiring to kill oneself, it is simply enjoying music. I also like Bach, Beethoven, Motzart, AC/DC, Rush, Ozzy, Yazoo, Dif Juz, Spacehog, Foo Fighters, Fugges, Bocephous. Okie dokie. :)

Last edited:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

You're the only one I know who gets Chinese food more oftern than me.

The Triade and VT75 are great. I'm just about convinced the only thing you really need to know is how to change profiles. They were made for configuration in eScribe. Which is fine with me. It's a lot easier to use that than try to remember "press the fire button three times, the left button twice, the right button once, and knock in wood three times to change modes". I just got an RX200S to use as an out and about beater so I don't have to take the Triade or Duo out in the cold, dark world, and all those button presses confuse the hell out of me. Works better than I expected, so it was worth picking up. Still love my DNAs.

Well then, Happy late vapeaversary! Yeah, the DNA boards are great. And yeah, I haven't figured out how to change much of anything using the buttons on the mods either. But what do you mean read the manual? What is a manual? Isn't that a car with a where you have to push in the clutch and move the stick to change gears?

Hey, just about every car I've ever had has been a manual. Not all that practical these days, but way more fun to drive. Besides, you an find a decent electric clutch these days to free up your left foot. Nice to have when you're stuck in traffic so you don't have to limp whenever you get to your destination.

VU Sponsors