Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, so, a computer person, doesn't even know where the cute emoji's are???? Ugh. I hide my face in shame......
Well.....I do just write t-sql code so maybe that's a good excuse??? Maybe???
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's NOT a good excuse. Epic fail!!!!!
But it's all good. I know where they are now.:lion:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Really??? omg! I wish my speakers were working. But Reign broke them! lol. Reminds me of Love Rollercoaster.

*I* didn't break anything, I can't help it I am so fun to be on the forums with you forget what you did to your PC. :D

And besides the connections have you checked where your audio is outputting to? It's very easy to change stuff like that when drinking and foruming. Not that I would know anything about that. :giggle:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
*I* didn't break anything, I can't help it I am so fun to be on the forums with you forget what you did to your PC. :D

And besides the connections have you checked where your audio is outputting to? It's very easy to change stuff like that when drinking and foruming. Not that I would know anything about that. :giggle:
Another epic computer "fail" on my part. I used to build computers!!!! Ok, I will seriously figure out what I did last night. Maybe I blew them from cranking them up too loud. :eek:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Another epic computer "fail" on my part. I used to build computers!!!! Ok, I will seriously figure out what I did last night. Maybe I blew them from cranking them up too loud. :eek:

If you blew them there would probably be some sound but with a lot of distortion or crackling. If it were me first check the wiring some speakers especially with a headphone type jack output can be yanked out easily then move on to what audio device is selected in the settings.

ETA: Oh and check the actual power plug especially if it's by your feet, I have done that and it took me a few hours to catch on.

Last edited:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I know. Right????? WTF??? People always say, oh man, when you quit smoking, everything tastes better, everything smells better...............I beg to differ. Just sayin'

I was walking across the street at work the other day and smelled cigs real bad, so I looked around there was guy down the street on his break. It was a moment of realization how far that nasty ass smell travels. And people in traffic with their windows down nearly chokes me out.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was walking across the street at work the other day and smelled cigs real bad, so I looked around there was guy down the street on his break. It was a moment of realization how far that nasty ass smell travels. And people in traffic with their windows down nearly chokes me out.

They are a lot grosser than I would have admitted during my smoking years (decades)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know, it still smells "good" to me. I don't know how long it will take for them to not smell good to me. They smelled bad before I smoked. But a fresh cigarette is a pleasing smell to me and I guess that means I have to still be very careful. Now, my sister, HATES it. And she used to smoke 3 packs a day! No kidding.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Since I have been vaping they only smell good to me when I buy my 6-8 month pack even then after I smoke my mouth tastes like I have been licking public restroom floor(I imagine that's what it tastes like). If it's someone else smoking it grosses me out big time.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You know, it still smells "good" to me. I don't know how long it will take for them to not smell good to me. They smelled bad before I smoked. But a fresh cigarette is a pleasing smell to me and I guess that means I have to still be very careful. Now, my sister, HATES it. And she used to smoke 3 packs a day! No kidding.

I go back and fourth on the lit cigarette smell thing. But my husband still smokes, so I'm around it all the time

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right now all I can think about is either eating dinner at Lucy's house or Andria's. Tacos, or some yummy dish she is always talking about. So, I guess I need to mill around the kitchen and find something edible. I'll tackle the speaker issue tomorrow. Yeah! That's right! I'll be like Scarlet O'Hara. I'll think about it TOMORROW!!!!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I put lots of sugar in it it makes it ok. Darned bitter stuff.

It really is, but I knew I had to ease up on the sugar when I was preggers; diabetes GALLOPS thru my family, and I did NOT want gestational diabetes, so i learned to drink it with a whole lot of milk, and just a little sugar; that helps the bitterness considerably.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

We were wandering around a Sears Outlet last weekend, looking at fancy stoves and fridges -- a couple of fridges I opened, I was like, "someone has been SMOKING around these appliances!!!!" :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The very first smoke when a cig is lit, yes, that still smells good to me... but any smoke after that, and especially the lingering smell that clings to people... UGHHH!!!!!!!!!

We were standing in line in a comcast office sometime last year, everyone's being polite, just patiently waiting in line... then this woman walked in, and I swear, 10 seconds after she entered, the entire room REEKED of cigarette smoke. 3 or 4 people apparently found it so intolerable, they left the line and went outside, so hey, thanks, stinky smoker, you just made the line shorter. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right now all I can think about is either eating dinner at Lucy's house or Andria's. Tacos, or some yummy dish she is always talking about. So, I guess I need to mill around the kitchen and find something edible. I'll tackle the speaker issue tomorrow. Yeah! That's right! I'll be like Scarlet O'Hara. I'll think about it TOMORROW!!!!!

We had burgers on the grill tonight, and shared a gi-normous baked potato. It was GOOOOOOOOOOD. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I got that refund from my old webhost today; plus, the mate did some yardwork for one of his co-workers, made $90. So our checking acct is happy again. That just felt like a personal affront when I checked it the other day and found it overdrawn, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO careful with it... FUCKING WEBHOST!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Also, that nice bedding set I ordered came yesterday; got my inhalers ordered Thursday, so now I'm just waiting on their arrival to really get crackin on that room. :) :) :)

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
GM & GFY.

In vape mail yesterday, got a 100 ft roll of each 28 & 30awg Kanthal. Will await two to six weeks for two Fast Tech orders. One is the volt meter, the other an Origen Little style rda and a coil winding jig.

Well, got to go piddle and feed. Run 'er slow.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Morning all! Woke at 6 AM and it was really dark out. I don't like it when it's dark in the morning. Next thing you know I'll need a sweater. Wait, I'm wearing one. I hate the end of summer.

Ok, so, a computer person, doesn't even know where the cute emoji's are???? Ugh. I hide my face in shame......
Well.....I do just write t-sql code so maybe that's a good excuse??? Maybe???
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's NOT a good excuse. Epic fail!!!!!
But it's all good. I know where they are now.:lion:

Hey, I couldn't figure out multiquote in this place. Emily was kind enough to tell me.

WOW, what with this and the womp thread that was a lot of catching up to do...

Morning Y'all

Womps are a lot more active over here. Catch up takes way longer than over there. Then again, there were fewer and fewer folks over there, so I guess it's not magic to understand why.

How's your morning /early afternoon?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
GM
b078202ec38cf85167e6f990af346332.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning everyone! Barely moving, feeling a bit worse for wear today. Partied with some old high school friends. A couple of us forgot that it's been a long time since we were teenagers.

VU Sponsors