Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cc6d4f4c8c7bca35c70f379050f0b787.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, I forgot about the fact that you are also expected to dole out free candy

The expense must cause heart palpitations and mental anguish

We always get a few bags of cheap candy at the dollar store, and a couple bags of the more expensive good stuff... Start out with the cheap stuff, so any that's left over is the good stuff that WE like. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Snowing in the north country yet?......:gaah:

Bet Hawaii sounds really good about now.....:)

Bet you're happy to beat the heat about now yourself :D

It's creeping down the mountain, lol

Winter has been hitting a month later than it was three years ago.

Until 2013, it always started to freeze overnight by mid-August. I don't think we've even gone down into the 30s yet

But yeah, the islands are calling - ready for some endless summer

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning everyone! Barely moving, feeling a bit worse for wear today. Partied with some old high school friends. A couple of us forgot that it's been a long time since we were teenagers.

Snagged my future daughter in law from the festival yesterday. She was with some of my sons friends (he had to work) and they were ALL quite drunk. We didn't want her riding home in a car full of drunks. Advised said friends to stop for a LONG slow dinner with no alcohol. Kids. Doing stupid shit since.. well, forever. Then we partied all night while watching game of thrones. I just woke up, this might be a personal best for drunken sleep.

No hangover either, the joys of abusing multiple avenues of partying, each moderately. Hahaha...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Snagged my future daughter in law from the festival yesterday. She was with some of my sons friends (he had to work) and they were ALL quite drunk. We didn't want her riding home in a car full of drunks. Advised said friends to stop for a LONG slow dinner with no alcohol. Kids. Doing stupid shit since.. well, forever. Then we partied all night while watching game of thrones. I just woke up, this might be a personal best for drunken sleep.

No hangover either, the joys of abusing multiple avenues of partying, each moderately. Hahaha...

Morning Moo

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crazy assed Ducati yesterday. It is all computer controlled. Nine levels of traction control, 3 levels of ABS, and 3 levels of engine power. Then there are 3 riding modes, Urban, Touring and Sport which have presets of the aforementioned controls. Been riding in Touring mode, as it gives a good combo of power and control. Not really ready to lighten up on the ABS or traction control, but I went into the submenu's, and gave Touring Mode full engine power.

Holy Crap! I played with it a lil when I first got the bike, then decided I needed to grow a little into the capabilities. I just cannot believe a machine is capable of the things this bike can do. Yesterday I rode all day with full power. You REALLY gotta watch the launches, and even the power shifts beyond 1st, you can stand this thing straight up, and probably then some. But Dayum.... passing cars is just a quick twist and done. With full throttle, by the time I hit 3rd gear and the clutch is full out, she's at 100. With most of 3rd and all of 4th, 5th and 6th gears to go. I wonder where she tops out... :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The 1st yr we lived here, we got zero trick or treaters... but since then, apparently our street has experienced a baby boom, and we get quite a few. Or maybe it's just that the drunk renters have finally moved on, and now there are actually families here who own their home. Which could go a long way to explaining why our property value has risen so sharply.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 1st yr we lived here, we got zero trick or treaters... but since then, apparently our street has experienced a baby boom, and we get quite a few. Or maybe it's just that the drunk renters have finally moved on, and now there are actually families here who own their home. Which could go a long way to explaining why our property value has risen so sharply.

Andria

Damn, that reminds me! I gotta go rent a golf cart so my kids can trick or treat at Prestwick Village! Crap, going to need some Izod shirts too... :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Crazy assed Ducati yesterday. It is all computer controlled. Nine levels of traction control, 3 levels of ABS, and 3 levels of engine power. Then there are 3 riding modes, Urban, Touring and Sport which have presets of the aforementioned controls. Been riding in Touring mode, as it gives a good combo of power and control. Not really ready to lighten up on the ABS or traction control, but I went into the submenu's, and gave Touring Mode full engine power.

Holy Crap! I played with it a lil when I first got the bike, then decided I needed to grow a little into the capabilities. I just cannot believe a machine is capable of the things this bike can do. Yesterday I rode all day with full power. You REALLY gotta watch the launches, and even the power shifts beyond 1st, you can stand this thing straight up, and probably then some. But Dayum.... passing cars is just a quick twist and done. With full throttle, by the time I hit 3rd gear and the clutch is full out, she's at 100. With most of 3rd and all of 4th, 5th and 6th gears to go. I wonder where she tops out... :)

Thought of this...

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Whenever I think about getting a bike, that's the one I think about. Rode my friend's one time, and decided that would be it for me.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whenever I think about getting a bike, that's the one I think about. Rode my friend's one time, and decided that would be it for me.

I hope you do. I think if everyone had a motorcycle, Psychiatrists would go out of business. No bullshit in life is so serious, that you consider it over surviving the next turn in the road ahead at maximum possible speed. :)

I got the XDiavel S. It is Ducati's entry into the "cruiser" market. Coming from a V-rod for my townie bike, the low seat height and foot forward controls are very familiar to me. Beyond that, it is all just Ducati superbike. I was going to get a Monster, but I got lucky and Ducati came out with this, this year. My titanium hip is grateful for not having mid-controls. I just LOVE this damn thing.
85246.jpg

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Um....
b6f282dbeef590c59b2a6482c7ec056b.jpg

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT
They do coffee ones :)

Andria
Do you always say trick or just don't answer ;)

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well you know, Your Correspondent has discovered many immortal truths in a long misspent ( but on the whole exceedingly enjoyable) lifetime, not the least being that tre skin is indeed mightier than the banana - tonight He was able to add yet another one to this litany viz - "It is impossible to play 'Edelweiss' on a Spanish guitar when though one was the soberest in the company in a Scottish boozer, excessive amounts of lagers with whiskies on the side were being consumed."

The Writer however is pleased, however, to report that he and his vaping device, which he clutched tightly in his right hand, arrived home safely before making the above discovery.

He however suspects the wise words of a folk singing friend may apply to his post - "Not one ounce of ferk will be given today!"

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you know, Your Correspondent has discovered many immortal truths in a long misspent ( but on the whole exceedingly enjoyable) lifetime, not the least being that tre skin is indeed mightier than the banana - tonight He was able to add yet another one to this litany viz - "It is impossible to play 'Edelweiss' on a Spanish guitar when though one was the soberest in the company in a Scottish boozer, excessive amounts of lagers with whiskies on the side were being consumed."

The Writer however is pleased, however, to report that he and his vaping device, which he clutched tightly in his right hand, arrived home safely before making the above discovery.

He however suspects the wise words of a folk singing friend may apply to his post - "Not one ounce of ferk will be given today!"

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Welcome to the Fugee thread! The weather in Michigan was gorgeous all weekend. It would have been hard to NOT have a good one.

Good evening, Fugee's and GFY. Going to be on the road all night, heading to the next shutdown. I will resume participation in the Shenanigans at vape breaks and when possible. I am preparing emotionally for when we return. My crew will be taking my toys outta the lake and winterizing them. Always a sobering moment. Ah well, it was a VERY good summer.

VU Sponsors