Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Awesome news! Recent studies show that people people who swear are smarter, and also that messy disorganized work places foster creativity.
So I'm both smart and creative!

Well I always fucking knew that. The messy part is pretty cool though.

I hope you do. I think if everyone had a motorcycle, Psychiatrists would go out of business. No bullshit in life is so serious, that you consider it over surviving the next turn in the road ahead at maximum possible speed. :)

I got the XDiavel S. It is Ducati's entry into the "cruiser" market. Coming from a V-rod for my townie bike, the low seat height and foot forward controls are very familiar to me. Beyond that, it is all just Ducati superbike. I was going to get a Monster, but I got lucky and Ducati came out with this, this year. My titanium hip is grateful for not having mid-controls. I just LOVE this damn thing.
85246.jpg

That is a beautiful bike. That would put a smile on anyone's face. I think my friend's was the Multistrada. Absolutely wild the way the electronic suspension/traction control work. The best was the ability to customize it. Could flip through modes that made it feel like the damn bike was handling itself.

Enjoy it and stay safe. Despite the bells, whistles, and safety features (probably the safest bike I know), it's still a big strong bike that can still get into trouble. Granted, you'd have to work for that.:D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope you do. I think if everyone had a motorcycle, Psychiatrists would go out of business. No bullshit in life is so serious, that you consider it over surviving the next turn in the road ahead at maximum possible speed. :)

I got the XDiavel S. It is Ducati's entry into the "cruiser" market. Coming from a V-rod for my townie bike, the low seat height and foot forward controls are very familiar to me. Beyond that, it is all just Ducati superbike. I was going to get a Monster, but I got lucky and Ducati came out with this, this year. My titanium hip is grateful for not having mid-controls. I just LOVE this damn thing.
85246.jpg
Moo...you got me thinking all day. Added to calendar.

"Buy new Harley Wednesday morning"........:tldr:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WOOT!!! Whatcha going to get, Dale? They are ALL so nice. Yep, it is THE best stress reliever I know. Even the afterglow last for hours.. ;)
Been waiting till the end of the year for good reason, deals on leftovers....:bliss:

I'm now preparing to be strip searched (again) in Bogota, hope you folks have a lovely evening.....:wave:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All those people that complain about STM's leaking.....
Mine almost never leak.

Left my Subtank Mini RBA in my truck today for over 2 hours in the upright position. 90 degrees outside and truck closed up in sun.
Guess what?
Nary a dribble not even a gurgle on my first pull after getting back to my truck.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All those people that complain about STM's leaking.....
Mine almost never leak.

Left my Subtank Mini RBA in my truck today for over 2 hours in the upright position. 90 degrees outside and truck closed up in sun.
Guess what?
Nary a dribble not even a gurgle on my first pull after getting back to my truck.

Every once in a while I debate going back to a tank. I might grab a Billow 2.5. Also been interested in them Clitty Tanks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every once in a while I debate going back to a tank. I might grab a Billow 2.5. Also been interested in them Clitty Tanks

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Seems so many complain about the STM's leaking?

I did have one dribble just a bit after sitting half full of juice in the stand for a month or so. But otherwise NO leaks for close to a year with my STM's.

Now had that been a Kanger T3s I had left in my truck it would have been empty and juice all over.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Seems so many complain about the STM's leaking?

I did have one dribble just a bit after sitting half full of juice in the stand for a month or so. But otherwise NO leaks for close to a year with my STM's.

Now had that been a Kanger T3s I had left in my truck it would have been empty and juice all over.

Fuck Kanger

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to figure out what, short of penal incarceration, calls for a strip search.

Andria
going to Canada and mouthing off to the Canadian border folks.
Used to work with a mouthy asshole in Orygun.
Every time he went to Canada he got strip searched :) I loved it.
Myself on the other had never got hassled at all. The people talked nice to me and I talked nice to them.
And I was a hippie type back then too.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck Kanger
You can if you want I am using a year old white Kbox mini 50W. A daily user. Not a single glitch and finish still nice with a couple of drop scars.
I love my Subtank Minis. I have used mainly the same tank for a year. Threads still good on both tank and mod.
I bought 3 more Kbox Mini's on sale for $20 each a while back for backups but not sure when I might need them. Used each of them for a week to be sure they were good backups. then put them away.

Last edited:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Are you tired of interacting with other people in the car?
Well thanks to the U-connect Theater you don't have to."

The all new Chrysler Pacifica.
Helping to degrade the human species.
Ensure a more thorough programming of your children. Then complain about the education system...

I watch no almost no TV however Hulu has commercials and they are an insight into the human culture.....
A disturbing insight....
I'm with you, Bob. I have no need for a TV except football and dvds. It's rare I get sucked into a series like Thrones. If my WHOLE family has watched it and liked it, then it's a good bet.

But I didn't really care for Potter. So who knows..

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
South Carolina?

Andria
LOL, South America. But hey, you never know. A lot of nickle and dime hustlers in NYC would take the trip down south for cheap cigs in tobacco country and come back with cases at a fraction of the cost of store bought cigs. It was a big thing in the Bronx when I worked there. Cigarettes and guns imported from down south were big business items for car trunk retailers.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL, South America. But hey, you never know. A lot of nickle and dime hustlers in NYC would take the trip down south for cheap cigs in tobacco country and come back with cases at a fraction of the cost of store bought cigs. It was a big thing in the Bronx when I worked there. Cigarettes and guns imported from down south were big business items for car trunk retailers.

A good friend of my uncle's was a salesman, whose route was in N. Carolina; he flew his own small plane for a while, until it got hammered with hail and basically destroyed. But everytime he came back from N. Carolina, he had a spare suitcase filled with cigarettes. :D

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
going to Canada and mouthing off to the Canadian border folks.
Used to work with a mouthy asshole in Orygun.
Every time he went to Canada he got strip searched :) I loved it.
Myself on the other had never got hassled at all. The people talked nice to me and I talked nice to them.
And I was a hippie type back then too.

Got pulled in by Canada once. Routine. I was about 18, had the GF with. Had a small bag of firecrackers. Guy decides to search. He took a "kit" from the glove box. A contraceptive foam applicator and alcohol wipes in a pouch.

He went ballistic. How illegal it was too even have one of these, as he waved the thing in the air.. wanted to know where the drugs were.. he thought it was a syringe..

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got pulled in by Canada once. Routine. I was about 18, had the GF with. Had a small bag of firecrackers. Guy decides to search. He took a "kit" from the glove box. A contraceptive foam applicator and alcohol wipes in a pouch.

He went ballistic. How illegal it was too even have one of these, as he waved the thing in the air.. wanted to know where the drugs were.. he thought it was a syringe..
How embarrassed was he when he finally realized what it was... come on you can't leave it on a cliff hanger like that.... :teehee::teehee::xD::xD:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And yeah, he tore the car up pretty good after that.

This same girlfriend.. I squawked my tires coming off a wet sidestreet onto a dry hwy. Cop going the other way. He came after me. Leans in my window and asks my GF " were you impressed?"

She was a sweet girl. Rarely swore. SHE says "fuck you". I almost shat myself. Reckless ticket. Thanks cutie.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And yeah, he tore the car up pretty good after that.

This same girlfriend.. I squawked my tires coming off a wet sidestreet onto a dry hwy. Cop going the other way. He came after me. Leans in my window and asks my GF " were you impressed?"

She was a sweet girl. Rarely swore. SHE says "fuck you". I almost shat myself. Reckless ticket. Thanks cutie.

I've *almost * cured my husband of barking the tires when he's pissed off, by asking him how much he figures of that $700 they cost, he just left on the road. :D

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On my remote road, the H.S. kids after a game or whatever, would smash our mailboxes. It was rare enough. Mine is right next to my neighbors and we both got hit. We were out there fixing them together. He was pissed. I just chuckled. He asked what was funny. Karma, I said.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On my remote road, the H.S. kids after a game or whatever, would smash our mailboxes. It was rare enough. Mine is right next to my neighbors and we both got hit. We were out there fixing them together. He was pissed. I just chuckled. He asked what was funny. Karma, I said.
Yep. Don't understand why my neighbors keep buying aluminum. Mine's now about 15 years in service, high density plastic, not a scratch in it. Been knocked of its post a few times, but still intact.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. Don't understand why my neighbors keep buying aluminum. Mine's now about 15 years in service, high density plastic, not a scratch in it. Been knocked of its post a few times, but still intact.
Noice! I broke down and got the Uber rugged plastic that bolts to a 4x4 set in concrete. If it's been attacked, I can't tell. I also set it back a few feet from the previous owners box when I switched. The new owner asked if he could help me line them up. Nope. I like it RIGHT there.. Mail lady just angles in.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Noice! I broke down and got the Uber rugged plastic that bolts to a 4x4 set in concrete. If it's been attacked, I can't tell. I also set it back a few feet from the previous owners box when I switched. The new owner asked if he could help me line them up. Nope. I like it RIGHT there.. Mail lady just angles in.
Exactly what we did, and no screws, nails. Make putting it back with the angle brace LOTS easier, like a 5 minute job.

I wanted to move it back, but the PO, at the time, was really bitchy about moving it too far in from the road and they were already complaining that it's "past regulation". Seriously? There are regulations? Where? We don't have sidewalks, so what's the difference if you pull in half off the road or full off the road? Apparently, to my mailman at the time, there's a difference. He was already bitching because it was two feet back from the blacktop, not the 6" "regulation distance". This is the same guy who disappeared from the PO when my Netflix deliveries stopped disappearing from my mailbox.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just the cost of Monkey bidness..

Profoundly disturbing to the tight-fisted tightwads among us. Especially since we saw very clearly how much the cost of EXISTING had risen -- we bought a set of new tires for our first pickup in 2008... $400. We bought another set for our current pickup last year... $700. Almost 100% inflation, in 7 yrs. :facepalm: Of course, the ones last year were Yokohamas. :D Hellacious sale, to get 4 of those, big tires for a big pickup truck, for that price.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fuckers... I mean, fugees. :D GFYs merrily!

We have a 15% chance of rain today! Woohoo! It's been dry as dust for quite a while, so c'mon, rain! Stop pestering the shit out of Iowa and Texas and get your ass here to N GA!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd just like to say how much I love PayPal. I had to put in a new email address last night, my gmail, since I don't have email servers for any of my crypticsites email addresses anymore... which totally fucked up my login, and I had to call them just now, to get it resolved -- 5 minutes, problem solved! MARVELOUS!

Now I can get back to plundering ebay. :D

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY y'all. Also, Fuck Windsor! Looks like a road trip tomorrow. Wanted to see how long it takes from my house since it'll likely be an early morning. Google maps says take the Ambassador Bridge. WTF? It always takes me by the tunnel, why the hell is it taking me by the bridge this time? Also why does my phone not let me type hell?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors