ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY y'all. Also, Fuck Windsor! Looks like a road trip tomorrow. Wanted to see how long it takes from my house since it'll likely be an early morning. Google maps says take the Ambassador Bridge. WTF? It always takes me by the tunnel, why the hell is it taking me by the bridge this time? Also why does my phone not let me type hell?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Happy Monday - and GFY if your phone isn't already giving you a good buggering

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Der HankFSpankmanzee

6584b8a7b21b5c1f74e1c8bfd97275c9.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY y'all. Also, Fuck Windsor! Looks like a road trip tomorrow. Wanted to see how long it takes from my house since it'll likely be an early morning. Google maps says take the Ambassador Bridge. WTF? It always takes me by the tunnel, why the hell is it taking me by the bridge this time? Also why does my phone not let me type hell?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

The bridge is nicer anyway -- no claustrophobia! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seriously, first it wanted to change hell to bell, then it wanted to change it to shell. I mean, seriously, has ECF taken control of my auto correct?:blah:.

I finally went into my phone's setup the other day and turned autocorrect/autoreplace/autosuggest completely OFF, I was so completely sick of that shit!

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally went into my phone's setup the other day and turned autocorrect/autoreplace/autosuggest completely OFF, I was so completely sick of that shit!

Andria
I did that the other day. Then I typed a bunch of incoherent drunk posts Saturday night, and decided that it would have been useful if it had been on so I turned it back on.:rolleyes:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good ol snail mail... just got a notice from my bank that I had an overdraft! Gee, ya think? :giggle: Known and solved, 5 days ago!

Really glad that they paid the thing that got presented that caused it to go into the negative, even if it did cost me $36 -- the fucking electric bill! :facepalm: 'Course, if not for that stupid webhost, that would never have happened.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bridge is nicer anyway -- no claustrophobia! :giggle:

Andria
I have a rational fear of the Blue Water bridge. There are 2 lanes of I94 that go directly to the bridge. No exits, you WILL be officially entering Canada with whatever and whomever you have on board.

And of course, GPS ALWAYS insists those are the lanes I want.

I've BEEN in a Canadian lockup. Tim Hortons is a very limited menu...

And what's with the guards always apologizing for doing their job?
"Oh, eh. Really soarry aboot this incarceration"

Last edited:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a rational fear of the Blue Water bridge. There are 2 lanes of I94 that go directly to the bridge. No exits, you WILL be officially entering Canada with whatever and whomever you have on board.

And of course, GPS ALWAYS insists those are the lanes I want.

I've BEEN in a Canadian lockup. Tim Hortons is a very limited menu...

And what's with the guards always apologizing for doing their job?
"Oh, eh. Really soarry aboot this incarceration"

959b6fb7ece47f72d4662deca9cd6723.jpg

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I expect that to most of the viewers it will be like watching a football game.
Just rooting for their side and cussing the other side.....

I dislike them both so I get to pick and choose good stuff to make fun of them for later. This election is a perfect example of why I am biding my time to "cash out" and move to an island somewhere.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to figure out what, short of penal incarceration, calls for a strip search.

Andria

In line to board an airplane and seeing your buddy Jack, hollering out "Hi Jack!"

Going into any Federal building and declaring clearly and loudly, "The dead man's switch triggers the bomb only if I let go."

A warranted search for drugs which also will include a full cavity search.

In certain cases walking through a shopping mall, or department store humming the Mission Impossible theme.

As routine part of military capture of prisoners of war as those who will be your guardians at that point need to ensure your safety in accord with Geneva Conventions, that is if your nation still abides those.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So how are my favorite fuckwads tonight?
FanFuckingTastic tonight! Promotion at work, trip to Cana-duh put off because the idiots at FCA lost the trial parts that I was going to see, and two more Coppervape mods arrived today. Life has been great today. Then again it's been pretty fantastic the last few weeks in general.

Excuse me while I go find some wood to knock on.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
FanFuckingTastic tonight! Promotion at work, trip to Cana-duh put off because the idiots at FCA lost the trial parts that I was going to see, and two more Coppervape mods arrived today. Life has been great today. Then again it's been pretty fantastic the last few weeks in general.

Excuse me while I go find some wood to knock on.

Woohoo!

Why don't you knock your own wood and GFY while it will still be pleasant :cool:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:wave:

You just knew someone had to say that. :D Watching old season reruns of Criminal Minds tonight. Thought I'd watch some fake wrestling but the witch says that's a big no. Makes no real never mind to me, at least it's not that silly puppet show.

Been getting rather closer with my dogs. Got a book by that Cesar Millan & wife brought me the flash card set to go with it tonight. Sherlock, the one what had been trouble is not so much trouble now. He's become a papa's boy. I credit reading Cesar's book and Sherlock's brother Grouchy taking over the bigger dog spot. Grouchy had before been in the pen until he escaped. Figure that fouled with Sherlock a bit.

Well, run 'er slow. *hugs* :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's and GFY :D

Tonight is the first night since august 12'th when the flood waters came in that I been able to stay in my house. Going to sleep on an air mattress in my living room but it will be in MY house!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost all my furniture except a solid oak head board I made years ago, an old secretary hutch/desk that use to belong to my grandpa and a coffee table so I had to have some way of stashing and storing crap that was savable. So I made a shelve/pantry unit in my bathroom. I only had a upper kitchen cabinet above the fridge and one attached to it and been planning for years to make more and never got around to it. Today I put the finishing touches on upper custom hand made kitchen cabinets the are 3 ft by 8 ft. Plenty of storage room now. I still need to make 5 doors for the bathroom panty unit and the doors for the upper kitchen cabinets and do the staining on them.
Next on the agenda is to make some kitchen base cabinets. I have an 8 ft run I am going to start on tomorrow. They was store bought cabinets but they was made out of particle board and being under a couple foot of water for over a day has destroyed them. What I will build will be hand made from ply wood and should come out real sweet.
I got real lucky with my TV. I turned it on after the flood and it lit up but that was it, no picture at all, just a few lights on it. Today I did away with the power strip it was on and replaced it and the TV came right on, been watching netflix on it all day while working so I got lucky there. Saved me $400 for a new TV :D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tonight is the first night since august 12'th when the flood waters came in that I been able to stay in my house. Going to sleep on an air mattress in my living room but it will be in MY house!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost all my furniture except a solid oak head board I made years ago, an old secretary hutch/desk that use to belong to my grandpa and a coffee table so I had to have some way of stashing and storing crap that was savable. So I made a shelve/pantry unit in my bathroom. I only had a upper kitchen cabinet above the fridge and one attached to it and been planning for years to make more and never got around to it. Today I put the finishing touches on upper custom hand made kitchen cabinets the are 3 ft by 8 ft. Plenty of storage room now. I still need to make 5 doors for the bathroom panty unit and the doors for the upper kitchen cabinets and do the staining on them.
Next on the agenda is to make some kitchen base cabinets. I have an 8 ft run I am going to start on tomorrow. They was store bought cabinets but they was made out of particle board and being under a couple foot of water for over a day has destroyed them. What I will build will be hand made from ply wood and should come out real sweet.
I got real lucky with my TV. I turned it on after the flood and it lit up but that was it, no picture at all, just a few lights on it. Today I did away with the power strip it was on and replaced it and the TV came right on, been watching netflix on it all day while working so I got lucky there. Saved me $400 for a new TV :D
Sounds like a very productive day, Doc.

Nothing like sleeping in your own house, in your own bed, no matter what kind of bed it is, doing whatever you please, without any bizarre questions...:wave:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Post a couple pics for yall. This one is when I was framing in the new upper cabinets. The plywood on the wall is where a window use to be :)

7f9fa2752657441c80408cd5c32e55bf.png

And this is how they look tonight. Need final sanding and staining, then make some doors and put them on them and they will be done.

b4807007f9a447769043f45d3bea1df0.png

Even have a light under the cabinet centered above the sink. Once I get the doors on them and its done will post a final picture of them for yall to see.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post a couple pics for yall. This one is when I was framing in the new upper cabinets. The plywood on the wall is where a window use to be :)

And this is how they look tonight. Need final sanding and staining, then make some doors and put them on them and they will be done.

Even have a light under the cabinet centered above the sink. Once I get the doors on them and its done will post a final picture of them for yall to see.
Looks good. You are getting there.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Doc you keep it up you'll be working for Mike Holmes. :)

Glad you got back to your home and have the capacity now to be fixing up. Know it'll do no good to say but try not to go too hard at it. Something I had to learn from wife's grandfather, "well, it'll be there tomorrow." He did not procrastinate by any means. We would simply do as much as we could until time ran out, or he got tired of trying to work me to death. Miss the cantankerous old goat.

Well, run 'er slow *hug*

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I didn't realize the damage to all your stuff was so bad. But it looks like you are making progress, and those cabinets are looking real nice!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm awake. Got up early so I could do my usual slowpoke farting around while cooking breffus, and still have some of the day left in which to start vacuuming up dust and cobwebs. The mate is bringing some boxes home from work (he works in a box factory, after all!), so we can get the books and whatnot boxed up to be moved out for the painting to commence. I'll get some pics of that project, so you can see how awful it is now, vs. how nice it's going to be when I get done with it. :)

GFYs merrily.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just so y'all understand exactly what a pile of crap I'm starting with... I'm sure anyone with a "junk room" will find this somewhat familiar: (dig that URGLY green paint on the walls! :facepalm:)

smlr-IMG_0970.jpg

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

So glad to hear you are slowly getting things back together there at home, what a devastating thing to happen to anyone in a flood. I must have missed reading what happened to you. Be well and hopefully soon things will be back to your normal soon.:wave:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doc you keep it up you'll be working for Mike Holmes. :)

Glad you got back to your home and have the capacity now to be fixing up. Know it'll do no good to say but try not to go too hard at it. Something I had to learn from wife's grandfather, "well, it'll be there tomorrow." He did not procrastinate by any means. We would simply do as much as we could until time ran out, or he got tired of trying to work me to death. Miss the cantankerous old goat.

Well, run 'er slow *hug*

Thats exactly the attitude I been taking. If I get tired I stop, if it becomes over whelming I stop and just take it one step at a time until it dont seems as daunting of a task. Im not going to kill myself and like you said, it will be there tomorrow. Excellent words to live by!

VU Sponsors