Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
7sOLE0B.jpg

4d1a3200cb52a1a0282162e832aa5aca.jpg

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's And Then Suck On A Great Big (not sure of the next two letters) Dick.

It was stream of consciousness, and now it's gone. The conciousness, that is. Shutdown is over, customer is elated, nobody got hurt, fat checks all around and it's a great day to be alive. I think I'll kill some brain cells...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It was stream of consciousness, and now it's gone. The conciousness, that is. Shutdown is over, customer is elated, nobody got hurt, fat checks all around and it's a great day to be alive. I think I'll kill some brain cells...

That's great.

Think I'll treat myself to a glass of wine in a few hours...

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a Stream of Unconsciousness moment Saturday. Woke up Sunday morning, read some embarrassing posts in the other thread and wondered what the fuck I had been trying to say, found out I'd posted something completely random on someone's facebook page, and, well, we won't mention the waking up completely naked in the neighbor's back yard, I'm sure they'd prefer to forget that too.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm.. I sent a couple guys out to get pizza for everyone, and the cash. That was an hour ago. My stomach says "invoke plan B". Apparently, it is now already ahead of my brain.

If these guys don't get food, they'll kill someone. Maybe I'll just go with my partner/best buddy to get Chines.... nope, there they are. Fantasy pause...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ordered some new spectacles today.
Darned degeneration of human body's.

I keep hollerin at my husband that I really truly need some prescription eyeglasses, but then he hollers back that since I want the 'spensive kind, we better save up for it. :facepalm: I desperately need reading glasses, I've worn those since before I was 40, but I'm also a little near-sighted, and dreadfully astigmatic -- almost zero peripheral vision, and shitty depth perception, thanks to the astigmatism. But I also want the kind that get darker outdoors, because I am sick and damn tired of the glasses-shuffle everytime I walk out the door; if I want to read in the truck, I have to wear reading glasses, which means I'm half-blind from sunlight and glare. :facepalm:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep hollerin at my husband that I really truly need some prescription eyeglasses, but then he hollers back that since I want the 'spensive kind, we better save up for it. :facepalm: I desperately need reading glasses, I've worn those since before I was 40, but I'm also a little near-sighted, and dreadfully astigmatic -- almost zero peripheral vision, and shitty depth perception, thanks to the astigmatism. But I also want the kind that get darker outdoors, because I am sick and damn tired of the glasses-shuffle everytime I walk out the door; if I want to read in the truck, I have to wear reading glasses, which means I'm half-blind from sunlight and glare. :facepalm:

Andria
That is where I'm heading tomorrow, optometrist.....these reading glasses ain't cutting it any longer.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY!

4am and I am awake and cutting wood already.........

Thinking today I might go shopping for a couch and a recliner. I am actually to the point where after today I can take my chop saw and saw horses outside for the little work I still need to do with them. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Alright. From the photo, it appears the guy's body language is yelling out "I'm drawing a gun on you."

I could understand acting in self defense if he continued in such a stance after told to stand down. The officers did not appear close enough to discern mod or gun. Not sure it mattered one whit if he was purple, green, yellow, orange, blue, red, whatever. He seemed to be brandishing a weapon and set upon using it.

Understand I am not exactly defending or condoning the police action taken. I am though capable to see what seems to be from a photograph. In truth though, I was not there & do not know. The officers were there and obviously from their training and experience they felt risk of threat. Someone looked to be pulling a gun on me and set to use it, I would feel a threat too. Merely logical reasoning and speculation on my part. Again, I don't know all involved.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That stance, pointing right at you, hard to not think weapon, especially gun with that hand position. In these cases, having photos and video certainly allows for judgement after the fact without the tension and threat of that moment, which can sometimes not be entirely fair. In this case the visual evidence seems to support the action taken. If someone took that stance pointing at me I'd assume gun and react as though it was.

It's tragic for the man killed, and tragic for the police officer involved who will now have to live with the decision he made. For most people, taking a life, even if justified, is still a painful and traumatic event.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's tragic for the man killed, and tragic for the police officer involved who will now have to live with the decision he made. For most people, taking a life, even if justified, is still a painful and traumatic event.

I so agree with this and that judgment after the fact being rather unfair. To me, it appeared the guy had something in his hands. Does that alone infer a gun? No. His body positioning though and the aggressive stance he took seems/ed to have lent toward that inference. Again though, that is one of those tough in the moment calls. We don't know as we were not there, it was not us facing the guy. I too think the officer followed what is protocol. He possibly thought the man had a gun. Well, he has to protect himself and his partner. If, he told the guy to drop whatever, to stand down and the guy refused, at that point it would be seen as a threat. Agree though, sad for it to have happened & I'm not condoning but rather seeing what seems to be and attempting understanding.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I so agree with this and that judgment after the fact being rather unfair. To me, it appeared the guy had something in his hands. Does that alone infer a gun? No. His body positioning though and the aggressive stance he took seems/ed to have lent toward that inference. Again though, that is one of those tough in the moment calls. We don't know as we were not there, it was not us facing the guy. I too think the officer followed what is protocol. He possibly thought the man had a gun. Well, he has to protect himself and his partner. If, he told the guy to drop whatever, to stand down and the guy refused, at that point it would be seen as a threat. Agree though, sad for it to have happened & I'm not condoning but rather seeing what seems to be and attempting understanding.

All we can do is infer. We weren't in the officer's shoes when this happened in a matter of a few seconds can can only speculate what went through his mind. Even if you give someone the command to drop a weapon, raise their arms ,whatever, how long do you give them to comply before taking action? It only takes a second for them to pull the trigger. That's the tough part.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
All we can do is infer. We weren't in the officer's shoes when this happened in a matter of a few seconds can can only speculate what went through his mind. Even if you give someone the command to drop a weapon, raise their arms ,whatever, how long do you give them to comply before taking action? It only takes a second for them to pull the trigger. That's the tough part.

So much this. With video and pictures after the fact we can sit and analyze it for hours, but in real time these incidents take seconds.

VU Sponsors