Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning fugee's and GFY :D

These are the base cabinets I will be replacing today, or at least starting to build them. I have to be careful with the counter top and build the cabinets under them. Back in 03 when I refurbished this barn into a home I hand made the counter top and it is one solid piece 9 ft by 10 ft and doesnt come apart so I have to prop it up, remove the old destroyed cabinets and build the new ones in its place. I have my work cut out for me.

bc5d17a53a7a46069ee0adc7bac14534.png

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woot. Got the double dip going on today. Working an ethanol plant and a biodiesel plant today. Right next door to each other. That never happens. I quoted MOB for each plant separately.

Hope you all are having a great Tuesday, and a merry GFY.
20160927_114435.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and GFY! :stars:

One step at a time here. This is what it looks like with 8 ft of kitchen base cabinets removed.

072080e743124c6f82e6a02f9ebc53a2.png

If you look at the far right side of that bare spot you will see a section that is two cinder blocks high. That was the feeding troof when they milked the cows. My place use to be a milking barn.

Now the real fun part, building new cabinets.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Afternoon fugee's and GFY! :stars:

One step at a time here. This is what it looks like with 8 ft of kitchen base cabinets removed.

072080e743124c6f82e6a02f9ebc53a2.png

If you look at the far right side of that bare spot you will see a section that is two cinder blocks high. That was the feeding troof when they milked the cows. My place use to be a milking barn.

Now the real fun part, building new cabinets.

That's a manly man job, though. Fun stuff, building things. :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Holy shit - my Mr. had a stroke last night, right after my last post.

Did something that is hard to do: scared the bejeezus out of me o_O <----- he kind of looked like that only bright red instead of yellow. :eek:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ischemic stroke : They want him to give up everything fun that he loves (except me, lol).

He's already regained use of his hand, can walk, no slurred speech but has lost vision in half of his left eye. We didn't have to med flight out, thank god. Getting his MRI tomorrow and scheduling an Carotid Duplex vascular ultrasound in Anchorage, hopefully Friday.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ischemic stroke : They want him to give up everything fun that he loves (except me, lol).

He's already regained use of his hand, can walk, no slurred speech but has lost vision in half of his left eye. We didn't have to med flight out, thank god. Getting his MRI tomorrow and scheduling an Carotid Duplex vascular ultrasound in Anchorage, hopefully Friday.

All the best to you and Mr Juicy. Hope he's ok and stays that way! :hug:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

So scary! Hope the ultrasound results are good. Hang in there Lucy. :hug:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thoughts are with you both.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried to work on The Room today... the operative word being "tried"... I had vacuumed one bookshelf and was starting on the next, when I suddenly realized I was having a very hard time breathing. So I hit my rescue inhaler, sat here at the desk for a while, it wasn't getting better, so I took my evening dose of Advair a bit early; it started getting a little better but slowly, that stuff takes a couple hrs to hit peak effect, so I hit the rescue inhaler again, and finally it got better... but I stayed the hell out of The Room after that.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I tried to work on The Room today... the operative word being "tried"... I had vacuumed one bookshelf and was starting on the next, when I suddenly realized I was having a very hard time breathing. So I hit my rescue inhaler, sat here at the desk for a while, it wasn't getting better, so I took my evening dose of Advair a bit early; it started getting a little better but slowly, that stuff takes a couple hrs to hit peak effect, so I hit the rescue inhaler again, and finally it got better... but I stayed the hell out of The Room after that.

Andria

Can you work with a dust mask on, or does that mess your breathing also?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can you work with a dust mask on, or does that mess your breathing also?

The only masks I have are the little cheap paper ones from the dollar store; the main problem with them is that they cause my glasses to fog up, because of the exhalations coming up over the top of the mask.

I was thinking I might tie a thin scarf around my nose and mouth; it should fit closely enough so it won't cause the fogging problem. My husband got the books off that shelf that I did get vacuumed, so maybe I'll just have to do a little at a time. The more dust we can get out of there, it should gradually improve.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Damn Lucy, hope Mr Juicy will be ok, Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way!

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
evening Fugees, First off my prayers and thoughts go to mr Lucy for a speedy recovery. Hope all goes well. i am just passing through again work has been hectic and i am run down, may even have the flu. Hope every one else is doing alright.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

DAAYM!
All the best to you and him Lucy.
Keep us posted.
WE CARE!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DAAYM!
Keep us posted.
WE CARE!

YOU care about minimum sentences for Lawn Walkers. WE however, care. :)

Now that I think about it, when I was a kid, the resident Get Off My Lawn fogey, their last name WAS walker.. hmmm... I am wondering if there isn't a correlation between GOML Fogeys, and kids who traipsed nilly willy across any old persons lawn.. The plot, does it thicken?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Now that I think about it, when I was a kid, the resident Get Off My Lawn fogey, their last name WAS walker.. hmmm... I am wondering if there isn't a correlation between GOML Fogeys, and kids who traipsed nilly willy across any old persons lawn.. The plot, does it thicken?
Nope don't care about lawn walkers much, they can get struck by lightning for all I care.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
DAAYM!
Keep us posted.
WE CARE!

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The only masks I have are the little cheap paper ones from the dollar store; the main problem with them is that they cause my glasses to fog up, because of the exhalations coming up over the top of the mask.

I was thinking I might tie a thin scarf around my nose and mouth; it should fit closely enough so it won't cause the fogging problem. My husband got the books off that shelf that I did get vacuumed, so maybe I'll just have to do a little at a time. The more dust we can get out of there, it should gradually improve.

Andria

Kind of late on this but I keep one of these handy for those kind of moments. Especially when using things that aggravate me, they fit well no leaking air and definitely filter anything that causes me issues.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Paint-Project-Respirator-Medium/dp/B00004Z4EB

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Kind of late on this but I keep one of these handy for those kind of moments. Especially when using things that aggravate me, they fit well no leaking air and definitely filter anything that causes me issues.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Paint-Project-Respirator-Medium/dp/B00004Z4EB

I've used something like that when I had to power wash some mold off the exterior paint and had to treat with industrial strength Clorox. No desire to breather chlorine in. If it's just particulates in the air, an N95 mask should work well, and is inexpensive. Also has an exhaust valve, so it shouldn't fog your glasses.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
$35???? You must be joking. I'd just get my husband to do whatever-it-is, than spend $35! And I'm sure he'd go along with that! :giggle:

Andria

Or a 10 pack of these for $15 amazon.com/3M-8511-Particulate-Respirator-10-Pack/dp/B0002YKBV2

For some reason I can't get the insert link thing to work right. Anyway, they're on Amazon

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or a 10 pack of these for $15 amazon.com/3M-8511-Particulate-Respirator-10-Pack/dp/B0002YKBV2

For some reason I can't get the insert link thing to work right. Anyway, they're on Amazon

Those have the same shape as the lil cheapies from the dollar store, so they'd probably cause the glasses-fogging too. I went rambling thru my misc. drawer last night, and found an old very thin scarf; I held it tightly to my face for a while, and it didn't impede my breathing, so I'll try that. I've also got some very old nylons that I might try, and that might actually work better, since they're stretchy, I wouldn't have to tie them.

Worse comes to worst, I could go in and vacuum one shelf at a time, come out and get some air for 5 mins and then go back and another shelf, etc... at least until the worst of the dust is out of there.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Argghhhh... I have done so little vape related lately. Nothing bought, nothing new tried. I just don't have a damn thing to add to the Vape Database at the moment. I need a boost. Talk to me Hank...

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Argghhhh... I have done so little vape related lately. Nothing bought, nothing new tried. I just don't have a damn thing to add to the Vape Database at the moment. I need a boost. Talk to me Hank...

In the same boat thinking about trying a regulated mod and tank setup just to switch things up from Reo's and Odin's.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Troll v2 (22mm), Shingen RDA, Goon 22mm... I'm sure there's more, but that'd require me to think lol

Before I forget to mention it, the Shingen has me dripping & driving again

Last edited:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Troll v2 (22mm), Shingen RDA, Goon 22mm... I'm sure there's more, but that'd require me to think lol

Before I forget to mention it, the Shingen has me dripping & driving again

You said that about Gonorrhea, and that didn't sound like something I'd shop for? What do you like about the Shingen? Hi group, my name is Mo, and I'm a dripper too...

VU Sponsors