ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Really? I would not have thought a black Methodist college would have cheerleaders?
eightballs were only a minor, I knew I wouldn't want to do it for a living.. I majored in bad decisions.

Eight balls were a terrible decision - but boy did I have a lot of fun :yes:

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always remember,

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

Loneliness can come out of fearing loss of loved ones, friends. You will always have your memories of them, your experiences with them. If you follow belief that an after life is there, you'll meet up with them on the other shore and celebrate. :)

Anger also comes from the same root, fear of loss in some form. We all have dominion over everything on Earth, dominion means full and total authority, mastery. We cannot lose what remains ours eternally and not ours eternally. We are passing through our world after all and the material cannot go with us.

Tiredness can come from fear too, you rebel against it and put up a strong front. Better to face up to the false evidence and accept it as that. Know that you're not able to lose what you hold and hold onto love above all else.

Hunger? Well, go eat something yummy. :)

I ate.

My beliefs are more about karma and reincarnation... in other words, that soul which in this life is wearing the body of my mother, may well one day come back into contact with the soul that I am, in fact, I'm damn certain that the karmic ties between us have NOT been resolved. But she will not be the she that I know, and I will not be the I that she knows -- so no, I don't believe that I'll ever see "her" again, once she's gone. We had this lifetime together with her as the parent, me as the child at her mercy, and frankly, she kinda fucked it up, but at least she served as a negative role model -- I did pretty well, trying to figure out what she would have done, and then doing the exact opposite, and at least her extended family is pretty much sane -- those were the folks at the hospital today, my cousins, and my aunt Betty of whom I've spoken many times, who is my mom's sister, and of course my stepfather, who is really not well himself, and his daughter and her husband.

But all that aside... she's the only mother I have, and as angry as she often makes me, and hell, as angry as I am that her own failure to do anything appropriate in response to her diabetes has brought her to this point, I'm not ready to lose her; I suppose no one really is ever ready to lose their mother, no matter how piss-poor a job that mother did. I no longer believe that any meeting of minds will ever occur between us, but at least she got to see me get my shit somewhat together and have a fairly decent life, with a family of my own, and given the way I was in my teens and early 20s, that was really somewhat miraculous.

No one has called us this evening, so she must still be hanging in there. I'm still praying for her survival and improvement.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's tough when we get to the age when our parents need parenting - you hang in there girl <3

My mom talking a friend on her cell phone, "Can I call you back later? I need to go find my phone, somebody else is supposed to call me here in a bit and I'll be lost without my phone. Need to go find it."

She was serious. No, she was not meaning any other phone, either. This is the same mother what has forgotten me at least a half a dozen times and told me I would have been better off in a job where I was considered dead. She is the mom I scare. Guess that balances out. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ate.

My beliefs are more about karma and reincarnation... in other words, that soul which in this life is wearing the body of my mother, may well one day come back into contact with the soul that I am, in fact, I'm damn certain that the karmic ties between us have NOT been resolved. But she will not be the she that I know, and I will not be the I that she knows -- so no, I don't believe that I'll ever see "her" again, once she's gone. We had this lifetime together with her as the parent, me as the child at her mercy, and frankly, she kinda fucked it up, but at least she served as a negative role model -- I did pretty well, trying to figure out what she would have done, and then doing the exact opposite, and at least her extended family is pretty much sane -- those were the folks at the hospital today, my cousins, and my aunt Betty of whom I've spoken many times, who is my mom's sister, and of course my stepfather, who is really not well himself, and his daughter and her husband.

Andria

:)

A bit of funny regarding reincarnation here. In some aspects of culture/s there is reverence for crickets. It is suggested we pass on to become crickets. I read somewhere though that crickets are cannibalistic.

So, I go outside one day and am paling around with my cat Bucky. Bucky snaps up a cricket and eats him. I tell him, "Buck, that could have been your uncle." To which I hear this mental Bucky voice responding back, "Well, it's okay he eated me yesterday."

:)

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More gropee's are coming outta the wood work. Trump is wrong. Being rich doesn't let you do anything. Being arrogant and bold in a world where a lot of people are meek and mild lets you do anything. Being rich just helps when you do what you want to somebody, who isn't going to take your shit. Lawyers aren't cheap.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Moo! :inlove:I'm so glad I got to reconnect with you! I've really, really missed you! :inlove:

I'm really glad you are here! Probably evident in my posts, that I am probably better off here anyways. No point in waiting on the bouncer, when the plan is to kiss all the cowgirls and shoot out the lights. I throw myself out when that is not accepted behaviour. ;)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still sending good thoughts and prayers Andria.
Good morning, hope you have a great day.
Good morning to you too, Fugees. You know what to do.
And a good morning to you as well, chilly day today, isn't it?
After my recent trip, I'm not sure I know what to do anymore, didn't have much need to GFM. ;) I'll give it a shot, but it doesn't seem like GFM will be as enjoyable as GFSE.

Good morning all the rest of you Fugee slackers who haven't yet woken up to GFY.:)

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
35de6d1411ba676d591c1a40bf91e4ac.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Going to be a long night, I hope you have a rest plan. Prayers still for you and your Mom and those who love her, Andria.

Rest plan? That's almost funny. I think I might have finally gotten to sleep around 5:30-ish...? Something like that. My cousin Lori lives in the same town as my parents, where the hospital is, and she and I are txting.... says they're waiting on the doctor -- wait, what? Waiting on a doctor? Surely not! :facepalm: She turned up more than 2 hrs after she was expected yesterday, which is why I JUST got up. Got the bacon cooking, my husband's taking a personal day, so after breakfast we'll go on up there to the hospital to camp out all day. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rest plan? That's almost funny. I think I might have finally gotten to sleep around 5:30-ish...? Something like that. My cousin Lori lives in the same town as my parents, where the hospital is, and she and I are txting.... says they're waiting on the doctor -- wait, what? Waiting on a doctor? Surely not! :facepalm: She turned up more than 2 hrs after she was expected yesterday, which is why I JUST got up. Got the bacon cooking, my husband's taking a personal day, so after breakfast we'll go on up there to the hospital to camp out all day. :facepalm:

Andria

<3

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
At around 22 months myself.

Been vaping since Feb. of 2013 but dual-used until Jan. 12 of this year

It's funny. I used to do the happy dance when I could go a whole hour between smokes :facepalm:

When I finally quit (numerous false starts, go a week or a few days then fail) I counted in hours, then days, then weeks. WTA is what was missing for me.

Now I tend to forget how long :yes:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been vaping since Feb. of 2013 but dual-used until Jan. 12 of this year

It's funny. I used to do the happy dance when I could go a whole hour between smokes :facepalm:

When I finally quit (numerous false starts, go a week or a few days then fail) I counted in hours, then days, then weeks. WTA is what was missing for me.

Now I tend to forget how long :yes:

No one size fits all slightly different brain chemistries I suppose. Reg nic worked well for me.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hank's a bit sad. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention. The enclosure I ordered to make a parallel squonk is milled for a DNA board. Add this to the fact that it's just a short & curly too tight for the batts & a bottle (it's damn close tho

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
`
Hank's a bit sad. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention. The enclosure I ordered to make a parallel squonk is milled for a DNA board. Add this to the fact that it's just a short & curly too tight for the batts & a bottle (it's damn close tho

A miss is as good as a mile

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

You put your pubes in it?

WTF were you planning on vaping?

VU Sponsors