Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hank's a bit sad. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention. The enclosure I ordered to make a parallel squonk is milled for a DNA board. Add this to the fact that it's just a short & curly too tight for the batts & a bottle (it's damn close tho

You might be able to find some 17650's on OddLots?

Oh, found some that can be used for vape! lol.. http://www.avidvaper.com/products/AV-IMR17650-3.7v-High-Drain-Li%2dMn-Battery.html

Shoot, I hope it isn't 18649's that you need. I can't find those..

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hope everything is alright @AndriaD .....:hug:

Nothing is alright. Nothing has changed since this morning: her kidneys have shutdown, and her liver nearly so. When I sat with her earlier, I don't think she knew I was there. :(

We left the hospital 6pm when their 6-8pm rounds started, and will return at 8; hopefully she'll be awake enough to know I'm there.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing is alright. Nothing has changed since this morning: her kidneys have shutdown, and her liver nearly so. When I sat with her earlier, I don't think she knew I was there. :(

We left the hospital 6pm when their 6-8pm rounds started, and will return at 8; hopefully she'll be awake enough to know I'm there.

Andria

Oh jeez Andria, it sounded like you were mad at someone. I am sorry to hear this. I hope things improve drastically and soon. More prayers!

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria

Andria I am so sorry to hear this and am praying for you.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
So sorry to hear this Andria.:hug::hug:
More prayers and positive thoughts incoming.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
I'm so sorry Andria. (((HUGS)))

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Warm :hug::hug::hug: s and :):):) s for one and all. Had a bit of a busy day today. Got the witch a new to us broom stick that is up and running well, inspected and passed. She used trade in from her old broomstick as down payment and got a reasonable monthly payment. Think I'm racking out, up and out too early today. Y'all run 'er slow.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We just got home, after about 10 hrs at the hospital. No change since the morning. Kidneys shutdown, liver nearly so; one thing I had not been aware of, with her systemic infection, when she first got really sick, apparently she aspirated some vomit, and now also has infection in her lungs. Total systemic infection, very low blood pressure, erratic heartbeat. Full life support. I did go in and sit with her for about a half hour after we got back from dinner, and I'm pretty certain she knew I was there, she opened her eyes a few times, and squeezed my hand pretty hard a few times; there's still some strength in those mitts, it's just her whole body that's in the process of shutting down. Barring an authentic miracle, I have tremendous doubt that I'll ever see her alive again. I went in just briefly before we left, but I don't think she knew I was there, that time.

I believe in miracles, but I also know that human bodies can only stand so much, before they've just had enough. Her wishes are not to be kept alive artificially past any point of true recovery, which is why I think I won't see her alive again. But at least I'm pretty sure she knew I was there, and heard me tell her that I loved her; that was when she squeezed my hand.

I need to go do the dishes; life does go on, even in the midst of catastrophe. Since I don't drink, I'm contemplating half a hydrocodone along with half a phenergan. But maybe I'll settle for my usual nightly 3 dramamine and some chocolate mint cookies, and warm-milk cocoa before bed.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We just got home, after about 10 hrs at the hospital. No change since the morning. Kidneys shutdown, liver nearly so; one thing I had not been aware of, with her systemic infection, when she first got really sick, apparently she aspirated some vomit, and now also has infection in her lungs. Total systemic infection, very low blood pressure, erratic heartbeat. Full life support. I did go in and sit with her for about a half hour after we got back from dinner, and I'm pretty certain she knew I was there, she opened her eyes a few times, and squeezed my hand pretty hard a few times; there's still some strength in those mitts, it's just her whole body that's in the process of shutting down. Barring an authentic miracle, I have tremendous doubt that I'll ever see her alive again. I went in just briefly before we left, but I don't think she knew I was there, that time.

I believe in miracles, but I also know that human bodies can only stand so much, before they've just had enough. Her wishes are not to be kept alive artificially past any point of true recovery, which is why I think I won't see her alive again. But at least I'm pretty sure she knew I was there, and heard me tell her that I loved her; that was when she squeezed my hand.

I need to go do the dishes; life does go on, even in the midst of catastrophe. Since I don't drink, I'm contemplating half a hydrocodone along with half a phenergan. But maybe I'll settle for my usual nightly 3 dramamine and some chocolate mint cookies, and warm-milk cocoa before bed.

Andria

That all doesn't sound so good, Andria. You seem to be preparing as well as could be for the possible loss of your Mom. Gah, tell her you love her as many times as she will listen. I wish I had told mine that, just ONCE more. It seems to still be stuck in my throat.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's some pics I wanted to share.

The whole famdamily, xmas 1988 -- our son's first xmas.
DuncansAndGrands.jpg

Mama and my son, 2006, just after he graduated from high school:
SpAndGrmmy2006.jpg

Xmas 2014:

Mama on the right, the oft-mentioned aunt Betty on the left:
xmas2014-001.jpg

Mama and that wild man I'm married to: (you can almost see my stepfather behind him!)
xmas2014-013.jpg

Mama with her xmas loot (she looks half in the bag, but was actually half asleep):
xmas2014-008.jpg

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
A very hard time Andria,
Be strong when needed, cry when needed.
But hang in there.
We are with you.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's some pics I wanted to share.

The whole famdamily, xmas 1988 -- our son's first xmas.
View attachment 63865

Mama and my son, 2006, just after he graduated from high school:
View attachment 63866

Xmas 2014:

Mama on the right, the oft-mentioned aunt Betty on the left:
View attachment 63867

Mama and that wild man I'm married to: (you can almost see my stepfather behind him!)
View attachment 63868

Mama with her xmas loot (she looks half in the bag, but was actually half asleep):
View attachment 63869

Andria
Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I'm so so sorry Andria. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. :hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, that was N.A.S.A. Nerds Against Showing Anything. It doesn't mean that Nibru DOESN'T exist, Bob.
Doesn't prove it does exist either.

My scans of this solar system show no unaccounted for planets orbiting the central star.

Of course it could be 2 dimensional and you cannot scan it if it is edgeways towards you....

But the odds of that are practically non existent.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
Awe sweetie. I'll be praying for you. Hang in there. Big hugs...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Hard to think of things to say at times like these, as Juicy said, we all will be facing the loss of our parents, some sooner than others and will feel the pain you are feeling, sending you a big :hug:<3

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
88356be96272c832f7e65cbc7d5b36d3.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hard to think of things to say at times like these, as Juicy said, we all will be facing the loss of our parents, some sooner than others and will feel the pain you are feeling, sending you a big :hug:<3

Yeah it's pretty rough. But thank god for the We Love Cats thread; it's helped lighten my heart 2 nights in a row. My cat always seems to know when I'm sad, and seems like she's trying to cheer me up, or at least comfort me.

No word yet this morning. I'll call whoever's at the hospital about 10:30 and see what's the news, but I don't anticipate anything good. C'mon universe; surprise me.

:tigercat:
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'know, cigarettes were the hardest addiction I've ever had to break, and I've battled a few. Yet in the midst of all this crap I'm living right now, I don't even think of a cigarette, which I haven't had in over 2 yrs. I think of wanting the comfort of alcohol, which I haven't touched in over 24 yrs. Maybe because I have a good substitute for the cigarettes, but there's really no substitute for brain anesthesia... at least none that I want, anyway. I do have those hydrocodones stashed in the fridge, left over from the appendectomy, but I try to save them for pain they can actually help; they don't do shit for grief. At least I slept very deeply last night, after only 4 hrs the night before. I was worried that the constant leakage of fluids from my eyes would cause leg-cramp problems, as I had the night before (part of the reason for only getting 4 hrs sleep), but I forced myself to drink as much water as I could last evening, and that apparently helped a lot; I just fell in a deep dark hole when I lay down, and didn't open my eyes till sometime after 8am.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'know, cigarettes were the hardest addiction I've ever had to break, and I've battled a few. Yet in the midst of all this crap I'm living right now, I don't even think of a cigarette, which I haven't had in over 2 yrs. I think of wanting the comfort of alcohol, which I haven't touched in over 24 yrs. Maybe because I have a good substitute for the cigarettes, but there's really no substitute for brain anesthesia... at least none that I want, anyway. I do have those hydrocodones stashed in the fridge, left over from the appendectomy, but I try to save them for pain they can actually help; they don't do shit for grief. At least I slept very deeply last night, after only 4 hrs the night before. I was worried that the constant leakage of fluids from my eyes would cause leg-cramp problems, as I had the night before (part of the reason for only getting 4 hrs sleep), but I forced myself to drink as much water as I could last evening, and that apparently helped a lot; I just fell in a deep dark hole when I lay down, and didn't open my eyes till sometime after 8am.

Andria
Perhaps an AA meeting? I am sure that others there have been thru losing a loved one and not dealing with it by using alcohol?

Hang in there girl.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
I'm so sorry Andria. I lost my mom over 4 years ago, and my dad when I was 12. It IS very difficult. Crying helped a lot. Keep drinking water, and let yourself splurge on something, like your cocoa, or whatever you enjoy that does NOT contain alcohol. Hugs and more hugs.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm so sorry Andria. I lost my mom over 4 years ago, and my dad when I was 12. It IS very difficult. Crying helped a lot. Keep drinking water, and let yourself splurge on something, like your cocoa, or whatever you enjoy that does NOT contain alcohol. Hugs and more hugs.

Yeah, I really don't think I'm in any danger of drinking; I'm really not that person anymore. And I accepted a long time ago that life is filled with both joy and sorrow; you cannot have one without the other. But knowing that is easy; enduring the sorrow is not. Mainly I'm just so angry that she refused to modify anything about her life, totally ignoring the diabetes as hard as she could; she didn't have to die this young, if she'd only taken responsibilty for her health like an adult -- these days, 75 is really not that old -- my aunt Betty is going to be 84 in a couple weeks, and though she has some health problems, she deals with them as an adult, taking responsibility.

But if nothing else, this only strengthens my own resolve to be proactive about my weight and my diet and my health. And triples my determination to go out with a massive heart attack that just fells me in my tracks, so I never have to endure the hell that my mom has been going thru all week, hooked up to every form of medical technology that exists, pretty much.

I talked to my stepfather a few minutes ago, and it looks like they might try last-ditch dialysis; it won't save her, but might give her a few more hours, so that perhaps I can be there with her this evening, before she passes.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I really don't think I'm in any danger of drinking; I'm really not that person anymore. And I accepted a long time ago that life is filled with both joy and sorrow; you cannot have one without the other. But knowing that is easy; enduring the sorrow is not. Mainly I'm just so angry that she refused to modify anything about her life, totally ignoring the diabetes as hard as she could; she didn't have to die this young, if she'd only taken responsibilty for her health like an adult -- these days, 75 is really not that old -- my aunt Betty is going to be 84 in a couple weeks, and though she has some health problems, she deals with them as an adult, taking responsibility.

But if nothing else, this only strengthens my own resolve to be proactive about my weight and my diet and my health. And triples my determination to go out with a massive heart attack that just fells me in my tracks, so I never have to endure the hell that my mom has been going thru all week, hooked up to every form of medical technology that exists, pretty much.

I talked to my stepfather a few minutes ago, and it looks like they might try last-ditch dialysis; it won't save her, but might give her a few more hours, so that perhaps I can be there with her this evening, before she passes.

Andria

Do what you must - your feelings about this are completely normal and to be expected.

You have my best thoughts Andria

VU Sponsors