Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate to admit, The Mrs. and I had a lovely anniversary yesterday. We watched the game until halftime when the roads were mostly dried. Went to our local house of semirepute for wings and beer and to watch the rest of the game, ON Bender, which is unusual for the Mrs.

Went to the funeral via a lovely fall color route, saw a LOT of old friends. The Unfortunate was one of 8 siblings, and theirs was the house with the finished basement that the mom or dad never came down in. So, yes. POPULAR family. This is how family and all the old friends get together now. The cost is terrible, of course. We made it up to a REALLY popular sports bar that also happens to have amazing food, not bar type. I encouraged the heavy drinking by the Mrs. That is the allure of the back seat of a Harley, love! The front seat gets NONE.

Made it home from there to watch some Game of Thrones, crack a 1988 Salon, which by definition is just Le Mesnil grapes. It was a bottle of biscuits, a little oxidized but off the hook on complexities. At this point, I am invoking my right to the 5th. The amendment or the bottle, I will leave to your imaginations.

GM and G F Y.
Happy Anniversary! Woot!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What side of her pants were the under-britches.......:giggle:
LOL she has not done that again that I am aware of. She does have about a 1 inch long goatee though.
She just gets very verbally abusive, esp to the wife.
Wife has her own share of the genetic curse which she works to control. And does not need any crap like that.
Must protect the wife unit first.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL she has not done that again that I am aware of. She does have about a 1 inch long goatee though.
Wife has her own share of the genetic curse which she works to control. And does not need any crap like that.

Good for you. :hug:

I experienced a real first on Saturday. The mate was bitching at me about my "tone of voice," so I just went ahead and threw a screaming fit, and informed him I was RIGHT ON THE FUCKING RAZOR'S EDGE, then ran off into my room to cry. He actually came after me, apologized for acting that way, and held me while I blubbered about all my regrets about my mother. That has literally never happened before. Maybe there's hope for him yet.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: s for everyone with a warm :) & :wave:.

Good news in a way for me today. All my pisser bits are generally okay and there's no stones. I was apparently kicking off extra calcium which turns out was not extra. On a vitamin D supplement.

The what is/was wrong is sciatica, possible mild spinal disease. I figure it's the lovely arthritis causing pinching and such which then fouls the spark plugs. In short it's like my GP nurse practitioner told me "honey, you're like the rest of us, getting old and wearing down."

Nobody will send me to risk any kind of surgery on my back, and with good reason. I'm still able to at least move a bit and only down at times. So, keep on keeping on until I don't keep on. I dislike this getting old shit. Can I still get to Neverland and join up with the Rooster, Peter Pan? Too many go away and you fall apart when you get old.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Plaster some Duct-Tape on the Goatee....Bob.......:devil:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: s for everyone with a warm :) & :wave:.

Good news in a way for me today. All my pisser bits are generally okay and there's no stones. I was apparently kicking off extra calcium which turns out was not extra. On a vitamin D supplement.

The what is/was wrong is sciatica, possible mild spinal disease. I figure it's the lovely arthritis causing pinching and such which then fouls the spark plugs. In short it's like my GP nurse practitioner told me "honey, you're like the rest of us, getting old and wearing down."

Nobody will send me to risk any kind of surgery on my back, and with good reason. I'm still able to at least move a bit and only down at times. So, keep on keeping on until I don't keep on. I dislike this getting old shit. Can I still get to Neverland and join up with the Rooster, Peter Pan? Too many go away and you fall apart when you get old.
It's a bitch getting old Morely....hope you feel better soon my friend.......:)

Try to stay on this side of the fence, in regard to Peter Pan.....:rolleyes:

Rumor has it.....Peter could be a meat whistler....:bomb:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good for you. :hug:

I experienced a real first on Saturday. The mate was bitching at me about my "tone of voice," so I just went ahead and threw a screaming fit, and informed him I was RIGHT ON THE FUCKING RAZOR'S EDGE, then ran off into my room to cry. He actually came after me, apologized for acting that way, and held me while I blubbered about all my regrets about my mother. That has literally never happened before. Maybe there's hope for him yet.

Andria
Andria, hope your're feeling better. It's hard, really hard.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow....doesn't look to little in the picture......:eek:

Juvenile for sure - not more than three-year old. Looked like it still needs some fattening up for hibernation

Was about 95 here today. I'd welcome 35 degrees....!

I'll take 35 over 95 any day of the year :cool:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a bitch getting old Morely....hope you feel better soon my friend.......:)

Try to stay on this side of the fence, in regard to Peter Pan.....:rolleyes:

Rumor has it.....Peter could be a meat whistler....:bomb:

Awe well if he is, no matter to me. I like that kind of spice in life once in a while. ;) I play for both teams, always have, always will. Gives a person more fun in living, loving, learning and being a good kind of asshole for the light. :) As Brad Pitt said in the movie Twelve Monkeys --- "Fuck the Bozos!" & "What do I care what psychologists write on walls?" :giggle::bliss:Tra la la fucking la. It's all good. :) I'm not over sparky but do think the world needs to be more luminous.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, hope your're feeling better. It's hard, really hard.

I don't really expect to feel much better for a while. Actually one of the hardest things is that I need to cry, yet I need to not cry, because of the goddamned leg cramps. Struggled with those bastards all weekend, actually since Wednesday night. I've been pretty successful at not-crying for the past couple days, but that means I go around feeling like I'm filled with battery acid that really needs to get out. I swear I don't know how men do this not-crying thing so well.

As I said... it'll be a while. Funeral's at noon today, with an hour of visitation beforehand. But, happily, I found the clips for my hot rollers, so I don't have to do 10 different strands individually with the curling iron. So I'm well ahead of schedule for this morning, which is why I'm sitting here blabbertyping.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy belated Anniversary to you and your Lady Wife Moo!

Thanks Lynn! She is still celebrating it, ordering me about. Yesterday morning, I had to play Ruprecht, the Masseur Monkey Boy. Did you know that corn starch makes Lederhosen slide right off? Sorry, Mom.

What IS it about you women, and Anniversaries?!? It's like an aphrodisiac. Apply ring, wait one year.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to be mid 70's again today, last day for the forseeable future, maybe even spring. Dives into the 50's tomorrow, and stays there. 3 guesses how I plan to spend it. The first 2 cannot involve motorcycles. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Going to be mid 70's again today, last day for the forseeable future, maybe even spring. Dives into the 50's tomorrow, and stays there. 3 guesses how I plan to spend it. The first 2 cannot involve motorcycles. :)

Foretasted to hit 91 today but a cold front is coming this weekend and its going to get to a cool 75 they say.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, first I got corralled into some Honey-Do. Put copper gutters and trim on the house 10 years ago. Bought 2 gallons of reactive copper paint (it patinas in time) at that time for the Mrs. (designer!) to paint the doors and shutters with. TODAY she decides she is going to do the doors. Had to take the stuff up to Home Depot and have them shake it up, it looks like it is still fine!

While there, grabbed a couple of new seals for the toilet floats. They all seem to warp after awhile and let the water run. Drives me nuts, I can hear it when I am trying to fall asleep. Since I did THAT, I decided that 3 months was long enough to be crawling up the secret stairway to the MB. Damn light is WAY too high up to change the bulb, and I'm not DOING ladders anymore if I can help it. I've changed it before by going on the roof and opening the window near it. Hell with that too. Extension pole with light grabber! WOOT!

I DID get to go to the hardware store on my bike though, and now that the light is changed, I am going RIDING. Now I just gotta figure out how to get the remote controlled blinds back up..
stairs.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, first I got corralled into some Honey-Do. Put copper gutters and trim on the house 10 years ago. Bought 2 gallons of reactive copper paint (it patinas in time) at that time for the Mrs. (designer!) to paint the doors and shutters with. TODAY she decides she is going to do the doors. Had to take the stuff up to Home Depot and have them shake it up, it looks like it is still fine!

While there, grabbed a couple of new seals for the toilet floats. They all seem to warp after awhile and let the water run. Drives me nuts, I can hear it when I am trying to fall asleep. Since I did THAT, I decided that 3 months was long enough to be crawling up the secret stairway to the MB. Damn light is WAY too high up to change the bulb, and I'm not DOING ladders anymore if I can help it. I've changed it before by going on the roof and opening the window near it. Hell with that too. Extension pole with light grabber! WOOT!

I DID get to go to the hardware store on my bike though, and now that the light is changed, I am going RIDING. Now I just gotta figure out how to get the remote controlled blinds back up..
View attachment 64252
I don't think I've ever heard of remote control blinds. Have fun on your ride!!

VU Sponsors