Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not to sound as a know all, yet do know from experience/s and having to be knowledgeable regarding basic life support/service there is technically a seven minute window after breathing stops. Also know this from pneumonia killing me as an infant, I was pronounced legally dead my mom said. I did the reverse, quit breathing and died, returned and then went into convulsions from the 106 F fever.

That seven minutes or so roughly, and yes it's one of those oddball subjective things, is how long it takes for brain death to set in. So technically the hospital and its staff did indeed have legal obligation to do everything they could to save the patient. Yes, I understand the DNR and Living Wills. Hospitals do also, they also understand lawyers chasing them over technicalities and causing them liability costs.

I do not think they intended upon leaving her machined up had she continued living, legally due to the DNR they could not. Still they had to do everything they reasonably and legally could to get her living in stable condition. This is one of those very gray areas where man's law and God/Nature/Cosmic Law often collide and leave a lot of mangled emotions. What they seemed to have done is err upon abiding man's law the best they could. I'm not defending them nor representing them, only attempting to help make sense.

I am sorry. *hug*

That's kinda what I thought. It was only when I got curious and looked up this "propofol" that the nurse mentioned was probably the reason why she didn't respond to anyone, and found that it depresses blood pressure AND causes kidney failure, that I started wondering if the care she received was really appropriate for her general health, or was just designed to rid the hospital of a "problem patient" (the kind who won't take their meds properly; she was definitely one of those).

As you say, I suppose they really had no choice; this wasn't the first time she had ever crashed and been resuscitated, but the last time before this was 3 yrs ago, and I suppose her diabetes had drastically compromised her general health in those 3 yrs, so that this time, she really wasn't able to return to any kind of stability.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
... It was only when I got curious and looked up this "propofol" that the nurse mentioned was probably the reason why she didn't respond to anyone, and found that it depresses blood pressure AND causes kidney failure, that I started wondering if the care she received was really appropriate for her general health, or was just designed to rid the hospital of a "problem patient" (the kind who won't take their meds properly; she was definitely one of those).

Andria

Propofol according to the two online references I'd trust seems to read as being a general anesthetic, especially useful prior to intubating a patient. Yes, there is note to be cautious with it for debilitated and critically ill, injured patients.

To me it seems unlikely skilled and allegedly trustworthy doctors, medical staff would foist euthanasia upon patients via sedation, not at least without affording the patient "trouble" or not or their family a heads up. That would register as being unethical, immoral & against the Hippocratic oath.

Yes, I know euthanasia via morphine is practiced in extreme cases, even then there is usually some consideration of the patient given. It is not a gesture enacted as lightly as to be dismissive of a living human being. Observing I can only speculate as you do so, the staff were trying to help her relax for intubation yet her condition may have been worse than they were privy to know.

Again not defending or representing anyone save personal opinion, observation in trying to grant anyone understanding. Ultimately though I tend to think we know when our physical time is due, and so does the cosmos. Yes, to me death is normally the end and that's it. Well, funny that, I come back from it. Often wonder if as the expression goes I live on borrowed time, who's time I'm borrowing. Not often enough though to keep me from enjoying the life the time allows. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
By the by, ....

Code:
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry lee Lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

So all you Khazarian Mafia, yeah you, the fraggin' evil banker types what charge usury for magic Baby loan money pulled out of thin air ........ Go Unfuck yourselves! Y'all ain't even worth the love wasted in the self loving act of a go fuck yourself, and I wouldn't waste a fuck on any of ya. The lot of ye be Turks from what I gather and Turk anciently translated out to mean those who roam, ya see me? Keep roaming on afore it's .... too late!

Ya fugees, ya'll go fuck yourselves merrily and enjoy the luscious pleasures of a global orgy reaching orgasmic levels beyond any you've imagined. Be excellent to everyone, yourself included. We all run hard rows in the living, hold your fire to them what serve evil. Hugs and warm smiles to all y'all. Love y'all.

"ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I know euthanasia via morphine is practiced in extreme cases, even then there is usually some consideration of the patient given. It is not a gesture enacted as lightly as to be dismissive of a living human being. Observing I can only speculate as you do so, the staff were trying to help her relax for intubation yet her condition may have been worse than they were privy to know.

That was how my dad went, considering that he was in the ICU for terminal, inoperable lung cancer; I often wonder why he was on the respirator at all, but I suspect that he wanted to wait to learn that our son had successfully graduated from Naval basic training -- quite a feat considering that until this, our son couldn't swim, was so phobic of the water that just trying to make him put his feet in, as a child, led to screaming and tantrums that made other people think we were torturing the boy. :facepalm: It was only a couple days after that notification of his graduation that my father went.

I suppose in my mother's case, they were trying to see if her natural response to being resuscitated would be to rally and return, as she did before, and they tried to give her every opportunity to do so, but she was simply too sick and too weak from so many different problems all at the same time, probably not least of which was the fact that she was 75 years old, and had NEVER even attempted to manage her diabetes properly. That systemic infection on top of so many organ problems was really the last straw; the propofol certainly didn't help her any, but at least it made her last few days, as they tried to see if she could come back at all, not such a hell as it otherwise would have been.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I suspect that he wanted to wait to learn that our son had successfully graduated from Naval basic training -- quite a feat considering that until this, our son couldn't swim, was so phobic of the water that just trying to make him put his feet in, as a child, led to screaming and tantrums that made other people think we were torturing the boy. :facepalm: It was only a couple days after that notification of his graduation that my father went.

Andria

Had a mate who had never swam in his life. He was slated up as a seaman, going into the fleet as a topside deckhand. The old salt acting as the 'shark' teaching him realized the guy was terrified and his teaching was too gruff. I got volunteered. "Teach this 'bricker to drop like a rock. He'll drop before you go back to your company."

The running joke was that Navy rocks don't sink, they swim unless they were diver rocks and then they had bubble heads. Me and seaman K______ took four hours until we were competent he could pass the basic swim test. A couple years ago I got word he had survived going overboard due to some chop. Those passing word said he said ask me "what's some poor cracker doing saving some poor n---r's life?" I chuckled and grinned when I read he had asked, replied "Navy said we're all rocks, got to help a mate drop."

He knew I had no prejudice at all and a few other mates did as well. They made it a joke though. "Watch badge, he's worse than ol' Archie Bunker." My grandfather literally learned to swim by slipping off a log. He had watched the older boys log rolling and tried it himself, alone. Easy enough to see what happened. Me and him used to pick fun at my uncle, who could not swim but always went in the john boat with us to fish. Of course, my uncle had nearly drowned from being climbed up by someone else drowning, set the fear into him but good.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees....hope everyone had a fantastic post Wednesday, aka - Thursday.....:vino:

Just re/|-laxing while suckin on a Catfish squonker with a NoName no-pity atty.....:cloud::cloud:

Kind of a "strange" day here in death valley, it's raining..:bliss:..which is Really Bizarre.....:wave:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees....hope everyone had a fantastic post Wednesday, aka - Thursday.....:vino:

Just re/|-laxing while suckin on a Catfish squonker with a NoName no-pity atty.....:cloud::cloud:

Kind of a "strange" day here in death valley, it's raining..:bliss:..which is Really Bizarre.....:wave:

Sounds like a good excuse to --- GFY!

And the rest of you Fugees do the same :wave:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had a mate who had never swam in his life. He was slated up as a seaman, going into the fleet as a topside deckhand. The old salt acting as the 'shark' teaching him realized the guy was terrified and his teaching was too gruff. I got volunteered. "Teach this 'bricker to drop like a rock. He'll drop before you go back to your company."

The running joke was that Navy rocks don't sink, they swim unless they were diver rocks and then they had bubble heads. Me and seaman K______ took four hours until we were competent he could pass the basic swim test. A couple years ago I got word he had survived going overboard due to some chop. Those passing word said he said ask me "what's some poor cracker doing saving some poor n---r's life?" I chuckled and grinned when I read he had asked, replied "Navy said we're all rocks, got to help a mate drop."

He knew I had no prejudice at all and a few other mates did as well. They made it a joke though. "Watch badge, he's worse than ol' Archie Bunker." My grandfather literally learned to swim by slipping off a log. He had watched the older boys log rolling and tried it himself, alone. Easy enough to see what happened. Me and him used to pick fun at my uncle, who could not swim but always went in the john boat with us to fish. Of course, my uncle had nearly drowned from being climbed up by someone else drowning, set the fear into him but good.

We always tried as gently but firmly as we could to get our boy just to sit at the edge of the pool with his feet in, so he might get used to the water, but he just waddn having any; he really did throw such screaming hairy shitfits, everyone would look at us to see what awful thing we'd done to our child. :facepalm: We had no choice but to leave him in the kiddie pool, or not even go to the pool where we lived when we first moved back to Ga, unless he was with my parents; he took all the fun out of it for us! :giggle: When he said he wanted to join the Navy, I said ok, but you can't swim, you moron. He said "don't you think it's about time I learned?" :D I told him I thought that time was about 10 yrs in the past, but hey, go for it. :giggle:

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did you ever find a link for that MtL RDA you mentioned? The "cthulu" or whatever odd combo of letters they chose to call it? I'd love to have a look. :)

Andria
I cant find a link for it, it was sent to us as a promo email, but from what I can tell it's called the MTL rda by cthulhu mods..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I cant find a link for it, it was sent to us as a promo email, but from what I can tell it's called the MTL rda by cthulhu mods..

Hmm... I googled it, but nothing is coming up; I'm finding a few references to a MtL RTA, but no RDA. I'm really not interested in an RTA; because of the gunking problem, with any capacity greater than about 2-2.5ml, I'd waste too much juice, and also, RTAs are too complicated with juice control, air control, etc etc... I like RDAs because they're easy and straightforward, no "vacuum" issues to worry about, hence, if they're made right, no leaking problems.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmm... I googled it, but nothing is coming up; I'm finding a few references to a MtL RTA, but no RDA. I'm really not interested in an RTA; because of the gunking problem, with any capacity greater than about 2-2.5ml, I'd waste too much juice, and also, RTAs are too complicated with juice control, air control, etc etc... I like RDAs because they're easy and straightforward, no "vacuum" issues to worry about, hence, if they're made right, no leaking problems.

Andria
I just read the email again and noticed they freely switch between rta and rda when talking about it, so who knows what the hell it is lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just read the email again and noticed they freely switch between rta and rda when talking about it, so who knows what the hell it is lol

Sounds like maybe they don't know the diff? In which case, I'd have to look very carefully at whatever they offered! :D

Seriously, when I switched over to Achilles, I suddenly found vaping very easy, 99.99% leak-proof, and a lot more flavorful, even at low power. No vacuum issues, no "settings" to worry about, just take the top off, fill, and go, and the coil mounting is nearly identical to Kayfuns', which I had already learned, so that was a piece of cake too. Also the airflow adjustment on the original Achilles is just like Kayfuns', with the bottom hex-key, adjust once and you're set, no need to keep fiddling. All that ease of use is why I really can't go back to tanks or anything else with a gob of things to adjust; it doesn't have to be nearly that difficult. Achilles makes it nearly as easy as lighting up a smoke. :D

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds like maybe they don't know the diff? In which case, I'd have to look very carefully at whatever they offered! :D

Seriously, when I switched over to Achilles, I suddenly found vaping very easy, 99.99% leak-proof, and a lot more flavorful, even at low power. No vacuum issues, no "settings" to worry about, just take the top off, fill, and go, and the coil mounting is nearly identical to Kayfuns', which I had already learned, so that was a piece of cake too. Also the airflow adjustment on the original Achilles is just like Kayfuns', with the bottom hex-key, adjust once and you're set, no need to keep fiddling. All that ease of use is why I really can't go back to tanks or anything else with a gob of things to adjust; it doesn't have to be nearly that difficult. Achilles makes it nearly as easy as lighting up a smoke. :D

Andria
I think it's just that they're badly translated from chinese, or written in broken English. I personally vastly prefer the flavor and performance of rtas (well, some rtas) to rdas. I have yet to try any rda that clearly beats my best rtas in flavor and performance. And several of the most recent rtas are easier to wick etc than some rdas

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it's just that they're badly translated from chinese, or written in broken English. I personally vastly prefer the flavor and performance of rtas (well, some rtas) to rdas. I have yet to try any rda that clearly beats my best rtas in flavor and performance. And several of the most recent rtas are easier to wick etc than some rdas

I've never used any tank or anything else that beats the Achilles for flavor and TH. From tanks, all I can taste is cotton, and the modern ones have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much airflow to really taste anything.

Andria

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I've about given up on tanks. My sweet spot now is regulated squonkers, topped with either a Goon or Stumpy, occasionally the M Atty or Narda. Both the Goon and Stumpy run dual 2*28/40 fused Clapton at about 80W and it beats any tank I've got. I don't know what happened, but the flavor I used to get out of these great tanks just flattened out. Seems like the flavor just died.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've about given up on tanks. My sweet spot now is regulated squonkers, topped with either a Goon or Stumpy, occasionally the M Atty or Narda. Both the Goon and Stumpy run dual 2*28/40 fused Clapton at about 80W and it beats any tank I've got. I don't know what happened, but the flavor I used to get out of these great tanks just flattened out. Seems like the flavor just died.

That's exactly what I've experienced with the Kayfuns I used to LOVE, once I got used to my Achilles -- just no flavor at all, or just the taste of the cotton. Supposedly the Alleria provides great flavor, but I can't taste anything but cotton from it, and I can't get the draw tight enough without burning the wick.

if I could ever have found a bottom-feed atty with a tight enough draw, and a squonk mod that was regulated and didn't cost a fortune, I'd probably have gone in that direction, but the Achilles is the only thing I find enjoyable at all anymore. I *can* vape from my magmas, since I modified them with 13ga needles to make the draw tighter, but with their small well and constant leaking, they're just large pains in the ass. Good for tasting and not much else.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Theres definitely some tanks that require a ton of work to get working right, but there's some that are just flavor bombs from start to finish. There's just more variables with rtas to contend with, and theres a lot of just standard run of the mill rtas out there that perform well but not special

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're right, Stuart. But the tanks I used to absolutely love have let me down now. Like the Boreas. I loved them so much I have 4 of them. Same with the TFV4, 4 of those, too. I can't get what I want out of them anymore. I nearly quit rdas when I got into the good tanks as the flavor was off the charts, but now I can't seem to make them work for me.
Andria, if it works great for you, just be happy with it. There are rbas that are MTL, and bottom fed. Some are built so well that the arc will shut the air down so tight it'd be like sucking a golf ball through a straw. And for cheap regulated squonkers, I've found that the Kanger Dripbox 160 fits the bill perfectly. I have my third one on the way.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did I actually kill this thread or something? I haven't said a single thing here all day about death or mothers or hospitals or doctors. Where the hell is everybody?

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did I actually kill this thread or something? I haven't said a single thing here all day about death or mothers or hospitals or doctors. Where the hell is everybody?

Andria

I haven't been in many threads at all lately, chem plants are in shutdown mode so we've been swamped. But now that all the OT is done and I have the weekend off it's time to rattle on in every thread I can all weekend. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stepped away a little here. Had a few things going on keeping me busy. I agree use what works well for you. I'm enjoying a CuVape and Velocity V2 clone rdas. Have a Clapton in one of the Velocities. :) Clapton is alright once you get it a bit figured out. Got a Hasthur (sic?) coming, hopefully tomorrow. Found some info on a few different rda that are easily converted with FDV pins for bottom feeding, squonking. Go into town tomorrow eve for dog feed.

Hugs and warm smiles all around. :) Y'all run 'er slow.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She got hauled off to the mental hospital yesterday evening. For 60 days is what the order said that I got the judge to sign.
They will force her to take medication in there. And confer with shrinks.

Last night was the best nights sleep the wife and I have had for a while.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finally sent Frog in Fog another msg asking if they were EVER going to get more Achilles RDAs, because I'd be interested in another half dozen or so. Is it any damn weird holiday over there right now?

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crossed some OLD stuff off the honey-do list today. Evil neighbor doesn't care for his trees, and it IS a forest, so I am hard pressed to do anything about it. One of his dead, neglected Ash trees dropped in my yard 8 or so years back. Crushed the wire fence. My crew cut it up for me, but the fence got trampled, and has since become overgrown with ground cover and other plants. Had to chop it out of that mess, and raise it to stop his viscious snarling always barking obnoxious dog from using the well worn path into my yard he made. Backbreaking work.

Damned if 2 hour laters, I don't look out my office window, and see that mutt traipsing across my yard. It's a 1500' fence. HIS turn to figure out how to make sure Bitchy doesn't stray into my target practice area. I'm done.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Crossed some OLD stuff off the honey-do list today. Evil neighbor doesn't care for his trees, and it IS a forest, so I am hard pressed to do anything about it. One of his dead, neglected Ash trees dropped in my yard 8 or so years back. Crushed the wire fence. My crew cut it up for me, but the fence got trampled, and has since become overgrown with ground cover and other plants. Had to chop it out of that mess, and raise it to stop his viscious snarling always barking obnoxious dog from using the well worn path into my yard he made. Backbreaking work.

Damned if 2 hour laters, I don't look out my office window, and see that mutt traipsing across my yard. It's a 1500' fence. HIS turn to figure out how to make sure Bitchy doesn't stray into my target practice area. I'm done.

Maybe making it clear to him that it IS a target practice area would do the trick. Making it clear with some gunshots when the mutt is out wandering. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know, I've always heard of this injury called a "groin pull" that athletes get, and wondered how the hell you pull your groin, but tonight I think I learned, the hard way: I was sitting on the rolling library-type stool that I've been using in the painting job; had nothing to grab onto to help me stand, so I had to do it with legs only, and felt this godawful pinching kind of pain right in my groin as I rose. Is that what a groin pull feels like, like someone just took a pair of pliers to the stretchy stuff in your groin and gave it a hard pinch?

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Think i'd be beside myself, with k-9 guts in the yard......:cuss2:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
evening fugee's and GFY

Last couple days been busy fo me so havent been on the forum :(

Not all bad tho, lil girl I know came by and visited yesterday. She wore my ass out. Damn is all I can say. Then FedEx delivered a pantry unit I ordered and it took most of the afternoon and night to put together. Finished it up this morning. Today I went to burn the trash and some wood scraps and caught the yard on fire. It hasnt rained in over a month so having a huge fire wasnt a bright idea but it also wasnt a big deal. Used the riding lawn mower and it was easy to contain the fire that way,
Then FedEx delivered a hutch I ordered which, you guessed it, I had to put together. And I decided I was tired of looking at that turkey so threw it in the oven tonight. Injected it with some garlic and herbs and it came out damn good!

So thats what I been up to, how yall been doing?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
evening fugee's and GFY

Last couple days been busy fo me so havent been on the forum :(

Not all bad tho, lil girl I know came by and visited yesterday. She wore my ass out. Damn is all I can say. Then FedEx delivered a pantry unit I ordered and it took most of the afternoon and night to put together. Finished it up this morning. Today I went to burn the trash and some wood scraps and caught the yard on fire. It hasnt rained in over a month so having a huge fire wasnt a bright idea but it also wasnt a big deal. Used the riding lawn mower and it was easy to contain the fire that way,
Then FedEx delivered a hutch I ordered which, you guessed it, I had to put together. And I decided I was tired of looking at that turkey so threw it in the oven tonight. Injected it with some garlic and herbs and it came out damn good!

So thats what I been up to, how yall been doing?

We're in "red flag" conditions here; no burning outdoors whatsoever. Not sure how long it's been since we had rain, but it's well over a month.

Still dealing with sporadic sadness. Finished up all the roller painting tonight; some that I did early on, I decided could use another coat, and since I had another gallon I hadn't even touched, I got that done. Tomorrow the mate will do the sanding on some spots on the woodwork, and a couple of spots on the bookshelf that needs painting to match the other bookshelves, and hopefully I can get all done with painting, at least in that room, this weekend, and we can start putting that room back together, and clear out the living room! :D

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think i'd be beside myself, with k-9 guts in the yard......:cuss2:

Oh, I could rant on this subject. In fact, I think I will.

I had a dog when I was a kid. 4 kids, 2 adults, but he was MY dog. I walked him, I picked up after him, I fed him, and I played with him for eternities. We would walk from the Ambassador bridge to downtown Windsor. Great riverside park the whole way. For every foot I walked, that dog ran a mile. Back and forth, just smiling, tongue hanging out, chasing ghost rabbits. Loved him dearly. One day, I was feeding him. I filled his bowl, and when I put it on the floor for him, I decided to pretend to join him. He bit me hard on the face. I never confused my animal with my friend or family again. Still loved him.

Given the choice of my child losing a toe, or my animal dying, I would be in a hurry to put the bullet between its eyes. If I had a dog with a marginal organ that needed weekly dialysis for 6 months in hopes it makes it, at a cost of $1000/week, and there was a single starving child in the world, doggie is a goner. It is not my child. It is not my family. It is certainly not human.

Nor does the fact that you are my friend mean that because YOURS is "your child", it has rights here. It does not. Went to a lakeside party of my wifes friend once.. The hill in their yard was mined with their dogs shit. I found out when my daughter slipped in some on the hill, getting it all up her side. Of course, all the other kids thought it hilarioius. She was.. humiliated. No apology. No rush to get her cleaned up until she came to us.

I rescue a LOT of cats. Dozens over the years. They get their shots and checkups if something is wrong. I would NEVER harm an animal out of cruelty, and especially not for the sins of its owners. The guy next door is actually decent, if PW'd. His wife and mine got into it over vines and trees. We try to stay out of it, but of course its hard when the Mrs. lets the dog roam free when the Mr. is not around, but not when he is. See what I mean? Anyway, I'd never harm the dog. It IS a mean little, well, 80lbs or so, so not little, bitch. NASTY. Snuck up on me in the garage once and went barkserk on me. Definitely could have killed it for that.

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot when he moved in. They had 4 dogs, township limit is 2. I told him "Jeff, sounds like a nice family. But I don't own a dog, because I don't want my children to step in their shit. Please keep your dogs out of my yard". My kids have stepped in their shit. One spring thaw, there was enough to fill a whole grocery bag. Getting it on their lower elevation roof wasn't a problem. Not sure if getting it off was.

Edit: The Dialysis. That was a real story. Met a guy, the family dogs organ was failing, needed Dialysis, $26,000 for 6 months. No guarantees. His wife said "We fix the dog or I leave" They went the 6 months. Dog lived for another 6, with dialysis, before dying. Wife left. Things had gone wrong LONG before.

Last edited:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm... other things dogs have done recently without any apology from its owner.

Knock over and mess up a good TC mod
Scratch the paint on my truck jumping up on my window "Oh look, he loves you"
Sat on a bar stool next to me. People eat there.
Hair. My god, don't invite me into your car if you have fur seats!
Puke, shoes, a pillow.... all cute to the people who own the dog
I'm missing some epic ones, I know I am. Animals, the new children.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never mentioned how the dog died. I was 18 and out of the house. I didn't live far. Dog got to barfing I guess, they took him to a vet, vet diagnosed a brain tumor. Of course, they had the dog put down. I didn't get to say bye, but then I understood my Dads own grief at having to have it done, which he did immediately, kind of precluded a phone call.

Why do people want to get SO attached to something with a 10 to 19 year life span? You ARE going to watch it die. And what if you DON'T? Is it going to get a JOB?

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And of course, since I appear to be an animal hater, I should mention the new neighbors on the other side have 3 dogs. Before the built a kennel far from the houses, they were chained about 40' from my bedroom window. Sunday mornings at 5am, like clockwork, they felt the need to go nuts. And nobody would help them with whatever their problem was for over an hour usually.

WTF. Am I unreasonable? I really think the enjoyment of my space is being seriously compromised, the value of my property diminished, and my family unduly subjected to unreasonable fear on their own property. Dogs are just doing what dogs do. Being unfriendly to a persons dog these days, is like calling their daughter fat and ugly. If the dog wants to lick your face, they are insulted if you don't let it. Maybe if you respected peoples rights to NOT have a damn dog.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We're in "red flag" conditions here; no burning outdoors whatsoever. Not sure how long it's been since we had rain, but it's well over a month.

Still dealing with sporadic sadness. Finished up all the roller painting tonight; some that I did early on, I decided could use another coat, and since I had another gallon I hadn't even touched, I got that done. Tomorrow the mate will do the sanding on some spots on the woodwork, and a couple of spots on the bookshelf that needs painting to match the other bookshelves, and hopefully I can get all done with painting, at least in that room, this weekend, and we can start putting that room back together, and clear out the living room! :D

Andria

Glad to hear your paint job came out good. I gotta paint this place soon too. After all these years of smoking here the ceilings and walls need a serious refinishing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's good, hopefully they can figure out what the problem is....mental health issues are tough on everyone in the family.
The problem is she is bipolar and a few more issues and will not stay on her meds. she had already been involuntarily committed twice this year.
She like being wacko.

This time makes 9 times involuntarily committed.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors