Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OHH NO! Gotta go move some hardware.

Puget Sound in WA is an excellent spot for the machine what goes ping. Of course, you'll drive the Western Fleet and specifically the subs dubbed the Wolf Pack stark raving bonkers, not they already aren't. :)

Is that what a groin pull feels like, like someone just took a pair of pliers to the stretchy stuff in your groin and gave it a hard pinch?

Andria

Sounds like it would be a groin pull, yes. Imagine now your genitals having an external hanging loose part. That groin pull might seem tame compared to getting a quick snapping smack in the nuts. Usually a brute force hard kick in the nuts isn't quite so bad, sure we really don't like either one but if given the choice kick us hard instead of snapping our nuts with fingertips, wet towel corner.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Puget Sound in WA is an excellent spot for the machine what goes ping. Of course, you'll drive the Western Fleet and specifically the subs dubbed the Wolf Pack stark raving bonkers, not they already aren't. :)
Needs to be above ground for good communications. Some ice and snow no problem. A mountain top somewhere perhaps?

Maybe in orbit? Lots of things that go ping up there.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And of course, since I appear to be an animal hater, I should mention the new neighbors on the other side have 3 dogs. Before the built a kennel far from the houses, they were chained about 40' from my bedroom window. Sunday mornings at 5am, like clockwork, they felt the need to go nuts. And nobody would help them with whatever their problem was for over an hour usually.

WTF. Am I unreasonable? I really think the enjoyment of my space is being seriously compromised, the value of my property diminished, and my family unduly subjected to unreasonable fear on their own property. Dogs are just doing what dogs do. Being unfriendly to a persons dog these days, is like calling their daughter fat and ugly. If the dog wants to lick your face, they are insulted if you don't let it. Maybe if you respected peoples rights to NOT have a damn dog.

Totally agree. I've always loved dogs; grew up with a darling fat little long-haired dachshund, she was our baby, and it killed us when we had to have her put down at the age of 10 due to liver cancer -- I did tell my parents not to feed her "people food," but did they listen? I bet you know the answer to that. ;) I tell my husband the same thing about our cat -- dogs and cats are meant to eat MEAT, that's it, maybe an egg now and then, and NOTHING ELSE. He listens a LITTLE better than my folks did, due to the fact that he knows I have a brain in my head... unlike my parents.

But the idiots across the street have this noisy mongrel that wants to bark at and chase EVERYTHING -- including us when we take walks. They have a german shepherd in a fenced enclosure in the backyard, so why can't they keep this other idiot there, too? We often find his poop in our yard, even in my flower beds. My husband has sworn that if that dog ever hurts our cat, he's gonna shoot it with a crossbow -- they're silent, won't bring the blue lights in a jiffy. ;) There's a leash law here, so why can't those morons abide by it? Our animal control sucks balls, or I'd have already called them many times over. This animal has convinced me: cats rule. They may look at you like they think you're an idiot... but at least they don't bark all the time, and they bury their poop.

:headbang:
Andria

And hey errybody, GFYs. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sounds like it would be a groin pull, yes. Imagine now your genitals having an external hanging loose part. That groin pull might seem tame compared to getting a quick snapping smack in the nuts. Usually a brute force hard kick in the nuts isn't quite so bad, sure we really don't like either one but if given the choice kick us hard instead of snapping our nuts with fingertips, wet towel corner.

Well I'm thinking now that maybe it was just a muscle strain rather than an outright "pull" -- it aches a bit, but nothing major. I can sympathize somewhat with the other problem, due to having a boy's bike when I was growing up -- the pudenda doesn't much like hard hits, either (nor do bosoms!). :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And of course, since I appear to be an animal hater, I should mention the new neighbors on the other side have 3 dogs. Before the built a kennel far from the houses, they were chained about 40' from my bedroom window. Sunday mornings at 5am, like clockwork, they felt the need to go nuts. And nobody would help them with whatever their problem was for over an hour usually.

WTF. Am I unreasonable? I really think the enjoyment of my space is being seriously compromised, the value of my property diminished, and my family unduly subjected to unreasonable fear on their own property. Dogs are just doing what dogs do. Being unfriendly to a persons dog these days, is like calling their daughter fat and ugly. If the dog wants to lick your face, they are insulted if you don't let it. Maybe if you respected peoples rights to NOT have a damn dog.

No @Moueix that doesnt make you an animal hater. Im one of them who pets are part of the family but I am also a responsible pet owner. I wont let my pets in other people yards. I think its plain wrong people let their pets run free like that making a nuisance of themselves.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I interest anyone in a free hernia?
I have one I need to get rid of.

Free?!? I had to work like a SUMbitch to get mine. I had an umbilical that I had to get fixed. Worked out OK.

But in terms of discomfort, I would MUCH rather have them pull my leg outta the socket, cut the top clean off, POUND a spike bottomed ball down into the bone, and then reconnect it to a cup glued up in my hip. That was actually far more fun than the hernia operation.

Oh shoot, I hope you get that fixed without any problems! ;)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No @Moueix that doesnt make you an animal hater. Im one of them who pets are part of the family but I am also a responsible pet owner. I wont let my pets in other people yards. I think its plain wrong people let their pets run free like that making a nuisance of themselves.

It takes quite a bit before I go off the rails, but that neighbor has been inconsiderate for far too long. Fixing that fence all day, just to see that pest running the yard like he owns it.. grrr....
d56864b5b945413f35b860fe958f1e36bf6e461f67c320035a4328be5777f418.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Free?!? I had to work like a SUMbitch to get mine. I had an umbilical that I had to get fixed. Worked out OK.

But in terms of discomfort, I would MUCH rather have them pull my leg outta the socket, cut the top clean off, POUND a spike bottomed ball down into the bone, and then reconnect it to a cup glued up in my hip. That was actually far more fun than the hernia operation.

Oh shoot, I hope you get that fixed without any problems! ;)

When I had my appendectomy, the surgeon "fixed" my umbilical hernia that I acquired when preggers (my innie became mostly a flattie, thanks to being pushed out to an outie for a couple months), and I could kick that bitch's ass for it; now it's such a tight innie, I can't clean it properly!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jeez Louise, this place is dead for a Saturday -- all you old folks turn in early or something? :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How come @Atchafalaya doesn't come in here anymore? I had a dream about her last night; I dreamed she was a country singer, and I went to Nashville and somehow saw a recording session with her singing. :giggle:

Anyway, GFYs errybody, and happy Monday too. :)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@chopdoc .. How's duh love shaq comin along?

Its coming along nicely. Am too the point of being able to do the last two kitchen base cabinets and then throw out a bunch of stuff and start painting. Once the rain ends in a day or so I should be able to build those two cabinets in a day and have them installed in no time at all.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its coming along nicely. Am too the point of being able to do the last two kitchen base cabinets and then throw out a bunch of stuff and start painting. Once the rain ends in a day or so I should be able to build those two cabinets in a day and have them installed in no time at all.
Right on doc....!!

You have any before and after pictures you can post when you're finished?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTY, how did that cholesterol test come out?....Mr bread wing and beer guy.....:giggle:

Doctors dont give ya results lol

I took a sleep study last month, I had a pulmonary study done on my lungs and the cholesterol test done yet never heard a word on any of the results.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The best thing is none of my doctors ever said a single thing about my eating habits. Not once even asked. I was kinda surprised at that but as long as they dont say anything then bacon, eggs, bread, wings, pizza and beer are still on the menu.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I took a sleep study last month, I had a pulmonary study done on my lungs and the cholesterol test done yet never heard a word on any of the results.
Usually don't get results without paying to hear them read to you....no good thieving CS-ers

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The best thing is none of my doctors ever said a single thing about my eating habits. Not once even asked. I was kinda surprised at that but as long as they dont say anything then bacon, eggs, bread, wings, pizza and beer are still on the menu.
Mine didn't either, now I'm paying the price dearly.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Usually don't get results without paying to hear them read to you....no good thieving CS-ers

Just ask if they don't tell you - something I also learned the hard way

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
-- Hippocrates

Granted, I might need to do better at that myself. For one thing, I understand recent research draws a correlation between sugar & depression, I still use sugar. It was proved too that red meat consumption leads to heart disease. There was a study done in Asia on it over 30 years. The hypothesis was that since red meat was not heavily consumed there, heart disease would be reduced. The hypothesis was proved true. I still eat red meat.

Ought to go without saying but will say it anyway so it's clear. I'm not telling you how to live your life, or disparaging how you live it. I am though saying we all in what we consider our modern and advanced lifestyles might be benefited in trying different modes of living, self inclusive. Shoot, I thought thirty five years of using tobacco was a badge of pride, until I began to vape in earnest & found out vaping reduces a lot of risk/s to living, and it helps me feel better. Go figure. :)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ask if they don't tell you - something I also learned the hard way

Someone is making hay. Nice to see you remember your old friends, Whats Their Names. Listen, ya got moose in the back, and salmon in the front. You don't need money.

I am lucky to have a cool doctor. I confess all my sins, and he lets me fill out my own reports about things like nicotine and such. The big advantage being, if I ever pick up any REALLY bad habits, I am sure he will be delighted to tell me to cut that shit out. ;) We connect well socially, lots of similar hobbies, and being a smaller town, making for a lot of mutual friends.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine didn't either, now I'm paying the price dearly.

From diet? Oooh, not good. Mind if I ask what the culprits and results were? Seems at this age, a lot of friends are falling to Diabetes, and with it seems to come a zillion complications, maladies, quirks and cautions. PLUS the damn medicine, oy.

I carry too much weight, but the Mrs. cooks like she wants us to live forever. No kidding, I eat at a fast food restaurant, and my stomach gets messed up. Grease man, can't tolerate it any more. I have to do something about the belly fat. It'll kill me eventually, although the old man had it until mid 70's. At 85, he's a shadow of himself, but still going STRONG.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Granted, I might need to do better at that myself. For one thing, I understand recent research draws a correlation between sugar & depression, I still use sugar. It was proved too that red meat consumption leads to heart disease. There was a study done in Asia on it over 30 years. The hypothesis was that since red meat was not heavily consumed there, heart disease would be reduced. The hypothesis was proved true. I still eat red meat.

Ought to go without saying but will say it anyway so it's clear. I'm not telling you how to live your life, or disparaging how you live it. I am though saying we all in what we consider our modern and advanced lifestyles might be benefited in trying different modes of living, self inclusive. Shoot, I thought thirty five years of using tobacco was a badge of pride, until I began to vape in earnest & found out vaping reduces a lot of risk/s to living, and it helps me feel better. Go figure. :)

I cut out sugars a long time ago but recently been on a carb bing which I am stopping. Last night I had a small pan of spinach, broccoli and cauliflower for my evening meal. Usually when I go carbless or just natural carbs from fruit and veggies I feel better but I get irritated when shopping at the prices of meat, especially beef. For a long time my main form of cooking was grilling but since the flood I seldom grill and need to get back into the habit. Its actually a healthier way of eating.
Many years ago I read Adkins book and one thing he said always resonated with me, Our bodies are made for neanderthal times and all these trans fatty mono whatever does nothing but harms us. What I took away from that is to eat naturally with plain food. All this processed pre packaged stuff that you nuke and eat isnt good for you and I usually try to avoid that kind of food. Not always but usually. Gotta admit things like Gordons fish patties or Tyson chicken nugets that you just nuke and enjoy taste good, they will kill you eventually.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Awe Fuck! No wonder the bloodhounds from up yon holler were following my little golf cart. I did, I did forget that dead hooker in the tool box I got rigged on the back end bed of it. Looked in there twice this past week, just thought it was my old blow up doll. Reckon you'd know 'bout what shattered dreams would smell like too. Though I might be smelling like ass, had to go wrench the mule out of the creek this week. Needed it to plow the 'baccy field, not that I use 'baccy anymore but it is dern hard to give up your million dollar a year crop too easily.

In short I say go fuck yourself too. --- Bukweet out!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tru dat. No matter who you vote for we are fucked.
Well, I voted for the only guy that I thought wouldn't screw us, but as everyone has been so quick to point out my vote was wasted since he can't win:rolleyes:. So in the end you are almost certainly right, my only question is if there will at least be lube and a reach around.:giggle:

VU Sponsors