Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry to hear that, Lynn. Have you heard anything about the possible full-time work there?
Nope! Nada! Plus the cell I was in closed up last Sunday to become a 12 hour cell. I declined because the hours I was offered were from 7pm-7am and at my age, there's no way in hell I was going to handle those heavy parts for 12 hours. So 3 of us went out to the highest bidder. I got stuck having to feed 2 lines. Both of which are fast lines and one is a 12 hour line so they work 7 days a week without fail. So I'm still stuck working 7 days and now I'm running my ass off to boot.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope! Nada! Plus the cell I was in closed up last Sunday to become a 12 hour cell. I declined because the hours I was offered were from 7pm-7am and at my age, there's no way in hell I was going to handle those heavy parts for 12 hours. So 3 of us went out to the highest bidder. I got stuck having to feed 2 lines. Both of which are fast lines and one is a 12 hour line so they work 7 days a week without fail. So I'm still stuck working 7 days and now I'm running my ass off to boot.
Oh wow, that is so sad.

Whoever owns that business must be making out like a bandit.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That makes me tired just to think about. But then, I have a sign in my kitchen that says "When I get the urge to clean house, I lay down till it passes." :giggle: My mom gave that to me one year in my "goodie bag" (her version of a christmas stocking). :D

But to actually be true, the sign would need to say "I log on the internet till it passes." :giggle:

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow, that is so sad.

Whoever owns that business must be making out like a bandit.
Yep! I told my other 2 former coworkers tonight that I was tired of being a slave. I'm going to give them until we're off for Christmas to make a move. If they don't, I'll spend my time off looking for another job and just not go back. I did decide to take Sunday off. I've worked 29 days straight without a day off so I'm taking 1! They can just give me a point. Who cares?!?!?

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes me tired just to think about. But then, I have a sign in my kitchen that says "When I get the urge to clean house, I lay down till it passes." :giggle: My mom gave that to me one year in my "goodie bag" (her version of a christmas stocking). :D

But to actually be true, the sign would need to say "I log on the internet till it passes." :giggle:

Andria
I couldn't just stay at home. If I had about a month off I could get all my cleaning and purging done. After that, I'd be nutso looking for something to do! :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't just stay at home. If I had about a month off I could get all my cleaning and purging done. After that, I'd be nutso looking for something to do! :D

We talk here sometimes about this or that disorders, but I'm not sure there's a name for whatever's always been wrong with me. When I have to adhere to a schedule, and be surrounded by lots of people constantly, I gradually just go completely insane, from stress, anxiety, just absolute come-undone-ness. Maybe some form of agoraphobia? I've never known what to call it, but I guess that's as good a guess as any. I'm just a hermit by inclination, and also slightly OCD -- I dislike things that upset my own carefully-guarded time, solitude, schedules, almost the way that autistic people are upset. This is really the main reason that I don't have a job, and I'm blessed with a husband who'd rather have a sane and calm wife at home than a neurotic maniac who brings in another check.

Andria

ETA: My "something to do" has always been reading -- and now with a tablet and smartphone, I have Kindle! :D Or I might just go take a nap if I'm REALLY bored. Lately I've been involved with this room redecoration, which is helping me think of something other than my grief, so it's a real godsend!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to be busy doing something or I'd go insane. I stayed at home with my kids until they went off to school. That was ok because with kids, and mine are 6 years apart so during that time one was always here, I was busy. But once the youngest went to school, my days became so long and dreary that I had to return to work to have focus. I'd drop them off at school, come home and tidy the house, then look around for something to do. I have to be busy! It's what works to keep me sane! We're all different. And there's no right or wrong. What works for you may not work for someone else, right?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sucks Lynn! Me and Kadly were talking about how if we were rich we could buy the company and make YOU the boss over all those assholes that treat you like crap! It was his idea but I concur!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to be busy doing something or I'd go insane. I stayed at home with my kids until they went off to school. That was ok because with kids, and mine are 6 years apart so during that time one was always here, I was busy. But once the youngest went to school, my days became so long and dreary that I had to return to work to have focus. I'd drop them off at school, come home and tidy the house, then look around for something to do. I have to be busy! It's what works to keep me sane! We're all different. And there's no right or wrong. What works for you may not work for someone else, right?

After the kid graduated and went off to the Navy, was the first time in probably 20 yrs that I was able to get all my daily sleep in one bundle -- when I had to the mommy schtick in the morning, I'd have a short nap from about 3am-6am... get up, get him up, get him fed and off to school. Then I'd lay down about 10am and sleep till about 3:30pm, right before he got home from school. It worked for me because with my lifelong insomnia, if I just say "I'll have a nap," I don't have any trouble falling asleep, but if i say "I'm going to bed now," I very often can't fall asleep for HOURS. It's like I have to sneak up on sleep. :giggle:

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's gorgeous here. I need to get my butt in gear.
e6a691a9e307bdda4edfac6cc40aabb5.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been on a Metallica kick all day. I know this music came out in the 90s, over 20 yrs ago now, but it still kicks ass.

The playlist I'm listening to, from a couple of different CDs:
metallicaplaylist.jpg

It was my son who first turned me on to this music, in the early 2000's, when he used to hog my computer every night while i cooked dinner. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, I just discovered the coolest trick I've seen yet from my phone, and I didn't know until now it could do it! Normally I listen to Amazon prime music, but tonight listening to windows media player, since I copied that metallica from 2 CDs -- I plugged in my phone just now to charge, and that uses a USB from my PC -- and now I learn that my phone can "sync" any of the music on my PC to the memory card in my phone! HOT DAMN!

:giggle:
Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been on a Metallica kick all day. I know this music came out in the 90s, over 20 yrs ago now, but it still kicks ass.

The playlist I'm listening to, from a couple of different CDs:
View attachment 66366

It was my son who first turned me on to this music, in the early 2000's, when he used to hog my computer every night while i cooked dinner. :D

Andria
Oh yes metalica is awesome

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Coyotes and dogs all howlin at the big moon tonight.

I'm keeping timeanddate.com open on my phone, to stay abreast of the moon's angle; hoping I'll be able see it pretty soon. There are some tall trees just at the ESE position where it rises, so I'm waiting till it gets to at least 45 degrees before I go out and try to see it.

My mom died last month on the 14th, and it was a huge orange moon that evening too, which kinda creeped me out, as we drove home from the hospital.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We got a couple more little jobs done, in The Room -- the closet door always bugged me, it opened the wrong way, so my husband took it down and moved the hinges and door fastener so it would open the right way. Gotta get the holes puttied and painted, and do some sanding on the door and get it painted. Got some nail holes puttied in the tall bookshelves, got 'em sanded today, so tomorrow I can paint the front edges of those shelves where the nail holes were. Once we get done with that closet door, we'll be ready to move all the painting shit out, and get the room put back together, though we won't bring in the entertainment center and TV that will go in it, until I get the new drapes and curtain rod, since that will go right in front of the windows.

I went out and had a look at the moon; actually it's quite high, too high to really notice much diff in the size, though it's freakishly bright; looks like a proof silver dime under a spotlight. :D Told the mate that tomorrow when he gets home from work, I wanna go up to the start of our street; it's a much higher elevation than down here where we live, so maybe I can see the big orange moon right at twilight.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We got a couple more little jobs done, in The Room -- the closet door always bugged me, it opened the wrong way, so my husband took it down and moved the hinges and door fastener so it would open the right way. Gotta get the holes puttied and painted, and do some sanding on the door and get it painted. Got some nail holes puttied in the tall bookshelves, got 'em sanded today, so tomorrow I can paint the front edges of those shelves where the nail holes were. Once we get done with that closet door, we'll be ready to move all the painting shit out, and get the room put back together, though we won't bring in the entertainment center and TV that will go in it, until I get the new drapes and curtain rod, since that will go right in front of the windows.

I went out and had a look at the moon; actually it's quite high, too high to really notice much diff in the size, though it's freakishly bright; looks like a proof silver dime under a spotlight. :D Told the mate that tomorrow when he gets home from work, I wanna go up to the start of our street; it's a much higher elevation than down here where we live, so maybe I can see the big orange moon right at twilight.

Andria
Wow...sounds like your room is coming along nicely....!

VU Sponsors