Become a Patron!
Status
Not open for further replies.

axelbeam

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today is my dad's service....I shouldn't even be up right now, but this past week has been so damned depressing. I haven't been sleeping much at all! :(

Thank you everyone for your continued prayers. our family and I appreciate all you guys have done these past few months. R.I.P dad, I love you and I miss you!
6/3/49 - 4/9/16
My thought and prayers are with you and your family I hope the service goes well

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good evening my VW family! I hope everyone has had a great day! Hang in there everyone, Friday is coming!:stars2:

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the memorial service was really nice. Overall we had almost 200 people show up. About 80 people came from my dad's work to pay their condolences. My mom's friends showed up, my friends, my wife's friends, and my family. It was really beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So the memorial service was really nice. Overall we had almost 200 people show up. About 80 people came from my dad's work to pay their condolences. My mom's friends showed up, my friends, my wife's friends, and my family. It was really beautiful!

Glad the service went well. Still have you all in my prayers. God Bless you, my friend!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it was really beautiful. My wife made 2 collages of pictures. One on a big white tri-fold cardboard, and a cork board. 60 pictures all together. One was set on the left of the room the other on the right side. In the middle towards the back was a big blown up picture if him and next to that was his urn. I made a 15 song cd of music that he liked. So we played it when people came and went. We had frank sinatra, Dean Martin, and other stuff he enjoyed. My mom is a boy scout leader so she had 2 of the boy scouts stand by the urn as guard. It was really nice. The whole service was perfect. In the kitchen area there was a picture of him sipping his flask, and next to that were shot glasses and 2 bottles of Glenlivitz and also Jameson Irish whiskey...so everyone was invited in there to take a shot with him :) the whole thing was very much him and I know he was happy to see it all :)

spoiled.brat.in.wv

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Glad the memorial service was nice and had such a great turnout he definitely was a well liked / loved man. Hugs thoughts and prayers for you hun

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

axelbeam

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm glad everything went so well

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

it was really beautiful. My wife made 2 collages of pictures. One on a big white tri-fold cardboard, and a cork board. 60 pictures all together. One was set on the left of the room the other on the right side. In the middle towards the back was a big blown up picture if him and next to that was his urn. I made a 15 song cd of music that he liked. So we played it when people came and went. We had frank sinatra, Dean Martin, and other stuff he enjoyed. My mom is a boy scout leader so she had 2 of the boy scouts stand by the urn as guard. It was really nice. The whole service was perfect. In the kitchen area there was a picture of him sipping his flask, and next to that were shot glasses and 2 bottles of Glenlivitz and also Jameson Irish whiskey...so everyone was invited in there to take a shot with him :) the whole thing was very much him and I know he was happy to see it all :)

It sounds like a wonderful service! Very personal and so many people, what a great memory for all of you.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
th
th
th

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Wow...what a beautiful service!!! I'm glad it went so well... :) You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!!! <3 *hugs*

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure what Mark is serving but here its tater tots, sweet corn and veggie burgers

Ok so he beat me to posting. Think I need to go Mark's to eat his food sounds much better
Vegan or vegetarian?

R.I.P. dad. I love you and miss you everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors