Become a Patron!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On that note, I'm currently soaking my old coil heads in everclear so I can do a proper review on what I got! In the mean time, I give the packaging and shipping 10/10! I got my box in 3 days, and boy were those glass bottles safe in that box! Check it out!
Where do you get everclear?! Doesn't seem like any of my big-box local stores carry it; doesn't seem like they carry 151-proof vodka, either. Smaller mom-and-pop ones, maybe?

Oh, and nice pics BTW. The packaging is definitely topnotch - those bottles are perfectly safe! :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where do you get everclear?! Doesn't seem like any of my big-box local stores carry it; doesn't seem like they carry 151-proof vodka, either. Smaller mom-and-pop ones, maybe?

Oh, and nice pics BTW. The packaging is definitely topnotch - those bottles are perfectly safe! :)
Yep, you will most likely only find Everclear and 151 in a regular liquer store. They are both niche market stuff.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Depends some state limit you on what proof clear booze you can buy. most vodka is going to top out around 90-95% proof. Rum is 151 and the devil unless you can find a clear 151 one.

I am stuck between two flavors to order.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, you will most likely only find Everclear and 151 in a regular liquer store. They are both niche market stuff.
That's what I meant by big-box local stores, e.g., Binny's, etc - should have specified liquor stars explicitly. :)

They carry lots of booze but nothing over 90% proof that I can see...

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends some state limit you on what proof clear booze you can buy. most vodka is going to top out around 90-95% proof. Rum is 151 and the devil unless you can find a clear 151 one.

I am stuck between two flavors to order.
Yep, that's exactly what I'm seeing... might have to check smaller stores to see if they carry the strong stuff.

Which two flavors...?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's what I meant by big-box local stores, e.g., Binny's, etc - should have specified liquor stars explicitly. :)

They carry lots of booze but nothing over 90% proof that I can see...
no party liquor in grocery or box stores here.. the fucking state "allows" what booze it carries in the liquor stores.

Torn between teflon don and handcheck.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no party liquor in grocery or box stores here.. the fucking state "allows" what booze it carries in the liquor stores.

Torn between teflon don and handcheck.
Go with Teflon Don. If you don't like it, send it to me and I'll replace it with Handcheck. :)

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yup, local liquor store had it. Really strange the big box places never have it.

MacFalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello everyone!

I remember in my youth, yes 'Flintstone' era. We used to mix Everclear with home made Plum wine.

If you use Everclear or cheap reasonably high proof Vodka, get yourself an inexpensive ultra sonic cleaner. Like ones to clean jewelry. The results are astounding. Shine, shine, shine! I have a couple of 'Bulli' attys. When you could only get them from Germany. I had put them away and forgotten about them. I was going through my Vaping Chest trying to create some sort of order and found them. They were really nasty. With Vodka in the ultra sonic cleaner, overnight, all parts were spotless. Just like brand new. And as stated they were 5 or 6 years old.

Clean on, Vape on, and be happy...............................................................................or not.

BIGDaddyInkd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So ready to be off work and relax on my couch and vape some good vape. I was ALMOST desperate enough to buy some juice from the gas station I work at but then I slapped myself and said no sir u ain't that desperate! :D

BIGDaddyInkd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got a little bit of juice that I'm stretching till I get paid in 2 weeks so fingers crossed that it'll last. :confused:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My antibiotics finally in the last few days decided to do the digestive tract tango and screw up my system so I have been wicked under the weather.

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much for the last few days. I've just been dealing with a bad flu. I'm not 100% yet, now I'm mostly just weak. That's way better than before though!

When it comes to finding good deals on mods, I agree with...I think it was @JustMe , sign up for vaping deals newsletters or check @VaporJoes blog. :)

BigGunn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got in my winnings. I used my credit to get some Bledan Lotus, Woodbury, and a couple of the 15ml bottles of Hand Check along with some droppers and syringes.

I LOVE THEM ALL.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sorry. :( That's no fun.
No it is not.. No pain in the socket it is still tender but the real issue is the Blah feeling and the swelling, got something in the jaw tagged with the needle and it is still not happy about it. ICE ICE and more ice.

But the blah feeling is just that wearing me out. my tasters are off, I mean way off.

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@bystander - If you bought the Igo-L at a local B&M store, take it back and ask them if they'll drill the holes out for you. I've never been in a vaping shop that sold RDAs and didn't have a drill press or some kind of drill. :) A lot of them will build it for you when you buy it if you ask them to. If you don't have a mechanical or something that sub-ohms yet, make sure to tell them to build it to 1.2 ohms or above.
The Nemesis clone (especially the HCigar one) has been a good starter mod as well as a good mod for those with experience because the voltage drop is low. :)

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got in my winnings. I used my credit to get some Bledan Lotus, Woodbury, and a couple of the 15ml bottles of Hand Check along with some droppers and syringes.

I LOVE THEM ALL.

Wooohooo!!! I love all 3 of those flavors! I'm glad you ordered droppers too so you could get into them right away.

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No it is not.. No pain in the socket it is still tender but the real issue is the Blah feeling and the swelling, got something in the jaw tagged with the needle and it is still not happy about it. ICE ICE and more ice.

But the blah feeling is just that wearing me out. my tasters are off, I mean way off.

That really sucks! I hope you feel better very soon!

BIGDaddyInkd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn this 2 weeks till payday is gonna drag on. This making juice stretch sucks. I keep looking at the site over and over like a stalker Lol. pay check better be enough for so juice cuz I'm liking what I see. The WTF sounds tasty and so does the Hand Check. Coooome on payday, Bigdaddy needs some new juice!:p

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn this 2 weeks till payday is gonna drag on. This making juice stretch sucks. I keep looking at the site over and over like a stalker Lol. pay check better be enough for so juice cuz I'm liking what I see. The WTF sounds tasty and so does the Hand Check. Coooome on payday, Bigdaddy needs some new juice!:p
Hey Bigdaddy, how bout some Fishee-juice?
giphy.gif

BIGDaddyInkd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTFishee, post: 133093, mem: 1685"]Hey Bigdaddy, how bout some Fishee-juice?
giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Hmmm i will try it as long as you dont wink at me. Lol

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good morning everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much for the last few days. I've just been dealing with a bad flu. I'm not 100% yet, now I'm mostly just weak. That's way better than before though!

When it comes to finding good deals on mods, I agree with...I think it was @JustMe , sign up for vaping deals newsletters or check @VaporJoes blog. :)
Glad you are back and feeling a lil better. :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning peeps!!!
@bystander and @BIGDaddyInkd check out gotsmoke.com , I get an email everyday telling me whats on sale where. As for fasttech.com I found the sweden faster usually here in 2 weeks.
Buying things direct from China makes me nervous simply because I have spoken to people who got hit with charges for transfer of mail between customs and USPS on top of import duties. Normally if I do anything "wrong" I get caught and it isn't worth the potential $15+ to save a couple of bucks.

I also do try to support American businesses when it makes sense, meaning I'm willing to spend a little extra to support people here in the US, but if the prices are dramatically I have to choose meds and food. This why the whole clone debate is a bit offensive when people try to push others to spend hundreds of dollars simply on the basis of how much they save now that they don't spend money on cancer sticks. I mean one of the motivating factors was how much money I expected to save after making an investment in hardware, which was a tough risk to swallow given that $50-$100 for something that I might not enjoy vs. $4.65 for something I know I will made the decision a difficult one. Especially when they are pushing something with a 500%-700% price difference for a simple metal tube that is no more complicated than a flashlight!

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Buying things direct from China makes me nervous simply because I have spoken to people who got hit with charges for transfer of mail between customs and USPS on top of import duties. Normally if I do anything "wrong" I get caught and it isn't worth the potential $15+ to save a couple of bucks.

I also do try to support American businesses when it makes sense, meaning I'm willing to spend a little extra to support people here in the US, but if the prices are dramatically I have to choose meds and food. This why the whole clone debate is a bit offensive when people try to push others to spend hundreds of dollars simply on the basis of how much they save now that they don't spend money on cancer sticks. I mean one of the motivating factors was how much money I expected to save after making an investment in hardware, which was a tough risk to swallow given that $50-$100 for something that I might not enjoy vs. $4.65 for something I know I will made the decision a difficult one. Especially when they are pushing something with a 500%-700% price difference for a simple metal tube that is no more complicated than a flashlight!
$4.65 LOL what were you smoking?? up to almost $10.00 a pack here

Dammit_Janet

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I received a package from fasttech three days ago. The same day I ordered from Focal ecig. I received the Focal order today. I expected focal first.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@bystander - If you bought the Igo-L at a local B&M store, take it back and ask them if they'll drill the holes out for you. I've never been in a vaping shop that sold RDAs and didn't have a drill press or some kind of drill. :) A lot of them will build it for you when you buy it if you ask them to. If you don't have a mechanical or something that sub-ohms yet, make sure to tell them to build it to 1.2 ohms or above.
The Nemesis clone (especially the HCigar one) has been a good starter mod as well as a good mod for those with experience because the voltage drop is low. :)
It came *built* already - haven't changed them out. I'll see what my shop can do with it. What RDA do you use with your IPV2 again?

Yep, one of these days I'd get a Nemesis. :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GOOD MORNING can I go back to bed now??
I am going there in short order myself.
Nothing like waking up feeling worse than when you went to bed.
I need to take it easy not over tax or expose myself still rebuilding my good gut bacteria from this anti biotic load. Besides I don't trust antibiotics not to have horrible side effects like the zpack... ligament tears kind of scare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors