Become a Patron!
Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a sucker for pretty much any animal who needs rescuing. Right now I've got 3 rescue dogs and 3 rescue cats...lol It's almost like a farm. ;)
lol thank you for the rescue work that you do. I support and work with Charles River Alley Cats. They do TNR with ferals and place the others in 'no kill' shelters for adoption. Their trappers are awesome people and work their tails off (no pun intended):D

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Makes no sense to me......but I'm not a mom so it doesn't really have to. I hope you get a house full of fur-kids someday!

My boy that just passed was a mix of Lab, Great Dane, and Blue Tick. Made for a beautiful dog and he was incredibly loyal too. That was the guy that sold me on rescues instead of store bought dogs. We got Monte when he was a year old and the old guy gave us 16 years of love. He was a great old guy and it damned near broke my heart when he died.

My baby-girl, Sadie, is a Dachshund-Beagle (Doxle) and we've only had her for for 5 or so years but she's wormed her way into my heart in a HUGE way. This little one follows me around like....well, a little puppy dog, everywhere I go. She sits outside the bathroom while I'm in it.....waits outside the shower while I'm in it.....sits on my feet at any time I'm in the house sitting down.....and sleeps with me in the crook of my arm. I'm telling you, this girl has me wrapped around her little paw-paw.

I've got one that's actually a pure bred Beagle. Papers and all. Came from a prize winning line at a breeders! Yup! Big beautiful beagle of championship lineage! The dip shit, low life, pathetic excuse for a fucking human, breeders decided he wasn't worth keeping because his tail curves the wrong way, so they dropped his ass off at the shelter. Even gave the shelter all his papers. Nice folks, huh? I swear, people are just too damned hung up on perfect! (Pardon the language there.....but I really despise folks who are cruel to animals). Anyway, his name is Nike because he's got the perfect Nike Swoop on his neck.

Oh, and I've also got a crazy ass cat that will come up and rub up on you a bit, then bite the shit outta you. Damned crazy cat.
I was really touched by your post. We lost our girl, Jazzy (Mrs. O'connell for short:D) 5 yrs ago and still get weepy thinking about it. She was Basset Hound/Terrier, curly black hair with red beard, red paws, belly and eyebrows. Looked like a clown, made people smile. Now, we have a stray cat who used to do the same thing yours does. Finally grew out of it. Reading the book, 'Cat Daddy' really helped us understand cats. Sounds like he's doing something called 'spiking'. It can be controlled.

As for those people who throw away animals like unwanted trash, I wish I could make them sit in some kind of focus group that raises their consciousness on all living beings. I learned that there are more abandoned black and black & white cats because people don't like those colors.

I'm happy I found this thread and want to thank you, not just for the opportunity to win something but for a nice place to come and chat.:)

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been around. My dog died day before yesterday and I'm having trouble functioning.
I am so sorry. I know it too well. When we lost our Jazzy I completely fell apart, shaking so bad I had to take a lorazapan and I never take tranquilizers. Luckily, the animal hospital offered free grief counseling and the therapist spoke to us for 45 mins on the phone. Then we attended a couple of group sessions with all of these other people who were freaked out. It helped. What she said made sense in that most people don't realize that we spend more time with our pets than we do our own friends and family. They're always there for us. I'll keep you in my prayers in that you feel better soon:)

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello and good morning muth my love :)
A late good morning to you, sweetie:) Fell back asleep and didn't wake up till 1pm! Missed the bank among other things.
I'll have to do some kind of 'turn around' here, I feel really out of it.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lol thank you for the rescue work that you do. I support and work with Charles River Alley Cats. They do TNR with ferals and place the others in 'no kill' shelters for adoption. Their trappers are awesome people and work their tails off (no pun intended):D
I kind of miss some of the ferals we had around here when I moved in.
Some dogooder built shelters for them, with fairly large openings... they became coyote lunch boxes and racoon dens instead.
Massive coyote infestation, not a feral nor lost house pet to be seen anymore.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
nope looking for cruelty free and non contraindication for estrogen boosters for a HER2 positive breast cancer survivor.
Excuse me for not knowing. That's nothing to joke about and I hope you find what you need.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Excuse me for not knowing. That's nothing to joke about and I hope you find what you need.
No offense taken in the slightest man, no apology needed.
If I cannot find what is needed I will either make it myself or find a compound formulary with a leaning towards cosmetics.

Honestly if I told you some of the bullshit that has been done to her or said to her it would break your heart.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I kind of miss some of the ferals we had around here when I moved in.
Some dogooder built shelters for them, with fairly large openings... they became coyote lunch boxes and racoon dens instead.
Massive coyote infestation, not a feral nor lost house pet to be seen anymore.
OMG, that's extreme. I know the dogooders meant well but there is a correct way to build feral shelters. There's plenty of youtube vids on that. You'll notice that they use clothes dryer vent ducts bent into elbow shape to keep the wind out. And other large animals I suppose.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No offense taken in the slightest man, no apology needed.
If I cannot find what is needed I will either make it myself or find a compound formulary with a leaning towards cosmetics.

Honestly if I told you some of the bullshit that has been done to her or said to her it would break your heart.
Oh, Nasty, I'm sorry:(What kind of doctor would do that?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The radiologist screaming in her face she had cancer and was going to die?
or the co worker shitting on her to her face about how she was no cancer survivor since she did not go through chemo.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damnit. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut DOH Sorry everyone!

Just kidding Muth. Surprised you haven't found this thread sooner.
See, you have a purpose in this world - you're leading the blind around.:D
It all started over those darn syringes. Remember - you were using proper terminology and I was using street junkie slang ( I used to volunteer at a needle exchange program) I'm glad slang was the only bad habit I picked up!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
or the co worker shitting on her to her face about how she was no cancer survivor since she did not go through chemo.
Okay, I'm getting hot under the collar now. One thing I will not tolerate is a supposed medical professional doing everything they are not supposed to do and hurting the patient. Feel free to report his/her radiologist ass.

That co-worker better be careful. I don't "ill wish" on anyone but saying things like that to a suffering individual creates negative causes in their own life. It's only a matter of time. That's the one concept about karma that I like: You never have to seek revenge because people bring destruction to themselves.lol

I hope you and your loved one have a pleasant day, Nasty. Good luck with the stuff you're looking for:)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, I'm getting hot under the collar now. One thing I will not tolerate is a supposed medical professional doing everything they are not supposed to do and hurting the patient. Feel free to report his/her radiologist ass.

That co-worker better be careful. I don't "ill wish" on anyone but saying things like that to a suffering individual creates negative causes in their own life. It's only a matter of time. That's the one concept about karma that I like: You never have to seek revenge because people bring destruction to themselves.lol

I hope you and your loved one have a pleasant day, Nasty. Good luck with the stuff you're looking for:)
Her co worker is a breast cancer survivor also and upset that mom did not go through the same pain. Crab pot mentality. co worker and a couple of others CANNOT get why she is thriving and they are still suffering.

As far as reporting, her trigger finally got tripped and she is reporting them all for unprofessional behavior to the correct state boards.
All is good.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Her co worker is a breast cancer survivor also and upset that mom did not go through the same pain. Crab pot mentality. co worker and a couple of others CANNOT get why she is thriving and they are still suffering.

As far as reporting, her trigger finally got tripped and she is reporting them all for unprofessional behavior to the correct state boards.
All is good.
Good for her! Yay, she's a fighter and a thriver! I feel better now:)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't offend easily, lol, but I do tend to sit in the corner and watch more than I post. Need to work on that....

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do they both have knuckle imprints on the faces?

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I certainly hope so! I can just imagine if someone told hubby that he isn't a real survivor because he "only" had radiation. I may only be 4'11", but mom taught me that diamonds and dynamite come in small packages.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But you said you would never tell

www.cigabuy.com
h35ECF056

Status
Not open for further replies.