Not open for further replies.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i hear this is the "other place"....this could be permanent.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
UGHHH. Decisions, decisions. Should I get as much 12:50 as possible seeing as I love it? Should I get some new flavors like agent orange or mellow melange? HELP ME!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
UGHHH. Decisions, decisions. Should I get as much 12:50 as possible seeing as I love it? Should I get some new flavors like agent orange or mellow melange? HELP ME!
Agent Orange is good, but it isn't sweet. It is tart.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a big fan of 12:50 too. Scored the six pack for $12.50 in the black friday sale which was sweet.

Out of curiosity what do you guys find to be your preferred sweet spot for it? I'm running it in a KFL+v2 with a 1.2 ohm build at 12.5 right now.

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a big fan of 12:50 too. Scored the six pack for $12.50 in the black friday sale which was sweet.

Out of curiosity what do you guys find to be your preferred sweet spot for it? I'm running it in a KFL+v2 with a 1.2 ohm build at 12.5 right now.
I love it at .5 ohm dual coil on my mech or 1.8 in a kayfun at 4.8 volt

www.cigabuy.com

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know but I never worried much about watts bc I can't adjust them

www.cigabuy.com
Sure you can. Just build your coils at the resistance needed to get the ohms you want. Not a very flexible method, but works well.

I tried it at 30 and don't think that my KFL feeds the juice fast enough because it just tastes burnt.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You also can adjust the watts on your VV mod by adjusting the voltage. That's where the calculator comes in handy because it shows you the effective watts based on the volts and ohms.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I build the ohm coil I like and run it as long as it's not to low and the flavor is right

www.cigabuy.com
Gotta love the works for me method ;) Just as good as any other. Unfortunately my OCD won't let me not know what is going on... especially since I started with pre-built tanks and EVOD batteries and then a ZNA 30 (VW) using the tanks before moving on to RTA's. Because of the way I progressed to a mech mod, I wanted to figure out how to build a coil that would give me the performance that I liked with my KFL and Orchid but the benefit of the simplicity of the mech.

Actually have been enjoying my Apollo much more than the last time we chatted about it and the Dark Horse so I'm glad I didn't get rid of the one I have ;)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad you started enjoying it have found love in mine this thing is a dream to build on and great flavor and clouds

www.cigabuy.com
Glad it is working out. I still have no doubt that was not going to enjoy the Dark Horse. I simply don't lung hit. I've tried and just don't like it, and the airflow for a mouth to lung is just simply too much because you just can't cut down the airflow enough for me in that thing.

Was very happy to see them get the use that they deserve.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like a cool vape on my 1250. Hot vapors make it start to taste dry.

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta love the works for me method ;) Just as good as any other. Unfortunately my OCD won't let me not know what is going on... especially since I started with pre-built tanks and EVOD batteries and then a ZNA 30 (VW) using the tanks before moving on to RTA's. Because of the way I progressed to a mech mod, I wanted to figure out how to build a coil that would give me the performance that I liked with my KFL and Orchid but the benefit of the simplicity of the mech.

Actually have been enjoying my Apollo much more than the last time we chatted about it and the Dark Horse so I'm glad I didn't get rid of the one I have ;)

What kind of build do you use on your Apollo? I've been using dual twisted micro coils...I forget the gauge but with both coils it comes to .4 ohms. I'm using good cotton and I get nice clouds...but the flavor is eh, not bad but almost like everything tastes the same.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watch strongly recommends vaping 12:50 and WTF at low watts. He created them so the flavor would be best that way. :)
And he succeeded ;) I actually was pretty surprised at the similar settings that some of us are using.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What kind of build do you use on your Apollo? I've been using dual twisted micro coils...I forget the gauge but with both coils it comes to .4 ohms. I'm using good cotton and I get nice clouds...but the flavor is eh, not bad but almost like everything tastes the same.
.6 in my Orchid v4 and 1.2 in my KFL+v2.

Using Cotton Labo Organic Japanese Cotton Pads.

I'm still pretty new to the rebuilding but I got lazy when I needed to rebuild a coil and tried using one of my Aerotanks and realized just how much better everything tastes with the RTA and JC. Pretty satisfied right now. Will see how things develop as I get more experience.

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
.6 in my Orchid v4 and 1.2 in my KFL+v2.

Using Cotton Labo Organic Japanese Cotton Pads.

I'm still pretty new to the rebuilding but I got lazy when I needed to rebuild a coil and tried using one of my Aerotanks and realized just how much better everything tastes with the RTA and JC. Pretty satisfied right now. Will see how things develop as I get more experience.

Ohhhh you have an Apollo mod! Lol I have an Apollo RDA, so I thought that's what you had too.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I honestly can not imagine when I would use the pre-built heads on my SubTank mini.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anybody here used a veritas clone or a praxis mod clone? I'm thinking of picking both of those up. The veritas because I am a messy SOB and tend to get juice everywhere except in my rda, and the praxis because I'm a lazy SOB and don't like turning lock rings to put my mod down LOL.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I owned an authentic Veritas briefly. It leaks as much as any other RDA when wicked incorrectly. Honestly...I've owned a LOT of vape kit briefly lol.

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anybody here used a veritas clone or a praxis mod clone? I'm thinking of picking both of those up. The veritas because I am a messy SOB and tend to get juice everywhere except in my rda, and the praxis because I'm a lazy SOB and don't like turning lock rings to put my mod down LOL.
Was not impressed with the veritas clone I built for someone but the praxis was nice but for really easy and no lock the smpl mod is nice

www.cigabuy.com

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I honestly can not imagine when I would use the pre-built heads on my SubTank mini.
I had been mulling over the Kanger and Delta 2. Because of your posts last night I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Kanger. I also ordered the UD Goblin. I wanted my next atty to be UD, so when I saw Ray Lo Vapes vid he convinced me. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He hasn't steered me wrong, yet, so we'll see.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was not impressed with the veritas clone I built for someone but the praxis was nice but for really easy and no lock the smpl mod is nice

www.cigabuy.com
I agree, but I'm thinking that you might want to go with the Amod SMPL instead of the Epic. Amod is more like the original. I have two Epics and each one has a slightly different design in the button and bottom threading. Who knows what I got at this point. The c-clips are different.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With all the new tech coming out it's nice to give people stuff that they might not have considered. I hope everyone reviews the items given to them in this thread so we can all learn about the experience. In the words of Anthony Kiedis "Give it away, give it away, Give it away now!"

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bought a praxis clone last night. I think I'll do a review of it. Still haven't gotten the veritas.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Still playing the waiting game some things better some not so much, I really do not like when a DR says we are hoping its benign... Son seems optimistic which is a good thing or I would loose it. Thanks Muth

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone!
Was looking through some of the threads and stumbled upon this one read a few pages worth and found myself laughing out loud at some the happenings. (shhh I'm at work.) Look forward to following along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors