VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that's like a perfect wattage range for 90% of my vaping

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well now I'm super excited to get this, VapeNW better ship my shit ASAP I got some mods in packaging waiting for it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's like a perfect wattage range for 90% of my vaping

Same here. I hate the battery door style; I have one on my IPV2 mini and it used to ruin my battery wraps. Not sure if that would be something I could live with. For those that are considering this one, what's the most you'll pay?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Same here. I hate the battery door style; I have one on my IPV2 mini and it used to ruin my battery wraps. Not sure if that would be something I could live with. For those that are considering this one, what's the most you'll pay?
60-80, I don't see it replacing vaporshark as a full time mod. this would be a grab and go and completely replace my sx mini's

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After watching that video I have a few thoughts:
1. I'm glad I ordered one. I was a little on the fence, but the video calmed my nervousness.
2. With the price range being $99-139, I feel pretty good about getting it for $79 shipped from a USA retailer!
3. I plan on using 18650's to begin with (I just got 16 new 18650's in the mail lol), but may break down and order a couple 26650's in the future. I still think pound for pound the best 18650's are better than 26650's.

PS Thanks for posting the video @fuseryder

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
After watching that video I have a few thoughts:
1. I'm glad I ordered one. I was a little on the fence, but the video calmed my nervousness.
2. With the price range being $99-139, I feel pretty good about getting it for $79 shipped from a USA retailer!
3. I plan on using 18650's to begin with (I just got 16 new 18650's in the mail lol), but may break down and order a couple 26650's in the future. I still think pound for pound the best 18650's are better than 26650's.

PS Thanks for posting the video @fuseryder

Cheers,
Steve
thinking lg hg2's would be better than a 26650, the discharge rate is weird with the larger cells

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thinking lg hg2's would be better than a 26650, the discharge rate is weird with the larger cells
I bought 8 LG HG2's and 8 Samsung 25R's.

IMG_20160430_184303_zps7m5ex1wg.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmmmm, they normally high on authentic stuff too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now I am just waiting for the Q, which I think I pre-ordered almost a month before the 75!

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 4 DNA75 boards have shipped 1 will go in a reference mod, 1 will go in a RX200, 1 will go in a 3d printed mod. The 4th will find a home eventually.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My 4 DNA75 boards have shipped 1 will go in a reference mod, 1 will go in a RX200, 1 will go in a 3d printed mod. The 4th will find a home eventually.
you are turning an rx200 into a dna75?

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you going to use for battery power in the RX200? Three 18650s in parallel?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea how to use escribe, hope it's pretty easy to work out.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you going to use for battery power in the RX200? Three 18650s in parallel?
Two 18650 in parallel in squonk (or ideally a low tank "Disquiser mode" (without the bulk) using an extended subtank nano w/ nano RBA in place of 3rd battery - Sort of a poor man's Nebox that actually works in all TC modes with Escribe curves). Squonk is a fallback option for me.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can't just leave us hanging like that :giggle:. What do you think of it so far?

Cheers,
Steve
Geez...Got to give him a little time to play with it and form an opinion. Dna200 was a real learning curve for me, and the 75 would be no different depending on his familiarity with these newer boards.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geez...Got to give him a little time to play with it and form an opinion. Dna200 was a real learning curve for me, and the 75 would be no different depending on his familiarity with these newer boards.
I was just messing around, that's why I put the laughing smiley face there.

Cheers,
Steve

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It came to light from a Reddit Post yesterday afternoon that HCigar violated their NDA and leaked at the TPE in Las Vegas via a product flyer that they were marketing a new mod that uses an Evolv DNA75 Watt TC Chip. Evolv has apparently finally decided to release a board for use in smaller single battery18650 mods!

No further information has been released beyond the Photo. Although the product Flyer pic taken at the TPE says it has output Modes for TC-Ni/TC-Ti/VW, it must be assumed that this chip will also be compatible with the very versatile Escribe Software Utility and utilizes highly accurate TCR curves for Temperature Control just like the highly respected DNA200.

upload_2016-3-16_17-47-50-png.539802
View attachment 44300

Great news for Evolv Fans vape at lower wattage who like smaller mods and Squonkers but were frustrated by existing LiPo battery dimensions and capacities necessary to run the DNA200.

Honestly - other then that particular device looking nice, I don't see a need for a 75 watt Evolv chip. The price on these are about the same as the DNA200's on sale. I did a deal on a VT133 (A DNA200 that is dialed back to 133 watts so it can use 2 batteres) -- it cost $80.00 .. so just buy that and drop it to 75 lol.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly - other then that particular device looking nice, I don't see a need for a 75 watt Evolv chip. The price on these are about the same as the DNA200's on sale. I did a deal on a VT133 (A DNA200 that is dialed back to 133 watts so it can use 2 batteres) -- it cost $80.00 .. so just buy that and drop it to 75 lol.

I agree with that line of thinking in general. I had one on pre-order but after seeing the price the VT133's were going for I cancelled the VT75 and ordered another VT133 (I bought 3 in total, 2 for backups just in case the FDA Deeming regs stick as written).

The only reason I can see with going with a DNA75 is if they come out with one that's quite a bit smaller than a VT133 (using an 18650) and if size was an issue. Personally when you can get the VT133 for about the same price, I couldn't think of a good reason not to. It offers me more flexibility (power if needed) and longer run time. On top of all that, I'm not really a fan of 26650's and figured if I'm going to be using an 18650 in it anyway, might as well just get an extra VT133. The VT133 is a great mod by the way.

PS I do think the Red VT75 looks sharp though

Cheers,
Steve

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have two mods that are DNA40s dual battery. Honestly they vape as nicely as any higher watt DNA device. I cab still set my temp where I like. Unfortunately they only do NI in TC - which is okay for me. And they are quite accurate. So a dual battery DNA 75 is all you need for sure.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can't just leave us hanging like that :giggle:. What do you think of it so far?

Cheers,
Steve
Well I will give more details once I get it hooked up to escribe and load the profiles I made for it but initial impressions are great, it's just like the DNA200 but less watts, one thing I love that I thought I would dislike is the small light by the screen, it's actually a nice feature, I plan on using it to identify my profiles for different mods.

Bonus: I put a tank through already from the Boreas and battery life seems to be nice on an Efest 26650 4200 MAH

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree with that line of thinking in general. I had one on pre-order but after seeing the price the VT133's were going for I cancelled the VT75 and ordered another VT133 (I bought 3 in total, 2 for backups just in case the FDA Deeming regs stick as written).

The only reason I can see with going with a DNA75 is if they come out with one that's quite a bit smaller than a VT133 (using an 18650) and if size was an issue. Personally when you can get the VT133 for about the same price, I couldn't think of a good reason not to. It offers me more flexibility (power if needed) and longer run time. On top of all that, I'm not really a fan of 26650's and figured if I'm going to be using an 18650 in it anyway, might as well just get an extra VT133. The VT133 is a great mod by the way.

PS I do think the Red VT75 looks sharp though

Cheers,
Steve
I did the same thing, the 75 is not much smaller than the 133 and still bigger than the shark
about the only other way I can see using one would be maybe like a 75w squonkfask

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Nice I got the black one today :D
unM3fzi.jpg
Sorry @Nailz ... gotta say that as much as I don't like colored mods, the red one just looks a lot sexier (but it doesn't look bad in black either). Hope it turns out to be awesome, looking forward to hearing some feedback on it!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry @Nailz ... gotta say that as much as I don't like colored mods, the red one just looks a lot sexier (but it doesn't look bad in black either). Hope it turns out to be awesome, looking forward to hearing some feedback on it!

I like it with more color, just red isn't my color, wish they would do a blue one, would snap that up, I have the blue VT40 and really like the finish and color on it.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Didn't realize Daniel was one of the contributing participants in this design

Last edited:

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got my 75 in. I was really bummed when I went to set it up and escribe wouldn't recognize it. I thought I had the latest version, but found an update at hcigar' site. Updated escribe and all is well so far. I hadn't seen this mentioned before so thought I would bring it up. I thought escribe was supposed to download updates automatically, but it didn't. Completely new opening screen on the update though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my 75 in. I was really bummed when I went to set it up and escribe wouldn't recognize it. I thought I had the latest version, but found an update at hcigar' site. Updated escribe and all is well so far. I hadn't seen this mentioned before so thought I would bring it up. I thought escribe was supposed to download updates automatically, but it didn't. Completely new opening screen on the update though.
I don't have the 75 so I'm not sure if Escribe works the same way as it does on the 200. It does automatically update (at least it's supposed to - well you will see a prompt that says an update is available). But (there is always a but) it will only do that for the recommended version. There is usually a newer version that is available but until it's been around awhile (tested thoroughly by us early adopters) it won't go into the automatic update Que. I hope that makes sense. Again, this is for the 200, I can't guarantee the 75 works the same way. Give me a minute and I'll edit this post to a link to the thread on Evolv's site where the early firmware is posted.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit @SmilinVapor Here you go, notice they have the latest labeled as testing (the one I've been using since February and the recommended one under it (it's from October - that is the one that should auto-update). All my DNA200's are running the 2013-02-23 version and I really like it.
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/early-firmware-7508618?pid=1291935653

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out this thread that deals with the DNA75 Escribe. I'm still trying to figure out if they both (200 and 75) run the same Escribe. I'll keep poking around. Too bad they didn't make me a beta tester so I would be more familiar with it.
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/dna75-escribe-8097271?pid=1292136759

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out this thread that deals with the DNA75 Escribe. I'm still trying to figure out if they both (200 and 75) run the same Escribe. I'll keep poking around. Too bad they didn't make me a beta tester so I would be more familiar with it.
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/dna75-escribe-8097271?pid=1292136759[/QUOTE

Steve, that was the version I was running. It didn't recognize the 75 until I updated it with the one from the hcigar site. The new version does indeed work with all DNA 200s. I checked my Releaux and a VT133 and both were recognized with the new version along with the 75.

Mine now says version 1.0.54

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@SmilinVapor Did you notice any benefit of using that version of Escribe with the DNA200? Any upgrades so to speak. I'm only asking because if there are, I'll download it to use with my DNA200's.

Thanks,
Steve

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I do have 1 problem, have a 26650 in mine, and 2 nights put it on charge using the USB port and it hasn't charged, red light and symbol shows it is charging, but it doesn't, next time going to try a different USB cable and if that doesn't work going to try a 18650 instead, don't really want to keep changing out batteries, as the battery cap isn't really smooth either, but still love the mod though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I do have 1 problem, have a 26650 in mine, and 2 nights put it on charge using the USB port and it hasn't charged, red light and symbol shows it is charging, but it doesn't, next time going to try a different USB cable and if that doesn't work going to try a 18650 instead, don't really want to keep changing out batteries, as the battery cap isn't really smooth either, but still love the mod though.
I'll start this by saying I'm using Escribe version 1.0.42 on a DNA200 chip. With that version, you can go into the device monitor, click on Diagnostics (bottom right corner), then set USB Current Limits. I would make sure it's not set to 0. That's the only thing I can think of. You could also just click on Reset USB current limit.

In my version in the device monitor, it also shows me the voltage and current the batteries are charging at. I wish I had the 75 so I could see if it was different.

Cheers,
Steve

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll start this by saying I'm using Escribe version 1.0.42 on a DNA200 chip. With that version, you can go into the device monitor, click on Diagnostics (bottom right corner), then set USB Current Limits. I would make sure it's not set to 0. That's the only thing I can think of. You could also just click on Reset USB current limit.

In my version in the device monitor, it also shows me the voltage and current the batteries are charging at. I wish I had the 75 so I could see if it was different.

Cheers,
Steve

On my version, just had options to enable or disable usb charging, I clicked the enable charging, but as the led shows red and battery meter shows charging, don't think that was it, but will see.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On my version, just had options to enable or disable usb charging, I clicked the enable charging, but as the led shows red and battery meter shows charging, don't think that was it, but will see.
I will say that Vapenw will not support you after a certain number of days so don't let a problem go unreported for long. Evolv will repair the mod for up to a year though so you are still covered even if Vapenw drops their support.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@SmilinVapor Did you notice any benefit of using that version of Escribe with the DNA200? Any upgrades so to speak. I'm only asking because if there are, I'll download it to use with my DNA200's.

Thanks,
Steve

Not anything that really stands out at the moment. Just the new opening screen. It does not go into the settings screen until you plug in one of your mods. After that it looks the same so far. Not yet sure what the advantage of it is yet.
upload_2016-5-21_16-9-13.png

VU Sponsors