Become a Patron!

Garden time is coming

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am doin pretty good, still above ground and been 7 1/2 years now :bliss: . Thank you for asking my friend
Are you puttin in a garden this year?
Not sure might do some tomatoes and such in the yard. Have family duties that require a lot of my time and energy. Will no go into details in public as some on here have misused information I have shared.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, some herbs you want to grow from seed or purchase as baby plants. 🌱

But there are many herbs you can grow without ever purchasing anything!

It feels pretty good to get something for nothing… so let nature do the magic 😍

And if it feels like you’re cheating, and you want to take the hard road... You should know that it takes some herbs FOREVER to grow from seed.

Seriously, it’s frustrating. Do this instead!

Find out which herbs you can get for free and exactly how to do it 🙌🏽

You don't need seeds to grow your own herbs
mail

Watch this video here.

🌱 The Grow Your Own Vegetables Team 🌱

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Hi Jimi,

Do you dream of your kitchen being full of effective herbal remedies that you made yourself and feeling confident when choosing herbal medicines for yourself and your loved ones? 🥰

Making powerful remedies is a crucial part of being an herbalist. When you know that you’re using safe remedies that work, you can take care of your everyday health needs AND you can also avoid costly mistakes.

Learning effective medicine making skills from trusted sources is a crucial step to herbal success! 🌿

That’s why we are excited to share a new mini course created by our friends Rosalee de la Forêt and Emily Han. They are herbal teachers and the best-selling authors of Wild Remedies and Alchemy of Herbs. Rosalee and Emily excel at providing clear training so that you can make potent herbal medicines with confidence. 💪

>>> Learn about the Rooted Medicine Circle Mini Course here

In the free Rooted Medicine Circle Mini Course, you’ll find out how to…

🌿 Avoid 7 common herbal pitfalls so that you can make powerful remedies that heal
🍵 Make high quality herbal teas and know when to use them
🤝 Connect with other herb lovers in the mini course forum

And more!

By the end of the mini course, you’ll know where to start with herbs or how to take your herbal skills to the next level.

>>> Click here to get your mini course for free

Warmly,

PS… The Rooted Medicine Circle Mini Course is available this week only.

>>> Go check it out here

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Start Seeds Indoors​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Hey Jimi,

When you turn to herbs for help, you want to feel confident that you’re making and using powerful remedies that actually work! 💪 🌿 ❣️

But how often have you felt uncertain about whether your herbal medicines are safe and effective … or whether you’re even choosing the right preparation in the first place?

With the rising popularity of natural remedies, the internet has become flooded with fads and even dangerous advice. Trying to learn about herbs can often feel haphazard and overwhelming as you attempt to sort through information that is flat-out wrong, outdated, or overly simplified. 😤

Our friends Rosalee de la Forêt and Emily Han have created a free mini course to help you make herbal remedies that you can confidently rely on. Rosalee and Emily are the best-selling authors of Wild Remedies and Alchemy of Herbs, and they have lots of herbal goodies in store for you!

>>> Learn more about the Rooted Medicine Circle Mini Course here

In the Rooted Medicine Circle Mini Course, you’ll experience…

💻 A webinar on how to avoid 7 common herbal pitfalls
🍵 A workshop on how to make high quality herbal teas and when to use them
🌿 A community forum where you can connect with other herb lovers and learners

And more!

>>> Click here to get your mini course for free

To your health,

PS... The free mini course is available this week only.

>>> Go check it out here now

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

EGGPLANT, BRINJAL, AUBERGINE - THE NIGHTSHADE YOU NEED TO KNOW!​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

PINETREE'S GUIDE TO WINTER SOWING​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you know that Grow Your Own Vegetables has a YouTube channel? 😯

We wanted to invite you to see all of the great things we are doing!

Subscribe to our channel and check out…

💚 11 habits of a ‘green thumb’ grower
💚 Quick gardening tips
💚 Preventing pest and disease in your garden
💚 Gardening Masterclass trainings
💚 Gardening with Stacey Murphy
And more!

Please 'SUBSCRIBE' to our channel
. If we can show YouTube we have a following, we can do even more fun things with the channel. 🎉

Our vision is to help 100,000+ YouTube subscribers learn new gardening tips for inspiration and tricks to add to their garden routine.

Can you help us out?

>>> Subscribe to our new YouTube channel & watch new videos here

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3 Keys to Successful Indoor Seed Starting
Your baby plants need special care! Not unlike a human baby 👶

They need a clean environment, water, and lots of light. ☀️

Avoid the common mistakes made when starting seeds indoors. Watch this video for keys to grow strong seedlings and transplants. Stick around for the BONUS key at the end... it may be the difference between killing all your seeds and being able to growing healthy seedlings.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
🧑‍🌾 Utilize Your Gardening Skills for Starting a Business 💸
Here’s something a little bit different… do you have an idea for a business, or a project that you think could improve the quality of life here on Earth? The good news is that you can learn a lot about business from a garden.

People of all ages start businesses.

And you have an advantage as a gardener! 🤗

Join Grow Your Own Vegetables’ Founder, Stacey Murphy, for a brand new webinar 3 Successful Business Strategies from Gardening: How to Leverage the Wisdom of Nature to Create the Life You Want. She’s helped hundreds of people create their business plans and scale their impact in the world.

The event airs tomorrow and you’ll discover:

💜 How to cultivate your regenerative mindset no matter how little business experience you have
💜 Your first step in seeding a business that thrives in any financial season.
💜 Five essential questions you must answer to cultivate the right soil for your business to grow

You’ll leave with practical, actionable steps for making your business more resilient and better equipped to succeed. 💪

The webinar airs soon! Don’t miss this opportunity to grow your own business.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
💚 Easy Composting (and 5 mistakes to avoid) 💚
Composting is the natural process of turning organic matter, such as food scraps and leaves, into food for your soil. And the benefits of composting are overwhelming. It encourages the beneficial bacteria and fungi that break down this organic matter to create humus, a rich nutrient-filled material.

However, composting may seem confusing or even daunting. With this eGuide, Easy Composting: Five Common Compost Mistakes and How to Avoid Them, you can discover which composting style is right for your lifestyle.

Nature is rooting for you! 🌱

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just some stuff (tips) on onions. Onions are so easy everyone should grow them
Did you know...

you can freeze onions before chopping them to cut back on all the water works? 💧
Chopping Red Onions

When we slice into an onion and break up the cells of the plant, we're mixing enzymes with amino acids loaded up with all the sulfur the bulb has absorbed from the soil. It's this combination that releases the gas that irritates our eyes! Freezing slows down these enzyme interactions and helps prevent us from looking like we've just finished watching The Fox and The Hound.....(I'm tearing up just thinking about it).​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Jimi,
Today, I'm joined by Dr. Henry Ealy, who tells me he hates being "the bad guy"...
Every day I have to deliver bad news.
"I have to tell my new patients why the clot-shot made them so sick.
About all the health risks of spike proteins and shedding… And if they had the clot-shot how it was designed to modify DNA and make them a trans-human…"

When I do, I often hear the sick patient say this…
"My God, what else have I been LIED TO about?
"I wonder what else THEY haven't told me?"

Then, I tell them…
"THEY want to destroy God's divine design. THEY want to strike you in your heart. THEY want to modify your DNA because THEY want to take you away from God's divine design that you exist within, and away from God's loving touch."

Sometimes I get a really sick patient that has never heard any of this.
I know how hard all of this is to hear so I can understand their disbelief.

It's up to me to ease their fears and give them all the loving warmth inside me…
"Do you really want to continue to listen to Fauci, Big Pharma and all his corrupt money-hungry friends? Or do you wanna get your information from long-talking people like me who actually DO LOVE YOU and CARE ABOUT YOU?"
Many times my patients are so overwhelmed by it all and so sick they cry.
And that's when Dr. Ealy told me that he doesn't worry when this happens to a sick patient, because he knows it's a good healing cry.
If reading this story brought tears to your eyes, that's a good sign too.
Tears can always cleanse a heart full of pain.
After our talk, I'd say Dr. Henry Ealy has one of the biggest hearts I know.
You are NOT alone in this. All of us are here for you.
Every one of our 50+ doctors and medical experts has only one mission…
To help YOU get well with all the kindness and love we can give.
God has given us a guiding light focused on bringing you all the censored health information you need so you can help your body heal and be in the best possible health.

You'll hear the rest of Dr. Ealy's interview in today’s BRAND NEW Episode 9!​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Starting Peppers By Seed: 10 Tips For the Strongest Seedlings​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi, in just a couple weeks we’ll show how to get seeds once - and eat that food for life!
Over the past few years we’ve all seen first-hand how vulnerable our food system is, and we are at risk again in the very near future.
Thankfully, the answer is quite simple… and it’s worked for thousands of years.
In our signature free online event, Seed Up Saturday, you’ll see how to support and protect your food supply through saving seeds.
Whether you’re brand-new to seed saving, or you’re looking to boost your skills, this event has something for you.
Here’s a quick glimpse of what we’ll be covering:
• Local Seeds For Local Food •
See how to get local seeds so you can grow local food
(hint: it’s not what you’d expect).
• Seed Saving 101: How To Start Saving Seeds •
Get the basics on seed saving so you can start doing it yourself,
even if you’ve never done so before.
• How To Choose The Right Seeds •
Open pollinated? Hybrid? GMO? Heirloom? Truth is, the seeds that are right for your survival garden aren't as obvious as it seems. You’ll come away knowing the best seeds for you.
• Seed Saving Myths •
There are a lot of misconceptions about seed saving out there. We’re going to set the record straight so you can see it’s easier than you think.
• How To Store Seeds •
See how to preserve seeds so they’ll keep for decades.
When you know how to do this right, you’ll have seeds forever.
Attending this event is the best way to secure your food supply.
Seed Up Saturday airs February 25th, and there’s a replay if you can’t make it live.
Click here to register now!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We were talking with a Zoom room full of gardeners the other day when an “aha!” moment hit us over the head like a sack of potatoes. 🥔🥔🥔

After teaching millions of gardeners how to start their first gardens, we realized that there was ONE thing that made all the difference. One thing that made happy, successful gardeners.

This ONE thing was the difference between loving their garden…

…and feeling like they wanted to give up on gardening after just one season.

You know what it was?

The successful ones always START with an “inventory.”

When we say “inventory,” we mean they check what they have before they start. It’s the #1 thing they do first before moving a single clod of dirt or pulling the tiniest weed. And it’s not just making sure they have a shovel, healthy soil, seeds, or watering tools, either.

Most of all, they take an “inventory” of themselves. They check in with themselves and ask…

“Why am I gardening this season?”
“What’s my purpose?”

Almost every gardener we know who’s done this has gone on to have a gardening season filled with joy, love, and of course… a thriving garden full of fresh vegetables and herbs!

But here’s the catch… for a long time, there wasn’t an easy way to do this. Which is why we created the Joyful Gardener Virtual Event.

It’s our eGuide, Your First Step to Grow Organic Vegetables. And for a short time, you can download it right here for free:

>>> CLICK HERE Get Your FREE Pass to this Online Event Today

You will receive access to the upcoming 8-episode docuseries, The Joyful Gardener Virtual Event. We will be hosting it for thousands of gardeners like you this February 21st-28th. Stacey will be sharing all about…

🧠 MINDSET: Your first, simple step to an easy vegetable and herb garden.
☀️ CLIMATE: Allowing your LOCAL conditions to work for you and creating micro-climates.
🌱 SOIL: Regenerative fertility system that builds a stronger, more nutrient-rich garden each year.
💩 COMPOST: Compost style that works for your needs and delivers the fertility you need to your garden.
🫑 PLANTS: The secret to doubling your vegetable harvest in half the space.
💧 WATER: Master garden efficiency and eliminate unnecessary work with a water system that’s right for you.
🍅 HARVESTING: Getting the freshest, most flavorful food on your plate… and lots of it!
⛏️ TENDING: Giving plants exactly what they need in each stage of life.
🥳 SUCCESS: One thing you shouldn't spend any time doing in your garden (but most beginners do!).
🌿 REGENERATIVE: Complete step-by-step garden system for an abundant harvest no matter where you live.
👀 HIGHLIGHTS: Seeding, seed starting, transplanting, building raised beds, containers, soil basics, fertility schedules, fertilizers, compost systems, crop planning, succession planning, crop rotations, knowing what’s ripe, pruning, trellising, irrigation, pest and disease management, weed strategies, saving seeds, season extension, cover cropping, and modular systems that make everything easier!

>>> CLICK HERE TO Get Your Premier Ticket

But I’d recommend you do it sooner rather than later. Because the docuseries is AIRING very soon.

You’ll want to secure your Premier ticket before the episodes start airing.

We can’t wait to show you how fun and easy your gardening will be next season!

And you especially won’t want to skip these episodes if you are planning for your next growing season. This docuseries could completely change how you think about your garden forever.

We would tell you more, but we don’t want to give all our surprises away...

You’ll have to show up and see them for yourself. 😉

To Your Joyful Garden,

P.S. --- Like Ken, many past attendees have told us if they had this information when they were starting out, they could’ve saved years of time and had wheelbarrows full of extra food at harvest.

“The tips and explanations given in the Joyful Gardener will definitely save time and be rewarding for the harvest. One example is the 'Chop and Drop" method of soil mulching. I had not heard anyone explain that concept as understandably as Stacey.” - Ken A.

So please… do yourself and your family a favor and reserve your seat for the Joyful Gardener Docuseries today.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Dr. Robert Malone: The real reason why the US gov’t is ending the national COVID emergencies​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
Toxin Free: New 7-Part Docuseries
mail
mail
mail
mail
Dear Jim,
Our bodies have a naturally built-in detox system...
But it’s overworked and overloaded.
It simply CANNOT manage the huge amount of toxins we get bombarded with every day.
Only 5% of mystery symptoms are caused by genetic mutation. Health experts largely attribute the other 95% to the toxic overload that’s overwhelming your body’s ability to cope with external threats.
(You can watch this surprising video to discover how this is happening.)
These toxins are responsible for invisible “disabilities” like autoimmune diseases and mystery illnesses, like:
  • Inexplicable joint pain
  • Painful & uncomfortable bloating
  • Blurry vision & brain fog
  • Recurring fever
  • Worrying memory issues
  • Energy-zapping chronic fatigue
  • Heartbreaking infertility
  • Irregular heartbeat
  • Dizziness & tension headache
  • Swollen glands
  • Crohn’s or Lupus
And the main culprit is precisely this toxin build-up in our bodies.
It has been going on day after day, month after month, year after year—wrapping around our organs like a thin layer, causing them to SUFFOCATE.
And this toxic overload affects us and our families.
But I don’t want to make it seem even grimmer than it is...
Because there is a solution:
Friends and colleagues of mine have gathered 33 of the world’s leading environmental medical doctors and experts (like Dr Joel Fuhrman, Brian Vaszily, and Ocean Robbins) to go over the EXACT steps you can take to protect yourself from this invisible damage and secure a healthier future for yourself and your family.
They dive deep in the toxin side of autoimmune diseases, allergies, cancer, hormonal imbalances, weight issues, and mystery illnesses.
Discover here how you can start protecting yourself against the toxins that slowly but surely poison us.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"There are three things that are critical for healing: it's what you eat, moving your body, and learning how to reset your nervous system."

– Dr. Mark Hyman

If you haven’t heard of him, Dr. Mark Hyman is an expert physician, 14-time New York Times Best-Selling Author, and ex-columnist for The Huffington Post.

And he has dedicated his life to looking at the mechanics of health.

We, at Goodness Lover, focus a lot of our content on gut health, diet, and exercise. Resetting one’s nervous system, however, is something we all need help with.

So in Dr. Hyman’s brand-new video (which you can watch right now!), he introduces a holistic approach to resetting your nervous system – one that we can implement ourselves safely and at home.

You’ll discover:

• What resetting your nervous system can do for you (can it help you overcome chronic stress & illnesses, and have long-lasting health?)
  • One of the leading causes of chronic illness that people don't know about (this goes all the way back to childhood)
  • The trifecta that can keep you in a cycle of poor health
  • Why many of the patients who come to him are, in fact, doctors who are looking for solutions that work
  • The one common treatment you can try from home

And much more!

>> Watch this interview (It’s live now!)

It could provide a radical shift in your understanding of how to create real long-term health.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is one of the best!!!!!

If you or a loved one is concerned about cancer, go watch this video right now.

Seriously!

You've probably heard me talk about Chris Wark in my videos.

You may have read his cancer-healing story in my book.

You may have even seen some of my interviews with him over the years.

Did you know he actually spoke at my conference in San Diego back in 2014? Check out the photo below.

Well, he's making his entire 10 part cancer-healing and cancer-prevention masterclass free - and you don't want to miss it!

-->> Go here to get Chris' most up to date cancer-fighting masterclass information - free.

Chris was diagnosed with metastatic cancer in 2003, two days before Christmas, at just 26 years old.

When faced with intimidating odds of survival, Chris did the unthinkable...

He turned down chemotherapy.

His doctors told him he was “Insane”, and had very little support, but he knew he had to take a different path to restore his health. His was rationale was:

"If my body created it, maybe my body can heal it..."

Today… over 18 years later, Chris is alive and well, and cancer free, and his mission is to show the world how he and many others have healed holistically with nutrition and natural therapies.

If you're a patient, a caregiver, or you're serious about prevention, this course is for you.

Don't miss it!

Watch the trailer, read the incredible testimonials, get registered for free access, and tune in to watch this life-saving series.

(Check out this photo of Chris and I 9 years ago at one of my cancer conferences in San Diego!)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Improve Your Relationship’s Energy Field​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Today, I’m joined by the amazing and inspiring author, Shannon Rowan, to discuss her absolutely incredible book - and the impact AND solutions around EMF sensitivity! It’s a heck of a ride, and I know it will make a great addition to your health library.

Click the image below to listen ASAP - you have 48 hours to access this powerful and informative interview!

How Much Is Your Environment Affecting You

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

If you:

• Dislike the vegetables at the grocery store because they are waxy and smell of pesticides…
  • Have tried your own garden in the past…
  • Or are thinking about starting one this year…
Then we want to share the first step to growing an organic garden (F.REE book download).

Our friend Stacey Murphy, long-time gardener and gardening instructor, wanted to help as many people as she could…

To easily grow their own gardens at home, no matter their living space or experience.

With this downloadable book, you’ll discover:

• The number one fertilizer for your garden (it’s not what you think!)
  • Matching your goals to your personality and lifestyle for garden success
  • The eight types of garden heroes, which one you are… and what that means about what you grow and how.
>> and she’s giving it away for right here

To abundance,

The Health Answers Team

P.S. you don’t need a ‘green-thumb’ to get started on your garden. All you need is the willingness to learn, and Stacey. 😁

>> start growing your happy place

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Jimi

It’s been a busy and exciting week at Growing Farmers. We have over 11,000 gardeners, homesteaders, and small farmers participating in this year’s elderberry workshop series. And no wonder…there’s a wealth of information in there!

This year, we added new speakers: John Moody, who literally wrote the book on elderberries; Charlie Little, whose health condition led him in search of better solutions; and Marty and Sara Cox, two teachers who, last year, planted 1000 elderberry plants to start a business, with the goal of retiring one of them and creating a viable family business.

Here are some of the takeaways we’re hearing…

mail

mail

mail

If you’re not already in, there’s still time to join us for this free online workshop. You can catch the previous sessions in the workshop page, and we’ll have two more coming this weekend.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Saving you from disappointment …​

Millions of people started growing food for the first time recently because health became more of a priority, which is awesome.
But how did it go for all the new gardeners?
For many of them, they had disappointing results due to being undertrained and underprepared.
They should have first been trained by my friend and colleague, Stacey Murphy!
Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart Radio, PBS Growing a Greener World, even the David Letterman show.
Her courses and events have helped well over a million people to discover the secrets of a successful garden.
The learning curve is so steep the first and second year growing food, and one minor mistake at the start of a growing season can set you up for months of pests, diseases, and weeds instead of the abundant harvest you want.
Worse ... mistakes made in the first year make it even harder the second year.
Stacey wants to help people avoid unknowingly setting themselves up for disappointment instead of the garden JOY they want.
So she’s peeling back the curtain to give you a sneak peek at her beloved Grow Your Own Vegetables online course that has helped 1000s of gardeners... even seasoned growers with years of experience.
Typically, you have to pay to gain access. However, she is going to share much of it for FREE in an 8-Episode Docuseries called the Joyful Gardener Virtual Event, February 21 - 28.
>> Sign up here.
It is going to be THE garden event of the year!You’ll discover these plant-saving tips:
MINDSET: Your first, simple step to an easy vegetable and herb garden
CLIMATE: Allowing your LOCAL conditions to work for you and creating microclimates.
SOIL: Regenerative fertility system that builds a stronger, more nutrient-rich garden each year.
COMPOST: Compost style that works for your needs and delivers the fertility you need to your garden.
PLANTS: The secret to doubling your vegetable harvest in half the space.
WATER: Master garden efficiency and eliminate unnecessary work with a water system that’s right for you.
HARVESTING: Getting the freshest, most flavorful food on your plate… and lots of it!
TENDING: Giving plants exactly what they need in each stage of life.
SUCCESS: One thing you shouldn't spend any time doing in your garden (but most beginners do!).
REGENERATIVE: Complete step-by-step garden system for an abundant harvest no matter where you live.
HIGHLIGHTS: Seeding, seed starting, transplanting, building raised beds, containers, soil basics, fertility schedules, fertilizers, compost systems, crop planning, succession planning, crop rotations, knowing what’s ripe, pruning, trellising, irrigation, pests and disease management, weed strategies, saving seeds, season extension, cover cropping, and modular systems that make everything easier!
Every episode is GARDENING GOLD and adds a vital piece of the puzzle to help you grow food with ease.
Plus, you’ll get to meet students who have put all of this into practice sharing what made their gardens successful.
The best part is that if you sign up today, you can watch ALL 8 episodes FREE of charge.
Click here to save your spot .
Imagine how you will feel making a huge positive impact on you and your loved ones’ health with all that fresh food.
When you sign up, you’ll immediately gain access to Your First Step to Grow Organic Vegetables & Herbs. Then you'll receive emails in the coming days notifying you when the docuseries goes LIVE.
Reserve your spot for the February Joyful Gardener Virtual Event here.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hi Jimi,

Have you ever wondered how certain gardeners get their vegetables to thrive as well as they do?

You’d be amazed at how much research it actually takes to grow a healthy garden (no one’s thumb starts green)...

Long time gardener and garden instructor Stacey Murphy wanted to share her knowledge on how to grow these anti-cancer foods just about anywhere…

In her Joyful Gardener video series (f.ree to watch).

Where you’ll discover:

• How to grow the FRESHEST, most nutrient-rich foods right at home
  • Why people claim they have a “brown thumb” and what to do instead
  • What most gardeners don’t tell you about plants
  • A step-by-step system that produces vegetables and herbs for your whole family in a space the size of a car.
  • Case studies from around the world that show you how to do this anywhere, anytime, in any space.
>> how to grow vegetables the easy way

In health,

The Conquering Cancer team

P.S. It’s an unfortunate fact…

…but studies have shown that 50% of all nutrient value leaves vegetables by the time they reach the tables of our local grocery stores.

And if you’re tired of the waxy feel or unappetizing taste of pesticides left over on the vegetables you buy…

Take it upon yourself to build a garden, not only for your health, but for the health of your loved ones too.

>> watch this video to learn more

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jimi,
Saving seeds is a key skill that everyone needs in order to be prepared.
It’s the secret to an unlimited food supply so you won’t go hungry.
Whether you’re new to seed saving or you want more advanced techniques, we got you.
We cover everything you need to get started in Seed Up Saturday.
In this virtual event we share our years of experience - plus we’ll be answering questions live on the call.
We’ve helped thousands of people start seed saving, so we know what you need and will share:
➜ How to get started, even if you’ve never saved a seed in your life
➜ How to sidestep common pitfalls where people often get stuck
➜ Our favorite resources and tools for seed saving
➜ What kind of seeds you should start with
➜ The proper way to store seeds so they last for decades
…. And more
And since getting others in your community to save seeds is key to protecting your own food supply, you’ll also have information you can share with others.
Here’s what attendee Melissa DeSa said about one of our seed trainings:
  • "Their depth of knowledge on the full range of seeds is impressive and inspiring; from technical how-to and biology, to teaching strategies, and modern day challenges."
We cannot wait for anyone else to do this work for us. It is up to each of us.
And we couldn’t agree more… it IS up to us.
So skill up by joining Seed Up Saturday where you’ll get everything you need to get started, and to advance your seed saving skills.
Click here to register!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

You know what kick-started my journey into using real foods and eating more vegetables?

Growing vegetables in a couple of raised beds on our city lot.

There’s nothing like putting the work (and love) into raising veggies to spur you to find ways to use them up!

The more I grew, the more new recipes I tried - and then the more I wanted to grow the next year.

It’s like a perpetuating cycle, but in a good way because you are growing and eating things you grow and not wanting any of it to go to waste.

If you’re wanting to grow food, already growing some, or want to expand your range, starting your veggies from seeds is a great first or next step.

You save money, control the timing and have options of a LOT more varieties.

Plus, it’s easy - I promise!

seeds falling from packet on soil

More Easy Gardening Tips:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi,

We’re just 1 week away from Seed Up Saturday; click here to get your free ticket!

Growing your own food is a good idea because it secures your food supply.

But it also helps to keep that food around in the future.

Let me explain…

A disaster many people haven’t necessarily thought about is the very real threat of losing entire varieties of food.

Take the banana for example.

There’s basically only 1 kind of commercially produced banana in the world.

And it’s literally on the brink of extinction.

Thanks to industrial agriculture, banana varieties are now so similar that they could be entirely wiped out by a virus, pest, or fungus… and it’s come THIS CLOSE a number of times.

Can you imagine a world without bananas?

And that’s just ONE example.

Thankfully, there’s a simple way we can protect our food...make it biodiverse!

When someone grows and saves seeds in their own garden, it changes a little. It adapts to where they are.

Every time that seed is planted-saved-replanted it changes a little more…

Each growing season, it gets a little more unique and more adapted to your area.

With more people planting and saving seeds, each plant will have millions of variations.

This means that someone will have a variation that is ‘different enough’ so it survives, even when other plants are wiped out.

Saving seeds protects your own food supply - and the entire species of food.

We’re just a week away from Seed Up Saturday where we share how to get, collect and preserve seeds that you can use in your survival garden.

Click here to get your ticket!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How To Grow Edible Mushrooms Without a Kit​

Get started with these fungi facts and learn how to grow mushrooms indoors. Build soil fertility and sustainability while discovering how to grow edible mushrooms without a kit right at home.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Chicken of the Woods: Identification and Recipe​

It's easy to master chicken of the woods identification, so learn where to find chicken of the woods and start foraging mushrooms now!​

VU Sponsors