Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How are you enjoying the Unkamen 28ga SS430? I hope you are happy with it!

Cheers,
Steve
I love the Unkamen ss430. That's why I was gonna order more 430 but now hearing this I'll just stick with Unkamen and the 28g they have. Just wanted to do some ss430 claptons. Oh well. Thanks for the recommendation like always...
;)

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey @Wingsfan0310 I have a question. I noticed on my vt133 when I'm vaping with my herakles v2 subohm tank the ohms fluctuate up and down from a .28 to a .3 and back down. There at a .28 and when I press the fire button and vape they rise and when I stop they come back down. I'm vaping in power mode at 55 watts. Just wondering if this is normal??

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @Wingsfan0310 I have a question. I noticed on my vt133 when I'm vaping with my herakles v2 subohm tank the ohms fluctuate up and down from a .28 to a .3 and back down. There at a .28 and when I press the fire button and vape they rise and when I stop they come back down. I'm vaping in power mode at 55 watts. Just wondering if this is normal??
Yes in Power Mode you have a real time resistance reading. So as the coil is heating up you see the resistance rise.

In TC you see the cold ohms resistance. You don't want to see it fluctuate in TC.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been going back and forth on that as well. Part of me thinks it's a Supreme it will be good. Part of me wonders if they didn't have to make compromises in order to meet the EU regs (2ml tanks). I have one in my cart but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm trying to decide if I want to order more full size Supremes (Which I know I like). Or if I want a smaller one to order the 4ml full sized Supreme (it will taste the same or better but I will be filling it like a mofo). Decisions, Decisions. What do you guys think?

i'm just wondering if the length of the chimney is making a difference re taste ... don't have either so can't really compare .. yet

totally did not see this till i posted ... swear! ;p
Edit @SmilinVapor Do you notice any flavor difference between the 4ml and 7ml Supremes?

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wait... confused ... I thought we didn't lock the ohms in TC mode so that the chip would read in real time? but if the ohms don't fluctuate with heat/temp rise and fall .. then not seeing the point. - What am I missing?
In TC, whays displayed on the mod is "cold" resistance. Resistance changes as heat rises, BUT...that is not displayed BC it's not used for the calculations. Basically what Steve was saying is that if the resistance fluctuates in TC mode, then that would indicate a different issue...most likely a bad Atty connection of sorts...I hope that makes sense.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wait... confused ... I thought we didn't lock the ohms in TC mode so that the chip would read in real time? but if the ohms don't fluctuate with heat/temp rise and fall .. then not seeing the point. - What am I missing?
The mod shows you the cold ohm resistance in TC. It basically locks itself. The resistance does rise but the display doesn't show it. It shows you what it has locked in. The mod is comparing the rise so it knows when it reaches your set Temperature.

The only difference between manually locking is it shuts off the refinement circuitry. With refinement on the mod monitors the coil once it has cooled down and if the cold ohm resistance has changed it will change (refine) the cold ohm resistance to the new value. As coils break in the resistance can/will change slightly. I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
Steve

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve.. just thinking .. wondering if the unkamen being 'nickel free' and standard 430 having even a small amount (think i saw less than 1%) if that nickel could be whats throwing off the chip ? Thoughts?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve.. just thinking .. wondering if the unkamen being 'nickel free' and standard 430 having even a small amount (think i saw less than 1%) if that nickel could be whats throwing off the chip ? Thoughts?
I'm not sure. I know I had to dramatically raise the TCR from .00138 to .00175 to get a decent puff but even then I was getting a jagged TC graph. I know SS is an alloy so I'm thinking the mixture is off and not by a little to cause the TCR to be off by that much.

Cheers,
Steve

PS If I had to raise it to .0014 or so, that wouldn't be bad, but this is way off imo

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If my covers ever seem to get loose, I remove them and gently squeeze the open end. That works like a charm

@Steve @Wingsfan0310 I did
I never tried that. If you try it and have good luck with it. I'd appreciate a heads up. Now you have me thinking which is a dangerous thing :D

Cheers,
Steve

I did experiment and it worked perfectly NO MORE RATTLE OF THE BATTERY COVER, I used a tape which came with sponge but you can use magnetic tape as well I am sure it will work perfectly. Thought this might help someone, Thanks

Special Thanks for my buddy @mjag whose advices are making my vaping life much more easier.

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to file a claim with Paypal and contact Crazy Wire about this BS!

Still the weekend, but I was hoping you'd mention any correspondence you'd had with them at CrazyWire and we could follow suit. A direct point of contact could help if we approach them as a group of forum acquaintances.

No worries though. I'm not hurting for wire, just anxious to get my 430/304 on. :p

But, I haven't even opened any of my spools yet, so...

I know SS is an alloy so I'm thinking the mixture is off and not by a little to cause the TCR to be off by that much.

I've got 304 and 316 Clapton wire in my order. Do we know if it's confined to just the 430?
If it's an alloy cock-up, I'd expect so.

If it's a fulfillment issue (don't drink and warehouse ;) ) then it could extend to labeling coming off the spoolers (trying to picture the ways an error could creep into a wire production environment, it's a bit out of my bailiwick. Get it... "bailiwick". I'll get my coat. :oops: ).

:D

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes they are different. The Lite is a 23mm Supreme that comes with a 2ml tank to meet the EU regs and a 5ml extension tank but with a 14.2mm build deck.

The 4 and 7ml Supreme are 25mm tanks with a 16.5mm build deck.

Just ordered a Lite a few hours ago... from FT. Should suit me fine.
Along with a variety of bits and bobs, but nothing that wasn't ready to ship.
Need to learn the ins and outs of FT/GB shipping practices, but that seemed prudent.

If only I could remember who put me on to an entire FT page of 'Mizer product. :rolleyes:

:p:p:p

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For a short period of time, Vapenw.com sold a real 1300mAH Lipo pack tailor made for the VT200. I emailed the site representatives and their response was that there weren't going to be any further lipos for sale specifically for the device and that the device itself will no longer be available-at least through their site-after the remaining few sell out. I had order one of those remaining few. Afterwards, browsing the net, I still see "sold out" VT200s but the mod appears along side other available mods which puzzles me. Go to vapenw.com and see that it's still listed there as well as the Hcigar Lipo pack but adding to cart leads to "sold out". I know it's not made any longer but they and other sites should remove the mod from the list of products for sale. With that being said, I don't have a problem with the battery life and actually think it lasts rather long compared to what many lipo-only mod owners claim 1100mAH 3 cell Lithium Polymer batteries can last for their usage. Although I am OCD about amperage and use VTC4s (which mooch says are 2000mAH, not 2100mAH as Sony claims) and LG HB4s which are between 1500mAH and 1600mAH also according to Mooch. I don't get much life from a dual 18650 regulated box mod running at 90W but the Lipo in my VT200 suprised me and is just fine for me. I am constantly swapping newer LG 30amp and 25amp batteries because the DNA 200 chip doesn't taste quite right compared to 18660 powered mods, though if you can get your hands on an Hcigar VT200, the Lipo that comes with it is good enough that risking the device altogether and installing random 3-s 1300mah or greater packs is not worth it given the satisfactory time I can use that mod without worrying about the charge.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Steve @Wingsfan0310 I did

I did experiment and it worked perfectly NO MORE RATTLE OF THE BATTERY COVER, I used a tape which came with sponge but you can use magnetic tape as well I am sure it will work perfectly. Thought this might help someone, Thanks

Special Thanks for my buddy @mjag whose advices are making my vaping life much more easier.

I appreciate the mention bud but you deserves all the credit for alleviating the battery door rattle. I am going to have to tag you for giving me advice, I really need advice :D

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
'm not sure. I know I had to dramatically raise the TCR from .00138 to .00175 to get a decent puff but even then I was getting a jagged TC graph. I know SS is an alloy so I'm thinking the mixture is off and not by a little to cause the TCR to be off by that much.

that makes more sense - It does seem that there is a lot of latitude in the alloy composition specs, so whenever we order 430, batch & supplier of the source is gonna be a factor. Nothing more that we can do short of getting a sample first. Even then, time from sample to 'recommend' or order placed might be between batches / composition changes. Like it isn't hard enough with all the Government interference. :headbang:

I get 316 fused and regular Clapton from
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/
Not the first time hearing that these guys are decent, will probably place a test order here.
Looking over their site it seems that they are planning on carrying 430SS so that could be good news as well !

Monday i will be contacting them and see what they say about the 25g. I haven't tested the 27g ss that i purchased so i can't comment on that wire. I apologize to any member, I recommend the 25g wire too. My previous purchase of this wire was spot on and surely wouldn't recommend anything i has not used before and have tested myself.
Awesome! Totally not on you, these issues with this latest wire from them. I will put in a contact to them as well after you hear back. Thank you sir.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get 316 fused and regular Clapton from
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/

Just sent a 'contact us' email requesting info for an ETA of 430 spool and claptons - will post up any reply

I like the "We clean and sterilize all of our wire thoroughly. We also vape on our coils so we know how important this is!"

nice marketing to be sure .. but sounds as tho they will stand behind their products.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just sent a 'contact us' email requesting info for an ETA of 430 spool and claptons - will post up any reply

I like the "We clean and sterilize all of our wire thoroughly. We also vape on our coils so we know how important this is!"

nice marketing to be sure .. but sounds as tho they will stand behind their products.
been using their wire exclusively since January and I have nothing negative to say at all

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
first I saw with blue - looks nice!

1469151902009539750.jpg

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still the weekend, but I was hoping you'd mention any correspondence you'd had with them at CrazyWire and we could follow suit. A direct point of contact could help if we approach them as a group of forum acquaintances.

No worries though. I'm not hurting for wire, just anxious to get my 430/304 on. :p

But, I haven't even opened any of my spools yet, so...

I've got 304 and 316 Clapton wire in my order. Do we know if it's confined to just the 430?
If it's an alloy cock-up, I'd expect so.

If it's a fulfillment issue (don't drink and warehouse ;) ) then it could extend to labeling coming off the spoolers (trying to picture the ways an error could creep into a wire production environment, it's a bit out of my bailiwick. Get it... "bailiwick". I'll get my coat. :oops: ).

:D

The email i sent was to [email protected]
I don't think there was a issue besides the ss430 wire? I personally only tested the 25g and could tell the taste was off.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like they also did away with the screw in the battery cap. I thought that screw was kind of janky.

Cheers,
Steve
I don't like their bottom cap (screw) once threads stripped mod is useless, had bad experience with ipv mini 70w

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The email i sent was to [email protected]
I don't think there was a issue besides the ss430 wire? I personally only tested the 25g and could tell the taste was off.

Thanks.
I've lost track of who ordered what, that's why my subtle nod to Steve.

The 304 should be okay, but until we get a little further into whatever we do with CrazyWire, if I roll anything I'll try the 316 Clapton wire... they outsource that.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks.

The 304 should be okay, but until we get a little further into whatever we do with CrazyWire, if I roll anything I'll try the 316 Clapton wire... they outsource that.
Ha Ha Ha.

I sent them a message as well. I'm starting to think we should have just referenced this thread. :p:D:giggle:.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't order 304. I did get some Clapton wire that I haven't opened yet. Until I hear from them I'm not trying anything else from the order. If I need to return it, I'm returning everything. I only tried the 25ga SS430 yesterday and that was as far as I cared to go.

PS I just got my order yesterday

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks.

Jim.... That's what i discussed with Steve also. Their 316 Clapton and A1-Alien wire is outsourced according to the website. It looks good, i will test some later and give you my opinion. That was 90% percent of my order.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is what my order from last year looked like. They also changed the labels and the wireo_O

View attachment 57296
let me know how that goes for you!
I have a few spools of that and I'm getting weirdness compared to unkamen
looks like the 316 should
this is the 430
2016-07-23 (4).png

this is stainless Clapton from lightening vapes
2016-07-23 (6).png

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that's the SS430 from CW then my graphs were at least as bad, I was getting an after taste as well along with having to crank the TCR way up. Something was definitely not right with batch I received

CW SS430 with the right TCR - limited almost immediately
upload_2016-7-23_14-22-28-png.57241

CW SS430 with SS410 TCR, still cool and limiting way to quick
upload_2016-7-23_14-22-28-png.57241

CW SS430 this was the best I could get with the TCR cranked up to .00175 to have it behave like the Unkamen SS430 heat and vapor wise
upload_2016-7-23_15-13-7-png.57251

Unkamen SS430 with the proper SS430 TCR (.00138)
upload_2016-6-8_17-44-46-png.56185

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I cant see oyur charts..
youre saying you had similar results to their 430?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cant see oyur charts..
youre saying you had similar results to their 430?
My CW SS430 TC graphs were like SS316. On top of that it produced almost no vapor at the proper TCR and tasted off leaving a hard to describe aftertaste in my mouth. Are my charts not showing up? I have them on my screen.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My CW SS430 TC graphs were like SS316. On top of that it produced almost no vapor at the proper TCR and tasted off leaving a hard to describe aftertaste in my mouth. Are my charts not showing up? I have them on my screen.

Cheers,
Steve
yeah this is why I never got on the 0430 train to Moscow... or Italy.
the 316 graph doesn't look smooth but the vape is smooth.. versus the CW430 graph that looks like choppy and vapes like poopoo

so I guess ill try getting a spool from ukeman

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
let me know how that goes for you!
I have a few spools of that and I'm getting weirdness compared to unkamen
looks like the 316 should
this is the 430
View attachment 57300

this is stainless Clapton from lightening vapes
View attachment 57301

So you are saying the old wire did the same thing? Did it have a off taste about it? I didn't have a DNA mod until a couple of months ago, so i wouldn't be able to see any graphs of the old wire until recently. It never tasted weird, like their new SS wire.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So you are saying the old wire did the same thing? Did it have a off taste about it? I didn't have a DNA mod until a couple of months ago, so i wouldn't be able to see any graphs of the old wire until recently. It never tasted weird, like their new SS wire.
I got bad taste from the cw430-- but I also get a terrible taste from titanium too (different bad)

the 316 vapes perfect and the 316 claptons and fused Clapton's from advanced and lightnening vapes seem to vape smoother than the simple round wire coils with round wire from UD

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got bad taste from the cw430-- but I also get a terrible taste from titanium too (different bad)

the 316 vapes perfect and the 316 claptons and fused Clapton's from advanced and lightnening vapes seem to vape smoother than the simple round wire coils with round wire from UD

I also use that wire myself:D

IMG_5091.JPG IMG_5090.JPG

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey @Wingsfan0310 what happens if you accidentally load a pdf file onto your device. I was loading your updated setting for my vt133 and forgot to make it a ecig file. I caught myself and changed it to a ecig file and reloaded it. Just wondering what can happen if anything. Don't want to damage my mod. And this might be a dum question but im curious. Doesn't seem like it did anything. Thanks

VU Sponsors