Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ecig has hotcig 200 for around 75 with code. Not my style, thought I'd pass it along though.
That was on my first DNA200's. It's a good mod, but no curves, it's really the definition of a box mod :D. I don't want to give the impression it's bad, but I wouldn't buy it now after getting some of the mods I now have. Just not ergonomic at all. It's tough though, it flew out of my pocket while I was getting out of my car, skipped at least 10 feet down a cement driveway. The battery separated off the mod. My Bellus's glass tank broke. The mad had some scratches and nicks, but still works perfectly to this day.

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That was on my first DNA200's. It's a good mod, but no curves, it's really the definition of a box mod :D. I don't want to give the impression it's bad, but I wouldn't buy it now after getting some of the mods I now have. Just not ergonomic at all. It's tough though, it flew out of my pocket while I was getting out of my car, skipped at least 10 feet down a cement driveway. The battery separated off the mod. My Bellus's glass tank broke. The mad had some scratches and nicks, but still works perfectly to this day.

Cheers,
Steve
Real men prefer curves...The hotcig never caught my eye. Plus I think with all the 18650's I have I really would not use it as much.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Steve....Isn't the board like $50 bucks if you buy them one at a time?

Haven't looked at the evolve site in a while...perhaps I'm wrong.

Regardless, for 79 bucks with free shipping...the 133 is perfect. Seldom do I vape at more than 50-60 watts, and I dislike the bulky three battery mods.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Cheers,
Steve
As I've said before, I'm done with lipo mods. I have absolutely no use for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Regardless, for 79 bucks with free shipping...the 133 is perfect. Seldom do I vape at more than 50-60 watts, and I dislike the bulky three battery mods.
Yeah, I just recently caved into the rx200. ecig got it to me for 28 bucks. Great pice... Not a big fan of the form factor. It'll go to the backup shelf.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

On Evolv's site, the DNA200 board is still $80. That's why I couldn't believe the price of this mod. With the recent 20% off sale, the whole mod was cheaper than the board itself. Just an unbelievable deal imo.
http://www.evolvapor.com/dna200.php

Cheers,
Steve

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On Evolv's site, the DNA200 board is still $80. That's why I couldn't believe the price of this mod. With the recent 20% off sale, the whole mod was cheaper than the board itself. Just an unbelievable deal imo.
http://www.evolvapor.com/dna200.php

Cheers,
Steve
Holy shit....the manufacturers must get one hell of a price break buying bulk.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I've said before, I'm done with lipo mods. I have absolutely no use for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Well I don't dislike Lipos as much as you do. As a matter of fact, I'm using my Blood Red Lavabox as I'm typing this. I just built the Merlin I got today and decided to put it on the Lavabox. It's lighter and smaller than the VT133. It's the first time I've used one of my Lipos since getting my 1st VT133 (those are all I've been using, since getting my first one).

The Merlin is actually a pretty nice tank. It's definitely a change of pace compared to the Aromamizer Supremes I've been using for awhile now. It's smaller (23mm, holds 4ml) and on the Lavabox it makes a really nice pairing (just a nice change of pace).

The thing about Lipos is they are smaller and lighter but there is no getting around the battery life sucks and not being able to easily swap them sucks as well. I also rebuilt my Supreme which is on a VT133 that I'm vaping on too (Two Fisted Vaper) :D

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm glad you like it. The only thing people really would need to change would be watt hours (if using different batteries) and wattage/preheat/punch depending on their preference.

PS I have a battery discharge curve for 25R's I can send you if you would like. I don't think it would make much difference, but the offer stands. Just let me know.

Cheers,
Steve
Would you send those profile over to me? You may have already and I missed them. Thanks!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you send those profile over to me? You may have already and I missed them. Thanks!
I uploaded my Ecig file that has 7 profiles with custom screens, custom theme, case thermals, mod resistance, LG HG2 battery discharge curve, watt hours, etc. You just load it and the mod is completely set up. It's in this post with instructions on how to load it:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt133-dual-18650-dna200.171476/page-7#post-1181938

The only thing extra I sent was a discharge curve for Samsung 25R's. If you need that I'd be glad to send it my friend. By the way, I'm liking the Merlin quite a bit so far.

If you need the Samsung 25R discharge curve let me know.

Cheers,
Steve

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I uploaded my Ecig file that has 7 profiles with custom screens, custom theme, case thermals, mod resistance, LG HG2 battery discharge curve, watt hours, etc. You just load it and the mod is completely set up. It's in this post with instructions on how to load it:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt133-dual-18650-dna200.171476/page-7#post-1181938

The only thing extra I sent was a discharge curve for Samsung 25R's. If you need that I'd be glad to send it my friend. By the way, I'm liking the Merlin quite a bit so far.

If you need the Samsung 25R discharge curve let me know.

Cheers,
Steve
THANK YOU!!! :) I'm using HG2's which I think is what you have it set for, so should be good. I'm really impressed with the Merlin. I got the black one, which is really nice, but it's hard to see the juice flow because the glass is charcoal. It was really easy to build and wick (except for the notch coil) so I may be going back after the stainless version. With the August 8 garbage approaching I'm not buying anything other than rebuildable tanks. I'm sure I have too many mods and I love the Crown for a non buildable (and I must have a lifetime supply of coil heads for it which I got from ecig on one of Joe's deals).

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
THANK YOU!!! :) I'm using HG2's which I think is what you have it set for, so should be good. I'm really impressed with the Merlin. I got the black one, which is really nice, but it's hard to see the juice flow because the glass is charcoal. It was really easy to build and wick (except for the notch coil) so I may be going back after the stainless version. With the August 8 garbage approaching I'm not buying anything other than rebuildable tanks. I'm sure I have too many mods and I love the Crown for a non buildable (and I must have a lifetime supply of coil heads for it which I got from ecig on one of Joe's deals).
Your Welcome my friend! I'm always happy to help. Yes I do have it set up with the HG2's discharge curve and watt hours so you are golden. If you use the Ecig file, let me know what you think (when you get a chance).

PS I have the SS Merlin :)

Cheers,
Steve

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Your Welcome my friend! I'm always happy to help. Yes I do have it set up with the HG2's discharge curve and watt hours so you are golden. If you use the Ecig file, let me know what you think (when you get a chance).

Cheers,
Steve
I'm going to try and load it up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes or scream for help :) Thanks again!!!

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve

Hey Steve,

I have a couple different sets of batteries, one set of VTC4s, a couple sets of LG HE4s, that I plan to use in my VT133. What's the benefit, how significant is it, to have a specific "discharge curve" set into a DNA200 mod? I'm just curious for some perspective on how particular I should be in setting up and the fine details in escribe for my new mod.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have each batteries discharge curve. Now if I was going from Lipo to 18650's I would change it. I'd be more likely to change the watt hours if I was going from a 2000mah to a 3000mah battery. But even then, the watts hours only effect the accuracy of the battery meter.

I'll give you an example. I have LG HG2's and Samsung 25R's (3000mah and 2500mah). If I was switching between them I wouldn't switch my settings. Now if I use to use 1 then was switching over permanently, I'd change settings.

The thing is, you won't damage your cells either way. The mod has both a soft and hard cutoff that goes by the cells voltage. The only thing that will be off is the battery meter.
EX: If you have it set for 3000mah (22 WH) but use a 2500mah you would get the weak battery signal when the meter still shows some charge. I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I hope that answer makes sense. It's late here and I'm half asleep. I can try again in the morning if needed

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Steve,

I have a couple different sets of batteries, one set of VTC4s, a couple sets of LG HE4s, that I plan to use in my VT133. What's the benefit, how significant is it, to have a specific "discharge curve" set into a DNA200 mod? I'm just curious for some perspective on how particular I should be in setting up and the fine details in escribe for my new mod.
It's morning and I'm not half asleep so I'll try this again.

This is way I see it. The Battery Discharge curve is used in conjunction with the set watt hours to make the battery meter accurate. If the meter went solely by the voltage, you would see a huge drop-off in the end. I'm theorizing here, but I believe it uses the curve to let the chip know how much charge you have left. Then the watt hours are used so the meter moves in a linear way (so it doesn't go from 40% to 0% in two puffs because of the steep drop off in the end).

The soft/hard cell cutoff tells the mod at what voltage to give the "Weak Battery" message and stop firing. You can set the Soft Cell to what you want, but Evolv programs in the Hard Cell cutoff to prevent you from damaging your batteries if you set it too low. I believe the Hard Cell cutoff is set at 2.85v and can't be changed.

I hope this post makes more sense.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wonder why it's so much cheaper there than if you get them directly from Evolv?
At Evolv it's $80 for 1 and $650 for 10.

Cheers,
Steve
maybe evolv doesn't want to deal with selling 1 board. They probably would prefer to make deals selling hundreds at a time.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anybody have a pic they can share of a 24mm topper on the 133. I have my eyes on either the avocado 24mm or the limitless. Thanks.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the Griffin 25 but I believe the base is 24 on the Yellow one.
IMG_20160519_190839_zps64aegmmj.jpg

And here
IMG_20160519_190747_zps2vztwiu4.jpg

Same Griffin on the Blue one here
IMG_20160603_112931_zpsxnpzjzy5.jpg

Here's a closer picture of a VT133 with a 25mm Aromamizer Supreme on it
IMG_20160523_200217_zpstckxf4s0.jpg

Sorry, I don't have a closeup of the Griffin on a VT133.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm also not 100% sure the base is 24mm, it might be 24.5mm. By looking at the pictures you can see it's smaller than the other 25mm RTA's pictured (Billow V3 Plus and a Supreme)

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

This is way I see it. The Battery Discharge curve is used in conjunction with the set watt hours to make the battery meter accurate. If the meter went solely by the curve, you would see a huge drop-off in the end. I'm theorizing here, but I believe it uses the curve to let the chip know how much charge you have left. Then the watt hours are used so the meter moves in a linear way (so it doesn't go from 40% to 0% in two puffs because of the steep drop off in the end).

The soft/hard cell cutoff tells the mod at what voltage to give the "Weak Battery" message and stop firing. You can set the Soft Cell to what you want, but Evolv programs in the Hard Cell cutoff to prevent you from damaging your batteries if you set it too low. I believe the Hard Cell cutoff is set at 2.85v and can't be changed.

Cheers,
Steve
Makes sense here....thanks for the info Steve....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is the Griffin 25 but I believe the base is 24 on the Yellow one.
IMG_20160519_190839_zps64aegmmj.jpg

And here
IMG_20160519_190747_zps2vztwiu4.jpg

Same Griffin on the Blue one here
IMG_20160603_112931_zpsxnpzjzy5.jpg

Here's a closer picture of a VT133 with a 25mm Aromamizer Supreme on it
IMG_20160523_200217_zpstckxf4s0.jpg

Sorry, I don't have a closeup of the Griffin on a VT133.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm also not 100% sure the base is 24mm, it might be 24.5mm. By looking at the pictures you ccan see it's smaller than the other 25mm RTA's pictured (Billow V3 Plus and a Supreme)
Nice looking family...!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Couldn't resist and had to order another vt133 from ecig. I love the feel of this mod in my hand!!! Also ordered a avocado 24. It'll be my first genie style tank. Pretty excited.
Steve I switch between hg2 and 25r in my vt133 and have those profiles loaded up you posted earlier. You said those were setup for hg2. What would be the wh and battery curve for 25r. Or will I be OK just keeping it the way it is and switching between the two?? Sorry if you already answered... thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couldn't resist and had to order another vt133 from ecig. I love the feel of this mod in my hand!!! Also ordered a avocado 24. It'll be my first genie style tank. Pretty excited.
Steve I switch between hg2 and 25r in my vt133 and have those profiles loaded up you posted earlier. You said those were setup for hg2. What would be the wh and battery curve for 25r. Or will I be OK just keeping it the way it is and switching between the two?? Sorry if you already answered... thanks
The Ecig file is set up with HG2's. The watt hours for 25R's is 18.5WH. If I was switching back and forth, I probably wouldn't change the settings. Basically the WH and curve would only make the battery meter more accurate. For Example when it's set up for HG2's the WH are 22.2. So if your running 25R's (18.5 WH) you will get the "Weak Battery" message with life still showing on the battery meter. I do have a 25R CSV file that I could send you, but like I said if I was switching back and forth, the most I would do is change the Watt Hours. Just let me know if you want the file and I'll PM it to you.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the Samsung 25R discharge curve. I don't think it will really make a big difference because I don't think the curves are radically different. The main thing is setting the watt hours (Samsung 25R's are 18.5WH) to make your battery bar more accurate.

First download the file to your PC. Then>>>
It's basically the same song and dance. I had to change the file extension to .pdf. But this time you need to change the file extension to .csv (It's a csv file that you load for the discharge curve).

You load it by clicking on the "Load CSV" under the battery discharge curve in the Mod tab. It's pretty easy actually. Just don't forget to click on "Upload Settings to Device" when you are done at the top of Escribe to save the changes to your mod.

upload_2016-6-4_14-44-37.png

Cheers,
Steve

Attachments

• Samsung25R.pdf
    397 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's the Samsung 25R discharge curve. I don't think it will really make a big difference because I don't think the curves are radically different. The main thing is setting the watt hours (Samsung 25R's are 18.5WH) to make your battery bar more accurate.

It's basically the same song and dance. I had to change the file extension to .pdf. But this time you need to change it to .csv (It's a csv file that you load for the discharge curve).

You load it by clicking on the "Load CSV" under the battery discharge curve in the Mod tab. It's pretty easy actually. Just don't forget to click on "Upload Settings to Device" when you are done at the top of Escribe to save the changes to your mod.

View attachment 53267

Cheers,
Steve
Steve...I'm getting an error message "File failed to load" when clicking on the link....:cry:....:)

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This is way I see it. The Battery Discharge curve is used in conjunction with the set watt hours to make the battery meter accurate. If the meter went solely by the curve, you would see a huge drop-off in the end. I'm theorizing here, but I believe it uses the curve to let the chip know how much charge you have left. Then the watt hours are used so the meter moves in a linear way (so it doesn't go from 40% to 0% in two puffs because of the steep drop off in the end).

Cheers,
Steve

Both answers made perfect sense, and are very helpful! Thanks!

Where do you find the watt hours of different batteries, and the discharge curves? I have more sets of the HE4, so maybe I'll just set the mod to that and only use those batteries. Keep the one set of VCT4 for my Sig.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks Steve but If it isn't gonna make a big difference then I'm not gonna go threw all that to change battery curve. I'm to new to escribe right now but maybe in the future I will. I'll change wh if anything but since I'll be switching back and forth so much it's not worth it. I'll just buy some more hg2. Needed an excuse to buy more battery's anyways...lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both answers made perfect sense, and are very helpful! Thanks!

Where do you find the watt hours of different batteries, and the discharge curves? I have more sets of the HE4, so maybe I'll just set the mod to that and only use those batteries. Keep the one set of VCT4 for my Sig.
There is a watt hour calculator on the mod tab of Escribe in the battery section. You can also just do it yourself if you prefer. You take the nominal voltage (each battery is 3.7v so for two it's 7.4v) and multiply that by the amp hours (mah/1000).
Example for two Samsung 25R's - 7.4v x 2.5ah = 18.5WH

I find most of my curves in this thread:
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/discharge-profiles-for-wismec-reuleaux-7791361
It's not the only place you can find them, it's just where I found mine when I was looking.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhhhhh finally. Now I need more. Thanks Steve, love it. @Wingsfan0310
087e031844d0409d6ce47b3fbe922321.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad you like it buddy. That Blue looks nice, doesn't it? Honestly I think all the colors look good. I was surprised how much I even like the bright Green. A few people were over yesterday and the Green was a hit. I like the rubber like texture that's on the all covers except for the Black and Silver.

Cheers,
Steve

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm glad you like it buddy. That Blue looks nice, doesn't it? Honestly I think all the colors look good. I was surprised how much I even like the bright Green. A few people were over yesterday and the Green was a hit. I like the rubber like texture that's on the all covers except for the Black and Silver.

Cheers,
Steve
It just became my favorite DNA. I like the green. I'll have to get it with my next batch of these bad boys lol. The texture is very nice.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never liked the 3 18650 setups either... Anyway cant wait for my VT133 to get here Tomorrow!!! Hopefully its the good Mail Lady and not the other lol

you are going to love it.. this is my first dna200.. I never realized how awesome the dna200 was. I was a little worried about the build quality of the vt133 cause of all the video reviews complaining about it. All I gotta say is either the reviewers got a bad batch or hcigar listened and fixed all the issues cause my mod looks perfect and feels quality. all the lines line up perfectly and there are no gaps in any of the seams like the reviewers pointed out.. this has become my favorite mod.. I liked it so much I also bought the VT75.. it should be coming in the mail today.. can't wait.. don't know how ecig.com offers prices so low.

This is has become my favorite mod and I have:
The cuboid
istick tc100
joyetech mini vt
pico

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you are going to love it.. this is my first dna200.. I never realized how awesome the dna200 was. I was a little worried about the build quality of the vt133 cause of all the video reviews complaining about it. All I gotta say is either the reviewers got a bad batch or hcigar listened and fixed all the issues cause my mod looks perfect and feels quality. all the lines line up perfectly and there are no gaps in any of the seams like the reviewers pointed out.. this has become my favorite mod.. I liked it so much I also bought the VT75.. it should be coming in the mail today.. can't wait.. don't know how ecig.com offers prices so low.

This is has become my favorite mod and I have:
The cuboid
istick tc100
joyetech mini vt
pico

Yeah I currently own and have owned and sold other DNA 200's. I just love this thing. Form factor is great. Looks great. Feels great in hand. Very happy.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It just became my favorite DNA. I like the green. I'll have to get it with my next batch of these bad boys lol. The texture is very nice.

I bought the Green cover separately here:
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_348523.html

I've never seen the mod sold with that color at Ecig.com. I've only seen Black, Silver, Blue, and Yellow there.

PS The Green cover is on sale atm for $4.93 :eek:

Cheers,
Steve

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Quick question. I'm used to having married batteries and rotating them in my rx200, will I have to do the same thing with my vt133? Which is supposed to arrive Monday . Thank you

skreiss

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just found where the battery and thermal settings were under the mod tab. Thanks Steve for the settings in your export again. Using the HG2 batteries also ;)

You have a quick narrative on what some of those thermal settings are? I am guessing you let the analyzer run for what looks like it would take an hour to determine the correct settings.

VU Sponsors