Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you get the battery covers?
I ordered them back when GB and FT still had them in stock (Green and Red - also ordered some of the other colors back then). Some also came on the mods when I bought them (Blue, Black, Yellow, and Silver). IIRC FT still has the Silver and Black and GB had the Black (last time I looked)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up for anyone looking for some spooled Clapton Wire. Until midnight tonight eastern (Sunday), Lightning Vapes is running 25% off Clapton wire. You can also use this code LVCLAPTON to get an additional 10% the discounted price.
I just ordered two 25' rolls of SS 36ss/28ss Clapton wire for under $15 shipped. When looking at the Clapton wire ss is SS, k is Kanthal, etc (wrap/core).
https://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/specialty-wire/products/clapton-wire?variant=18320477829
Cheers,
Steve

Yep yep .. thanks for the heads up.. I had also ordered two spools ! great deal!

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Question any of you guys running a griffin 25 on the vt133? Does it make a good connection to the 510? My obs crius plus doesn't make a good connection. the tread part is very short on the crius.

FTR I also have a Griffin 25 I bought at the same time I got an Aromamizer some months back now. I prefer the Aromamizer as well, but my Griffin 25 makes a good connection on the VT133, no problems whatsoever. Hope you get your problem squared away.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was watching The Tourist the other night (movie from 2010 with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie) and Depp's character used a cigalike off and on throughout. Was kind of funny to see him show Angelina's character what it was and explain it... tapping the LED hot ash on his hand to show it wasn't really burning. Really antiquated the movie and shows how far we've come!

EDIT: OTOH when are vaping companies going to get product placement in movies like Big Tobacco? I guess vaping companies can't pay enough to have the main character reach for a mod instead of a cigarette. I personally haven't seen vaping in a movie since.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watch episode 4 season 2 of Z Nation..... A bunch of vapers are making an ejuice from natural erbs they raise on zombie compost...... They all have mods and Vape the custom ejuice that zombifies your brain.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Watch episode 4 season 2 of Z Nation..... A bunch of vapers are making an ejuice from natural erbs they raise on zombie compost...... They all have mods and Vape the custom ejuice that zombifies your brain.....

Not the ringing endorsement I was hoping for...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They checked into NY, and like Hotel California, apparently they can "never never leave." :D Seriously, hoping they have but no updates in several days.
It was the same for me. Mine went from NY to the sorting center a few miles away from me. Never showed them leaving NY. You should get them sometime this week hopefully.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was the same for me. Mine went from NY to the sorting center a few miles away from me. Never showed them leaving NY. You should get them sometime this week hopefully.

Cheers,
Steve

I'm counting on them coming by Friday. And boy, am I ready. I put the LG HD2C-whatever-the-heck-they-were aside and went back to using my old 25r's, so am ready for new batts!

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started a new routine with my batts. The ones in rotation have the double case that hold two batteries. I like to switch placement in the mod each time (battery that was on left last time, goes on right next time). So the routine has always been to put them in the charger in the same order they were in the mod (left one in left side of charger, right on right side) then when I take them out, I put them in the case in the opposite order. So when I put them in the mod, I know the batt on the left side of case goes on the left side of the mod, etc. Well now I started flipping the left one upside down in the case, so they're ready to put in the mod exactly as is, without doing anything. Now I can put them in even in the dark and know they'll be right. I only put them in the wrong way once (not that it matters with the VT133) but this is kind of nice to not have to look twice.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started a new routine with my batts. The ones in rotation have the double case that hold two batteries. I like to switch placement in the mod each time (battery that was on left last time, goes on right next time). So the routine has always been to put them in the charger in the same order they were in the mod (left one in left side of charger, right on right side) then when I take them out, I put them in the case in the opposite order. So when I put them in the mod, I know the batt on the left side of case goes on the left side of the mod, etc. Well now I started flipping the left one upside down in the case, so they're ready to put in the mod exactly as is, without doing anything. Now I can put them in even in the dark and know they'll be right. I only put them in the wrong way once (not that it matters with the VT133) but this is kind of nice to not have to look twice.
Was that post a shot at me? :giggle::giggle::giggle: I'm just messing around. As I was reading I was thinking as long as you don't put them the way they come out of the charger. By the time I got to the end I was laughing. :D

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was that post a shot at me? :giggle::giggle::giggle: I'm just messing around. As I was reading I was thinking as long as you don't put them the way they come out of the charger. By the time I got to the end I was laughing. :D

LOL.... actually I was thinking of your post a couple weeks back where you said you finally put them in the wrong way for the first time ever, and I was laughing as I read that b/c right around that time I did the same thing, also for the first time ever, with any mod. So I started this a short time afterward. As dumb as it sounds, it's really nice to not have to look at them and just slip them right out of the case and into the mod as is. :cheers:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you connected your mod to Escribe lately? Wonder if there have been any updates...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All my cells I mark #1 #2 #3 as they come out I flip them in the case...... Used go in #1 #2 #3 and go in the charger #3 #2 #1

That way they rotate every time they go in the mod and get used and charged equivalently.....

Maybe I'm a cocksucker and they all get charged used and charged the same..... And waisting my time ......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They checked into NY, and like Hotel California, apparently they can "never never leave." :D Seriously, hoping they have but no updates in several days.
Batteries and coils are sitting a long time at Homeland security..... And are being opened inspected and re-sealed...... No shit......

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you connected your mod to Escribe lately? Wonder if there have been any updates...
I just checked Evolv's forum and no new updates. The latest one is from 8-8-16, V1.2 SP3. When they first come out they don't pop up on Escribe. They are called test or early. I look every so often and post when a new one is available. I have an update thread that I try to keep current as well. :cheers:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing would surprise me!
I got a package with coils sent from Boston priority mail to Florida ....... They were opened and had a yellow tape that was printed, on the tape it said inspected by Homeland security.....and a box mod from China the same, it was over a week in Jacksonville..... Just sitting there.......

Opened and same tape.......

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got a package with coils sent from Boston priority mail to Florida ....... They were opened and had a yellow tape that was printed, on the tape it said inspected by Homeland security.....and a box mod from China the same, it was over a week in Jacksonville..... Just sitting there.......

Opened and same tape.......

Wow!! That's really something!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine didn't have anything like that. I think it's just the way GB ships Lithium Batteries. I know when I mail a package at the Post Office, they always ask if it contains anything hazardous, Lithium Batteries, etc.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine didn't have anything like that. I think it's just the way GB ships Lithium Batteries. I know when I mail a package at the Post Office, they always ask if it contains anything hazardous, Lithium Batteries, etc.

Cheers,
Steve

It probably has to do with where the shipment came from but also the particular freight hubs it travels through. I would think different points along the way have their own security measures for whatever reasons...

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hate it when I click REPLY instead of EDIT and then have to delete the dupe post and put "Dupe" ... so I am editing DUPE to say something worthless that's at least better than DUPE. :D

Which is tonight I vaped some of my NN N.E.T. Tobacco juice which I used to love, but don't like it so much anymore! I wonder why our tastes change like that. I also have some "tobacco" flavors I used to like (American Tobacco and another I can't remember) and I don't know how I ever vaped them now. I still like my DIY N.E.T. juice from Captain Black pipe tobacco, but that's about it for tobacco flavors. At least my caramel ADV still tastes delicious!

EDIT And that does it for me tonight.... take care all.

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey Steve, did the black batt cover for the VT133 that you bought from FT or GB (I think you said black was one of the colors you got?)... was it rubbery/velvety feeling like the colored ones? I ask b/c my silver VT133 came with a black cover, but it's pretty much slick (w/o being slippery, but more like a traditional paint).

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Steve, did the black batt cover for the VT133 that you bought from FT or GB (I think you said black was one of the colors you got?)... was it rubbery/velvety feeling like the colored ones? I ask b/c my silver VT133 came with a black cover, but it's pretty much slick (w/o being slippery, but more like a traditional paint).
Mine are both the same as the one you had. I got one from GB and one that came on a VT133. They are the same, more **** a metallic / paint feel.

The Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green have the rubbery feel to them. The Silver and Black have a more metallic / paint feel to them.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well shute. I really like that rubbery feel. My IPV4S came with a black sled that's rubbery... I think someone here many moons ago painted their VT133 sled Sunset Orange, and said it was a rubbery feel... they posted a pic of the paint can too... wonder if there is a black paint that could be sprayed over this paint that would have that texture...

It was Elites, but not sure it had a rubbery texture... Elites if you are reading this, let me know. :) http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt133-dual-18650-dna200.171476/page-72#post-1305106

EDIT #2: Hm... there's this kind of thing too... but not sure if that's more rubber than I want... not looking to coat the bed of a pickup. Want it smooth...

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well shute. I really like that rubbery feel. My IPV4S came with a black sled that's rubbery... I think someone here many moons ago painted their VT133 sled Sunset Orange, and said it was a rubbery feel... they posted a pic of the paint can too... wonder if there is a black paint that could be sprayed over this paint that would have that texture...

It was Elites, but not sure it had a rubbery texture... Elites if you are reading this, let me know. :) http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt133-dual-18650-dna200.171476/page-72#post-1305106

EDIT #2: Hm... there's this kind of thing too... but not sure if that's more rubber than I want... not looking to coat the bed of a pickup. Want it smooth...
Yes I did but it was not rubbery texture it's was just shinny paint and still hold very good. I tried Plasti Dip paint it's very good too and the beauty is if you want you can easily peel off. Never tried Rubber Coating spray.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I believe people were using Plasti Dip spray paint to get the rubbery feel. I'm positive it comes in Black. I think the only negative I remember was some said it got tacky feeling after awhile. On the plus side I think you can peel it off if you get tired of it. It's all in this thread somewhere.

Cheers,
Steve

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe people were using Plasti Dip spray paint to get the rubbery feel. I'm positive it comes in Black. I think the only negative I remember was some said it got tacky feeling after awhile. On the plus side I think you can peel it off if you get tired of it. It's all in this thread somewhere.

Cheers,
Steve
that's what I used on my Vapor shark rDNA 40 and I remembered that was Black color (Plasti Dip) if you let it dry after 2 , 3 coats that will be perfect. Thanks

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All great info, thanks. Plastic Dip is supposed to have a rubbery feel from what I gather... but there are also all kinds of rubber coating products that can be sprayed on too (having just looked)... mostly made for spray painting the undercarriage of cars, etc. Will have to look more into it when I have time. Def like the smooth, velvety/rubbery feeling of the colored batt covers though... it's not just a rubber feel, but almost velvety. Would sure like to know what they use!

EDIT: (And meant to add will probably try Plastic Dip to see since it can be peeled off... but the fact it CAN be peeled off and can get tacky doesn't make it sound ideal... except to try it.) :D

Last edited:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plasti-Dip has become a large go to fast fix for auto modding. On the car and truck forums I reside, it's very popular for emblem and wheel color changing. They even sell effects sprays for it, to do pearlized and metallic finishes. It can be sprayed with a normal clear coat to cut down the tacky, rubbery feel.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a FYI,,,,,,,My Freedom Smokes is having a 20% all dna mods in stock.
Use Coupon Code: DNA20
*Valid for all DNA mods*
Limited Supplies Available
Always trying to make me spend money and I thought you were my friend. :teehee::giggle: :cheers:

SmileyROFLMAO.gif

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All great info, thanks. Plastic Dip is supposed to have a rubbery feel from what I gather... but there are also all kinds of rubber coating products that can be sprayed on too (having just looked)... mostly made for spray painting the undercarriage of cars, etc. Will have to look more into it when I have time. Def like the smooth, velvety/rubbery feeling of the colored batt covers though... it's not just a rubber feel, but almost velvety. Would sure like to know what they use!

EDIT: (And meant to add will probably try Plastic Dip to see since it can be peeled off... but the fact it CAN be peeled off and can get tacky doesn't make it sound ideal... except to try it.) :D
I posted some pics in this forum about my Plastidip experiment. Although it's not as velvety, it is grippy.

Looking back, I should have let it cure longer. I say that because I have blacked out my car grill with it and it feels better than what I got on the VT133.

If/when you try the Plastidip, let it cure over night...maybe even take a heat gun/hairdryer to it as well. This is what I should have done to better replicate the texture I have on my car application. As for it being able to peel off, it's not as "easy" as it may seem once fully cured. Should hold up for some time. I've since lost interest as I have other covers for the velvet feel, but as I sit here with my black cover in hand, it would be nice to have a bit more grippy texture to it:)

Good Luck!

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I so do something very similar to that... (great minds eh!? ;p ) works well and ez enough! Good thinking!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted some pics in this forum about my Plastidip experiment. Although it's not as velvety, it is grippy.
Looking back, I should have let it cure longer. I say that because I have blacked out my car grill with it and it feels better than what I got on the VT133.
If/when you try the Plastidip, let it cure over night...maybe even take a heat gun/hairdryer to it as well. This is what I should have done to better replicate the texture I have on my car application. As for it being able to peel off, it's not as "easy" as it may seem once fully cured. Should hold up for some time. I've since lost interest as I have other covers for the velvet feel, but as I sit here with my black cover in hand, it would be nice to have a bit more grippy texture to it:)

could probably re apply to fix that no?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After seeing the post yesterday and looking at MFS's site. I saw on the first page a new option for them was the Duo in Abalone. Since Boost Addict likes it so much and I have been looking at it for awhile I pulled the trigger.

I was looking at their site again later last night and I saw the Abalone had already sold out (man that was quick:eek:). Good thing I didn't think about it too long. I've been wanting an Abalone mod for awhile now. I hope I like it as much as you do BA! Thanks for the heads up my friend! :cheers:
_mfs5869.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Good Luck!

Hey thanks for all those details! I really like the velvety feel so I may try to dig further to see if I can possibly uncover what is used on the colored battery covers... I know... might be a product only available in China or even particular to China manufacturing that isn't available off the shelf even there, but gonna see what I can find. Meanwhile it isn't a priority for me either so will look into it as time allows. And in the end if all roads dead end, might try the above and if so, will follow your advice for sure. But you gave me the key piece of info I wanted... which is that it's grippy but not velvety feeling. ("Picky picky picky" :D) Thanks buddy!

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After seeing the post yesterday and looking at MFS's site. I saw on the first page a new option for them was the Duo in Abalone. Since Boost Addict likes it so much and I have been looking at it for awhile I pulled the trigger.

I was looking at their site again later last night and I saw the Abalone had already sold out (man that was quick:eek:). Good thing I didn't think about it too long. I've been wanting an Abalone mod for awhile now. I hope I like it as much as you do BA! Thanks for the heads up my friend! :cheers:
_mfs5869.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

So the abalone won out over the boxy-iness, eh? :D Looking at that mod makes me feel like taking a stroll down the Redondo Pier... as a kid we used to find abalone shells along the beach here all the time. No more.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the abalone won out over the boxy-iness, eh? :D Looking at that mod makes me feel like taking a stroll down the Redondo Pier... as a kid we used to find abalone shells along the beach here all the time. No more.
Yes it did. I like the look of the Abalone, I've wanted an Abalone mod for awhile now. Hotcig has one as well, R150 iirc but I don't know who makes that board.

This is a DNA200 with the option of using either a 3s Lipo or dual 18650's. Did I mention it also has Abalone :D. Just something different. With the 20% off sale, the price was right and I also like the Black frame. I wanted either Silver or Black to go with the Abalone. Those are hard to find for a reasonable price nowadays. :cheers:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How many mods in all does that make for you, Steve? I want to know exactly how jealous I should be. :D

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes it did. I like the look of the Abalone, I've wanted one for awhile. Hotcig has one as well, R150 iirc but I don't know who makes that board.

This is a DNA200 with the option of using either a 3s Lipo or dual 18650's. Did I mention it also has Abalone :D. Just something different. With the 20% off sale, the price was right and I also like the Black frame. I wanted either Silver or Black to go with the Abalone. Those are hard to find for a reasonable price nowadays. :cheers:

Totally get it. And that's a really nice feature that it can use Lipo's or 18650s since you have other mods that use Lipo's. Def a nice addition to your varied collection of DNA mods. One day they'll be enclosed in a glass case on exhibit at the Smithsonian. :D :cheers::vino:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many mods in all does that make for you, Steve? I want to know exactly how jealous I should be. :D
Are we talking total or just DNA's? I believe this will make 12 DNA200's and 2 DNA75's. I'm not sure how many other mods I have. I have a few loaned out and a few in my closet. I'm not home at the moment.

I've been trying to keep my DNA number down to 12 so it might be time to sell one or two. I have 2 x VT200's and 2 x Blood Red Lavabox DNA75's. Decisions, decisions (1 of each are new in the box).:cheers:

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are we talking total or just DNA's? I believe this will make 11 DNA200's and 2 DNA75's. I'm not sure how many other mods I have. I have a few loaned out and a few in my closet. I'm not home at the moment.

I've been trying to keep my DNA200 number down to 12 so it might be time to sell one. I have 2 x VT200's and 2 x Blood Red Lavabox DNA75's. Decisions, decisions (1 of each are new in the box).:cheers:

They are fun to collect. Even aside from the FDA BS (which I still believe will be found unconstitutional by the courts). I wish I could collect them myself but other hobbies continually shrink the bank.... what I really need is a bank that, like good cotton, doesn't shrink. :D:cheers:

EDIT: PS That's a lot of jealousy!

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

_mfs5869.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
Ha ha,

I can't believe you beat me to it! I too have been drooling over the DUO for some time now, and especially since Boost loves them so much!

For me, I want that Silver and wood panel! The ONLY obstacle is that I have sorta promised that I will be getting just 1 one more mod for an even 13 lol. The copper tone (brushed) bronze FinDer 133 is what I am now drooling over. Hey, maybe I will eventually get both for an even 14 :)

Congrats! I love a solid "boxy" mod...I'm sure you will find that the DUO does the boxy design justice :)

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone have a Therion vs. VT133 comparison picture? Steve, when you get your Duo, can you put up a comparison photo with the VT133 vs Duo? Thanks. You'll love the Duo I'm sure. I have one setup Lipo and one with 18650s and think it's a great device.

VU Sponsors