Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a Therion vs. VT133 comparison picture? Steve, when you get your Duo, can you put up a comparison photo with the VT133 vs Duo? Thanks. You'll love the Duo I'm sure. I have one setup Lipo and one with 18650s and think it's a great device.
Thanks for the heads up on the Duo. I'm sure I'm going to like it. I'll let you in on a little secret, I sorta like DNA200 mods :teehee::giggle::D.

I'll be happy to post a comparison picture. I think somewhere in this thread @BoostAddict may have already posted one. I'm just not sure what page. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a Therion vs. VT133 comparison picture? Steve, when you get your Duo, can you put up a comparison photo with the VT133 vs Duo? Thanks. You'll love the Duo I'm sure. I have one setup Lipo and one with 18650s and think it's a great device.
Putting one together for ya as I type this! Been meaning to do this for a while now

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here ya go! All taken with the Limitless XL for additional size comparison

9f0ae41ba1c1a361d47bf6cd45016da7.jpg

06864dbe55b24b29b5b55b2f98a74fdd.jpg

a0ee77f9e2326445d5d11334cc1ffea2.jpg

604acf123de3c662c65f94353b53d357.jpg

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for that. The Therion I ordered August 24th from GearBest made it to Michigan today so it should be in my hot hands tomorrow. I'll post a Duo/Therion comparison to go with yours. Still need to get myself a VT133, but it's in my top 2-3 to pick up.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for that. The Therion I ordered August 24th from GearBest made it to Michigan today so it should be in my hot hands tomorrow. I'll post a Duo/Therion comparison to go with yours. Still need to get myself a VT133, but it's in my top 2-3 to pick up.
I didn't know you were from Michigan too. Welcome to VU neighbor!

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered my VT133 yesterday. Waiting anxiously for it to arrive. It will replace my custom brick DNA200 for the daily grind. Love this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How are you doing? Long time no see my friend. It's my every day carry mod as well. It's comfortable in hand, pretty tough, not terribly expensive (especially if you find it on sale), and works great. Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Steve

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
How are you doing? Long time no see my friend. It's my every day carry mod as well. It's comfortable in hand, pretty tough, not terribly expensive (especially if you find it on sale), and works great. Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Steve

Hey Steve.
Yes it has been awhile. Life has been crazy busy but I've stayed the vaping course which is good. Started getting back into more gear and with my brick with me daily it has wore on me. Ready for the awesome DNA200 Vape quality in a smaller platform with better than the small lipos. I remember you spoke highly of the VT133 which was really my sole reason for making the choice. I trust your judgement and with all the positive reviews it can't be a bad buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your killing me with all these Limitless XL pics, I see how it is, very sneaky enabling on your part....lol.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Ha ha...yup. That's how it works it seems. When folks post their latest/greatest it becomes so familiar that you look at your stash and are like "why don't I see "x" " lol...you my friend have helped me to point out a few holes in my stash...happy to help ya do the same!

Steve and Boost have just helped me to realize the gaping hole in.my stash, void of a silver DUO/wood panel.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know when the therion 133 will come out or is it a unicorn?
Vaperoyalty.com sent me an in-stock notification today.

Edit to add: Cosidering the leather covers available include Ostrich and Elephant (hopefully not actual elephant), I don't see why they shouldn't offer a unicorn cover. :deadhorse::stars2:

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gearbest has them for 118 with coupon code 133wdeal

But watch out for an FDA fee possibly
I've never heard of an FDA fee. What exactly is that? I know the FDA can stop a sale if they deem a product wasn't out by 8-8 but nothing about a fee they collect and let you then buy it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've never heard of an FDA fee. What exactly is that? I know the FDA can stop a sale if they deem a product wasn't out by 8-8 but nothing about a fee they collect and let you then buy it.
all the people that won in the eleaf aster contest, got a 20 dollar bill from fed ex 2 weeks after delivery. It was an FDA fee. It might just be a fed ex thing or who knows. I have another package coming from china, but i won't know until like a month lol

It appears though that shipping companies are collecting FDA fees for anything vaping stuff sent into the US from another country

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all the people that won in the eleaf aster contest, got a 20 dollar bill from fed ex 2 weeks after delivery. It was an FDA fee. It might just be a fed ex thing or who knows. I have another package coming from china, but i won't know until like a month lol

It appears though that shipping companies are collecting FDA fees for anything vaping stuff sent into the US from another country
Reading through the FDA regs I never came across anything about a fee. I've had lots of stuff delivered from GB and FT by the USPS with no added fee.

Could you imagine buying a $10 RDA then getting a $20 fee? Sounds strange. Do you have a link that talks about this fee?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is this just for contest winners that had their winnings shipped via Fedex? I've never heard of anyone having a fee added on other than this instance. If everything ordered from China gets this, it will kill their business from the USA.

PS I've never had anything delivered from China by anyone other than USPS. I always select the free or cheapest shipping

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So is this just for contest winners that had their winnings shipped via Fedex? I've never heard of anyone having a fee added on other than this instance. If everything ordered from China gets this, it will kill their business from the USA.

PS I've never had anything delivered from China by anyone other than USPS. I always select the free or cheapest shipping
its for anything vaping related imported to the USA apparently. maybe fed ex and ups are the only ones enforcing it?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its for anything vaping related imported to the USA apparently. maybe fed ex and ups are the only ones enforcing it?
I had a Supreme Lite delivered from GB yesterday. I also have one due in a few days. Had 8 batteries delivered last week (all from GB via USPS). The orders were each in the $20's. If I get three bills for $20 each it would effectively just about double my cost. Needless to say I would be one pissed off individual. This is just BS plain and simple. :mad:. Won't be ordering anything else from China until I see how this all plays out. :headbang:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've heard the you tube reviewers talking about a fee too. They have had to pay a fee on stuff they got for review. It's a customs fee. They mentioned that it only happened on select items. Weird but it is happenin randomly. Sucks.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rec'd a GB contest prize VT75 via DHL ~3weeks ago, and have not been dinged for any customs & FDA fees. 18650 batteries by themselves should not be under perview of the FDA, as they were around before 2007, and are universally used in other items. Plus, they didn't inspect my USPS GB battery pkg to know its contents to charge me.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My goodness... I won an item in the last contest...If I get a invoice for $20 LOL I'll toss that invoice into the trash. They want their $20, come and get it...when they ring the door, I'll hand the atty as I blow a cloud into their face haha.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rec'd a GB contest prize VT75 via DHL ~3weeks ago, and have not been dinged for any customs & FDA fees. 18650 batteries by themselves should not be under perview of the FDA, as they were around before 2007, and are universally used in other items. Plus, they didn't inspect my USPS GB battery pkg to know its contents to charge me.
Neither the batteries or the Supreme Lite were inspected. As a matter of fact I've never had any of my packages inspected (at least that I'm aware of, no tape or notation stating that they were).

I agree about the batteries. I just threw those in because they were in the second to last shipment I received from GB.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I had a Supreme Lite delivered from GB yesterday. I also have one due in a few days. Had 8 batteries delivered last week (all from GB via USPS). The orders were each in the $20's. If I get three bills for $20 each it would effectively just about double my cost. Needless to say I would be one pissed off individual. This is just BS plain and simple. :mad:. Won't be ordering anything else from China until I see how this all plays out. :headbang:
Right now only fed ex has sent bills that we know of, the shitty thing is having to wait weeks to find out. Gearbest wasn't aware of it either

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neither the batteries or the Supreme Lite were inspected. As a matter of fact I've never had any of my packages inspected (at least that I'm aware of, no tape or notation stating that they were).

I agree about the batteries. I just threw those in because they were in the second to last shipment I received from GB.
Then it may also come down to the contents declaration docs. How the contents are described may initiate an inspection and fee assessment. Looking at the Aster winners, the contents list the word nicotine on the declaration docs. I use creative wordplay, so possible x-ray scans can "match" the contents, to minimize inspections when I ship overseas.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaperoyalty.com sent me an in-stock notification today.

Edit to add: Cosidering the leather covers available include Ostrich and Elephant (hopefully not actual elephant), [...]

If they were using actual elephant skin I'd boycott them, but I assume that isn't legal, even in China. ? Also guessing it would be too expensive, if it were. Assuming they only mean the pattern/texture type used in textiles to denote that kind of surface.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll have to see a bill to believe it..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Another reason I stopped being active on this thread..... it's just not worth it
Why does the ignore feature no longer work

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't understand? Is it that you don't believe we got bills?
I put you on ignore, for the simple reason that you seem to get pleasure in arguing for the sake of arguing. I would greatly appreciate it if you could please put me on ignore also.
I come here to enjoy talking with people who are like minded and fun; not to argue out of boredom.

Thank you for your consideration and have a pleasant day

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@SirRichardRear

I posted this in the other thread and maybe VU doesn't like cross-posts, but b/c it's being discussed here too:

the invoices [others received] were noted this way:

Customs Duty
US Food & Drug Admin Processing Fee $20.00
Total Duties,Tax,Customs, Other Fees - $ 0.23

I could be wrong, but this sounds like FedEx decided to charge the customer for 'extra paperwork' it had to do, thanks to the FDA regs. An "admin processing fee" sounds like BS talk for "we had to handle a few papers extra, and are charging you for our time." The language doesn't sound like the FDA charged them and then they passed the charge along. Sounds like they're just porking the customer.

I would guess they only had to check a few boxes and that whatever the 'extra work' was, it doesn't amount to anything that would require an extra fee, muchless a $20 "admin processing fee." JMO from how it all sounds without the benefit of more info... too bad someone doesn't call FedEx so see if it's an FDA fee being passed along, or just an internal FedEx Admin fee, which is what it sounds like.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear

I posted this in the other thread and maybe VU doesn't like cross-posts, but b/c it's being discussed here too:

Customs Duty

I could be wrong, but this sounds like FedEx decided to charge the customer for 'extra paperwork' it had to do, thanks to the FDA regs. An "admin processing fee" sounds like BS talk for "we had to handle a few papers extra, and are charging you for our time." The language doesn't sound like the FDA charged them and then they passed the charge along. Sounds like they're just porking the customer.

I would guess they only had to check a few boxes and that whatever the 'extra work' was, it doesn't amount to anything that would require an extra fee, muchless a $20 "admin processing fee." JMO from how it all sounds without the benefit of more info... too bad someone doesn't call FedEx, but I understand GB is refunding everyone.

FedEx sounds like the bad guy to me, at this point anyway. JMO.
I agree, I'm still tempted to call them but nobody has said to do so , so i haven't. Not sure if i want to stir that pot

@f1r3b1rd I have no clue what you talk about with arguing, I've been nothing but helpful here, but as you request I will put you on ignore

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree, I'm still tempted to call them but nobody has said to do so , so i haven't. Not sure if i want to stir that pot

There is no pot to stir. They charged an odd fee, you want it clarified is all.

I did not receive an invoice, but FTR if I had, I would have called, gotten to customer service (following any robo transferring services for billing or questions about an invoice)... then when I got to someone would have simply said I received a shipment from FedEx on [this date], shipment # [the number], and then 2 weeks later received a bill from FedEx [bill#] for $20.23. I'd give the rep a chance to catch up on their computer and acknowledge they see what I'm talking about, then I'd ask if the $20 charge is an internal FEDEX processing fee, or if FedEx was charged a $20 fee from the FDA and is passing that along. I'd make him/her clarify if FedEx is charging me for admin time to handle FDA paperwork, or if FedEx is passing a fee along FedEx incurred from the FDA.

I am almost positive it's the former. But without verification, we have no way of knowing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear

Customs Duty

I would guess they only had to check a few boxes and that whatever the 'extra work' was, it doesn't amount to anything that would require an extra fee, muchless a $20 "admin processing fee." JMO from how it all sounds without the benefit of more info... too bad someone doesn't call FedEx so see if it's an FDA fee being passed along, or just an internal FedEx Admin fee, which is what it sounds like.
So I'll post this in all 3 threads where it is applicable, but i went ahead and called fed ex. Unfortunately the person I spoke with clearly had no idea what she was talking about and kept changing her story when I tried getting a clarification. 1st she said it was for them doing paperwork, then she said no it's because we paid those fees to the government to get your package released, then she said thats not it either. Long story short, I have to wait for a manager there to call me back to get an explanation. I'll give them a day and if I don't hear back from a manager I'll call them back again so I can get a clarification of the fees.

the 2nd part to this, is (and mind you I know gearbest hasn't used fed ex before) but I guess when you create the shipping label, there is a section for duties and tax where you can bill to the sender, recipient, or 3rd party and it was chosen to be billed to the recipient (which is us) rather then the sender (gearbest) could have just been a clerical issue as I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt. If you look at the shipping label, on the bottom right there is a section that has MFG, value, and some other stuff. one part on the bottom right says "D/T" and next to it on mine has the letter "R" for recipient. that is what shows fed ex where they bill the duties and taxes so at least I learned that from the call.

So what I take from this is, that if filled out correctly, us as consumers shouldn't see these invoices, but it could effect the pricing from Chinese Vendors if they have to pay these 20 dollar fees on every order, or they can try a different carrier?

edit: @"11"

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I'll post this in all 3 threads where it is applicable, but i went ahead and called fed ex. Unfortunately the person I spoke with clearly had no idea what she was talking about and kept changing her story when I tried getting a clarification. 1st she said it was for them doing paperwork, then she said no it's because we paid those fees to the government to get your package released, then she said thats not it either. Long story short, I have to wait for a manager there to call me back to get an explanation. I'll give them a day and if I don't hear back from a manager I'll call them back again so I can get a clarification of the fees.

the 2nd part to this, is (and mind you I know gearbest hasn't used fed ex before) but I guess when you create the shipping label, there is a section for duties and tax where you can bill to the sender, recipient, or 3rd party and it was chosen to be billed to the recipient (which is us) rather then the sender (gearbest) could have just been a clerical issue as I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt. If you look at the shipping label, on the bottom right there is a section that has MFG, value, and some other stuff. one part on the bottom right says "D/T" and next to it on mine has the letter "R" for recipient. that is what shows fed ex where they bill the duties and taxes so at least I learned that from the call.

So what I take from this is, that if filled out correctly, us as consumers shouldn't see these invoices, but it could effect the pricing from Chinese Vendors if they have to pay these 20 dollar fees on every order, or they can try a different carrier?

edit: @"11"

Excellent work, Sir Richard. I figured they'd be reluctant to clarify... though it's true too, this is all new to FedEx so C.S. likely won't know anything about it yet. But also FedEx probably wants to 'blame' the FDA for the fee, even if it's an internal fee, to deflect. Not just so the customer will blame the FDA, but also b/c customers might be more willing to pay the bill if they think it's an FDA fee, rather than a paperwork fee to FedEx.

IAC it will be interesting to see what the manager says, so please don't forget to update this thread with that answer!!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Excellent work, Sir Richard. I figured they'd be reluctant to clarify... though it's true too, this is all new to FedEx so C.S. likely won't know anything about it yet. But also FedEx probably wants to 'blame' the FDA for the fee, even if it's an internal fee, to deflect. Not just so the customer will blame the FDA, but also b/c customers might be more willing to pay the bill if they think it's an FDA fee, rather than a paperwork fee to FedEx.

IAC it will be interesting to see what the manager says, so please don't forget to update this thread with that answer!!
I'll update for sure when I hear back. Not expecting much to be honest

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll update for sure when I hear back. Not expecting much to be honest

Well, we don't need much... just the answer to what they're billing for. That is the minimum info a company should be able to provide, after all! I won't be surprised if you have to call them back though.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well, we don't need much... just the answer to what they're billing for. That is the minimum info a company should be able to provide, after all! I won't be surprised if you have to call them back though.
it doesn't seem like they have the answer TBH, at least the lady I spoke with didn't

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it doesn't seem like they have the answer TBH, at least the lady I spoke with didn't

Since FDA compliance on vape gear is brand new, one hand doesn't know yet what the other is doing. But you can't get billed by a company without internal records showing what the charge is for. That's actually illegal (fraud). So there are records that show exactly why you were charged. And if the record isn't any clearer than how it appears on the invoice, the manager will have to make some calls and clarify it for you, by calling the manager of the dept that was directly responsible for generating the fee. But I suspect "Admin Processing fee" is clear company code for paperwork incurred, but they wanted to dbl chk b/c, again, this is all new. Just a guess....

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Since FDA compliance on vape gear is brand new, one hand doesn't know yet what the other is doing. But you can't get billed by a company without internal records showing what the charge is for. That's actually illegal (fraud). So there are records that show exactly why you were charged. And if the record isn't any clearer than how it appears on the invoice, the manager will have to make some calls and clarify it for you, by calling the manager of the dept that was directly responsible for generating the fee. But I suspect "Admin Processing fee" is clear company code for paperwork incurred, but they wanted to dbl chk b/c, again, this is all new. Just a guess....
to be fair, it's a fee fed ex should know by now since it's on many items. it's only new to vaping. apparently all food, cosmetics, etc fall under this. This can't be the first time fed ex has charged for this

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
to be fair, it's a fee fed ex should know by now since it's on many items. it's only new to vaping. apparently all food, cosmetics, etc fall under this. This can't be the first time fed ex has charged for this

Right but on the other items it's been routine for years so it's probably built into the original fees (either absorbed by the shipper or whatever).... In this case FedEx seems to have been caught off guard along with the shipper, b/c they have shipped these items all along without having to take this extra FDA step until now... so it wasn't handled properly or "routinely". We know it isn't routine to get a shipment, and then a bill 2 weeks later when you didn't know anything was due.

VU Sponsors