Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In my opinion, this is the top competitor to the Therion 133...then again, I have the Therion75 :)

FinDer 133
01d263abc57bffd102a61571a6bd6d72.jpg

e70fa258ee2201ce7d5eb903a38571e2.jpg

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10
Nice looking mod. Digging the copper look. Wonder if they're going to make that with black leather?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my opinion, this is the top competitor to the Therion 133...then again, I have the Therion75 :)

FinDer 133

Nice mod but prefer the Therion with its silver/wood panels. Give them points for stepping out of the box, though. No pun. :D

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ordered 2 Supreme Lites from GB on 08/14. On 08/17 I received a shipping notice w/tracking number.
The 1st tracking info available was: 2016-09-01 11:58 CZECH REPUBLIC, Acceptance.
It finally arrived on 09/19 and the packaging originated from the CZECH REPUBLIC.
I have no idea what any of that means. I assumed it would be shipping from China.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FinDer 133

I posted a picture of that mod in a thread I made for it earlier today (I made the DNA75 thread awhile ago, posted about that particular mod and the 133 today).
Think Vape Finder DNA200/75 Dual 18650

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted a picture of that mod in a thread I made for it earlier today (I made the DNA75 thread awhile ago, posted about that particular mod and the 133 today).
Think Vape Finder DNA200/75 Dual 18650

Cheers,
Steve
Nice, thanks! I see I'm not the only one swooning over the bronze by the activity on that thread.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, the 30Qs arrived, no funny tape or funny business. Just a long walk from China. They're on the charger now.

Mine finally finished their world tour, arrived yesterday. Don't mind the shipping on things like this that I don't need in a hurry.

These 30Qs take considerably longer to charge than the 25R, but then, they have more capacity.
Got two in the 133 now and will see if they last longer than the 25Rs.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just out of curiosity why not buy the batteries from liion wholesale? They were 6.75 each I think plus they test to make sure of authenticity.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just out of curiosity why not buy the batteries from liion wholesale? They were 6.75 each I think plus they test to make sure of authenticity.
I can only speak for myself. I've ordered my batteries from GB for years and I've always received authentics. Vapor Joe, the owner of this site says the same thing, they sell authentic batteries. I bought 8 for $28 shipped (I had some discount points combined with the flash sales)

I never tell others where they should order their batteries from. If someone asks I'll tell them where I ordered mine from. Personally I think people should order them from where they are comfortable. I'm comfortable ordering from GB. I wait for flash sales (good deals). If I was in a hurry, I'd order from somewhere else.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh ok just wondering thanks
No problem at all. I think there are a few good places to get batteries from. A lot depends on how much of a hurry you are in, confidence in where you are ordering from, and past experiences. I also have a background in electronics with testing equipment. If I received fakes, I'd be telling people. If I had no way to verify I'd probably order from somewhere else.

I understand why you asked and for a lot of people that might very well be the best choice.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine finally finished their world tour, arrived yesterday. Don't mind the shipping on things like this that I don't need in a hurry.

These 30Qs take considerably longer to charge than the 25R, but then, they have more capacity.
Got two in the 133 now and will see if they last longer than the 25Rs.

Great to hear they finally made it. I noticed the same thing about charge time. Seemed excessive even for the extra mah, but luckily doesn't matter. I'm certainly happy with them.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered 2 Supreme Lites from GB on 08/14. On 08/17 I received a shipping notice w/tracking number.
The 1st tracking info available was: 2016-09-01 11:58 CZECH REPUBLIC, Acceptance.
It finally arrived on 09/19 and the packaging originated from the CZECH REPUBLIC.
I have no idea what any of that means. I assumed it would be shipping from China.

Same with my 30Qs. My assumption was that GB either drop ships from a 3rd party supplier there, or has a warehouse in Czech that they use to ship to USA, maybe for particular items.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great to hear they.uh.inally made it. I noticed the same thing about charge time. Seemed excessive even for the extra mah, but luckily doesn't matter. I'm certainly happy with them.
It depends on the voltage they were at when you received them as to how long they would take to initially charge.

My first batch came at around 3.6V. That's a little less than some of my batteries come in at. That combined with them holding an additional 500mah would make take longer to charge.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It depends on the voltage they were at when you received them as to how long they would take to initially charge.

My first batch came at around 3.6V. That's a little less than some of my batteries come in at. That combined with them holding an additional 500mah would make take longer to charge.

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah, certainly not complaining since you don't sit and wait for them to charge anyway. And the more mah, the longer the charge time relative to the same level of discharge in a battery with less mah. But having been recharging my 25rs with 2500mah, and now the 30Qs with 3000 mah, only saying that to me personally, these 30Qs stood out to me as taking longer than I expected even for the extra mah. I just noticed it. I don't care about it, since again, doesn't matter. In fact I felt that probably means they're even better batteries... maybe even a little more than 3000 mah.

And could always bump the charge rate up on the Xtar from .25A to .50A or even 1A if I was in a hurry, but I prefer to trickle charge them at .25A. It's all good... they last a good long time and really happy with them. They're my new favorite batts. :cheers: (Mine arrived @ 3.45v.)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same with my 30Qs. My assumption was that GB either drop ships from a 3rd party supplier there, or has a warehouse in Czech that they use to ship to USA, maybe for particular items.
You remember how we had to use to different web sites to track some packages from GB? IIRC they ship from China (first site), then go through the CR (USPS tracking). I believe that's how they have to ship their Lithium batteries here.

I'm not at home so I can't check right now, but I'm almost positive that's how it went.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, certainly not complaining since you don't sit and wait for them to charge anyway. And the more mah, the longer the charge time relative to the same level of discharge in a battery with less mah. But having been recharging my 25rs with 2500mah, and now the 30Qs with 3000 mah, only saying that to me personally, these 30Qs stood out to me as taking longer than I expected even for the extra mah. I just noticed it. I don't care about it, since again, doesn't matter. In fact I felt that probably means they're even better batteries... maybe even a little more than 3000 mah.

And could always bump the charge rate up on the Xtar from .25A to .50A or even 1A if I was in a hurry, but I prefer to trickle charge them at .25A. It's all good... they last a good long time and really happy with them. They're my new favorite batts. :cheers: (Mine arrived @ 3.45v.)
They are new favorites as well. I bought a second 8 pack the day after I received my first 8 pack. Very good batteries imo. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey.... is GB forcing the $19 priority shipping option to USA? If so, bogus deal. :mad:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You remember how we had to use to different web sites to track some packages from GB? IIRC they ship from China (first site), then go through the CR (USPS tracking). I believe that's how they have to ship their Lithium batteries here.

I'm not at home so I can't check right now, but I'm almost positive that's how it went.

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah, except my package arrived with a return label from a warehouse in Czech that was not called GB... was EB something IIRC.... so .... don't know. I don't think it's too feasible it was opened and re-labeled in Czech. Maybe GB in China sends the batts pre-packaged in a Czech padded mailer, that's already inside a box mailed from China to the Czech location... then the Czech warehouse opens the boxes from China and removes the pre-labeled mailers and sends them on?

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Cheers,
Steve
Perhaps. I just found it odd the mail package was return addressed from the CR.
So they either originated from there, or were completely repackaged.
And there was a 2 week delay from receiving my shipping notice to them reporting being in the CR.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps. I just found it odd the mail package was return addressed from the CR.
So they either originated from there, or were completely repackaged.
And there was a 2 week delay from receiving my shipping notice to them reporting being in the CR.

Again, GB is not the retailer you want to use if you are in a hurry. I personally wonder each time I order from GB if I will ever see the item. But when they run deals on batteries with free shipping (which unfortunately doesn't look to be the case with today's sale so I apologize for not checking that), to me it's worth the screwy route and disappearances along the way to save a boatload of money that can be spent on other vape gear.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Again, GB is not the retailer you want to use if you are in a hurry. I personally wonder each time I order from GB if I will ever see the item. But when they run deals on batteries with free shipping (which unfortunately doesn't look to be the case with today's sale so I apologize for not checking that), to me it's worth the screwy route and disappearances along the way to save a boatload of money that can be spent on other vape gear.
So of I try to buy the 8 30q from gb that you posted earlier there gonna charge a 20 shipping fee?? Let me try and see if it asks me to pay the 20.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn your right. They make you chose the priority shipping for battery's which is 20 bucks. Fuck that sucks. I really wanted to grab those too. We'll I guess I'll just wait.

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anytime I order from China, I look at it like the Lottery. My chances are about the same, but the Lottery doesn't take as long to find out if you lost.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn your right. They make you chose the priority shipping for battery's which is 20 bucks. Fuck that sucks. I really wanted to grab those too. We'll I guess I'll just wait.

Apologies!.... I edited my original post, but too late. That's ridiculous! But might want to bookmark that page and just check it each day, as they will go on sale with free shipping sooner or later. Sorry I didn't look closer.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, since I tried to get priority for my last GB order and it wasn't offered, this is interesting information for me. I avoided batteries then, trying to ensure DHL shipping was offered. It wasn't though. Next time (I swear every time there won't be a next time) I'll throw batteries into the order.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The last 2 times I ordered 8 packs of 30Q's from GB shipping was about $2. I think with batteries the shipping is ever changing. What I'm saying is I think there are a lot of restrictions on Lithium batteries. I know FT completely stopped shipping them to the USA for awhile. Now I'm really glad I ordered the second 8 pack when I did. Seems like the price went up a bit and the shipping went through the roof. :facepalm:

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The last 2 times I ordered 8 packs of 30Q's from GB shipping was about $2. I think with batteries the shipping is ever changing. What I'm saying is I think there are a lot of restrictions on Lithium batteries. I know FT completely stopped shipping them to the USA for awhile. Now I'm really glad I ordered the second 8 pack when I did. Seems like the price went up a bit and the shipping went through the roof. :facepalm:

Cheers,
Steve

Maybe you're right that I also paid a couple bucks, but for some reason remember the shipping being free... IAC the reason it's $19 today is they are only offering one shipping method: 7-day priority. When I ordered items from GB in the past, there was an array of shipping options you could choose from, and that's why my stuff always takes weeks to arrive... I always choose very cheap methods. I am hoping the batts will go on sale with those other options soon.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh well that sucks. Though if yall really want to buy some now like I said liionwholesale.com has some for 6.75 I think. I paid 39.72 plus 3.57 shipping for 6 batteries.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not to change the subject, but when this set of SS coils is done on the Supreme (just put them in yesterday) think I am going to drill out the juice holes in the bottom of the deck before I rebuild. Would really like more flow to the wicks with my thick VG. I have modified every tank I own this way, but the Griffin and Supremes, and was always happy I did. (Don't use the Griffin much since the AS is my tank of choice, but its side-holes are quite large anyway.) I have been thinking about it since I got the tank some months back, then when Steve posted the link to extra decks from FT for $8 (thanks again for putting more items on my list, pal! :D) it became a bygone conclusion.

BTW, for the many AS fans here, do you trim wicks to just hit the juice holes, or fold tails under and cover the deck without paying much attn (maybe poking holes over the juice holes to allow air/feed)? I have found it hits fine no matter, but feel more juice flow would improve it regardless.

EDIT: Well, maybe not. I just got out my spare and unscrewing the 510 pin does not disassemble the bottom portion from the post deck. Seems like it's milled together. ??

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Boost -- yeah also use wide open juice flow and I usually don't pay much attn either to wicking the Supreme... one of the nice things about it, actually.

Well decided to drill it anyway using my spare AS.... the bit I chose was larger than I wanted so just drilled two out on opposite corners... will stick a couple coils in there and try it out...

upload_2016-9-23_16-21-57.png

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Boost -- yeah also use wide open juice flow and I usually don't pay much attn either to wicking the Supreme... one of the nice things about it, actually.

Well decided to drill it anyway using my spare AS.... the bit I chose was larger than I wanted so just drilled two out on opposite corners... will stick a couple coils in there and try it out...

View attachment 62198

Nice! Let us know how it works out please:cheers:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice! Let us know how it works out please:cheers:

Def an improvement. However, need to do what I wanted to do to begin with, which was drill all four out a very small amount rather than two larger than I wanted. :D (I can be impulsive when Steve has lined up extra decks so cheaply for me. :giggle: I couldn't readily find the bit size I wanted, so I thought, "eh, good enough for a trial." Then when I saw how MUCH bigger it came out than I wanted, figured better stick with two. :D)

If I pull with AF wide open (which I don't use it that way, but just tried all settings), there is almost a slight feel of maybe a gurgle coming on... but it never becomes even close to a gurgle and never floods. But all 4 holes slightly larger would eliminate that.

But in the positions I use AF, which is the narrow slit with just a bit in the wider slit, I get a nice draw with better clouds and flavor. Better still, even that position is a little airy for me, but prior if I closed it down to just using the narrow slit there would not be enough clouds/flavor for my tastes... well now there is. So I have less air and more clouds, which is what I wanted.

But 4 holes drilled slightly larger is ideal.... so FT here I come for more decks! :D (...Shall I bill you directly, Steve?? :giggle:) In the meantime I am using this deck in lieu of the stock... in fact I think I will look for the smaller bit and drill out the remaining two a very little, next time I have it apart. (Since I don't use the AF wide open, don't care if it becomes a little wet in that position... if it does.)

So all in all. A success. :cheers:

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Def an improvement. However, need to do what I wanted to do to begin with, which was drill all four out a very small amount rather than two larger than I wanted. :D (I can be impulsive when Steve has lined up extra decks so cheaply for me. :giggle: I couldn't readily find the bit size I wanted, so I thought, "eh, good enough for a trial." Then when I saw how MUCH bigger it came out than I wanted, figured better stick with two. :D)

If I pull with AF wide open (which I don't use it that way, but just tried all settings), there is almost a slight feel of maybe a gurgle coming on... but it never becomes even close to a gurgle and never floods. But all 4 holes slightly larger would eliminate that.

But in the positions I use AF, which is the narrow slit with just a bit in the wider slit, I get a nice draw with better clouds and flavor. Better still, even that position is a little airy for me, but prior if I closed it down to just using the narrow slit there would not be enough clouds/flavor for my tastes... well now there is. So I have less air and more clouds, which is what I wanted.

But 4 holes drilled slightly larger is what I want.... so FT here I come for more decks! :D (...Shall I bill you directly, Steve?? :giggle:) In the meantime I am using this deck in lieu of the stock... in fact I think I will look for the smaller bit and drill out the remaining two a very little, next time I have it apart. (Since I don't use the AF wide open, don't care if it becomes a little wet in that position... if it does.)

So all in all. A success. :cheers:
The checks in the mail:giggle:.

Since I'm a nice guy I'll pass this on. If you buy at least 3 decks at the same time you get a discount (easy guess on why I know that :teehee:). Even bigger discount if you buy 5 :devil:.
:cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Boreas tank has 2 different decks for this reason. 1st with 2mm holes and the 2nd has 2.5 mm holes. All i use is 3mm id coils, I never had a issue with the OEM deck myself(2mm i think). Have you tried thinning out your tails? Thanks for the feedback!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Boreas tank has 2 different decks for this reason. 1st with 2mm holes and the 2nd has 2.5 mm holes. All i use is 3mm id coils, I never had a issue with the OEM deck myself(2mm i think). Have you tried thinning out your tails? Thanks for the feedback!
The Supreme deck comes with 2.5mm holes. If you want less juice flow you can just close down the JFC some.

I've never had a juice flow problem with any of my Supremes. I run 70% VG and usually only have the JFC about half way open.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I don't skimp on the cotton either.

VU Sponsors