Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That's the upgrade from Hell I went through as well. I started it yesterday and it was taking so long I restarted my PC. That was a bad move because it took awhile to load my previous version of Win 10. Then I fell asleep watching a movie on the PC and when it shut itself down it started the update again. I woke up and it was running and running. Finally I unplugged my external hard-drives, restarted the PC and the update restarted from around 75% and finished quickly. Note to self next time unplug the external hard-drives first. :D

I've been looking at those Drip Tips for awhile now. As a matter of fact I was looking at them earlier today and noticed GB has the thinner one on a Flash sale for $5 and change shipped (you can guess what happened when I saw that :D). I should have mentioned it earlier but caught up watching MSU get their butts handed to them and Michigan beating PSU. :giggle::devil:
View attachment 62398
View attachment 62400

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: Damn, while I was looking for the link I noticed they are now both on a flash sale. @Eskie you just cost me another $17 :giggle: . That's like 66% off if anyone is looking for 1 or 3.
View attachment 62402

It's only money. :giggle:

You'll love it. It really gives a nice finished effect to the mod when it's in place. Here's a photo I dug up of it on the mod
Efusion with tip.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's only money. :giggle:

You'll love it. It really gives a nice finished effect to the mod when it's in place. Here's a photo I dug up of it on the mod
View attachment 62413
Looking Good! I was just messing around in the previous post. When I ordered the thinner ones (10mm) the thicker ones (13mm) weren't on the Flash Sale yet. They were still $15.50 each or I would have ordered them at that time. I'm glad I looked again. It's almost like buy 1 get 2 free. Nothing to complain about there. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this is off topic {not that it matters on here lol} But has anyone ever ordered from 3fvape. And how was it if so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@f1r3b1rd Here's a VS DNA75 that I think will be more to your liking:
http://www.vaporshark.com/wholesale/whats-new/vaporshark-dna75
Edit: They also have the same picture listed as a RDNA60, I'm trying to figure this out:
http://www.vaporshark.com/wholesale/whats-new/vaporshark-dna60
04_6.jpg

Last edited:

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I heard on vapanfagans show that he was told by a rep from lostvape that they aren't making anymore therion 133 BC they are making the therion 167. Its a dna250 board with dual 18650 battery makes it 167 Watts. I've heard all DNA 250 chips have 2 amp charging that's a nice feature.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I heard on vapanfagans show that he was told by a rep from lostvape that they aren't making anymore therion 133 BC they are making the therion 167. Its a dna250 board with dual 18650 battery makes it 167 Watts. I've heard all DNA 250 chips have 2 amp charging that's a nice feature.
I heard him mention that too. But there are already thereon 133 for sale on a few sites. So Idk if they made a batch and released it and aren't making anymore. Only time will tell.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@f1r3b1rd Here's a VS DNA75 that I think will be more to your liking:
http://www.vaporshark.com/wholesale/whats-new/vaporshark-dna75
Edit: They also have the same picture listed as a RDNA60, I'm trying to figure this out:
http://www.vaporshark.com/wholesale/whats-new/vaporshark-dna60
04_6.jpg
my best guess is that the RDNA60 will be a bit smaller than the 75.
hopefully cheaper too. I have no need for either, but given the choice ill take the 60 first. vaping a single battery any higher is almost pointless as far as batt life goes. ill grab a 133 or 200 if I want that much power.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On these new DNA mods, I think I'll wait for them to be available from US vendors. I'd hate to have a >$100 mod get seized by customs. On that note, VapeRoyalty already has a page up for the Therion 167. Wait and see time.

Anybody want a VT167?

diyguy

Member For 4 Years
I second the VT133 praise although I don't have other current mods to compare with, but for looks alone, how it feels in the hand, and that it's one sturdy and beautiful mod, for $80 like you say, imo it can't be beat. Doesn't mean there aren't other nice mods out there worth buying and heaping their own praise on, and for those who can afford collecting, there ain't nothin' better... but certainly the VT133 is a great little buy. I have the silver framed one and I am amazed the finish on the bottom isn't showing any signs of wear from it sitting on surfaces. It literally looks like I just pulled it out of the box.

I also agree with the Supreme being a sturdy tank. I have dropped it from standing height on to a hard floor more than once and never with consequence.

Speaking of the Hummer of tanks... my OC nature would not let my modification go yesterday, only having drilled out two of the juice holes. So I drilled out the other two today to the same size. I'd originally wanted to use a 1/8th bit but couldn't find it, so all four holes are 9/64ths and I love it! What I aim for is a nice easy, slow pull where you don't have to 'strain' to get good vapor, and it comes out thick, creamy and dense, full of flavor and satisfaction. :D And now that's how it is, even chaining (which is where it fell short before). Wick can finally keep up due to tails sitting over much larger holes that soak the tails rather than 'feed' them with a trickle.

Also, the quasi-gurgle in full-open AF mode yesterday was NOT due to the holes, but b/c I had just filled the tank and dumped juice down the chimney. :D D'oh! It hits perfect regardless of AF setting. I'm a happy cat! It was good to begin with (my favorite tank) but now it's even better. :D

View attachment 62387

Nice job. Sometimes I get plenty of juice flow but sometimes not (JFC always wide open and all 70VG/30PG). When it 'stalls' I loosen the top cap then quickly re-tighten it. I hope the larger holes will help prevent that problem.

Not much room under the deck. Hope my drill bit doesn't damage the metal piece underneath. Not much room there, and I have no drill press. Thanks for sharing your results.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On these new DNA mods, I think I'll wait for them to be available from US vendors. I'd hate to have a >$100 mod get seized by customs. On that note, VapeRoyalty already has a page up for the Therion 167. Wait and see time.

Anybody want a VT167?
the biggest advantage with that board is the 2a charging.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Anybody want a VT167?
I guess it would be nice but I'm usually at 30-40 watts in TC so I don't really need the extra power. Personally I agree with Firebird, any more than ~60 watts per cell is pushing it and will kill battery life. The reverse polarity protection is already on the the VT133 and the 2 amp charging is nice but I don't charge my 18650's in the VT133. I'm sure the price would be a lot more and I'm actually happy with the VT133.

Now if the VT133 didn't have reverse polarity protection built in or if I charged my 18650's on-board, that would be another story. I do however wish all my 3s Lipo DNA200's had 2 amp charging since I do charge them on-board. Power is never really an issue for me. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lipo = 2 amp otherwise careless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
well, yes I agree. but all of these are liion mods, other than the 200 and 250

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sidenote:
Just twirled some coils using the CrazyWire NiFe52 .4mm wire.
In the Supreme, high atop the VT133, the device monitor shows a 0.07 F spread on the target temperature of 420F at 42W
Mighty nice performance!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Well look at that. Understandable with the DNA 250 released. I saw it on vaperoyalty but only as a preorder. As even the 133 is just a refit of the Therion 75 with a new chip and switching the batteries into series, it should be straightforward for them to make the shift. Glad you posted it as I would have likely kicked myself if I just ordered the 133 and the 166 showed up several weeks later. Not that I ever go to 133W, let alone 166W, but if I'm getting it, I'd rather have the most recent board installed. Yes, the 250 has 2A balanced charging which is a nice feature.

Edit:
I guess it would be nice but I'm usually at 30-40 watts in TC so I don't really need the extra power. Personally I agree with Firebird, any more than ~60 watts per cell is pushing it and will kill battery life. The reverse polarity protection is already on the the VT133 and the 2 amp charging is nice but I don't charge my 18650's in the VT133. I'm sure the price would be a lot more and I'm actually happy with the VT133.

Now if the VT133 didn't have reverse polarity protection built in or if I charged my 18650's on-board, that would be another story. I do however wish all my 3s Lipo DNA200's had 2 amp charging since I do charge them on-board. Power is never really an issue for me. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve
I will say that even at 1A on my Duo, the Lipo recharges in just a few hours, which is not bad at all.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm thinking to get the vapor shark all that wireless charging and the rubberized finished is catching my attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the wireless charging is really nice, but the mod gets pretty warm. which can through of TC at first.

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I know it's been answered but here is my 2 cents. The gspot is a live video hangout on the myvaporium site. Djlsb, vapnfagan, Mike vapes, st vapes, and a lot of other reviewers hang out there. Including a bunch of awesome vapers. We just hang out and bullshit. Really fun and awesome place to get questions answered. I'm in there at least a couple hours a day. I just recently signed up after hearing about it for months. Come join. Everyone is really helpful and nice...
whats this vooporium you speak of :p
one fam, multiple houses... its all good :)

Attachments

• neet.JPG
    neet.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 36

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
the wireless charging is really nice, but the mod gets pretty warm. which can through of TC at first.

How fast is the induction charging? It's usually pretty limited in current, but maybe the implementation allows for it. I'm just not familiar for wireless on a mod.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What vaporshark has the wireless charging??

whats this vooporium you speak of :p
one fam, multiple houses... its all good :)
What's up Timmerz, I always wondered if anyone from my vaporium came here. I love both places and spend too much time between the two. Where you been, haven't seen you in Fagan's room lately???

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

What's up Timmerz, I always wondered if anyone from my vaporium came here. I love both places and spend too much time between the two. Where you been, haven't seen you in Fagan's room lately???
I usually just go on for an hour or so in the evening. Ive been on GSpot 1 the last few nights... Im not all about being where the reviewers are :p

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

the rdna4o has wireless charging. Additionally, the dna3o and dna40 hade an external q1 card available; that, slid between the mod and the skin, to convert it to q1charging.
I actually preferred the external card. The rdna was a little fatter to incorporate the charge board. The external board lets you remove it and keep it small. Either way, the convenience factor was great. I had a qi pad in my truck, on my desk and on my night stand. Never having to plug in your mod and almost always having a full battery was pretty cool.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I usually just go on for an hour or so in the evening. Ive been on GSpot 1 the last few nights... Im not all about being where the reviewers are :p
ive been spending some time lurking over there for a few weeks now, its a chill place.

LLF1968

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can i change my sofl cell cut off to 2.5v? Currently i have it at 3.09. Is it safe to change it to me 2.5v?

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a question Steve. I recently bought a new laptop because it was time for a upgrade. So of course I had to download escribe to it. When I downloaded it, somehow I downloaded the dna250 one. When I go into escribe it has options for the dna200 and dna75. Including a few others. So I'm assuming it's the same version as if I would have downloaded the dna200 escribe?? Or is there a difference? ?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question Steve. I recently bought a new laptop because it was time for a upgrade. So of course I had to download escribe to it. When I downloaded it, somehow I downloaded the dna250 one. When I go into escribe it has options for the dna200 and dna75. Including a few others. So I'm assuming it's the same version as if I would have downloaded the dna200 escribe?? Or is there a difference? ?
The newest version of Escribe is for use with all the DNA chips (250, 200, 75, and 60). It's the one I use all my DNA mods. 1.2 SP3. Here's the link if you are interested:
[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES250.exe (57MB standardalone installer)

Cheers,
Steve

Edit The differences to the earlier versions are:
1. It smooths out TC for SS316 on the DNA200.
2. It takes care of getting the weak battery warning on the DNA75.
3. It can be used with all the DNA chips.
4. It contains the latest Firmware.

Those are the differences I consider most important. I'm sure there are others.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what did you get?
I just got an hp

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

AWWWe Dude!! you messed up.. your laptop will self destruct in like 3 days.....

lol .. j/k bro .. new laptop eh? nice... specs .. pics... true nerds want to kno. ;p

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
what did you get?
I just got an hp
AWWWe Dude!! you messed up.. your laptop will self destruct in like 3 days.....

lol .. j/k bro .. new laptop eh? nice... specs .. pics... true nerds want to kno. ;p
It's nothing special guys. Just a 400 dollar Asus. I just desperately needed a new one because my old one took forever to load anything. It literally took 10-15 seconds to load escribe once I clicked on the icon. The specs of the new one are
Intel core i3 2.1ghz
500gb hdd
8gb ddr3
15.6 inch display forgot it's max resolution
Dvd-rw
Nothing special, one day I'll get a super nice one. I was looking at the zenbooks and rog by asus. But went for a cheaper one because I seem to destroy laptops.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The newest version of Escribe is for use with all the DNA chips (250, 200, 75, and 60). It's the one I use all my DNA mods. 1.2 SP3. Here's the link if you are interested:
[EARLY]

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve, when I get off work and get home I'll check what version.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's nothing special guys. Just a 400 dollar Asus. I just desperately needed a new one because my old one took forever to load anything. It literally took 10-15 seconds to load escribe once I clicked on the icon. The specs of the new one are
Intel core i3 2.1ghz
500gb hdd
8gb ddr3
Dvd-rw
Nothing special, one day I'll get a super nice one. I was looking at the zenbooks and rog by asus. But went for a cheaper one because I seem to destroy laptops.
Asus actually makes quality stuff. especially their routers. Asus routers are the best by far

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Intel core i3 2.1ghz
500gb hdd
8gb ddr3
Dvd-rw
I was about to ditch my old laptop too but a friend suggested a SSD drive and wow, what a difference and it only cost $70. My laptop was taking forever to boot up and load programs but now it is up and running in about 20 to 30 seconds and loads programs with the quickness.

I am not that computer savy, just had to make a recovery disc, save files, install new hard drive and reload windows which went a lot faster with the new SSD. Best upgrade I have ever done, night and day difference in performance.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was about to ditch my old laptop too but a friend suggested a SSD drive and wow, what a difference and it only cost $70. My laptop was taking forever to boot up and load programs but now it is up and running in about 20 to 30 seconds and loads programs with the quickness.

I am not that computer savy, just had to make a recovery disc, save files, install new hard drive and reload windows which went a lot faster with the new SSD. Best upgrade I have ever done, night and day difference in performance.

Yeah I wanted a laptop with a ssd. Just to expensive. You have an external ssd or you installed one in your laptop??

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I wanted a laptop with a ssd. Just to expensive. You have an external ssd or you installed one in your laptop??
I think the name of the website that tells you what drive will fit in your laptop is crucial.com but that was at least a year or so ago. I guess it is a lot cheaper to replace your internal hd that use an external. I got one of the smaller SSD drives since most of the stuff is in the cloud anyway, was seriously about $70 from amazon at the time. I can't remember off hand but I think it was a 80gb ssd.

My brother bought his laptop at the same time with a i5, I only have an i3 and my laptop smokes his easily.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
[EARLY]

Cheers,
Steve

I checked and I do have the latest version 1.2 sp3. Thanks, I was just curious. That's nice now I can use it for my dna75 too. Which I have never hooked up to escribe yet. I rarely use it but it's "tuned" by djlsb. For 50 bucks I just bought it to have. It's the sdna 75. Cool little mod.

LLF1968

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe the lowest you can set it is somewhere between 2.7v - 2.8v. I have my 18650 DNA200 mods set to 2.8V. My 3s Lipo DNA200 mods set to 3.09V. My DNA75 mods set to 2.75v.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks!

How can i know my vt133 is legit? I checked the serial number in escribe and evolv website and mine is legit. I just want to make sure my mod is legit. I'm a little paranoid here haha!

diyguy

Member For 4 Years
After upgrading Escribe to v1.2sp3, my battery warning doesn't appear. The battery gets too low to reach temp, which is obvious, and has not happened before. It looks like all settings are same as the previous version. Anyone else?

Batteries: HG2 (3 months old)
Wh: 22.2
Soft cutoff: 3.09v

VU Sponsors