Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah sorry I was being technical saying the 250 chip lol but someone put on vaping underground that they didn't like the build quality of the therion 75 but that was one person and one mod. It's hard to find much info about the 133 and the only place I heard about the 167 was in this thread I believe.

I think the 250 chip is the same as the 200 size wise. I have seen a picture with it in a 200 mod. So my thinking is that the 167 therion is the same as the 133 just different chip.
I just watched a Boxer review of the 167 by Mike Vapes. My understanding is the the 167 is the 250 board. It just does 167 watts when used with 2 18650's. Were you to use a lipo with the same exact mod it would indeed do 250 watts. That's what I took from the video. I linked the video because he does spend some time talking about the board itself.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=iALUgUEqXNA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Some places have already listed the Therion 166: http://www.vaperoyalty.com/lost-vape-therion-dna166-mod/ You can add your email to be informed when there in stock.

Can't comment on the build quality, only had the Triade DNA200 which I sold before the DNA250's hit the market and damage my resale value. I have my eye on the Therion or Lost Vape 166 myself. If I go with the Therion I personally would pick the black leather, the red leather on my Triade was not wearing well and that was with light use. Aside from that I had no other problems with my Triade, just like the form factor of the 2 battery mods better.
the alibaba website has a bunch of people selling them, but to me that site has always seemed a little "shady" for non wholesalers and not really worth it. anyone ever order from it?

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just watched a Boxer review of the 167 by Mike Vapes. My understanding is the the 167 is the 250 board. It just does 167 watts when used with 2 18650's. Were you to use a lipo with the same exact mod it would indeed do 250 watts. That's what I took from the video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Yes the 250 board is just like the 200 board being if setup in a 2 cell configuration will limit the watts. Though the 200 was limited to 133 and the 250 is limited to 167.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Triade will have the Dna250. The Therion will be limited to 166w with the two 18650's. I really don't need 33 more watts for a addition 45.00 and i have no use for onboard 2amp charging using 18650's. YMMV:cheers: I am a cheap MF'er:giggle:

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
Yeah sorry I was being technical saying the 250 chip lol but someone put on vaping underground that they didn't like the build quality of the therion 75 but that was one person and one mod. It's hard to find much info about the 133 and the only place I heard about the 167 was in this thread I believe.

I think the 250 chip is the same as the 200 size wise. I have seen a picture with it in a 200 mod. So my thinking is that the 167 therion is the same as the 133 just different chip.
Brad - I have the Therion 75 and its one of my top three mods. Build quality is second to none and extremely durable. A bit heavy, but we'll built. But the leather won't stay pristine unless you never take it out of the box. :) Not a big deal for me as I plan to get a replacement door at some point.

I would assume the 133 is the same quality, but I don't think I would buy it as 75w is more than enough for me.

As FYI, my other two top mods are the Hohm Wrecker (for pure power) and the Lavabox M (lightest mod I own but battery life sucks)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Brad - I have the Therion 75 and its one of my top three mods. Build quality is second to none and extremely durable. A bit heavy, but we'll built. But the leather won't stay pristine unless you never take it out of the box. :) Not a big deal for me as I plan to get a replacement door at some point.
Thanks you are the second person to give me that review. That helps a lot. Not sure if I said this here or not but the first time I saw the Therion I thought it looked really nice. Then I saw dna75 and that turned me away until I found out they were making a 133 now I hear 167 which is better. I don't plan on using the 2 amp charger but man is it nice in a pinch. Mainly for when I'm driving and bam forgot to change batteries and now I'm on the highway vapeless lol. Granted that scenario will work fine with the 133 though I would rather have the higher watts. You never know what coil I might try and need more than 133 doubtful but you never know

Mind you I'm using an ipv3 awesome little mod but it doesn't have a charge port.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am 99% sure it was. Do you have a pic of the Aria Solara DNA 200? Never seen it before:cheers:

It's the Aria x Anarchist Solara DNA 200. Yes that's really the full name, lol. Similar size and form factor to my Therion or the VT133. Problem is I bought it used and the lipo battery was shoddily replaced and it's not working right, won't take a charge and the battery recovery in eScribe does nothing. Trying to recover my money now.
http://ariabuilt.com/premium-mods/7ip732xkqyctkv95g1umri9fp88ek3

DNA200_NoLogo.jpg

Editing to add: BeyondVape/Aria was willing to do warranty work on it even though I bought it used. Good service there. Won't be doing that though because can't ask them to fix someone else's hack job.

Last edited:

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have a Therion 75. It is my current favorite mod, even though it has 3-4 small fit and finish imperfections. The shape of the wood inlays isn't perfect, the leather was not applied smoothly in one spot, there's a tiny spot I can see but not feel where pieces of the frame meet up where some metal is rough, and the battery door will shift a tiny bit if I am holding it in a thumb firing, button pointing back position. Overall though I'd say this design is at or near the top of the classy mid level mod market and I still love it with its little OCD level faults. I will likely buy a 133 and/or a 167 down the line.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like Evolv snuck a new firmware upgrade in on me. Here's the link if anyone is interested. I'm not at home atm so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I will when I get home tonight.

[EARLY]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP4 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP4_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the EScribe side:
- This resolves some scaling issues in Large Fonts mode / on high-DPI screens.
- Get Information shows which tests were actually performed by the manufacturer in Production Utility.
- Get Information's Manufacturer link did not work in 1.2 SP3. This has been fixed.
- When you had more than one DNA device connected, the auto-connect did not automatically select the new one in the Connect dialog. This has been fixed.
- Minor compatibility and bug fixes.

On the device side:
- Fixed a bug on the DNA 250 that could cause its charging to be slow with certain USB cables (in my tests, the problem cables were flat).

Other:
- For DNA 250, Production Utility now requires charge tests to be at least 900 mA. This may require a powered USB hub.

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like Evolv snuck a new firmware upgrade in on me. Here's the link if anyone is interested. I'm not at home atm so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I will when I get home tonight.

[EARLY]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP4 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP4_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the EScribe side:
- This resolves some scaling issues in Large Fonts mode / on high-DPI screens.
- Get Information shows which tests were actually performed by the manufacturer in Production Utility.
- Get Information's Manufacturer link did not work in 1.2 SP3. This has been fixed.
- When you had more than one DNA device connected, the auto-connect did not automatically select the new one in the Connect dialog. This has been fixed.
- Minor compatibility and bug fixes.

On the device side:
- Fixed a bug on the DNA 250 that could cause its charging to be slow with certain USB cables (in my tests, the problem cables were flat).

Other:
- For DNA 250, Production Utility now requires charge tests to be at least 900 mA. This may require a powered USB hub.

Cheers,
Steve
Can't wait to get home after work and update escribe. Gives me something to do now.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I installed the update and it's not a firmware update for the DNA200. I started combing through Evolvs site and apparently it's for charging issues the DNA250 was having. I'm not uninstalling it because I'll probably end up with a DNA250 somewhere down the line. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you are wondering why you don't see the blue writing telling you there is a service pack/update you can install when you plug your DNA200's in.

Cheers,
Steve

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
I have a Therion 75. It is my current favorite mod, even though it has 3-4 small fit and finish imperfections. The shape of the wood inlays isn't perfect, the leather was not applied smoothly in one spot, there's a tiny spot I can see but not feel where pieces of the frame meet up where some metal is rough, and the battery door will shift a tiny bit if I am holding it in a thumb firing, button pointing back position. Overall though I'd say this design is at or near the top of the classy mid level mod market and I still love it with its little OCD level faults. I will likely buy a 133 and/or a 167 down the line.
I had similar door issue. Easy fix for me was just to press the two sides together by hand after removing the door from the mod. It hasn't moved a bit since then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No I ordered a custom dna250 from vaporized nomads. The boss 3000. Always wanted one and now that they come with a 250, I pulled the trigger. Was real hard forking out that kind of money:(
Those are cool, congrats. Please do a post about it when you've had a chance to use it!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I couldn't resist ordering the Red Ostrich Therion 133 when they were on sale for $106. Thanks buddy for the heads up. My favorite mods without question are DNA200's in a dual 18650 configuration.
5879001-4.jpg

5879001-3.jpg

That looks pretty. I almost did the same but decided to wait for the 166 to come out. Not so much the wattage as the faster charging, making it a reasonable choice to simply leave a pair of batteries in rather then swapping and keeping track of married sets. I have something like 4 trios for rotating through my 200W mods, and this would just be one less worry. I'm sure it would be fine with the 133, but at this point it's no real rush.

I'd also like to pick up a few different Triade backs now that they're being released as well since the Triade 250 announcement/release.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I couldn't resist ordering the Red Ostrich Therion 133 when they were on sale for $106. Thanks buddy for the heads up. My favorite mods without question are DNA200's in a dual 18650 configuration.
5879001-4.jpg

5879001-3.jpg

Very nice! I pussed out and cancelled mine this morning:( Those Dna250 mods need to show up soon and hope the charging issues get fixed quick:headbang:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice! I pussed out and cancelled mine this morning:( Those Dna250 mods need to show up soon:headbang:
I've been thinking about it. As of this minute (subject to change) my thinking is I've been very happy with the DNA200 chip.

It's a proven chip. It's been out the longest (compared to the 75 & 250), all the bugs are worked out. I started thinking about that after looking around Evolvs site when researching the SP4 update.

Either 133 or 200 watts are more than enough. Another factor is price, I think $106 was a great price. I'm assuming if/when it comes out with a DNA250 it will be more expensive.

Like I said that's the way I'm looking at it now, this is all subject to change.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Didn't see this posted yet...View attachment 63367
That mod looks bad ass. One problem is if it's lipo it will be too small of a lipo I'm sure which has turned me off from about 90% of the dna 200s the other 10% is too much money for me or way too big. If it's 3 18650 I might be interested gotta see it first. I don't like the look of the realuex.

Does the 250 have reverse protection? If so I hope the 3 18650 styles won't have enough the plastic protector like the realuex does.

Edit to add I think the bigger lipo mods are too big. They look huge but the dimensions don't seem that way. I have never seen any first hand and I hardly buy things online that I haven't seen before. Almost made the mistake with the God 180. Glad I waited on that mod it was shitty when I first held it at a store.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That mod looks bad ass. One problem is if it's lipo it will be too small of a lipo I'm sure which has turned me off from about 90% of the dna 200s the other 10% is too much money for me or way too big. If it's 3 18650 I might be interested gotta see it first. I don't like the look of the realuex.

Does the 250 have reverse protection? If so I hope the 3 18650 styles won't have enough the plastic protector like the realuex does.

Edit to add I think the bigger lipo mods are too big. They look huge but the dimensions don't seem that way. I have never seen any first hand and I hardly buy things online that I haven't seen before. Almost made the mistake with the God 180. Glad I waited on that mod it was shitty when I first held it at a store.
The main advantages of the DNA250 vs the 200 are:
1. Increased power - 50 watts (5 more amps as well).
2. Reverse polarity protection
3. Built in 2 amp charging
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna200.pdf
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250.pdf

Those aren't the only differences but the main ones off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I know I know Google is my friend but I was lazy. :D
Sadly I didn't google that, it's in my head :facepalm:. I have Evolv's site bookmarked so I just copied and pasted the links to the chips Datasheets for you.

The LV Triade DNA250 is out (3 x 18650). I ended up cancelling my Therion 133 this morning and ordering the Triade 250 from Ecig.com. I figured with a one time use code I had and a little store credit (only $5) it was about the same price. I ended up listening to my friends here and decided to wait for the Therion to come out with a DNA250 (167 watts) chip (This is the second time I've ended up cancelling a Therion - maybe I should take that as a sign :giggle:). I may very well end up not buying one at all, first it was the 75 I cancelled waiting for the 133, now I'm waiting for the 167. They should have just released it with a DNA200 in the first place and I would have already had one.

I just made the change today and it said pre-order. However I just received a tracking number. I'm not sure if they came in early or if they just printed the label. Either way I'm glad I made the change. Looks like I'm going to be the proud owner of a DNA250 sometime next week :D :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The LV Triade DNA250 is out (3 x 18650). I ended up cancelling my Therion 133 this morning and ordering the Triade 250 from Ecig.com. I figured with a one time use code I had and a little store credit (only $5) it was about the same price. I ended up listening to my friends here and decided to wait for the Therion to come out with a DNA250 (167 watts) chip (This is the second time I've ended up cancelling a Therion - maybe I should take that as a sign :giggle:).

Does it have the plastic extensions that the realuex has to keep you from putting the batteries in backwards? I looked at the photos on ecig.com and it doesn't show the battery area.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it have the plastic extensions that the realuex has to keep you from putting the batteries in backwards? I looked at the photos on ecig.com and it doesn't show the battery area.
I'll find out when I receive it. If it does they are unnecessary and could very well get accidentally, on purpose removed :teehee:

Here's the color I went with. They are calling it Purple but it looks to be the same color as Dark Auburn or Red Ostrich. That's the way it seems to me at least. I've also heard they are selling battery doors now in the different leathers separately.

Picture taken from another site where it's also listed as Purple.
5710200-9.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a quick reminder to everyone. Columbus Day is just around the corner. Probably wouldn't hurt to hold off and see what goes on sale. You'll probably be able to save an extra 10-20%.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't the dna250 have a bigger fuse too? I know people have had problems with there fuse on the dna200 blowing. I think I read some where the put a bigger fuse in the 250.
I read that too. Since the datasheet says max input current is 28 amps, that has to be true! The DNA200 fuse is a 25 amp fuse.
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250.pdf
Cheers,
Steve

Edit: According to the Datasheet (page 11) it's using a 30amp fuse

"Fuse
Because of the energy and power stored in the battery, the DNA 250 includes an onboard 30
amp SMT fuse. The fuse is located on the underside of the PCB near the B+ battery terminal, and is labelled “Fuse”

In normal operation the fuse should never blow. However, in the event of an error or short circuit on the board, the fuse will protect the battery. Should it need to be replaced, the fuse is manufactured by Bel Power Solutions, part number C1H30."

Last edited:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a quick reminder to everyone. Columbus Day is just around the corner. Probably wouldn't hurt to hold off and see what goes on sale. You'll probably be able to save an extra 10-20%.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Exactly what I am waiting for... if there isn't a sale attached to it, I'll just wait til there is ;-) Plus this allows you all with the 250's to find the quirks and aid me in my next mod purchase... although odds are it will be another VT133 lol

VU Sponsors