Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just a quick note... some of you might remember SirRichard posted about 2 weeks ago that he received a vape item from GearBest he won in a giveaway. About 2 weeks after he received the item, he received a bill from FedEx for $20 and change, which was also charged to the handful of other people who received a 'free' item. (They also received an invoice via mail from FedEx, a couple weeks after receiving their vape item.)

All have contacted GB, who said they were unaware of the charge and would reimburse these individuals. SirRichard (the first to contact GB) got his reimbursement, but the others are still waiting...

So the question was, was this an FDA fee, or was FedEx charging $20 to complete the new FDA paperwork? SirRichard tried to get an answer out of FedEx, and they finally returned his call. FedEx charges $20 for the paperwork they have to fill out for the FDA. I don't know if this only applies to vape gear coming from China, but if ordering from China, don't use FedEx. In fact AFAIC I am not using FedEx period.

(SirRichard, I trust you didn't mind me spreading the word here. :))

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Everyone been a minute since I've been on the forum but have been trying to catch up. I'm like many others have also really been thinking the Therion 133 over and came really close to pulling the trigger on the Gearbest and Fasttech sale . To me I worry about how the leather will hold up as I've read mixed reviews about this . So I may wait till the Think Vape "Finder" 133 comes out in Carbon Fiber .They look pretty much just like a Therion. To me its no big deal rather I purchase a device with the new DNA250 just as long as evolve continues to ad updates to the DNA200 board and not focus only on the DNA250 for updates. Who knows maybe Think Vape will offer the Finder with a DNA250 (167 watts)since they haven't released the 133 yet .
Up until yesterday I had not owned any Lost Vape mods or DNA200 mods with a Lipo . I watched a new seller on ebay for the last 2 weeks to make sure they were getting good feedback and shipping all the mods out with no problems. Turns out they are a really good seller and I received my Lost Vape Halcyon DNA200 squonker Kit with the Malstrom RDA shipped to my door for $90 all within 2 days from pulling the trigger. The seller has them in Blue and Stainless for $90 + $6 for shipping with a "Buy Now " or you can use a "Make Offer". They also have the Black model but for some reason its $90 and $10.28 shipping with "buy now" or you can use a "Make Offer" which is what I did for $79.82 and the $10.28 shipping for a total of $90. The kit came by USPS Priority mail in one those large bag style envelopes . It had some extra padding around the kit but the plastic case the Halcyon came in did have some small cracks in it . So one may want to ask the seller to ship in a box and pay a little extra. . This is the best deal I've seen yet for the Lost Vape Halcyon full kit . I'm in no way connected in any way to the seller but thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case anyone wants to try their hands at squonking using a DNA 200 device . So far I've vaped two tanks worth juice and even at 80 watts on my TSUNAMI 24MM RDA, its not been to bad on battery life with the included 900 mAh lipo ( same as 2700mah) HobbyKing sells a " Turnigy nano-tech 950 mAh 3S 25-50c lipo pack " for $9.60 that may be a little better then the one it comes with or just to have a extra but it may require adding XT-30 connectors which should be fairly simple and cheap (less then $2 per connector).
I have watched now for months for deals for the Lost Vape Halcyon and just never could justify spending the $220 they were mainly being sold for or even $175 on cheapest sale(out of China). but for $90 shipped (in U.S.) I'm really enjoying this mod..As mentioned this is also the full kit with Maltrom RDA which also includes two extra bottles.I don't care much for the Malstrom and haven't even tried it due to not liking the looks of the 510 drip tip or the chuff cap . had bought a Geekvape 24MM TSUNAMI RDAI when they first came out and only used it maybe a week as it was tough to drip on due to side airflow..It came with a BF squonk pin and works great as a squonker RDA once you figure out about how hard to squeeze the bottle to squonk. I can now get back to using RDA(s) and enjoy such great flavor without having all the trouble of dripping. The bottles hold 7-8ml .and I've already figured out how to take them in/out in just seconds. This also allows me to change between flavors using same RDA without re-wicking
included the ebay item number (below) and you can look at the other sellers auctions to find other colors . They have some pretty decent prices. & also had the Asmodus Minikin 120W for $35 but I no longer see it.. I've noticed if they sell out any certain item they usually list more the same mods etc .I seen them sell out the Halcyon on least 5-6 auctions with 5 of the same color per auction and re-list tem again and again.. I also seen on one auction they mention " they are only online Monday -Friday from 8am-5pm. So it could be Monday before they ad more if they sell out or could accept a swap offer .Hope everyone has a Great weekend !
Use eBay item number: (just type # under search and it will bring up auction)

152268101684 : for Stainless

152268102645 :for Blue

152255941947 :for Black

Here is my small stable of mods now with the newest edition

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not exactly VT133, but that's what I'm doing this on.
I have .36mm 316L from Crazy Wire.
Wound two coils on the Supreme, test, juice it up, fire up the device manager, get lousy vape.
Downloaded SE csv, made certain all is fine with the VT133, still crap.
Any ideas?
SS316S.PNG SS316.PNG

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not exactly VT133, but that's what I'm doing this on.
I have .36mm 316L from Crazy Wire.
Wound two coils on the Supreme, test, juice it up, fire up the device manager, get lousy vape.
Downloaded SE csv, made certain all is fine with the VT133, still crap.
Any ideas?
View attachment 63490 View attachment 63491
I've never used CW SS316L so I'm going to go on the assumption it's really 316L (I'm leery of CW after the SS430).

If the atty wasn't room temperature, it would have locked in a resistance higher than it is. That would cause the mod to think it wasn't reaching the set temp.

You said the vape was bad. Do you mean it's too hot or too cool.

If CW's 316's TCR is off that would also cause the problem.

Here's what my SS316L TFR curve looks like
upload_2016-10-8_21-26-28.png

I would go onto steam engine and input my particulars for the coils to make sure the resistance you are getting matches what the site says it should be. I'm just not sure with never using CW's SS316L. I know using Lightning Vapes SS316L Claptons using Steam Engines curve I'm not having any problems.

Worse comes to worse, check the grub screws, make sure the coils aren't shorting, etc. Maybe try another set of coils. Wish I was more help.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: Here's my SS316L Claptons (28,36) from LV using SE 316L curve
upload_2016-10-8_21-44-14.png

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've never used CW SS316L so I'm going to go on the assumption it's really 316L (I'm leery of CW after the SS430).

You said the vape was bad. Do you mean it's too hot or too cool.

If CW's 316's TCR is off that would also cause the problem.

Here's what my SS316L TFR curve looks like

Way cool and no vapor production.
Your curve matches mine. Nothing 'wrong' with the coils, stable resistance, etc.
I'll chalk it up to CW and just toss the wire. I have other, better wire.
This and the 430 from there are garbage. Luckily, this was part replacement for the bad 430.
At least the NiFe52 is good.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Way cool and no vapor production.
Your curve matches mine. Nothing 'wrong' with the coils, stable resistance, etc.
I'll chalk it up to CW and just toss the wire. I have other, better wire.
This and the 430 from there are garbage. Luckily, this was part replacement for the bad 430.
At least the NiFe52 is good.
I agree, their NiFe is good using their TCR. I also received some of their 316L as replacement wire but haven't tried it yet. If your other 316L is working good, I'd come to the same conclusion that you have as well. :cheers:

PS You could try messing around with the TCR and maybe get a better vape. I'd probably just shelve it if I had wire that was working better. I still mainly use my SS430 from Unkeman, SS316L Clapton from LV, and NiFe from CW. I think out of all of it I like the Unk SS430 the best. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Cheers,
Steve

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New paint job
06a3af6706d243e59b58937293a9c831.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I agree, their NiFe is good using their TCR. I also received some of their 316L as replacement wire but haven't tried it yet. If your other 316L is working good, I'd come to the same conclusion that you have as well. :cheers:

PS You could try messing around with the TCR and maybe get a better vape. I'd probably just shelve it if I had wire that was working better. I still mainly use my SS430 from Unkeman, SS316L Clapton from LV, and NiFe from CW. I think out of all of it I like the Unk SS430 the best. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Cheers,
Steve
I'm not happy with crazy wire at all personally. I did order some from advanced vape supply and am much happier with them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not happy with crazy wire at all personally. I did order some from advanced vape supply and am much happier with them.

I'm not happy with the SS430 I ordered from them but the NiFe they sent seems to be ok.

I thought you said in an earlier post that you liked the NiFe wire you got from them. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I probably won't be ordering more wire myself from them in the future though. They did however make good on the SS430 wire I didn't like.

Out of all my wire (and I have a lot) I prefer the SS430 from Unkamen and the SS316L Clapton wire I bought from Lightning Vape. I looked at Advanced Vape Supply and they had some SS316 Clapton wire that was $20.99 for 30 feet :eek:. In comparison I bought 50 feet of SS316L Clapton from LV for under $15 when they were running a sale (it's great wire). ABS might have good wire but their prices seemed high. I'm quite happy with Unkamen and LV.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
'm not happy with the SS430 I ordered from them but the NiFe they sent seems to be ok.
I probably won't be ordering more wire myself from them in the future though. They did however make good on the SS430 wire I didn't like.

I wasn't happy with the 430 either, though they did send me NiFe52 and the 316L to make up for it. 'Course, the 316L is shyte too.
So, I got to experience the NiFe52 and like it a lot. Can't get the wife to twirl the UNK 430 as it is springy and she loves the NiFe52 for the way it wraps.

Good thing I have quite a bit of that as I do not intend to deal with CW again. Anyone know other sources of that wire?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wasn't happy with the 430 either, though they did send me NiFe52 and the 316L to make up for it. 'Course, the 316L is shyte too.
So, I got to experience the NiFe52 and like it a lot. Can't get the wife to twirl the UNK 430 as it is springy and she loves the NiFe52 for the way it wraps.

Good thing I have quite a bit of that as I do not intend to deal with CW again. Anyone know other sources of that wire?

https://www.zivipf.com/epages/63862...h=/Shops/63862298/Categories/Heizdraht/NiFe48

They ship quick and it's legit. It's the only place i have ever purchased it from. I have sent some to other members to try, maybe they will reply:cheers:

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

@BoostAddict has a great source for the NiFe52 (I believe they are the original place that sold NiFe), they are in Germany however. He sent me some to try and it's great wire. I'm pretty sure this is the place:
https://www.zivipf.com/epages/63862...h=/Shops/63862298/Categories/Heizdraht/NiFe48

PS At most places NiFe 48 and 52 is the same wire (depends on if they list the Ni part or the Fe part first). O believe the original NiFe wire is made by the Kanthal company.
http://www.kanthal.com/en/products/trademarks/nifethal/

Cheers,
Steve

PS BA beat me too the punch :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I know I mentioned this too you earlier but if you lightly torch the Unkamen SS430 with a regular Bic lighter, it takes the springiness away. That's what I do before I coil mine, makes it very easy to work with.

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm not happy with the SS430 I ordered from them but the NiFe they sent seems to be ok.

I thought you said in an earlier post that you liked the NiFe wire you got from them. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Out of all my wire (and I have a lot) I prefer the SS430 from Unkamen and the SS316L Clapton wire I bought from Lightning Vape. I looked at Advanced Vape Supply and they had some SS316 Clapton wire that was $20.99 for 30 feet :eek:. In comparison I bought 50 feet of SS316L Clapton from LV for under $15 when they were running a sale (it's great wire). ABS might have good wire but their prices seemed high. I'm quite happy with Unkamen and LV.

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah I like the nife. Works good no complaints but the issues with consistent wire, the support, the shipping, and the spools ( they are terrible so much got wasted falling off. I had to cut my own notches in the spools to make the wire stay on) has left a bad taste in my mouth personally.

I picked advanced vape supply cause they selection they have. They are a little pricy but fast shipping and good quality gets my vote. And variety. Right now I'm using their vertebraid 6 wire 28g stainless. It works great. They also have ss430 clapton I brought and triple parallel core clapton 316. Most companies I seem don't have many options for wire like that

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will get the Therion 167 for sure! My Triade Dna250 is at my local post office(3 miles). What's the jail time for breaking into a Post Office and taking something you purchased?:giggle:
Mine is less than a mile away at my local post office as well. I was wondering the same thing :teehee:. Worst part is I have to work today. Must be nice to get this as a holiday:facepalm:.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which ones you get??
Mine has the Purple Ostrich on the mod so I bought the Red Ostrich to go with it. I'm still looking at getting one or two more.
@BoostAddict this is your second post about the Triade but this is a VT133 thread you know.

Those battery doors are nice though.
We talk about a lot of different DNA mods here. I'm thinking about editing the title to add something like all things DNA.

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors