Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After upgrading Escribe to v1.2sp3, my battery warning doesn't appear. The battery gets too low to reach temp, which is obvious, and has not happened before. It looks like all settings are same as the previous version. Anyone else?

Batteries: HG2 (3 months old)
Wh: 22.2
Soft cutoff: 3.09v
I'm still getting the weak battery warning when my cells are empty and I'm using 1.2 SP3. I have my softcell cutoff set to 2.8v. I also have uploaded a battery discharge curve gor the HG2.

I use TC and I'm normally between 30-35 watts, 420-450F, preheat 60-75 watts. When I get the weak battery warning my resting voltage is 3.0-3.1v

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New to me, probably old hat to most of you.

Strange little problem with the VT133 jumping out of TC while using the Crius Plus (V-Deck) and a dual 24g SS316L build at 0.20Ω. The VT133 read it as 0.21Ω and all seemed fine until you fired the build. The temperature reading would jump to 5 digits 413?? and then switch to OFF. I removed the RTA, reset the resistance and put the RTA back on, same problem. Pulled the deck checked the coils for cut leads and made sure the grub screws were tight, all good.

Put it back on the VT133 and same problem. The Crius vaped fine at 65W in power mode so I know it couldn't be the build. I tried it on the VT75 and found the same problem...
Bingo :idea:

The base of the Crius Plus has interchangeable decks. Conductivity is made with a moveable brass pin through a rubber grommet on the 510 connector, this butts up against the decks main post. I had cleaned both of those with a piece of paper towel when I put the build in and they were not dirty. So I took the deck out again and applied a little 600 grit wet/dry paper to both the ends of 510 pins and deck post.

Put it all back together, the VT133 read it as 0.20Ω , hit the fire button and it's all working perfectly now. The pins didn't look corroded at all, but there must have been just enough to cause a big jump in resistance and the VT133 to kick out of TC.

This is the first time I have experienced the DNA jumping out of TC and I'll have to watch the Crius to see if it does it again.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New to me, probably old hat to most of you.

Strange little problem with the VT133 jumping out of TC while using the Crius Plus (V-Deck) and a dual 24g SS316L build at 0.20Ω. The VT133 read it as 0.21Ω and all seemed fine until you fired the build. The temperature reading would jump to 5 digits 413?? and then switch to OFF. I removed the RTA, reset the resistance and put the RTA back on, same problem. Pulled the deck checked the coils for cut leads and made sure the grub screws were tight, all good.

Put it back on the VT133 and same problem. The Crius vaped fine at 65W in power mode so I know it couldn't be the build. I tried it on the VT75 and found the same problem...
Bingo :idea:

The base of the Crius Plus has interchangeable decks. Conductivity is made with a moveable brass pin through a rubber grommet on the 510 connector, this butts up against the decks main post. I had cleaned both of those with a piece of paper towel when I put the build in and they were not dirty. So I took the deck out again and applied a little 600 grit wet/dry paper to both the ends of 510 pins and deck post.

Put it all back together, the VT133 read it as 0.20Ω , hit the fire button and it's all working perfectly now. The pins didn't look corroded at all, but there must have been just enough to cause a big jump in resistance and the VT133 to kick out of TC.

This is the first time I have experienced the DNA jumping out of TC and I'll have to watch the Crius to see if it does it again.
Have you locked your residence in TC ?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you locked your residence in TC ?
That wasn't the problem. The problem was the deck was losing solid contact with the 510 pin inside the atty. That's one of the main reasons I only use RTA's now. That was always a weak point, especially if using TC.The least amount of connections/contact points, the better in TC!

PS @TrollDragon I'm happy to hear you have it sorted now!

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Came back around to my VT133 today, in fact the only mod I used today with my new beloved Limitless XL. Loving the black and silver, tribute to my team just in time for Football.

Go Raiders!!!

72eee119d4d19011ab420536100182a9.jpg

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Came back around to my VT133 today, in fact the only mod I used today with my new beloved Limitless XL. Loving the black and silver, tribute to my team just in time for Football.

Go Raiders!!!

72eee119d4d19011ab420536100182a9.jpg

That's weird, my limitless xl is black and gold.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is the limitless xl ? Worth buying?
Very much so, imo. I got both of mine for about $30 each. Best deal at time for the silver was from GB for 26$ because I had a coupon.

As for the tank... It is quite nice, my fav overall at the moment. The wicking can be a bit finicky (little cotton inside chamber, rest of wick sitting just above), the vape is full and flavorful. I prefer a simple dual 7wrap 24G SS, but Claptons work really well for a warm to hot vape. I am not a fan of the "Chip Coil"...gets way too hot to be useful for my taste.

The RBA section (dual) is very nice and large. The single coil RBA section is good, but I prefer dual.

Im a fan

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Gearbest is having a flash sale for some Chinese holiday. few things
VT133 87.66 (black)
IPV5 42.20 (black or white)
VT75 63-73 (depending on color)
SMY DNa75 53.31 (multiple colors)
Therion DNA 75 95 bucks (3 color options)
Hotcig R150 with abalone shell 65.39

Link: http://www.gearbest.com/promotion-c...&utm_source=webgains&utm_campaign=GearbestUSA

Lots of good RDAs and tanks too under 35 bucks
Edit: also they have the pharaoh RDA for 26.63 lowest i've seen it at. Highly recommend it. 8 left in SS 212 left in black

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well we got a nice pass play td. Time to step up the D. GO BLUE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The D has been playing great all game. Hell, we missed 3 FG's. We should be up by 16 points. We need to get the kicking game straightened out!

Agreed on the TD! We needed that! :vino:

Last edited:

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey guys I've never ordered from gearbest how long does the shipping take I live on the eastcoast md. Thankyou four any replies

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey guys I've never ordered from gearbest how long does the shipping take I live on the eastcoast md. Thankyou four any replies
They aren't the fastest. I'm in Michigan and my orders usually take anywhere from 3 weeks to a month.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit They ship quickly but don't offer an USPS E-Packet option so the transport time isn't the quickest. I usually go with either the free or registered option depending on the value of the order. I've never went with the higher priced options.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my VT133, but have been getting a little jealous looking at some of the newer DNA mods coming out with nice wood and leather accents. I decided to spruce my baby up a little and add a black "leather" wrap to the door. I think it looks rather nice with the wrap and I love the textured grip, it has a bit of that worn leather feel to it.

v1_zpstd0qxmi7.jpg
v2_zpsumq2gbzn.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I love my VT133, but have been getting a little jealous looking at some of the newer DNA mods coming out with nice wood and leather accents. I decided to spruce my baby up a little and add a black "leather" wrap to the door. I think it looks rather nice with the wrap and I love the textured grip, it has a bit of that worn leather feel to it.

v1_zpstd0qxmi7.jpg
v2_zpsumq2gbzn.jpg
Very nice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

v1_zpstd0qxmi7.jpg
v2_zpsumq2gbzn.jpg

that looks really cool!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

v1_zpstd0qxmi7.jpg
v2_zpsumq2gbzn.jpg
I seen wraps like that one but haven't bought one yet. Your vt133 looks sweet. I'm gonna pick one up. Where did you pick up yours at??

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seen wraps like that one but haven't bought one yet. Your vt133 looks sweet. I'm gonna pick one up. Where did you pick up yours at??
Thanks! I picked it up at Vapor Skinz during their Labor Day sale. J-Wraps has a textured Croc skin wrap too, but I wanted to stay with a simple leather texture. I really like it, feels great and gives my VT133 that little bit of elegance it deserves. :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I picked it up at Vapor Skinz during their Labor Day sale. J-Wraps has a textured Croc skin wrap too, but I wanted to stay with a simple leather texture. I really like it, feels great and gives my VT133 that little bit of elegance it deserves. :)

I got the same Clam Shell wrap on my Silver Framed VT133... I had to stretch it a little using a blow dryer, notice yours has the tiny gap on the one side also... I contacted VS about it and they sent me a second one free...unfortunately its the same...Haven't used it though, just used the border of the first cut and laid it over the new one...same size. Had it now I think 2 weeks, still holding tough.

upload_2016-10-1_23-19-19.pngupload_2016-10-1_23-21-1.png

LLF1968

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpeg

The paint in my mod came off. Any quick fix for this or i need to buy another battery door?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the same Clam Shell wrap on my Silver Framed VT133... I had to stretch it a little using a blow dryer, notice yours has the tiny gap on the one side also... I contacted VS about it and they sent me a second one free...unfortunately its the same...Haven't used it though, just used the border of the first cut and laid it over the new one...same size. Had it now I think 2 weeks, still holding tough.

View attachment 63036View attachment 63037
There is a tiny gap, I probably could have stretched it a bit more, but I was pleased how it came out. I really like how the wrap looks with the silver frame, it really makes it pop, looks nice. I noticed and yours as on mine, the cutout for the VT badge is perfect. It makes the badge look like it was pressed into the "leather".

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May have to look into a skin as well.
Like LLF... one of my Blacks is peeling at the back of the cover.

I have a second Black that's fine. The bad one has developed Orange Peel the entire height of the cover (just on the curved portion though), the good one is still smooth.

Trying to recall which was Ecig and which was VNW... I think the bad one came from VNW.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Very Nice guys.. got me thinking re that..might have to do something along those lines.... :idea:

pictures didn't quote .. damn!:tantrum:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was this device announced before August 8th? I was planning to order one from a US vendor because I was worried about that. Then I got a stupid deal on a Aria Solara DNA 200 and decided to wait a bit.

I am 99% sure it was. Do you have a pic of the Aria Solara DNA 200? Never seen it before:cheers:

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone had a honest review of the therion 133? Also I read somewhere they are going to produce them with the 250 chip. Anyone have any news on that?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Does anyone had a honest review of the therion 133? Also I read somewhere they are going to produce them with the 250 chip. Anyone have any news on that?
lostvape therion 167 and the thinkvape finder 167 are going to be dual 18650 DNA250 mods. I'm waiting for more info on them as well cause i wanna get one, not sure which one though. The info is pretty rare outside of a few pictures

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah sorry I was being technical saying the 250 chip lol but someone put on vaping underground that they didn't like the build quality of the therion 75 but that was one person and one mod. It's hard to find much info about the 133 and the only place I heard about the 167 was in this thread I believe.

I think the 250 chip is the same as the 200 size wise. I have seen a picture with it in a 200 mod. So my thinking is that the 167 therion is the same as the 133 just different chip.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah sorry I was being technical saying the 250 chip lol but someone put on vaping underground that they didn't like the build quality of the therion 75 but that was one person and one mod. It's hard to find much info about the 133 and the only place I heard about the 167 was in this thread I believe.

I think the 250 chip is the same as the 200 size wise. I have seen a picture with it in a 200 mod. So my thinking is that the 167 therion is the same as the 133 just different chip.

Some places have already listed the Therion 166: http://www.vaperoyalty.com/lost-vape-therion-dna166-mod/ You can add your email to be informed when there in stock.

Can't comment on the build quality, only had the Triade DNA200 which I sold before the DNA250's hit the market and damage my resale value. I have my eye on the Therion or Lost Vape 166 myself. If I go with the Therion I personally would pick the black leather, the red leather on my Triade was not wearing well and that was with light use. Aside from that I had no other problems with my Triade, just like the form factor of the 2 battery mods better.

VU Sponsors