Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered the elaphant and pearl coffee. I had been looking for a while but could never find them.
I'm really starting to think I'm in the minority when it comes to liking the Ostrich :confused:. I do like the Elephant and one that I saw called Italian Leather or Chocolate (it's Black and almost looks like a basket weave). Does anyone know if that one is being sold? The problem is different places seem to call some of them by different names.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I see the Red Ostrich sold out so I can't be the only one that likes it :D:teehee:

Last edited:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really starting to think I'm in the minority when it comes to liking the Ostrich :confused:. I do like the Elephant and one that I saw called Italian Leather or Chocolate (it's Black and almost looks like a basket weave). Does anyone know if that one is being sold? The problem is different places seem to call some of them by different names.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I see the Red Ostrich sold out so I can't be the only one that likes it :D:teehee:

The Ostrich is a endangered species......Killer:devil: I wonder how they catch them:deadhorse:

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Ostrich is a endangered species......Killer:devil: I wonder how the catch them:deadhorse:
There you go trying to make me feel bad:(. I'd feel worse buying Elephant :p:D. The Ostrich is farmed raise lol (no hate mail please - I'm just messing around).

OK Here's a couple of pics of what I was talking about
First is the Italian Leather or Chocolate
20160810185035_44802.jpg

This is the Black/Brown I like - it has a distressed look. (I realize these are on the Therion and might not be available for the Triade - I don't think it's the Black/Brown being sold on the Bay)
20160810185019_17477.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrote the seller and changed my mind. That black brown looKS awesome. Asked him if he would change the elaphant to black brown. Will see, if not I'll be happy with the elaphant.
i'm not sure if that's the one he's selling Nev. I don't see any in the picture that matches it. If I was the seller, I'd have a picture labeled with each color (that would make it too easy though - we can't have that :giggle::devil:)

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i'm not sure if that's the one he's selling Nev. I don't see any in the picture that matches it. If I was the seller, I'd have a picture labeled with each color (that would make it too easy though - we can't have that :giggle::devil:)
Yeah well I have the elaphant and pearl coffee coming. I'm happy with those two for now. Maybe when he gets the black/brown in Stock and if it's the one you pictured I'll buy it.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Everyone been a minute since I've been on the forum but have been trying to catch up. I'm like many others have also really been thinking the Therion 133 over and came really close to pulling the trigger on the Gearbest and Fasttech sale . To me I worry about how the leather will hold up as I've read mixed reviews about this . So I may wait till the Think Vape "Finder" 133 comes out in Carbon Fiber .They look pretty much just like a Therion. To me its no big deal rather I purchase a device with the new DNA250 just as long as evolve continues to ad updates to the DNA200 board and not focus only on the DNA250 for updates. Who knows maybe Think Vape will offer the Finder with a DNA250 (167 watts)since they haven't released the 133 yet .
Up until yesterday I had not owned any Lost Vape mods or DNA200 mods with a Lipo . I watched a new seller on ebay for the last 2 weeks to make sure they were getting good feedback and shipping all the mods out with no problems. Turns out they are a really good seller and I received my Lost Vape Halcyon DNA200 squonker Kit with the Malstrom RDA shipped to my door for $90 all within 2 days from pulling the trigger. The seller has them in Blue and Stainless for $90 + $6 for shipping with a "Buy Now " or you can use a "Make Offer". They also have the Black model but for some reason its $90 and $10.28 shipping with "buy now" or you can use a "Make Offer" which is what I did for $79.82 and the $10.28 shipping for a total of $90. The kit came by USPS Priority mail in one those large bag style envelopes . It had some extra padding around the kit but the plastic case the Halcyon came in did have some small cracks in it . So one may want to ask the seller to ship in a box and pay a little extra. . This is the best deal I've seen yet for the Lost Vape Halcyon full kit . I'm in no way connected in any way to the seller but thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case anyone wants to try their hands at squonking using a DNA 200 device . So far I've vaped two tanks worth juice and even at 80 watts on my TSUNAMI 24MM RDA, its not been to bad on battery life with the included 900 mAh lipo ( same as 2700mah) HobbyKing sells a " Turnigy nano-tech 950 mAh 3S 25-50c lipo pack " for $9.60 that may be a little better then the one it comes with or just to have a extra but it may require adding XT-30 connectors which should be fairly simple and cheap (less then $2 per connector).
I have watched now for months for deals for the Lost Vape Halcyon and just never could justify spending the $220 they were mainly being sold for or even $175 on cheapest sale(out of China). but for $90 shipped (in U.S.) I'm really enjoying this mod..As mentioned this is also the full kit with Maltrom RDA which also includes two extra bottles.I don't care much for the Malstrom and haven't even tried it due to not liking the looks of the 510 drip tip or the chuff cap . had bought a Geekvape 24MM TSUNAMI RDAI when they first came out and only used it maybe a week as it was tough to drip on due to side airflow..It came with a BF squonk pin and works great as a squonker RDA once you figure out about how hard to squeeze the bottle to squonk. I can now get back to using RDA(s) and enjoy such great flavor without having all the trouble of dripping. The bottles hold 7-8ml .and I've already figured out how to take them in/out in just seconds. This also allows me to change between flavors using same RDA without re-wicking
included the ebay item number (below) and you can look at the other sellers auctions to find other colors . They have some pretty decent prices. & also had the Asmodus Minikin 120W for $35 but I no longer see it.. I've noticed if they sell out any certain item they usually list more the same mods etc .I seen them sell out the Halcyon on least 5-6 auctions with 5 of the same color per auction and re-list tem again and again.. I also seen on one auction they mention " they are only online Monday -Friday from 8am-5pm. So it could be Monday before they ad more if they sell out or could accept a swap offer .Hope everyone has a Great weekend !
Use eBay item number: (just type # under search and it will bring up auction)

152268101684 : for Stainless

152268102645 :for Blue

152255941947 :for Black

Here is my small stable of mods now with the newest edition

Thank you for this post Dragon25 ! After a couple of days, I finally talked her into the Black Lost Vape DNA 200 Halcyon Kit... cheap :D My first Squonker and on a Dna board! Already ordered the Tsunami 24 RDA by Geek Vape:cheers:
I need to mix up 500ml of juice quick:vino:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for this post Dragon25 ! After a couple of days, I finally talked her into the Black Lost Vape DNA 200 Halcyon Kit... cheap :D My first Squonker and on a Dna board! Already ordered the Tsunami 24 RDA by Geek Vape:cheers:

View attachment 63614
I hope the Tusnami 24 is better for squonking than the regular Tsunami. You can barely get a tiny squeeze in before it floods out the air tubes.

Stupidest airflow ever designed is on the Kennedy, it ranks right up there with the plume fail's negative post air holes.

Edit Add:
GeekVape putting a velocity deck on the Tsunami remove all the room for wicking... :giggle:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope the Tusnami 24 is better for squonking than the regular Tsunami. You can barely get a tiny squeeze in before it floods out the air tubes.

Stupidest airflow ever designed is on the Kennedy, it ranks right up there with the plume fail's negative post air holes.

Edit Add:
GeekVape putting a velocity deck on the Tsunami remove all the room for wicking... :giggle:

It's a little better:devil:

• 7mm Deep Juice Well
  • 20mm Build Deck Diameter
  • Capture.JPG

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a little better:devil:

That looks much better, but I didn't love the Tsunami enough to chase after any other versions. On a side note, I converted my Authentic Royal Hunter over to BF the other night. A Velocity Mini squonk pin fits, with a minor enlargement to the washers and a hole drilled through the center post at the tee.

I really need to convert my Dotmod Petri V2 over to BF, it's such an excellent flavor RDA.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That looks much better, but I didn't love the Tsunami enough to chase after any other versions. On a side note, I converted my Authentic Royal Hunter over to BF the other night. A Velocity Mini squonk pin fits, with a minor enlargement to the washers and a hole drilled through the center post at the tee.

I really need to convert my Dotmod Petri V2 over to BF, it's such an excellent flavor RDA.

I just started, so Squonking is new to me:D I will be picking your brain after i get mine setup:cheers:

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

View attachment 63614

She is a Very nice lady and really takes care of here customers . It was such a good deal it was hard to pass up . I'd hoped one day to find these at a good deal but figured I'd mot see them for less then $125 much less less then $100 . If you did better then $90 like I paid I really don't see how she is making any $ by the time she has to pay around 13 % (or more)in ebay and paypal fees. Which she may not realize the cost of all those fees yet since she is a brand new seller. .I'm lovin mine and considering a second since they are so cheap.. I already had the Tsunami 24 and it works much better as a squonker compared to a dripper which is why I didn't use mine very much. Once you get the hang of how much pressure to use there is not much worry of flooding.I think I've only over squonked twice and it was right when I first re-filled the bottle. Geekvape is coming out with a Tsunami 24 "PLUS" which will have more room for juice.. Heavensgifs has them on pre-order .I may buy one those next and or the 25mm "ShenRay SR One RDA " sold by Folcalecig for less then $13 (make sure you get the one with BFpin)
As a tip if you have not figured it out. Its easier to take both the bottle and tube out then fill and leave only about 1/4" tube out of the bottle and replace it back onto the metal 510 tube. It will pop right on with no resistance and you don't have to try adjust the tube putting it in.
Fatdaddyvapes sells Bottom feeder pins in 2.5 and 3.mm so one can convert many other RDA(s) fairly cheap .You may have to sand down the length of the pin but a file and sandpaper is about all you need while a dremel and sanding wheel.can make it easier . Pick up a couple BF pins in each size.. I may get a Twisted Messes V2 squared clone and convert over .I read it takes a 2.5 pin.

Last edited:

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Me too. HCigar VT Inbox?

http://hcigar.com/index.php/Product/view/id/749.html

Edit: At work, only found the video, haven't watched it yet.
I was just looking at the new Hcigar MAZE RDA as a BF Rda to maybe consider owning. think it looked pretty nice. Did not know they were coming out with a DNA75 Squonker. .Nice find on the video . I seen it for $79.99 pre-order.at Ecig City In a month or two one might could find these for $50 -$60 which is not to bad..On the down side to temp control sqonkers is battery life..i'd quess a single 18650 would not get a lot life.I know my SMT SDNA75 does't but its a good stealth mod for me or I grab it to take out for short store runs etc. .I use Lost Vape DNA 200 squonker at home setting around my computer and can keep it plugged up in between sessions so its no big deal. on a short battery life. My Vt133(s) are my workhorses and see the most usage outside the house. Still I only have to change the batteries on those once at night(around 6-7pm) and put in a fresh set in the morning rather they need it or not just so I have a fully charged set.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On the down side to temp control sqonkers is battery life..i'd quess a single 18650 would not get a lot life

Build higher, live longer? A single coil build at .5ohm or higher will require less power. It's one way to make it through the day. That or carry batteries? I'd like to use the new Hadaly RDA by Psyclone Mods with this since it looks great and comes with a squonk pin. MikeVapes reviewed the RDA yesterday and was using the VT Inbox during the squonking part of the review, but I won't let that stop me, lol.

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Build higher, live longer? A single coil build at .5ohm or higher will require less power. It's one way to make it through the day. That or carry batteries? I'd like to use the new Hadaly RDA by Psyclone Mods with this since it looks great and comes with a squonk pin. MikeVapes reviewed the RDA yesterday and was using the VT Inbox during the squonking part of the review, but I won't let that stop me, lol.

I Watched the review my Mike Vapes .Seems like a really nice RDA for single coil builds but somewhat on the pricey side . It seems a lot RDA(s) are going to these style clamps. I recently picked up the SMOK RBA-16 for my TFV8 that also uses the goon style clamps but have not built on it yet as I'm still running the stock duel octuple core fused clapton coils. I've yet to buy a Goon RDA but hear nice things about it while others claim it can be a pain to build on . I do like larger RDA(s) in the 24-25mm size as I like to build large duel coils and vape at around 70-100 Watts .I DIY my own juice so not hung up on tanks and RDA(s) being juice hogs.This is one the reasons I'm considering the "ShenRay SR One BF RDA " for its 25mm size along with its cheap price.($13) I don't think I've spent over $30 for any RDA,RTA or RDTA .

I've yet to cross over to any 30mm attys but have considered the VCST in 30mm by VaporCloudz as the 25mm model in it only holds 4ml and can;t take more then a 2.5mm in diameter build while the 30mm can take 3 mm + builds and holds more juice. However its only offered in a clone in the 25mm ($15-$22) size while the authentic 30mm model is around $60-$70 I really like the way the VCST wicks & is the best design I've seen which is just like wicking any duel velocity style RDA. It can even be used like a driipper.

Another RDA/RDTA I may consider is the SJMY Split Styled 22mm RTA It has a 2ml tank and also has a BF pin so you can squonk into the 2ml tank everytime it gets empty . This keeps one from over-squonking while adding a extra 2ml .Fasttech has it for around $18 and again make sure you get the one with the BF pin . It is a duel coil + it can be used also as a single coil by use of the included silicone style block-offs.

The new LYNX RDA by DIGIFLAVOR looks promising and I'm hoping it can be converted easy to a Bottom Feeder. .Which I'm guessing it can as I think Digflavor is a sister company to Geekvape and probably uses the same size 510 pin as the Tsunami. .Heavensgifts sells the Tsunami bottom feeder pins or one could use one the Fattdaddyvapes BF pins . I really think I'm enjoying squonking now that a few DNA devices are being offered and larger RDA)s) can be used on them I have always like the flavor from RDA(s) but hated having to drip every few pulls and taking them out in public was a real mess. I've been guilty of dripping and driving and it can be very very dangerous . .The Ijoy RDTA + RDTA Plus (v1) have been my answer before I picked up the Lost Vape DNA200 squonker and will still remain my outside the home attys. The Plus RDTA(s)offers pretty much the same amount of juice as the squonker bottles. The RDTA Plus is right at 6.3-7ml ,and squonk bottles are 7ml. this gives me a pretty good amount of vape before having to refill . I refill may 5-6 times in one day which is still a large amount of juice..I usually average around 1000ml -!300ml in a month

I'm two years into staying off the cigs and so glad that vaping has evolved into where we are at before the FDA shuts the doors on many devices . I'm very happy with my set-ups and I'm now to the point I don't have to upgrade every few weeks to feel like I may be missing out on a better vape experience offed by some new atty or mod.

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this is off topic (lol) I've been experimenting. And I've found I like this higher ohms lower Wattage. I've decided I could live with 75 watts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone know where I can buy a silicone cover for a VT133? All I can find is for the 75 and 200. Neither say they will fit a 133.
Winter is coming and I need some insulation!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know where I can buy a silicone cover for a VT133? All I can find is for the 75 and 200. Neither say they will fit a 133.
Winter is coming and I need some insulation!
I can't say I've ever seen a silicone case for the VT133. I know some have bought wraps for the mod though.
http://www.jwraps.com/Default.asp
Probably not what you are looking for though. If I ever come across any I'll send you the link via PM. i hope you are enjoying the mod my friend! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't say I've ever seen a silicone case for the VT133. I know some have bought wraps for the mod though.
http://www.jwraps.com/Default.asp
Probably not what you are looking for though. If I ever come across any I'll send you the link via PM. i hope you are enjoying the mod my friend! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks, Steve. I've been looking for months. Can I make a VT200 cover work? I have to find or make something. It's just too damn cold here in upstate NY.

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know this is off topic (lol) I've been experimenting. And I've found I like this higher ohms lower Wattage. I've decided I could live with 75 watts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I've found a lot flavors really start to "POP' in flavor above 50-60 watts such as blueberry and many other fruit flavors .Plus if you get into building bigger coils it will take many more watts .A lot of my builds are below .2 and some as low as.07. I'm not the greatest coil builder but I can mange many duel fused clampton style builds and can make many dual parallel clapton coil build by either adding just a regular single wire or adding twisted wire etc.since its nothing more then wrapping two types of wire side by side. I have yet to get into real Alien coils staggered or coils that use fused flat wire . Lately I have cheated by buying wire from "Focusecig".purchased from Gearbest I've been buying their Clapton wire (K 32GA + SS 24GA ) and it works great in Temp Control on my DNA200 devices. It comes in 5 meter roils and I can make around 32-36 coils at $3.96(flash sale) a roll which comes out to $0.11- $0.14 per clampton coil .They also sell the tubes of 10-30 Five inch (5"+) wire short I've tried their juggernaut coils which are two single clamptons side by side with flat ribbon wire wrapped around those.and non clampton Juggernauts .However some wire they have listed is not named correctly like I've seen many other Chinese wire companies name their wire incorrectly So I just look at the pictures in the listing carefully before buying.. They also sell pre-made coils such as Staggered Claptons, Alien Staggered Clapton and many others sold in 2, 5 & 10 packs .MMake sure to check the diameter as I've seen some wire companies offer nice pre-made coils only to find out they were mico coils wrapped at 1.5. The pre-made coils will range in price from $.0.17- $3.00 per coil . Which is still a really good deal .Right now Gearbest has a flash sell on many these coils by "Focusecig".. I included a picture of one my Focusecig wire builds these are wrapped on a 3.12 MM screwdriver so they are little larger then 3mm in diameter..I used fused twisted clampton wire (- 28GA X 2 + 32GA ) running parallel with Juggernaut (NH 0.1 X 0.5 + K 26GA X 2 )wire which is two wires with flat ribbon wire wrapped around it.. It's wrapped 6 times coming in at .11 build . it's a fairly easy coil when the wire is already pre-made but a little tricky fitting it all on the IJoy RDTA Plus and leaving enough room for the cotton. I like to Position my coils high enough for the side air slots to allow air underneath the coils working like "Bottom Air fFow:" for the best flavor .Perhaps Ijoy will make their next RDTA like the Vgod trick tank RDTA which has bottom airflow. The Vgod RDTA is nice bit way to pricey at $60-$70 and being 24mm & only holding 4ml . They should went with 25-26mm and added another 4ml as it doesn't effect flavor since the tank is underneath the deck. A few others have done the same with these new RDTA.(s).making them only hold 2-4ml Why not add larger tanks it doesn't hurt the flavor . Lot people don't like having to re-fill every 30 minutes. Which sucks for must Europeans which can only have 2ml tanks .Hope it doesn't come to that here in the U.S in 2 years. Probably will be worse. Hope we can beat the FDA with all these stupid laws.before August 8th 2018

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, Steve. I've been looking for months. Can I make a VT200 cover work? I have to find or make something. It's just too damn cold here in upstate NY.
They are the same shape but the VT133 is a touch wider than the VT200 (not deeper). The VT200 is a tad taller. You might be able to stretch it but I can't say it would work for sure.

Cheers,
Steve

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I know A lot of use VT133 owners grabbed up the rubbished battery door covers from gerabest while they were offered .I managed to score one green door while they were only 4 left. I was low on cash that week but still should grabbed all 4 .Gearbest also had the blue covers & I managed to grab either 3 or 4 . I also bought 1 extra black door which looks like they barely even painted it and I think you can see some rust under the thin layer of black paint. .I think gearbest sold out of the blue overs maybe 4 times. Not sure who said that Ecig.com claimed they could only get the VT133 covers in batches of 500 but if that is the case Gearbst must have sold 2500 + Blue covers. . Perhaps someone on the forum would let go of a extra rubberized cover ? I'm trying to keep least one extra cover for my two VT133 mods so I really don't have any extra So far the green and blue covers have held up well including the green one hitting the asphalt while I was out walking my dog and he seen a cat while I was expecting it. The bad part is the paint on the frames are starting to wear some .So I'm now considering buying some kind of wraps from Jwraps or one the others wrap companies . I may buy the "Brushed Steel " for the frame and go with carbon fiber for one then some kind of exotic leather for the battery door..I can switch out my battery doors as I have a silver and black door that II could wrap. Personally I never liked silicone cases as I owned one and it seemed it just held juice down inside it and may even helped short out a mod. I know e-juice is not conductive but I still think it can help hold moisture in . I've talked to a few other people who claimed the same and had some mods shorted out and they felt the silicone cases helped play a big part in it. I even seen a Rip Trippers video where he also claimed a silicone case shorted out his mod due to e-juice getting trapped between the mod and the silicone layer. .I have even considered sending a few covers out to have them powdered coated , One could even send the mod out if you removed the board and battery sled. .At worse you can paint it or use the rubberized paint that is mentioned in this thread.

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They are the same shape but the VT133 is a touch wider than the VT200 (not deeper). The VT200 is a tad taller. You might be able to stretch it but I can't say it would work for sure.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks, Steve. I'll have to try the 200. Even if I have to slit one of the sides with a razor knife. I don't think a wrap would cut it.

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know A lot of use VT133 owners grabbed up the rubbished battery door covers from gerabest while they were offered .I managed to score one green door while they were only 4 left. I was low on cash that week but still should grabbed all 4 .Gearbest also had the blue covers & I managed to grab either 3 or 4 . I also bought 1 extra black door which looks like they barely even painted it and I think you can see some rust under the thin layer of black paint. .I think gearbest sold out of the blue overs maybe 4 times. Not sure who said that Ecig.com claimed they could only get the VT133 covers in batches of 500 but if that is the case Gearbst must have sold 2500 + Blue covers. . Perhaps someone on the forum would let go of a extra rubberized cover ? I'm trying to keep least one extra cover for my two VT133 mods so I really don't have any extra So far the green and blue covers have held up well including the green one hitting the asphalt while I was out walking my dog and he seen a cat while I was expecting it. The bad part is the paint on the frames are starting to wear some .So I'm now considering buying some kind of wraps from Jwraps or one the others wrap companies . I may buy the "Brushed Steel " for the frame and go with carbon fiber for one then some kind of exotic leather for the battery door..I can switch out my battery doors as I have a silver and black door that II could wrap. Personally I never liked silicone cases as I owned one and it seemed it just held juice down inside it and may even helped short out a mod. I know e-juice is not conductive but I still think it can help hold moisture in . I've talked to a few other people who claimed the same and had some mods shorted out and they felt the silicone cases helped play a big part in it. I even seen a Rip Trippers video where he also claimed a silicone case shorted out his mod due to e-juice getting trapped between the mod and the silicone layer. .I have even considered sending a few covers out to have them powdered coated , One could even send the mod out if you removed the board and battery sled. .At worse you can paint it or use the rubberized paint that is mentioned in this thread.

Thanks Dragon. I'd really like to cover the whole mod and not just the battery cover. Maybe there are some thick wraps available somewhere. I'll have to look into that.

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Dragon. I'd really like to cover the whole mod and not just the battery cover. Maybe there are some thick wraps available somewhere. I'll have to look into that.
If you can find real carbon fiber wraps and not the imitation vinyl looking CF that may be one your best bets. As mentioned in last message powder coated the whole mod and battery door may be another really good protection. Really not alot to the VT133 as far as taking the board etc out the frame but you still might want a modder to help you out. Powder coating is fairly cheap but finding someone who would take such a small order might be tricky. The right person might charge as little as $10-$20. If you have any buddies who own body shops the might could help[ you out and just include it in with some other car or bike parts being coated but yiou would have to go with that same color a podercoater charges extra most the time per color unless they have several guns set up with various colors. .They even make home powdecoating kits but they are not the cheapest but if you coated several mods or other small car or bike parts etc it might be a good investment . I know silicone cases are not very expensive but a powder coated mod would be a really nice custom feature and lot guys would give you your $ back if you went to re-sell it. I'd love to have powder coated VT133 and would pay a extra $25-$30 for one. You would not have the worry of beating up the paint etc a spodercoating is tough and is why many motorcycle frames are powdercoated . I've really considered having this done myself.on at least one VT133 If I do I'll update this thread .

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Something weird is going on with my Vt133. Ever since I did the last update my battery meter has been a little wonky. Lately, when I leave the mod overnight the batteries are fully drained and dead in the morning. At first I just thought it was an old set of batteries that were not holding a charge. So I charged up a brand new set of LG brownies, popped them in the mod and left them overnight. Same result woke up to a dead mod. The really weird thing is it vapes fine. I'm at a loss for words so I opened up a ticket with Evolv. Lets see what they say.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something weird is going on with my Vt133. Ever since I did the last update my battery meter has been a little wonky. Lately, when I leave the mod overnight the batteries are fully drained and dead in the morning. At first I just thought it was an old set of batteries that were not holding a charge. So I charged up a brand new set of LG brownies, popped them in the mod and left them overnight. Same result woke up to a dead mod. The really weird thing is it vapes fine. I'm at a loss for words so I opened up a ticket with Evolv. Lets see what they say.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I had this happen on a Wismec RX200 but not on a DNA200 .It was showing it was charging for no apparent reason. I think Wosmec copied the DNA200 board and its whats in the RX200 but I may be wrong .Seems I heard something about a lawsuit over this ?? So it could be a similar problem that I also had?? It was from the very first bath of RX200(s) made.I had only used the USB port for one update when it acted up .I kinda got scared to use it and put it up for 2 months then one day decided to try it again. It worked right for about two weeks then back to showing it was always charging. II continued to use it anyway and if I didn't take the batteries out at night they would be dead by morning. I tried to search forums to see if i could find a fix with not much luck. I tighten a ground screw inside the battery tray under a foam plug. This may or may not helped some as it would work right for a week then not work right another week. On one week it killed two fairly new batteries (two separate times) as I left them in overnight I finally did a few updates (it may been 3 behind since it was a first batch)with the last being the 250 watt one.and even added custom "Star Wars" firmware .The RX200 I don't think you can flash the firm ware but on a DNA200 I'm pretty sure you can as I've heard the DNA200 can't really be "Bricked" if it gets a glitch..My RX200 still had a few times it showed charging at all times .Then it kinda fixed itself and has worked right now for the last month 1/2 but I still keep a eye on it .On the last time I messed with it and it has worked the longest I did try and wiggle the USB port around to see if that would help thinking it may not be grounded or was touching the case or something. I suspect that the USB was not grounded correctly or it had a glitch making it think its being charged.at all times killing the batteries .I would think this was some form of bad ground since the batteries die. Just showing the charging on screen should not kill them overnight. Does your VT133 show its being charged as you mentioned the battery monitor has been "wonky ". Hope you get it fixed as I was constantly worried my RX200 might short the batteries and I'd end up with discharged batteries . I had this happen on one my first mods (Kanger Sub box) due to vaping while it was plugged to a USB. It was all I could due to get the battery out side while it was hissing away.It didn't fully blow (discharge and smoke etc) but sure scared the shit out me. I try not to use the USB port for anything but updates now but I did just get a DNA200 with a Lipo and have no way to charge it but by USB.I'm very very careful plugging in the USB cable. .You might could flash the firmware if it has a glitch then load the profiles that Steve has for the Vt133. I think its called a "Hard Reset" or Flashing the firmware. ??? . I'm sure Steve could tell you how to do this .

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I don't know this is a new one for me. I rarely charge through the mod. 95% of my charging is external. I'm going to wait till I hear back from Evolv before I do a hard reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I don't know this is a new one for me. I rarely charge through the mod. 95% of my charging is external. I'm going to wait till I hear back from Evolv before I do a hard reset.

Maybe read on Evolve Forum to see if anyone else has had this problem. or start a Thread asking about it. If one has to send a board back to Evolve I think it requires the board to be completely removed . This would involve removing the battery tray and 510 etc by use of a solder gun. Is this correct ? A Hard Reset would be much easier.Just hope for your sake its not a bad ground to the USB port or anything that requires having to open your mod up. I'm no expert so don't let me worry you maybe it will be as easy as having to just re-install a update. .Best of Luck !

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe read on Evolve Forum to see if anyone else has had this problem. or start a Thread asking about it. If one has to send a board back to Evolve I think it requires the board to completely removed . This would involve removing the battery tray and 510 etc by use of a solder gun. Is this correct ? A Hard Rest would be much easier.Just hope for your sake its not a bad ground to the USB port or anything that requires having to open your mod up. I'm no expert so don't let me worry you maybe it will be as easy as having to just re-install a update. .Best of Luck !
Yeah I don't know about any of that. At this point all I can do is wait to hear back from Evolv. Opening a mod and taking a board out is definitely out of my wheel house.

dwcraig1

Member For 4 Years
Simply removing the batteries and reinstalling them is doing a hard reboot. Most likely Evolv will accept the complete mod for repair.
Does the mod fell warm after being idle after a while?
It certainly wouldn't hurt anything to try re-flashing the firmware.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Simply removing the batteries and reinstalling them is doing a hard reboot. Most likely Evolv will accept the complete mod for repair.
Does the mod fell warm after being idle after a while?
It certainly wouldn't hurt anything to try re-flashing the firmware.
No, it does not feel warm at all in the morning.

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you can find real carbon fiber wraps and not the imitation vinyl looking CF that may be one your best bets. As mentioned in last message powder coated the whole mod and battery door may be another really good protection. Really not alot to the VT133 as far as taking the board etc out the frame but you still might want a modder to help you out. Powder coating is fairly cheap but finding someone who would take such a small order might be tricky. The right person might charge as little as $10-$20. If you have any buddies who own body shops the might could help[ you out and just include it in with some other car or bike parts being coated but yiou would have to go with that same color a podercoater charges extra most the time per color unless they have several guns set up with various colors. .They even make home powdecoating kits but they are not the cheapest but if you coated several mods or other small car or bike parts etc it might be a good investment . I know silicone cases are not very expensive but a powder coated mod would be a really nice custom feature and lot guys would give you your $ back if you went to re-sell it. I'd love to have powder coated VT133 and would pay a extra $25-$30 for one. You would not have the worry of beating up the paint etc a spodercoating is tough and is why many motorcycle frames are powdercoated . I've really considered having this done myself.on at least one VT133 If I do I'll update this thread .

I sent an email to hcigar asking if they knew where I can find silicone covers. I'll see what they say.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This has to be on topic since it has a Dna200 chip:D Single coil..Parallel single SS 316L & SS 316L Clapton wire @ .20 on a Tsunami 24mm. Mod is a Lost Vape Halcyon Dna200 Squonk box. Biggest , thickest clouds i have ever had on a single coil setup. Flavor is amazing:cheers:

IMG_5293.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

VU Sponsors