Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everyone's new mods and wraps look most excellent. :D I have a suggestion that is much cheaper than the usual ones that make our wallets bleed....:D if you hate the little allen wrenches that come with the Supreme (and Griffin and other large tanks with Velocity decks), this tool (you get two of them actually) makes building a breeze. Picked these up a couple months back and couldn't be happier. Well worth the tiny price tag!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone's new mods and wraps look most excellent. :D I have a suggestion that is much cheaper than the usual ones that make our wallets bleed....:D if you hate the little allen wrenches that come with the Supreme (and Griffin and other large tanks with Velocity decks), this tool (you get two of them actually) makes building a breeze. Picked these up a couple months back and couldn't be happier. Well worth the tiny price tag!
First off it's good to see you. I hope all is well! :cheers:

Secondly, I bought the same driver (after talking to 11 thank you for bringing it to my attention :slowclap:). It's probably the best $6 I've ever spent. It makes rebuilding/life easier. I shared them with BA but was remiss not to post about them here. I really like it, highly recommended! :vino:

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First off it's good to see you. I hope all is well! :cheers:

Secondly, I bought the same driver (after talking to 11 thank you for bringing it to my attention :slowclap:). It's probably the best $6 I've ever spent. It makes rebuilding/life easier. I shared them with BA but was remiss not to post about them here. I really like it, highly recommended! :vino:

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah, I got to spend a lousy $6 of Steve's money, and he got to spend about a gazillion of mine. :giggle: :D :giggle: :cheers: Good to see you too, bud. :D

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since there's a little lull here just now, was curious how fast people who DIY juice are going through VG/PG? I use 100% VG and since adopting the Supreme as my go-to tank some months back, am going through a quart a month! Anyone else???

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since there's a little lull here just now, was curious how fast people who DIY juice are going through VG/PG? I use 100% VG and since adopting the Supreme as my go-to tank some months back, am going through a quart a month! Anyone else???
I'm 30/70 PG/VG. I'm going through about half that much but it's still more than I use to go through before switching over to the Supremes. When I used a Billow V2 (22mm) as my main tank I was probably using about half of what I am now. I'm not switching back though. I love the flavor I get with the Supremes. :D

Lets just say I'm really glad I jumped on the glyCube before the prices went up. I didn't realize what a good deal I received until today. I'm still looking @"11" :vino:

Cheers,
Steve

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I hear about stripping the grub screws on velocity decks are they referring to the allen hole or the threads of the screw? I have been cautious tightening the screws on my boreas. I like the fact that I use my own L Allen wrench because it's small and harder to put a lot of torque sence I insert the long portion into the scre. Although if it's the allen hole that strips and a better tool keeps that from happening and allows for more torque to be applied I may be interested in a better tool.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I hear about stripping the grub screws on velocity decks are they referring to the allen hole or the threads of the screw? I have been cautious tightening the screws on my boreas. I like the fact that I use my own L Allen wrench because it's small and harder to put a lot of torque sence I insert the long portion into the scre. Although if it's the allen hole that strips and a better tool keeps that from happening and allows for more torque to be applied I may be interested in a better tool.

The allen hole. The nice thing about the tool mentioned previously, is that it is recommended to avoid just that. It's easier to put pressure head-on into the grub when tightening, and it's made of very hard steel.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apparently e-cig has a flash sale... 25% off everything with FLASH25... got an email the Tirade DNA250 is $199 slashed to $149 and down to $111 using the code above.

EDIT: Pretty interesting that when I click to look at the options, none of them are in stock. :D Good thing I was just window shopping and not looking to buy.

EDIT#2: They do have colors in stock, just no stock under the "options" field... so I guess some combos are not available.

Last edited:

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I go through about 600ml though that's guestimating and it might very well be the same as yours. I use the boreas and a 10mil bottle. I fill the bottle at least twice a day maybe 2.5 times a day so roughly 20-30ml a day

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The allen hole. The nice thing about the tool mentioned previously, is that it is recommended to avoid just that. It's easier to put pressure head-on into the grub when tightening, and it's made of very hard steel.
Interesting. Also your post about the Triade doesn't make sence. 25% off 199 is 50 off not sure if the code has a glitch or something

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm 30/70 PG/VG. I'm going through about half that much but it's still more than I use to go through before switching over to the Supremes. When I used a Billow V2 (22mm) as my main tank I was probably using about half of what I am now. I'm not switching back though. I love the flavor I get with the Supremes. :D

Yeah, I was using a Subtank Mini and Lemo before and a gallon of VG lasted so long I eventually bought fresh stuff and used the last quart of the old stuff to mix with skin lotion. :D

Lets just say I'm really glad I jumped on the glyCube before the prices went up. I didn't realize what a good deal I received until today. I'm still looking @"11" :vino:

I can't believe I never bought a glyCUBE if it was only $39 before! I don't remember it ever being that cheap. But then I didn't need boatloads of VG back then. You def got a great deal.:cheers:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Brad .... I am not sure if the Boreas has the same grub screws as the Supreme and Griffin. Most Velocity decks use the same grubs but there are exceptions that use slightly different grubs and I can't remember which they are since I don't own any of them... Just be sure before buying the aforementioned tool, if you were considering it, that it fits your grubs.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Brad .... I am not sure if the Boreas has the same grub screws as the Supreme and Griffin. Most Velocity decks use the same grubs but there are exceptions that use slightly different grubs and I can't remember which they are since I don't own any of them... Just be sure before buying the aforementioned tool, if you were considering it, that it fits your grubs.
Will do thanks for the heads up.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thank you very much for pointing these out. I actually wound up buying this set http://www.ebay.com/itm/310869191181 need the larger sizes for my tool box but it includes the smaller sizes as well so win win. I never would have found these if you didn't post about them so thanks again.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Brad ... yeah the $48 glyCUBE at Essential Depot was the one we were discussing. Add $30 shipping if buying directly from ED, or order thru Amazon and it still comes from ED with $25 for shipping.

However the soy-based glyCUBE VG is not available thru Amazon... only palm-based, for those who care. If you want the soy-based have to buy thru ED directly. (Soy-based is good for environment and is likely US-grown... palm industry is causing ecological disaster in South America... again, for those who care.)

Last edited:

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Brad ... yeah the $48 glyCUBE at Essential Depot was the one we were discussing. Add $30 shipping if buying directly from ED, or order thru Amazon and it still comes from ED with $25 for shipping.

However the soy-based glyCUBE VG is not available thru Amazon... only palm-based, for those who care. If you want the soy-based have to buy thru ED directly. (Soy-based is good for environment and is likely US-grown... palm industry is causing ecological disaster in South America... again, for those who care.)
Got ya i didn't know what a glycube was so I used Google and found out lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glycube $48 here

When I bought mine, the glyCube was $39 but shipping was only $19.50 (It was a special they were running). I remember at the time I received an E-mail that I posted in this thread saying it was going up. I think it's still reasonable considering you are getting 4 gallons and that's around 40 lbs so shipping isn't cheap. I guess I look at it as I got a great deal. I did post about it trying to give people a heads up - it was back in July iirc.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I bought mine, the glyCube was $39 but shipping was only $19.50 (It was a special they were running). I remember at the time I received an E-mail that I posted in this thread saying it was going up. I think it's still reasonable considering you are getting 4 gallons and that's around 40 lbs so shipping isn't cheap. I guess I look at it as I got a great deal. I did post about it trying to give people a heads up - it was back in July iirc.

Cheers,
Steve

I remember that email and my sitting here thinking I would never need to buy 4g of VG at once, and that that would last you forever! But when you posted that I had just received my Supreme and Griffin... to that point I was using single-coil tanks. I had no idea how fast I was going to start burning thru VG. In fact I didn't realize it until last night when I went to fill my VG quart bottle from the gallon jug and saw I would be out of VG far sooner than I thought!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember that email and my sitting here thinking I would never need to buy 4g of VG at once, and that that would last you forever! But when you posted that I had just received my Supreme and Griffin... to that point I was using single-coil tanks. I had no idea how fast I was going to start burning thru VG. In fact I didn't realize it until last night when I went to fill my VG quart bottle from the gallon jug and saw I would be out of VG far sooner than I thought!
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm remembering my thought process back then. I use to buy the two gallon packs and they were ~$40 shipped. When that glycube deal came up it was just under $60 shipped. I figured it was a deal too good to pass on.

I thought the 2 gallon deal was great. The 4 gallon deal was basically buy 1 more gallon and get another one free. At the time I was wondering what I was going to do with it all but now I'm not :eek: :D. I thought I was going to have to start making my own lotion or soap. Now I wonder if I'll have enough :giggle:. It's not really even a joke. Just the other day I was saying I should have bough 4 gallons of VG instead of 3 x VG and 1 x PG. :facepalm:

Cheers,
Steve

Edit The only good thing about Michigan winters is it's so cold here I'll be forced to increase my PG percentage or my juice will be too thick to vape :teehee::giggle:

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Very first DIY supplies when I had Bloog cigalikes (the bottle has been refilled with old VG to use on my skin)... I bought more than one bottle of flavoring, but they were all small like this one.

upload_2016-10-19_15-10-38.png

... and example of supplies I buy now... :giggle: ... lots of them... I can't believe I am considering a 5g drum of VG from Duda! I used to see Pat Busardo reference buying a gallon of VG and thought OMG... of course those were the cigalike and then Vamo days (for me)...
upload_2016-10-19_15-11-47.png

On the plus side, Prop 64 is on the ballot in CA in Nov, to legalize MJ for recreational use... which means if I'm lucky I might forget to vape so often. :giggle:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm remembering my thought process back then. I use to buy the ga;llon packs and they were ~$30 shipped. When that glycube deal came up it was just under $60 shipped. I figured it was a deal too good to pass on.

I thought the 2 gallon deal was great. The 4 gallon deal was basically buy 1 more gallon and get another one free. At the time I was wondering what I was going to do with it all but now I'm not :eek: :D. I thought I was going to have to start making my own lotion or soap. Now I wonder if I'll have enough :giggle:. It's not really even a joke. Just the other day I was saying I should have bough 4 gallons of VG instead of 3 x VG and 1 x PG. :facepalm: [...]

I hear you brother. I really AM considering the 5g drum from Duda. The old jokes about having to put aside a room in the house for vape supplies really isn't a joke anymore!!

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just opened up my Glycube yesterday. I usally make 4- 250ml of my favorite juice at one time.That way i am good for 4-5 weeks:cheers:

That sounds about right! That's about a quart/month, same as me. I recently rediscovered my oatmeal cookie juice, and am really on a roll. Mixing that with caramel... and sometimes RY4 Double... damn it's tasty!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just opened up my Glycube yesterday. I usally make 4- 250ml of my favorite juice at one time.That way i am good for 4-5 weeks:cheers:
That sounds about right! That's about a quart/month, same as me. I recently rediscovered my oatmeal cookie juice, and am really on a roll. Mixing that with caramel... and sometimes RY4 Double... damn it's tasty!
Damn, I'm going through about 120ml a week and I thought I was vaping more than anyone. Looks like I need to step up my game :giggle: :D :vino:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, I'm going through about 120ml a week and I thought I was vaping more than anyone. Looks like I need to step up my game :giggle: :D :vino:

LOL!! In all fairness I only use nic some of the time. I make bottles of my fave juices in twos... one 120ml with nic, one 120ml without, (for each flavor I like)... and I switch off, often topping off the tank with nic-free, or going full nic-free in the evenings. And one thing I have noticed... when I vape with nic I don't need to vape as much. That is, I take a few hits and don't think to vape more for a few minutes. But at night when watching TV (currently binge watching all 8+ seasons of 24, which I watched the first time around but can't believe how much I don't remember!)... when I vape nic-free at night, it tastes so good and there isn't that need to set it down... plus watching 24 with Jack running all over the place, screaming at everyone, harshly whispering, getting tortured, accidentally killing everyone he captures .. (LOL!)... I'm refilling the 7ml Supreme like every 15 min!

All to say... nic is good for you as it curbs vaping. ::cheese:: :D

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I never lock my resistance in TC when using DNA mods. Evolv uses something called refinement. The chip monitors changes in resistance as the coil breaks in and will refine the resistance if/when it charges. It does this when the coil is at room temperature. Locking resistance shuts refinement off that's why Evolv recommends you don't lock it and why I don't do it.

Cheers,
Steve

Cool never works for me. Only device that it actually works is in the HoHm wrecker G2, I have 2 DNA's and I always look the resistance if not is a vape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cool never works for me. Only device that it actually works is in the HoHm wrecker G2, I have 2 DNA's and I always look the resistance if not is a vape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also never lock resistance and from what I read it's only needed if the tank doesn't keep a steady resistance. Would be interesting, perhaps, for you to use the resistance checker in Escribe to see if the tank you are using fluctuates or not? Not that it's important if you're happy with the vape and don't care, but the recommendation from Evolv is to not lock resistance unless it's necessary... so would be interesting to see if maybe it IS necessary and the tank does fluctuate. If it doesn't, then it doesn't make sense that you'd need to do that. Unless I have something wrong...

EDIT And only saying all this in the interest of you getting the best vape you can, not to be argumentative or deny your experience of needing it locked. But would be good to know why you do (for your sake) as it might be something else that can be corrected and you could end up with an even better vape, with resistance unlocked. Potentially. :) Or if you don't care and are happy now, that's cool too... :)

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow I look like a idiot lol got all excited buying a new mod.
I bought it too. I got excited as well. Heck it's a new chip, what's not to be excited about. It's very nice by the way. It's so nice in fact, that I bought a second one today. It's a lot of mod for the money (Great deal imo). Let me know what you think when you get it. I started a thread for it here if you're interested. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought it too. I got excited as well. Heck it's a new chip, what's not to be excited about. It's very nice by the way. It's so nice in fact, that I bought a second one today. It's a lot of mod for the money (Great deal imo). Let me know what you think when you get it. I started a thread for it here if you're interested. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
Too good to pass up.

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
Ok, you all are enablers! I had stuff in my cart logged in at ecig.com but talked myself out of spending the money. I went to the site to see if they were still running the 25% off coupon code. It appears to have been removed. HOWEVER, when I added an item and then proceeded to the cart it had me log in and it still applied the discount as it had been applied to the cart before. It even let me add and delete items. I just ended up spending around $290. I got 2 Triade 250's and a VT75 full size in blue and my first 26650 battery for it. Got one hell of a deal, but there goes putting extra money towards the credit card this month.

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
Dang, because of @jfdibutton post above I go check out the VT75 full size at ecig and see they have the Silver in stock..........so tempted, love my red one and the silver looks sick.....must resist......sigh.

I hope I like it. The "blue" looks more like a teal/aqua color in the pictures I have seen. That is my favorite color. I had no hesitation on the Triade 250's as I love my 200's, but the VT75 I debated with myself over. I'm just hoping that I can figure out a build I like that I can run at lower wattage as I currently run at 72.5 watts and I know pushing the VT75 that close to it's max is going to chew through battery life even with a 26650. The color won out, I didn't really need another mod (now have 8 triple 18650 mods and 2 on the way, half of which are DNA's) but I had seen the blue a while back and loved the color. And I swore I wouldn't buy any more dual/single battery mods LOL :xD:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get better results building around .35 ohms or a little higher for my VT75, low builds work but when the battery gets to about 50% you generally have to swap it out. I usually try and keep all of my 26650 mods in the 50 watt range, just get better battery life and not stress it too much. The VT75 is the most sensitive to builds regarding battery life, my Stout will usually last me all day but can't say the same thing about the VT75 if I am pushing it.

It is a great mod though, just build for it and you will be rewarded.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well should be a great vape mail day.75 squonkr and 250 tirade are at Post office for delivery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Very first DIY supplies when I had Bloog cigalikes (the bottle has been refilled with old VG to use on my skin)... I bought more than one bottle of flavoring, but they were all small like this one.

View attachment 64332

... and example of supplies I buy now... :giggle: ... lots of them... I can't believe I am considering a 5g drum of VG from Duda! I used to see Pat Busardo reference buying a gallon of VG and thought OMG... of course those were the cigalike and then Vamo days (for me)...
View attachment 64334

On the plus side, Prop 64 is on the ballot in CA in Nov, to legalize MJ for recreational use... which means if I'm lucky I might forget to vape so often. :giggle:

As long as you're considering a 5 gallon drum of VG, you might also like this, which is on sale at Heartland,
Nic drum.JPG
It will take some time to break that down into smaller bottles to fit in the freezer.:giggle:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as you're considering a 5 gallon drum of VG, you might also like this, which is on sale at Heartland,
Nic drum.JPG
It will take some time to break that down into smaller bottles to fit in the freezer.:giggle:

not sure if I did the math right... but it seems to be about 38$ per liter?...

I would think you would get a much better discount buying that much.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
not sure if I did the math right... but it seems to be about 38$ per liter?...

I would think you would get a much better discount buying that much.

Eh, you're paying for the convenience of not running out when you realize you really need to make some more juice at 10 PM on a Saturday.:giggle:

VU Sponsors