Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cherry on top of the Sundae was seeing the end of the Ohio State game. OSU loses to unranked Penn State.
Thank you very much for ruining my day.
Set this up for the DVR because I WANTED to watch it.
However now ....... pfft.
I used to ONLY watch the Ohio/Michigan game and really didn't have much interest in any other.
I just liked the controversy between the two teams.
It was more fun for me because my wife and her family all born and raised in Ohio somehow ended up as Michigan fans.
I enjoyed rooting for Ohio and causing all kinds of hell between them.
Now I seem to be watching a lot more football than intended.
but now....hell I can't even watch the damn game, thanks.

Just giving you a hard time.
Although due to their loss I'm sure my wife will have plenty to say tomorrow when she finds out.
She was highly disappointed when they didn't lose last week.
This will bring her spirits up a bit.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Built the Beast today. 316L 9 wrap fused claptons(28X2 wrap 32) 3mm ID. Vapes great at 100w preheat @ 85w. There is no way i can vape 6mg juice with this tank:giggle: Only hitting the coils with the top AF.. Huge clouds with 7.5/10 for flavor.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_5320.JPG IMG_5321.JPG IMG_5322.JPG

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do those of you using 316L pulse-dry-burn between builds, or use a brush and hot tap to clean? I remember someone telling me that dry burning SS seemed to decrease its performance and I find that too. Certainly doing it more than once or twice (over the course of some days). Tonight in the interest of experimentation I used a brush for the first time. I didn't try it before b/c I didn't think it would clean as good as a dry burn, but it seems to have worked well. Now to see if this coil lasts longer. Not that a week is bad. Before I switched to SS I was using Ni201 and rebuilding daily. (I'm also picky so the moment the coil isn't performing as well, if I can't get it back to full function it meets the waste basket.) But when I first started using SS the coils were lasting 2 weeks. I was using my IPV4S then. But the VT133 shouldn't make a diff. If anything I'd think it'd last longer since the IPV4S was in Power Mode with SS.

Last edited:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'll clean the coil with each rewicking. I'll lightly pulse dry burn, then rinse. If it doesn't look significantly better, I'll change it. Granted I have a few tanks in rotation, but I can get a month or more out of a SS coil with good performance throughout.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll clean the coil with each rewicking. I'll lightly pulse dry burn, then rinse. If it doesn't look significantly better, I'll change it. Granted I have a few tanks in rotation, but I can get a month or more out of a SS coil with good performance throughout.
I pulse it to dry burn also when I'm going to re-wick. After dry burning, I rinse it under running cold water to get rid of any gunk. I'll probably do that 2-3 times before I just toss the coils and build new ones (I have lots of wire :D). :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I pulse it to dry burn also when I'm going to re-wick. After dry burning, I rinse it under running cold water to get rid of any gunk. I'll probably do that 2-3 times before I just toss the coils and build new ones (I have lots of wire :D). :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

@SteelDriver - how long do your coils last?
@ Eskie - that's some good life!
@Steve -- How long do your coils last before there is a performance hit?

Of course I realize how long a coil lasts is the wrong measurement as someone who vapes lightly will have longer coil life than someone who chains, so it depends on how many mls run thru, along with the juice. But still curious how long people are getting.... :D

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
PS Does anyone else build a bunch of coils at once so you don't have to build every time you need them? :D I love the convenience of dipping into my little pile. I make about 15 sets at a time. Doesn't take that long and saves a bunch of time later.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on what type of juice I'm using. Sweeter or darker juice effect wicking/coils faster. I also have more than one tank and mod (I think I have more than one mod, let me check :giggle:). If I'm basically using the same atty, I'd say maybe two weeks before I recoil.

A lot depends on how lazy/busy (yeah that's what I meant) I am when I'm re-wicking :D. I think the performance holds up pretty well for at least a couple dry burnings and rinses.

I've been doing it for awhile and have a pretty good idea when it's time to rebuild. I usually know and if I try to squeeze an extra burn, I end up changing it either right away or the next day. For me it seems like the coils don't want to hold their shape as well when it's time. Sometimes I just get bored with the build and change it because of that. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It depends on what type of juice I'm using. Sweeter or darker juice effect wicking/coils faster. I also have more than one tank and mod (I think I have more than one mod, let me check :giggle:).

LOL!! :giggle::giggle::giggle: My experience is a mirror of yours. Except maybe your coils last a little longer. :D But it will be interesting to see if brushing makes a diff. Used a stiff toothbrush under hot tap. (I wonder who the heck told me this!)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PS Does anyone else build a bunch of coils at once so you don't have to build every time you need them? :D I love the convenience of dipping into my little pile. I make about 15 sets at a time. Doesn't take that long and saves a bunch of time later.
I don't because I have a lot of different types of wire, different gauges of most types. It's basically whatever I'm in the mood for when I rebuild.

Example: I have NiFe48, NiFe52, and NiFe70. I have 3 gauges of each. I also have lots of different gauges of SS316, 316L, 316L Clapton, Ni200, and Ti01. I have a ton of wire. The only wire I have that is basically one size is Unk SS430 (28 gauge).
PS I actually have a lot of different SS430 too, but the different stuff is from CW and the TCR is off so I put it away in case I run out or someone else does (the latter is a more more likely scenario :D) :cheers:

any updates on some dual 18650 DNA mods? like the lostvape or thinkvape ones? Any word on if hcigar will make a VT167?
Nothing new as of yet. I haven't seen anything for sale yet - just a few places saying coming soon. I've seen that for awhile now.

Really when you think about it, I only know of two DNA250 mods for sale atm (Triade and Boxer). I think the Boxer is also out in a 167 format as well.

I'm not sure if companies are just trying to sell the DNA200 models first or if the DNA250 chip is hard to get in quantities. Either way, they aren't coming out in droves yet.

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't because I have a lot of different types of wire, different gauges of most types. It's basically whatever I'm in the mood for when I rebuild.

Example: I have NiFe48, NiFe52, and NiFe70. I have 3 gauges of each. I also have lots of different gauges of SS316, 316L, 316L Clapton, Ni200, and Ti01. I have a ton of wire. The only wire I have that is basically one size is Unk SS430 (28 gauge).
PS I actually have a lot of different SS430 too, but the different stuff is from CW and the TCR is off so I put it away in case I run out or someone else does (the latter is a more more likely scenario :D) :cheers:

Nothing new as of yet. I haven't seen anything for sale yet - just a few places saying coming soon. I've seen that for awhile now.

Really when you think about it, I only know of two DNA250 mods for sale atm (Triade and Boxer). I think the Boxer is also out in a 167 format as well.

I'm not sure if companies are just trying to sell the DNA200 models first or if the DNA250 chip is hard to get in quantities. Either way, they aren't coming out in droves yet.

Cheers,
Steve
thanks for the update. Yeah i seen the boxer, not interested in it. also not interested in the triad. I'm interested in the finder, therion, or a VT167 if hcigar makes one

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the update. Yeah i seen the boxer, not interested in it. also not interested in the triad. I'm interested in the finder, therion, or a VT167 if hcigar makes one
I haven't heard anything about a Hcigar VT167 yet. The only new mod I'm seeing from Hcigar atm is a VT250. That's not out yet either but I've seen a picture (probably not a final version). I don't even know if it's a Lipo or triple 18650. I'm guessing it will be a Lipo, but it's just what I think.

PS Since the VT133 uses the daughter board, I'm not really looking/waiting for a VT167. The batteries are easy to change so I don't charge in my VT133's, it has reverse battery protection, and I don't really need the extra power.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: Hcigar VT250
14374450_332407087110776_3319185245000957952_n.jpg

Last edited:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As soon as i get mine odered, I will give you a link for a sweet Dna250 with a MaxAmps 1850mah LiPo.1 YEAR INTERNAL ELECTRONICS WARRANTY and LIFETIME LIPO WARRANTY...... 250.00:cheers:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
PS Since the VT133 uses the daughter board, I'm not really looking/waiting for a VT167. The batteries are easy to change so I don't charge in my VT133's, it has reverse battery protection, and I don't really need the extra power.

That was pretty much my reasoning on not waiting for the Therion 166, although no reverse battery protection other than those rings in the sled. Basically, I have no patience, so the 133 it is. Delivery Wed or Thu, waiting on the shipping confirmation. Already have a pair of batteries that are engaged which are eagerly awaiting their marriage ceremony.:D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I haven't heard anything about a Hcigar VT167 yet. The only new mod I'm seeing from Hcigar atm is a VT250. That's not out yet either but I've seen a picture (probably not a final version). I don't even know if it's a Lipo or triple 18650. I'm guessing it will be a Lipo, but it's just what I think.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: Hcigar VT250
14374450_332407087110776_3319185245000957952_n.jpg
yeah looks like a lipo to me. I'd like to stick with dual 18650 mods only. And i can use the extra power. I can't really run my TFV8 on my Vt133 the way I like so i haven't used it much since getting the TFV8. Other then that tank it's more then enough power for everything else I have though

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I make 8inch to 12 inch prices then coil when I need it. I get 3 to 4 weeks out of my SS fused Clapton's. But also depends on the juice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
i buy my fancy wire in spools already and just make em as i go. I find it relaxing anyway to clean my stuff and rebuild it. I'll watch some TV while I'm doing it. I don't have the patience for making my own wire though.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does stainless wear out faster than kanthal? I too am either too busy or lazy to build so my kanthal builds usually last month's and there has only been one time that I changed the coil due to old age and that's because of 2 things one being it looked like rust not sure if it was and 2 is because for some reason one coil fit 1/8 and one fit 7/36. I was wondering why one coil lit faster than. The other lol. Other than that one set of coils all of my others have been because I felt like trying something else.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Does stainless wear out faster than kanthal? I too am either too busy or lazy to build so my kanthal builds usually last month's and there has only been one time that I changed the coil due to old age and that's because of 2 things one being it looked like rust not sure if it was and 2 is because for some reason one coil fit 1/8 and one fit 7/36. I was wondering why one coil lit faster than. The other lol. Other than that one set of coils all of my others have been because I felt like trying something else.
I don't notice any difference in the length they last personally

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i buy my fancy wire in spools already and just make em as i go. I find it relaxing anyway to clean my stuff and rebuild it. I'll watch some TV while I'm doing it. I don't have the patience for making my own wire though.

I also don't have the patience for making my own wire and am happy with the "out-of-box" 316L spooled. But I also don't have the patience to sit down and build every time I want new coils. :D I'm usually in the middle of other things and just want my mod NOW so I can get back to what I'm doing. :D I find it relaxing (like you do) to sit and build when I am in the mood -- like you say with some TV on or maybe music -- but I just as soon make a boatload of them when I'm in that mood. I take the time to make sure all the wraps are spaced evenly... sort of enjoy fiddling and tweaking each one so there are no issues when I go to use them. I keep them in a little snap-lid plastic box that screws or washers came in. Put a strip of foam down the center to separate it into two compartments if I am trying a new mm or have diff wraps... and it's just so nice to pull that little box out and pluck out two perfectly made coils and be rebuilt in like 2 min.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Holy *&^% I can't believe your builds last MONTHS! As soon as mine get nominal residue build-up it affects the taste and vapor production, in my experience.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I also don't have the patience for making my own wire and am happy with the "out-of-box" 316L spooled. But I also don't have the patience to sit down and build every time I want new coils. :D I'm usually in the middle of other things and just want my mod NOW so I can get back to what I'm doing. :D I find it relaxing (like you do) to sit and build when I am in the mood -- like you say with some TV on or maybe music -- but I just as soon make a boatload of them when I'm in that mood. I take the time to make sure all the wraps are spaced evenly... sort of enjoy fiddling and tweaking each one so there are no issues when I go to use them. I keep them in a little snap-lid plastic box that screws or washers came in. Put a strip of foam down the center to separate it into two compartments if I am trying a new mm or have diff wraps... and it's just so nice to pull that little box out and pluck out two perfectly made coils and be rebuilt in like 2 min.
I always have prebuilt coil tanks like the TFV8, TFV4 and clieto for those situations. and I have notch coils. plus when i have small pieces of left over i make 3 wrap coils and put them away for my aeronaut. So if I'm short on time I have options. I just don't make 10 coils at a time lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Holy *&^% I can't believe your builds last MONTHS! As soon as mine get nominal residue build-up it affects the taste and vapor production, in my experience.
2 weeks top for me, but i usually change out coils weekly. I also have 2-3 in rotation at all times so i could go longer if needed. Right now i got my Boreas with dual vetebraid, velocity v2 with dual fused claptons, and my clieto with the SS .4ohm coil installed going. Everything else I cleaned out and stored. I'll switch it up in 2 weeks though. Need to make some more DIY juice too and I miss using my pharaoh.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
By build I mean coil only I do get a few weeks out of the cotton then once I don't like the taste or vapor production suffers then I toss the cotton and dry burn till it's back to new then rewick.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
By build I mean coil only I do get a few weeks out of the cotton then once I don't like the taste or vapor production suffers then I toss the cotton and dry burn till it's back to new then rewick.

A few weeks out of the cotton itself is awfully good. If I'm using the same tank as my ADV without rotating I can go maybe a week before dry burning and rewicking.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I also am lazy should I rewick after 3-4 days maybe but i try to make it last a couple of weeks. Unless I'm missing something the coil should last for a long time unless you vape on thin wire like 32 or higher and even then it's only if it breaks that it's no good. I use to dry burn protank 2 coils.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change my cotton once a week also. I give the coils 1 cleaning and then replace. Always trying something new:cheers: I have enough SS & NiFe wire to rerun the east coast power grid:giggle:
You might be the only one I know that actually has more wire than me :teehee:.

If I'm using the same tank, I change my cotton every 3-5 days or so (at least it seems that way). I have tons of cotton as well :facepalm:. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors