Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This has to be on topic since it has a Dna200 chip:D Single coil..Parallel single SS 316L & SS 316L Clapton wire @ .20 on a Tsunami 24mm. Mod is a Lost Vape Halcyon Dna200 Squonk box. Biggest , thickest clouds i have ever had on a single coil setup. Flavor is amazing:cheers:

View attachment 63907 View attachment 63908

Great looking LOST Vape DNA200 Halcyon Squonker and GeekVape Tsunami 24mm (Glass window model). I pretty much use the same set-up but no glass window on my Tsunami 24mm.. O bought the Tsunami 24mm. pretty much the day it was released and not pre-order. I used it off and on maybe 2-3 weeks but thought it a PITA to not over fill. On the Halcyon Squonker it vapes like a Champ .Really no problems with over squonking. It may get a little condensation just from vaping such large builds but that's pretty much "par for the course " on any RDA or RDTA that has bottom airflow. I've loving mine and besides the Vt133 father day sale from ecig this may be the next best deal I've had or even a tie.to the VT133 fathers day sale Have to say its one the best purchases I made .I mean a month ago these were being sold for $220 so $90 was a steal.

Really nice single coil build you have going on in the Tsunami. I've not tried a single coil build yet in mine.I'm pretty much a duel coil guy but used to build some large vertical singles coils on a 4.. screwdriver that worked really good on my Twisted Messes 22MM .I'm maybe thinking about converting one the TM squared clones (sold at efun for $8) the BF I think is a 2.5 from Fatddayvapes but don't quote me on that .Better to buy a few BF pins in both 2.5 and 3.from FDV.
Speaking of Parallel builds ,I'm really digging them I made a set last night and accidentally wound the second one the wrong way so I ended up making two sets last night.. I was not sure it would fit on my Tsunami 24mm so I just set-up my daily driver Ijoy RDTA Plus on my VT133 with green cover. I can barely squeeze these coils n and still have enough room left for the cotton and getting the top cap and all not to short. This build came out to .12 .It's fused twisted clampton wire (- 28GA X 2 + 32GA ) running parallel with Juggernaut (NH 0.1 X 0.5 + K 26GA X 2 )wire which is two wires with flat ribbon wire wrapped around it.. It's wrapped 6 times coming in at .12 build . The same build last night came in at .11. Not easy fit basically cramming 6 wires through each hole .

Glad you are enjoying yourLOST Vape DNA200 Halcyon Squonker and GeekVape Tsunami 24mm .I really love this set-up .I'm even thinking about buying a second Lost Vape DNA200 squonker and waiting for the Tsunami 24mm PLUS as it have more room for juice .

I need to ad another set of coils and wicking on my Tsunami 24mm as I just put a set duel 316L duel clamptons in it to try it out as I have only owned my squonker about a week..I may try a large single coil Parallel build . I've included a few picks of my LOST Vape DNA200 Halcyon Squonker and GeekVape Tsunami 24mm along with my duel Parallel build

I just set-up on my daily driver .My VT133 with green cover .IT sees a lot use outside the home so overlook the paint that's missing on the frame. This is one the cons to the VT133 is the cheap paint they use.I may have to add a Jwraps Brushed Metal or some sort Carbon Fiber wrap for the frame(s) and as a bonus I can have a wrapped battery cover(maybe CF or exotic leathers) since I have extra black & silver painted covers.

Last edited:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great looking LOST Vape DNA200 Halcyon Squonker and GeekVape Tsunami 24mm (Glass window model). I pretty much use the same set-up but no glass window on my Tsunami 24mm.. O bought the Tsunami 24mm. pretty much the day it was released and not pre-order. I used it off and on maybe 2-3 weeks but thought it a PITA to not over fill. On the Halcyon Squonker it vapes like a Champ .Really no problems with over squonking. It may get a little condensation just from vaping such large builds but that's pretty much "par for the course " on any RDA or RDTA that has bottom airflow. I've loving mine and besides the Vt133 father day sale from ecig this may be the next best deal I've had or even a tie.to the VT133 fathers day sale Have to say its one the best purchases I made .I mean a month ago these were being sold for $220 so $90 was a steal.

Really nice single coil build you have going on in the Tsunami. I've not tried a single coil build yet in mine.I'm pretty much a duel coil guy but used to build some large vertical singles coils on a 4.. screwdriver that worked really good on my Twisted Messes 22MM .I'm maybe thinking about converting one the TM squared clones (sold at efun for $8) the BF I think is a 2.5 from Fatddayvapes but don't quote me on that .Better to buy a few BF pins in both 2.5 and 3.from FDV.
Speaking of Parallel builds ,I'm really digging them I made a set last night and accidentally wound the second one the wrong way so I ended up making two sets last night.. I was not sure it would fit on my Tsunami 24mm so I just set-up my daily driver Ijoy RDTA Plus on my VT133 with green cover. I can barely squeeze these coils n and still have enough room left for the cotton and getting the top cap and all not to short. This build came out to .12 .It's fused twisted clampton wire (- 28GA X 2 + 32GA ) running parallel with Juggernaut (NH 0.1 X 0.5 + K 26GA X 2 )wire which is two wires with flat ribbon wire wrapped around it.. It's wrapped 6 times coming in at .12 build . The same build last night came in at .11. Not easy fit basically cramming 6 wires through each hole .

Glad you are enjoying yourLOST Vape DNA200 Halcyon Squonker and GeekVape Tsunami 24mm .I really love this set-up .I'm even thinking about buying a second Lost Vape DNA200 squonker and waiting for the Tsunami 24mm PLUS as it have more room for juice .

I need to ad another set of coils and wicking on my Tsunami 24mm as I just put a set duel 316L duel clamptons in it to try it out as I have only owned my squonker about a week..I may try a large single coil Parallel build . I've included a few picks of my LOST Vape DNA200 Halcyon Squonker and GeekVape Tsunami 24mm along with my duel Parallel build

I just set-up on my daily driver .My VT133 with green cover .IT sees a lot use outside the home so overlook the paint that's missing on the frame. This is one the cons to the VT133 is the cheap paint they use.I may have to add a Jwraps Brushed Metal or some sort Carbon Fiber wrap for the frame(s) and as a bonus I can have a wrapped battery cover(maybe CF or exotic leathers) since I have extra black & silver painted covers.

Sweet looking Parallel build....Very Nice! Thank you for the heads up, it was a steal IMHO! I love this Mod already:cheers:

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's a toss for me between the hcigar vt133 vs the vapor shark dna 200.

Sent from a phone
I've really considered the VapersharK 133 also but as mentioned the price is more less double compared to finding the VT133 on sale for $80-$90.When its not on sale ebay usually has them for $100 even with the rubberized doors which the black and silver painted doors will look like crap in a month if you carry your mod much so its worth the $10-$20 to get a rubberized battery door model or you'll be buying some sort wrap within a month or repinting the black or silver battery cover. . I doubt you get much customer support from Hcigar and who wants to send their mod off to China. However the Evolve board in the VT133 can be sent to Evolve but if I'm not mistaken the board has to be taken out of the Mod which requires solder the wires loose and taking battery tray and 510 loose etc. Can anyone else confirm this is how it works with Evolve warranty work ? Now I've heard great things about VaperShark and there Customer service so that's a really big plus . The pint they use on their mods is amazing and probably the best paint used on any mods out there.

Now the cons why I have not bought the Vapershark is first the price as mentioned its double to what I paid for my VT133 which were $72.50 and $80 both bought during sells and $4 and $5 for my rubberized battery doors which are no longer being sold anywhere I can find.. The next con is the VS is thin. I think its 22mm-23mm thick so my 24-26mm atomizers would have some overhang .Which the VT133 I think is right at 25mm except on the front face-plate (button side) where it is rounded and leaves ones atomizer with 2-3 mm overhang .This slight overhang just in the front does not bother me however if it was all the way around it probably would . I enjoy the larger atomizers as I often had trouble trying to build on many 22mm RDA(s) and only owned one RTA in a 22MM which I used at best one week. .If you don't mind 22mm atomizers or the higher price I say go for it. Unless you can find the VT133 on sale with a rubberized battery cover you may not spend more then a extra $50-$60 for the VS and you get a really nice mod with amazing finish that will hold up to most daily wear probably 50 times better then the VT133 .Then if you have any problems you can deal with a U.S company without having to send your mod to China or have to solder the board lose and disassemble your mod (again I wish someone would confirm if this is who evolve does warranty work ) . The Vt133 is amazing device and I'd imagine a VS166 is in the works much like the Lost Vape Therion . I'm waiting for the THINK VAPE 133 (or 166) "Finder" to come out which looks exactly like the LV Theiron 133 but has a Carbon Fiber Battery door and should be sold around the $100 mark.once its been out a week or 2 or found on a sale. You may find the VS come down in price in a month by $10-$20 or on occasion they have a 10-5 % sale . Which ever mod you do chose as long as you don't get a dude I'm sure you'll be more then happy as they both use the DNA200 board with 133 watts . The only difference might be the one has a slightly better 510 connection and the Pre-sets may be slightly different .However If you Load Steve's Presets he has on this Thread or the ones he has for the VS you'll be really pleased . Best of Luck in your decision !

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Triade cover came in. That was quick. Anyone else get there's yet??

View attachment 63911
I'm still waiting for mine to ship. Apparently even though I was sent a shipped email with a tracking number it was oversold. So I'm not so patiently waiting for them to restock it and send it to me :wait:

Congrats on getting yours. Do you prefer one over the other?

Since I don't have a cover to post, I'll post a picture(s) of my Triade 250 with the Abalone drip tip(s) I ordered that just came in.
IMG_20161014_151959_zpsk3tq41bh.jpg
IMG_20161014_152031_zpskjsya1qf.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sweet looking Parallel build....Very Nice! Thank you for the heads up, it was a steal IMHO! I love this Mod already:cheers:
NO Where as nice as your's may I ask what wire you used ? Is one those ribbon and or polished. Very clean looking. ! As mentioned I pretty much really had to cram those two coils in to get them to fit so they may look a little janky. The twisted clampton wire I used I could tried and straighten it out so it would not be twisted and it may made it a little tighter .Its somewhat spring also ..its pre-made by Fousecig but still nice wire. I can make my own fused clamptons and usually buy wire from Lightning Vapes when they have a sell .which is really great wire ! I need to buy some ribbon wire and experiment meant with it and maybe try some staggered or Alien style builds.. I know alot people don't get why one would go to all the trouble to spend 2-3 hours making a couple coils vs 10 minutes winding one wire but these exotic coils really can offer up flavor like no others.!! I can do much better on smaller builds (fewer wraps )but builds such as yours and many others I've seen just look so even and really tight I often wonder what i'm doing wrong. I tend to use a lot spaced coils so maybe I need to practice on getting my coils more even when I'm squeezing them tight. On 10-12 wraps my ceramic tweezers tend to want to push at a angle as they are really spread apart to the point they are hard to even put each tip on the ends of the coil.They have to be forced apart to even fit.. Maybe I need larger ceramic tweezers with flat tips . Again that is a really nice looking coil !!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looking nice guys. Sorry to hear that Steve. Hope they restock soon. Those things are hot items. People are buying them up like crazy. Oh and I also got my abolone dt today too. I actually got 4 packages today..lol now I'm considering ordering the Halcyon of ebay. It's such a good deal.

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looking nice guys. Sorry to hear that Steve. Hope they restock soon. Those things are hot items. People are buying them up like crazy. Oh and I also got my abolone dt today too. I actually got 4 packages today..lol now I'm considering ordering the Halcyon of ebay. It's such a good deal.
Right now the Halcyons are no longer listed on ebay .The auction expired last night and she did not re-list. She may got her bill for all the fees and decided she's not making much $. I've seen this happen to many new sellers. I talked to the seller 2 days ago( I did not hear back from her today which is a first usually hear back in 24 hours) and there is a chance she may get a few more in soon but they may not come with the Malstrome RDA which I would think this would make them even cheaper. (which was what I was waiting back to find out a price) The only con is you are stuck with one bottle vs the 2 extra in Malstrome kit . I've been trying to read up to find who has bottles that will fit these. The European 10mm soft style squonk bottles with metal lids sold by REO Mods may fit .These are $6 each but heard they are really nice plus you would get a extra 2-3 ml. I need to contact REO Mods to get the size them to see if they will fit.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Right now the Halcyons are no longer listed on ebay .The auction expired last night and she did not re-list. She may got her bill for all the fees and decided she's not making much $. I've seen this happen to many new sellers. I talked to the seller 2 days ago( I did not hear back from her today which is a first usually hear back in 24 hours) and there is a chance she may get a few more in soon but they may not come with the Malstrome RDA which I would think this would make them even cheaper. (which was what I was waiting back to find out a price) The only con is you are stuck with one bottle vs the 2 extra in Malstrome kit . I've been trying to read up to find who has bottles that will fit these. The European 10mm soft style squonk bottles with metal lids sold by REO Mods may fit .These are $6 each but heard they are really nice plus you would get a extra 2-3 ml. I need to contact REO Mods to get the size them to see if they will fit.
Yeah I tried finding the listing and couldnt. Oh well, I should have jumped on it while I had the chance. It wasn't meant to be..lol

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've really considered the VapersharK 133 also but as mentioned the price is more less double compared to finding the VT133 on sale for $80-$90.When its not on sale ebay usually has them for $100 even with the rubberized doors which the black and silver painted doors will look like crap in a month if you carry your mod much so its worth the $10-$20 to get a rubberized battery door model or you'll be buying some sort wrap within a month or repinting the black or silver battery cover.

I'm curious to see if my new black door holds up any better than the silver one that came with the mod. Took about a week for the silver to start scraping off and peeling. The black one I think looks fantastic, and it may be my imagination but seems to be a different type of paint than the silver. I do, though, which they would have released a black rubberized version.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NO Where as nice as your's may I ask what wire you used ? Is one those ribbon and or polished. Very clean looking. ! As mentioned I pretty much really had to cram those two coils in to get them to fit so they may look a little janky. The twisted clampton wire I used I could tried and straighten it out so it would not be twisted and it may made it a little tighter .Its somewhat spring also ..its pre-made by Fousecig but still nice wire. I can make my own fused clamptons and usually buy wire from Lightning Vapes when they have a sell .which is really great wire ! I need to buy some ribbon wire and experiment meant with it and maybe try some staggered or Alien style builds.. I know alot people don't get why one would go to all the trouble to spend 2-3 hours making a couple coils vs 10 minutes winding one wire but these exotic coils really can offer up flavor like no others.!! I can do much better on smaller builds (fewer wraps )but builds such as yours and many others I've seen just look so even and really tight I often wonder what i'm doing wrong. I tend to use a lot spaced coils so maybe I need to practice on getting my coils more even when I'm squeezing them tight. On 10-12 wraps my ceramic tweezers tend to want to push at a angle as they are really spread apart to the point they are hard to even put each tip on the ends of the coil.They have to be forced apart to even fit.. Maybe I need larger ceramic tweezers with flat tips . Again that is a really nice looking coil !!

Thank you...It's Lightning Vapes SS wire :cheers: I grabbed a bunch will it was on sale! It's not worth making it, as cheap as they had it lol.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm curious to see if my new black door holds up any better than the silver one that came with the mod. Took about a week for the silver to start scraping off and peeling. The black one I think looks fantastic, and it may be my imagination but seems to be a different type of paint than the silver. I do, though, which they would have released a black rubberized version.
Most of mine have held up fine. My Blue cover that I use on my work mod has peeled some but it's been used a lot. I can't complain about that one at all - it's had very heavy use, been dropped, etc.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I tried finding the listing and couldnt. Oh well, I should have jumped on it while I had the chance. It wasn't meant to be..lol

I'll see what I can find out about when she will have more as I plan on buying another myself but it was going to be about another 4-5 days before I have the extra $ as all my bills are set up for middle of the month . She mentioned 2 days ago it was going to be 5-6 dyas before she had more in also. I 'll P.M you once I her back from her as I don't want shot myself in the foot only to find out I missed out by posting the info in this thread . If I can get her to sell/hold you one would you want one with or without the Malstriom RDA . She told me this was the biggest problem was she was going to have more mods the full kits. Also what color She only had a couple full Kits in Black and those may sold out. Before that she had Blue Stainless and Black.. No Red unless she has some in the next order.. They really are a wonderful mod ..maybe not the best on battery life but really a great in home mod where you can keep it plugged up in between sessions or take it iout on short runs of where you might not be gone more two-3 hours. I' used it at 80-90 watts the first 5 times to get the Lipo broke in and seemed like I least got 2 hours maybe more plus it wasn't broke in yet and sure it now gets more battery life. Seems I read someone getting 6-8 hours using 50 watts and another guy claiming all day at 30-35 watts but sure many things such as wire guage and type along with size coil can make it vary .Plus power or Temp Control . What I love the most is it allowed me to get back to using my RDA(s) for the best flavor without having to pop the top cap off every few minutes or I don't have to drip and drive if I want take it on the road . Which I'm guilty of that only on short store runs.on my neighborhood roads.I 've always had a tank or RTA to take out with me when I'm outside the house for more then 30 minutes. Which up until I got the first version of the IJoy RDTA I really had not found a RTA that compared to a RDA. I did feel the Griffin 22 when first released was close and maybe better then a few my RDA(s) that were top airflow or just Meh RDA(s). Then The IJoy RDTA Plus came out which allowed me to position (bigger) coils even higher for better airflow .Air hits the coils like a bottom airflow RDA workswhne pushed up high enough.. So this is why I own 4 those. No I can get back to trying out many RDA(s) without the trouble of dripping. One the Best $90 I spent ! Even if she sells out if you can get one at a good deal I'm sure you'd love it. I've seen they are slowing coming down in price to where you can find them for $165 and used averages $120-$140 so by next month maybe $140 for a new full kit .Less for just the mod if you can find them being sold that way. I've seen very few sellers only sell the mod with it being a full kit . . I know that one site if you order over $200 you can get mods for wholesale prices and don't need a dealer # (can't think what that called had a brain fart.) Maybe we could pull up a small group buy. if the seller doesn't get more them as if you buy 5-10 you save even more..I 'll also have to look through my emails to remember the name the wholesale place .

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Give me just a few minute and I'lll show you what two weeks of wear done to my black cover while I was waiting on a rubberized cover to come in the mail from China. I also bought a extra black cover and I'll show you how bad the paint is on it. I'll edit my post with pictures in just a few .I also have a silver cover and show pics of it. I scratched it while installing a coil with the coil and quit using it. I could not believe how easy it also scratched .
NEW EDITED
For anyone considering buying a new VT133 I recommend paying the extra $10-20 it may cost just to grab one with a rubberized battery cover or if you buy a black or silver (battery cover) spend a extra $10-$20 on a very well made wrap such as Jwraps. A good choice would be "brushed metal" frame and Carbon Fiber or Exotic Leathers for the battery cover as these are textured and made a little thicker then just the plain colors or printed wraps and will protect your mod and battery cover along with giving it a nice custom look.
My paint on my Frame is starting to wear and I may soon ad a Brushed Steel Jwrap or other company wrap or check into having my two mods frames powder coated along with two of the old battery covers I have No need to ruin my rubberized covers. My rubberized covers have really held up well including the green one landing on asphalt from a 4 foot hard fall.as I was walking my dog when he seen a cat and caught me off guard. The mod landed hard and lucky only a few tiny nicks to the very edge. The rubberized covers also ad comfort and are not slick like the pint making it much easier to hold on to ones mod.

All my covers but may be missing one blue as I thought I had 4 item n blue

The Black cover that I only carried for two weeks. It was carried daily in heavy cotton cargo style shorts or Military fatigues pants n the lower leg pocket with no keys or metal objects. In my pocket at the most was a soft bottle of e-juice. My hands are not that rough or calloused but may contributed to some of the wear..I do wipe or wash my covers with very mild soap and water dried off with soft cotton towel .I sometimes wipe my mods & covers off with tissue paper with light alcohol but very seldom. Its usually just if I overfill way to much and make a mess and or I'm in a rush and need myb mod cleaned off .Alcohol could weaken this kind of paint but from what I've seen I really doubt it hurts it much.

Silver cover I scratched with a coil while rebuilding. I did not carry this mod outside the house .Replaced the cover within 3 weeks waiting for new rubberized cover from China

Brand New Black cover ordered from Gearbest. It looks like you can see rust under the micro thin layer of paint. Almost looks like Black Primer with no top coat except its somewhat glossy to maybe just black primer ??? I doubt this cover would hold up more 3 days carried in cargo short like other black cover.I have.

Last edited:

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotcha, good to know what to expect with my new black cover. Good thing I'm a function over a form guy, or it would probably be a big disappointment. I think I'll view it as an excuse to try out a jwrapz or two. Good thing is I love how the mod performs, the ergonomics of the design. I have my VT133 for out and about, and my Triade for home use. I've come a long way from the days of just using my Sig 100 as my sole mod, thanks in large part to the much ballyhooed Vapocalypse. lol

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Perhaps one could add a coat of clearcoat to one the stock black covers. to help them hold up better. However if you plan on adding a Jwraps or other company wrap you may not want to ad a clear coat as it could maybe break loose and bubble under the wrap . Jwrpas usually had 15% to 30 % off on holiday sales however make sure you order early as if they sell a certain amount it will give a message "Coupon Code has reached its limit " .I know this as I had two wraps setting in the cart with coupon code entered (& working) while I looked at many deals that day and went to order that night only to find out they limit how many deals they give. Which is kinda crummy II think . Jwraps also sells on ebay so if you have coupon codes or you have the ebay bucks program you can save or get $ back in ebay bucks. when ordering. .

If you haven't noticed I spend a lot time finding good deals on vape gear & either buy(slowed down recently due to sons college funds) or watch a lot reviews on vape gear so If you ever need codes or are looking for a deal on certain gear feel free to ask me . . I know lot you guys probably think my reply's are long winded but I try to cover all aspects of the question etc at hand. Lately I seldom get a chance to get on the forum and it could be a few weeks before I'm back..So part my ramblings. .Wayne .

Dragon25

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry guys not trying to keep double posting but while I remembered I had a small tip .I wanted to mention I added a piece of scotch tape over the (paper)battery label on my Lost Vape DNA200 squonker . I seen where someone was selling a used one these & where they had over squonked they got juice on the battery label it made the label look like crap where it was all smeared & such . I used real scotch tape where it should stick really well to the paper & keep any juice from ruining the label.along with helping the mod hold more value as the seller was not able to get more $120 out his ..Most were selling $150-$170 used at the time. The seller mentioned paying $220 (full kit) for it new and it being only 2 weeks old..but the smeared paper label really hurt the vale as it looked terrible .

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a toss for me between the hcigar vt133 vs the vapor shark dna 200.

Sent from a phone
The vaporshark didn't hold the necessary charge for me..... I had to keep her charging every (2) hours. It just became a pain in the ass not knowing when I would run out of power.

You can leave the house fully charged and Vaping on 50 watts in an hour it was at 50% that made me nervous then after that it just dropped like a rock.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The vaporshark didn't hold the necessary charge for me..... I had to keep her charging every (2) hours. It just became a pain in the ass not knowing when I would run out of power.

You can leave the house fully charged and Vaping on 50 watts in an hour it was at 50% that made me nervous then after that it just dropped like a rock.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
He was referring to the dual 18560 vs dna133. Not the 900mah lipo version.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I've been carrying my hcigar vt 133 for 2 weeks now and not a scratch and i dropped it 2 times man im hard on mods.View attachment 64016
I've had quite a few VT133's. One of mine is my work mod and I've beat the hell out of it. It shows wear on the paint and battery cover but still works as well as the day I got it (which is great). My other ones are in great shape.

This brings me to this thought. Even the one that shows a lot of wear still works great. What is really important when it comes to a mod? How pretty it is? How well it works? To me a mod that can take a beating and still work great is my kind of mod. After all they are a tool to keep me from smoking.

I have some mods that are great looking but if they don't work great, there not worth a crap. If I want to just look at something pretty, I'll buy a painting!

What I'm trying to say if a mod loses a little paint but works great, it's all good. If a mod looks beautiful but doesn't work well, it's useless. It's like anything (Car, tool, etc) If I use something a lot, I expect it to show some wear and tear, but I want it to still work. My car is high mileage and I live on a dirt road. I don't mind a few scratches and dents, but I want it to start when I turn the key and get me to where I need to go. Needs over wants. I want it to look good but I need it to work. ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

mero16

Member For 4 Years
I couldn't resist ordering the Red Ostrich Therion 133 when they were on sale for $106. Thanks buddy for the heads up. My favorite mods without question are DNA200's in a dual 18650 configuration.
5879001-4.jpg

5879001-3.jpg
My Triade DNA250 shipped yesterday after all. Expected Delivery Date is Tuesday :vapemail:. I'm looking forward to trying out the new chip! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
i got my triade DNA250 on the 11th with purple ostrig off the preorder and ive been really enjoying it. the triade and my vt133 are my favorite mods at the moment.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i got my triade DNA250 on the 11th with purple ostrig off the preorder and ive been really enjoying it. the triade and my vt133 are my favorite mods at the moment.
I got in on that pre-order as well. I noticed once they came in the price jumped up to $149 (which is still less than some places are charging for the DNA200 Triade :eek:). We got a great deal on the pre-order.

I did the same thing in ordering the Purple Ostrich. I like it, mine is well made, the leather looks very nice. I use my VT133's everywhere I go and the Triade at home. I still use my VT133's more but I like the Triade more than I thought I would. It's a lot nicer than my Reuleaux DNA200 which basically just sits on the shelf.

I think you made two good choices, the VT133 is a great go anywhere mod and the Triade's a nice table top mod imo. Great battery life but I probably wouldn't carry it around out and about.

Cheers,
Steve

mero16

Member For 4 Years
I got in on that pre-order as well. I noticed once they came in the ptice jumped up to $149 (which is still less than some places are charging for the DNA200 Triade :eek:). We got a great deal on the pre-order.

I did the same thing in ordering the Purple Ostrich. I like it, mine is well made, the leather looks very nice. I use my VT133's everywhere I go and the Triade at home. I still use my VT133's more but I like the Triade more than I thought I would. It's a lot nicer than my Reuleaux DNA200 which basically just sits on the shelf.

I think you made two good choices, the VT133 is a great go anywhere mod and the Triade's a nice table top mod imo. Great battery life but I probably wouldn't carry it around out and about.

Cheers,
Steve
yeah i agree, i keep all my DNAs at home. for outdoor use i use my evic and my 2 picos..

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
steve you were right, about 2 weeks ago i recieved my 1st DNA. now i own 3. im loving them...awesome devices.
It's like the old Lays potato chip ad. No one can eat just one, instead ir's no one can buy just one :giggle:. I started out the same way last year. I just bought one to try it out. I've bought quite a few since. As a matter of fact, since buying my first one, I've only bought more DNA mods. I really like the chips, I like to tinker and be able to customize them to my liking.
yeah i agree, i keep all my DNAs at home. for outdoor use i use my evic and my 2 picos..
I have one VT133 in particular that is my go anywhere mod (I have more than one VT133). It's taken a licking but keeps on ticking (Timex watch plug :D). It's tough and takes anything I can throw at it. I also have a Blood Red Lavabox M (DNA75) that is very light and small that I sometimes take out on short trips, walks, etc. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hey nice triade battery doors. where did you get them from and how much? thanks.
I got them off ebay. When the guy first listed them they were 15.99 but since they sold so quick he bumped up the price to 19.99. Just go on ebay and search triade battery cover.

LLF1968

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
first time using temp control today on my vt133. I'm running it at .16ohm stainless steal 316L 80 watts 470f on my crius rta. I noticed the vapor is weak compared to power mode. Can you guys give any tip on how to use temp control properly?

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
first time using temp control today on my vt133. I'm running it at .16ohm stainless steal 316L 80 watts 470f on my crius rta. I noticed the vapor is weak compared to power mode. Can you guys give any tip on how to use temp control properly?

Make sure you lock your resistance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never lock my resistance in TC when using DNA mods. Evolv uses something called refinement. The chip monitors changes in resistance as the coil breaks in and will refine the resistance if/when it charges. It does this when the coil is at room temperature. Locking resistance shuts refinement off that's why Evolv recommends you don't lock it and why I don't do it.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple of things.
1. Not all SS316l is exactly the same. That's why you see a spread of TCR different sites tell you to use. You can either turn up the temperature or slightly raise your TCR.
2. The mod will refine itself. Sometimes the vape will change after a new coil is used once the mod is at rest. If that doesn't happen see #1.
3. Make sure all contacts are clean.(510 on the mod and atty). Make sure the grub screws are tight. I have better results using spaced coils. Again if this doesn't help, see #1.

Cheers,
Steve

LLF1968

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When i vape it seems the power cuts off. Is that normal for temp control?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Look at my chart above(light green line).I had it set to 65w and it dropped to 32w once it reached temp. When it reaches your selected temp it will adjust the power to keep it at setpoint. While you are learning the Dna board in TC,
it's better to use higher watts and let the board do the adjusting for you.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
W
I'm getting a better vape now. I changed my wick and juice. I changed my temp to 420f and my watts to 72. I was using a creamy ry4 5mg earlier and it was killing my throat lol!
What was probably happening was your wick wasn't wicking correctly making your coils dry out. When that happened the coils rose to temperature quickly and mod cut the power.

It worked as it should. When the coils dry out, the resistance rises, and the mod cuts power so you won't get a dry hit.

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors