Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed! At the very least they could have included 3 lines of text below the input field that reads: "This field does not report the saved TCR value for the selected wire. It is only used to assign a new value. The new value will be retained."

It really is a love and hate relationship. It's the simple things(they could fix) that drive me nuts:crazy:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sweet. I'm glad you ordered one - I think you are really going to like the finish on the Blood Red (I do). I just got my shipping notice and tracking number a few minutes ago. :bingo::cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

That is really really one sexy ass mod:inlove:I really like the dna 75 more than I ever thought i would:cheers: Thanks for the heads up, can't wait to get it:cheers: They also gave me the 10% off, which was really nice of them!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is really really one sexy ass mod:inlove:I really like the dna 75 more than I ever thought i would:cheers: Thanks for the heads up, can't wait to get it:cheers: They also gave me the 10% off, which was really nice of them!
In that case you can ignore my PM. I was just trying to look out for you my friend! :cheers:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It really is a love and hate relationship. It's the simple things(they could fix) that drive me nuts:crazy:

Where I stand is that I love the mod but not the sftw. Earlier when I was getting frustrated I actually eyed the mod wishing it had a Yihi in it. :D Half kidding there... the software isn't all bad, but it would have been so easy to make it great with some minor tweaks that would have made a huge difference. It is unnecessarily confusing, particularly the materials tab (referencing all we just went through). The Profile tabs are nicely done, however, and the analyzers are nice. They're so close to making it really great. I hope they have time and resources (and no FDA regs soon) so they can continue to improve it. I am going to send a feature request to Evolv to report actual TCR in the Actions->TCR field.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where I stand is that I love the mod but not the sftw. Earlier when I was getting frustrated I actually eyed the mod wishing it had a Yihi in it. :D Half kidding there... the software isn't all bad, but it would have been so easy to make it great with some minor tweaks that would have made a huge difference. It is unnecessarily confusing, particularly the materials tab (referencing all we just went through). The Profile tabs are nicely done, however, and the analyzers are nice. They're so close to making it really great. I hope they have time and resources (and no FDA regs soon) so they can continue to improve it. I am going to send a feature request to Evolv to report actual TCR in the Actions->TCR field.

I really hope you do! I have sent them my request also:giggle: We can only hope they listen :cheers:

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
teve..Talk about sandbagging

Sweet. I'm glad you ordered one - I think you are really going to like the finish on the Blood Red (I do). I just got my shipping notice and tracking number a few minutes ago.

You fellas just remember to post a 'first look' when they arrive. I'm still wobbly on one, mainly because of the LiPo.
But, I can feel that old urge coming on...

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You fellas just remember to post a 'first look' when they arrive. I'm still wobbly on one, mainly because of the LiPo.
But, I can feel that old urge coming on...
The DNA200 Lababox uses a 3s 900mah Lipo (roughly equilvalent to a single LG HG2 18650 in runtime). I also have the 1300mah 3s Lipo extension kit. (about 50% longer runtime )

The one we just ordered is the M DNA75 Lavabox (it's the DNA200's little brother), it uses a single 18650 as BA already mentioned. I'll definitely give my thoughts on it once it arrives. My DNA200 Lavaboxes are my favorite 3S lipo mods.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I wanna get the lavabox dna75 but I've spent way to much money already this month. I have to pace myself. Maybe in the future..
I've been holding off, waiting for the Blood Red DNA75 to be released. I'm really glad I did. I haven't bought a mod since my fifth VT133. It's been awhile. This is going to be my first DNA75.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does that 10% off coupon code also apply for the dna200 lavabox? That's one one I really want.
Yes. There is a couple of different 10% codes. If you need one shoot me a PM.

Edit I have a very early morning tomorrow so I'm calling it a night. Have a great night everyone. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

bratz

Member For 4 Years
on that note, the Kanthal tcr curve is a 0.0002? I think... but it does really work to give it a boost.
Firebird...your post got my attention .. what is that setting for kanthal.. I'm still waiting for SS316L wires which will come on Friday..till then I'm a kanthal only vaper

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Firebird...your post got my attention .. what is that setting for kanthal.. I'm still waiting for SS316L wires which will come on Friday..till then I'm a kanthal only vaper

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
we cant upload a .csv file... so change this attachment to a .csv and add it to the materials in escribe.
then maximize your punch and set the desired wattage and temp control like anything else. you will notice a preheat punch with Kanthal

Attachments

• Kanthal preheat.txt
    165 bytes · Views: 5

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finally showed up only crossed the country twice, visited 6 different post offices and traveled 5256 miles but I got it. Did the latest update and am happily vaping away. Unfortunately ecig had to refund the money for the damaged one so for now I only have one but I probably will get another one when back in stock. But the two SDNA75's and the one VT133 will keep me happy until then

COLOR ME HAPPY!!!!!

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Finally showed up only crossed the country twice, visited 6 different post offices and traveled 5256 miles but I got it. Did the latest update and am happily vaping away. Unfortunately ecig had to refund the money for the damaged one so for now I only have one but I probably will get another one when back in stock. But the two SDNA75's ond the one VT133 will keep me happy until then

COLOR ME HAPPY!!!!!
I can't imagine ecig.com not restocking the VT133. Every time they do they sell out within a few days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
↑↑↑ I booked marked the page and check it often. I think the VT133 is the ideal form factor for me. Small enough to carry in a pocket and I vape TC so the 133 watt limit doesn't bother me. I have other 200 watt mods if I ever need that kind of power.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
↑↑↑ I booked marked the page and check it often. I think the VT133 is the ideal form factor for me. Small enough to carry in a pocket and I vape TC so the 133 watt limit doesn't bother me. I have other 200 watt mods if I ever need that kind of power.
Definitely one of my top 2 mods. Between that and the Slice I don't which one I like better. If had to choose just one it would be a real tough choice.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally showed up only crossed the country twice, visited 6 different post offices and traveled 5256 miles but I got it. Did the latest update and am happily vaping away. Unfortunately ecig had to refund the money for the damaged one so for now I only have one but I probably will get another one when back in stock. But the two SDNA75's ond the one VT133 will keep me happy until then

COLOR ME HAPPY!!!!!

At some point USPS should include a free travelogue when a package goes off sightseeing like that. :rolleyes:

:p

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dbout if you can find a magma anymore I got 2 on a close out and was given one. The airflow sucks but with a drill press and a #30 bit it's a flavor machine.
I get the same readings on the SDNA75 with the magma, Derringer and Double Vision (dual coil) so I have no reason to doubt it won't be the same on the updated VT133

EDIT: if you can find one- the magma reborn rocks.... I've heard that also.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I dbout if you can find a magma anymore I got 2 on a close out and was given one. The airflow sucks but with a drill press and a #30 bit it's a flavor machine.
I get the same readings on the SDNA75 with the magma, Derringer and Double Vision (dual coil) so I have no reason to doubt it won't be the same on the updated VT133

EDIT: if you can find one- the magma reborn rocks.... I've heard that also.
I hae two of the original magma's and a reborn.
I didn't drill out my the orginals though. A buddy of mine did and the damn cracked. - I was shocked, as thick as that steel is, I never would have throught but it cracked on him, so I aborted mission.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hae two of the original magma's and a reborn.
I didn't drill out my the orginals though. A buddy of mine did and the damn cracked. - I was shocked, as thick as that steel is, I never would have throught but it cracked on him, so I aborted mission.
I'm surprised also. I know someone who tried to drill the inside hole bigger and broke though the back wall. I just made a new hole in front of it and the outside hole I just opened up. Maybe he was trying to force a dull drill bit.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm surprised also. I know someone who tried to drill the inside hole bigger and broke though the back wall. I just made a new hole in front of it and the outside hole I just opened up. Maybe he was trying to force a dull drill bit.
entirely possible, I reckon.
still not something I want to try now. haha

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone here with a Mage RTA? I just wicked it up with a simple 8 wrap SS317L dual slightly spaced coil. Underwhelmed. I'm a bit picky these days, I give a little to coils/wicks settling in but it should still impress me. Not getting that.

Here's what I be noticed in this short time;

1. Seems to need to use a drip tip. The built in dt gets way too hot at just 50w (power mode)

2. Chimney is so short that there is some hot ass spit back! Ewww

3. Tank over all is so short that the flavor that everyone seems to be raving about...does not seem developed enough.

4. Vapor production is not enough for me. I've had Kayfun back in the day that delivered more vape...lol. Ok I'm being cynical, but lacking in the vapor Dept for me.

Anyone with one have any thoughts??? What build are you using to reach the greatness that everyone's claiming to get with the Mage?

Please note I'm being quite cynical and impatient, but I am seriously curious about the build that those that love it are using :)

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone here with a Mage RTA? I just wicked it up with a simple 8 wrap SS317L dual slightly spaced coil. Underwhelmed. I'm a bit picky these days, I give a little to coils/wicks settling in but it should still impress me. Not getting that.

Here's what I be noticed in this short time;

1. Seems to need to use a drip tip. The built in dt gets way too hot at just 50w (power mode)

2. Chimney is so short that there is some hot ass spit back! Ewww

3. Tank over all is so short that the flavor that everyone seems to be raving about...does not seem developed enough.

4. Vapor production is not enough for me. I've had Kayfun back in the day that delivered more vape...lol. Ok I'm being cynical, but lacking in the vapor Dept for me.

Anyone with one have any thoughts??? What build are you using to reach the greatness that everyone's claiming to get with the Mage?

Please note I'm being quite cynical and impatient, but I am seriously curious about the build that those that love it are using :)

Tornado or Tornado nano. Problem solved:p

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would just say get a Supreme :p:giggle:
Yup...thays on its way to you :wink:
Tornado or Tornado nano. Problem solved:p
Yup Boost, I've got 2 Tornados...was trying to get something different. The Tornado is my favorite tank and the only one that I have multiples of for that very reason. Back to vaping my 'Nado reminds me of the old Apple commercials, "It just works".

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup...thays on its way to you :wink:

Yup Boost, I've got 2 Tornados...was trying to get something different. The Tornado is my favorite tank and the only one that I have multiples of for that very reason. Back to vaping my 'Nado reminds me of the old Apple commercials, "It just works".

If it's not broken, don't fix it:D You really do need to try the Nano version imho :cheers: 28:00 min starts the real review

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Supreme Lite is better than I expected.
No issues with the deck size (for me at least... sorry Steve.)
Damned if it doesn't have insane airflow though... actually have it dialed way down for TC. I mean waaaay down. No problem wide open for power mode though.

But there's actually something I'm waiting for... the Goblin Mini v3. Never tried a Goblin.

But it ticks a lot of boxes for me... including swappable 1 and 2 coil decks ala the 25mm Serpent Mini, and the single deck is an offset Velocity like the Merlin.
Release right around the end of the month.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Supreme Lite is better than I expected.
No issues with the deck size (for me at least... sorry Steve.)
Damned if it doesn't have insane airflow though... actually have it dialed way down for TC. I mean waaaay down. No problem wide open for power mode though.

But there's actually something I'm waiting for... the Goblin Mini v3. Never tried a Goblin.

But it ticks a lot of boxes for me... including swappable 1 and 2 coil decks ala the 25mm Serpent Mini, and the single deck is an offset Velocity like the Merlin.
Release right around the end of the month.
Damn it Jim (ode to Star Trek). I had high hopes you wouldn't like it and want to trade me one of them for my Merlin! :giggle::devil:

Cheers,
Steve

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn it Jim (ode to Star Trek). I had high hopes you wouldn't like it and want to trade me one of them for my Merlin! :giggle::devil:

Cheers,
Steve

Wouldn't do it... I'm fairly luke-warm on my Merlin.

The 3rd FT order is taking its time getting up the coast from SFO Customs.
It has the second Lite, and a Full Black Pico.
Want both... need neither. :p

I need to pull the decks from both the Lite and my OG 'Mizer to compare.
I got lazy and just banged out a pair of 9 wrap 3mm ID 26g and it's exactly the same as the Mizer (0.28). Don't recall the OG's specs so the ID and wraps may be a give and take to even it out but I'm pretty sure I used the same 26g 316. Lightly spaced but fit was no problem.

That extreme airiness however... I spent a good while testing DTs and dialing back the AFC for TC use... it's just a friggin' straight shot fat chimney airflow. Too much for TC.

Tasty though. I'll keep 'em both. :D

VU Sponsors