Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The higher the TCR, the more the resistance changes as the temp rises, the easier it is for the mod to read it, thus more accurate with smoother temp curves.

I know you've probably said a million times, but where did you get your 430? Is that from Unkamen?

You change the name here, in the material tab. Click on the wire and rename it in the two boxes.
[...]

D'oh!!! I stared at that page for 15 minutes!!! :devil:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well guys Joe at Volcano just gave me the heads up that the Blood Red M DNA 75 was available. You can guess what happened after that. I had a 10% off code and some discount points so the damage wasn't too bad. :eek::D

lbm-808x808-2.jpg
lbm-808x808-6.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know you've probably said a million times, but where did you get your 430? Is that from Unkamen?

D'oh!!! I stared at that page for 15 minutes!!! :devil:
First off LMAO. I hate when that happens :D:teehee:.

Secondly, yes I get my SS430 from Unkamen Supplies out of Rolla, Missouri. It's Nickel free and it works great for me. It comes in 28ga (what I order) then drops down to 22ga iirc. That is too thick for my liking. The 28ga is 200 feet for $10 which I think is very reasonable considering the quality.
http://www.unkamensupplies.com/prod...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As far as I know it goes to sleep after 30 minutes to save battery life. I don't believe there is a way to change that (at least not that I know of). You can still fire it while that boot screen is coming up iirc.

Cheers,
Steve

PS I hope you are enjoying the profiles!
like steve said, it will fire when the splash screen comes on. If you go in escribe you can decrease the time that the splash screen shows though.
mine is set for 0.5 sec.
Ahhh ok. Well as long as you can fire it when the splash screen is displayed I'm fine with it as is. Thanks guys... I still have a lot to learn about the DNA world.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well guys Joe at Volcano just gave me the heads up that the Blood Red M DNA 75 was available. You can guess what happened after that. I had a 10% off code and some discount points so the damage wasn't too bad. :eek::D

lbm-808x808-2.jpg
lbm-808x808-6.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
Congrats and welcome to the 'D75 club. Gotta have at least one!

Maybe that Supreme coming your way with red glass found a home on that sparkling red mod!! :Wink:
Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ahhh ok. Well as long as you can fire it when the splash screen is displayed I'm fine with it as is. Thanks guys... I still have a lot to learn about the DNA world.
no worries bro, just checked on my flask.... I have the splash screen on longer on it because its the shark logo. I fired immediately -no delay2533913.png 2533914.png vsdns3.png

bratz

Member For 4 Years
I've tried both. It depends on what you want. Both are good for TC.

Ti01 (you want Grade 1) is good for TC, some people prefer it to all other wires in TC. It has a relativly high TCR so it's accurate producing a flat curve.
Cons - You have to be careful dry burning it because if it gets to hot it can produce Titanium Dioxide (white powder) that is not good for you. It can only be used in TC. Has lower resistance per inch/mm

SS316(L) is good in TC as well. Is readily available. With the new firmware has a pretty flat TC graph even though it has a lower TCR. Can be used in TC or Power mode - very versatile wire. Can be dry burned.

Cons- Low TCR (but with the new firmware that really isn't a problem.

I would go with 26ga if you have that option. Both materials are lower in resistance per inch/mm so 26ga will kick up the resistance a bit. It's also easy to work with (not too thick or thin).

All that being said my personal favorite TC wire is SS 430 because it has a higher TCR than SS316. I also like NiFe48/52. I have all the wires I've mentioned with the addition of Ni200 (my least favorite because it is very low in resistance, can't be dry burned, and is very malleable). Hope some of this helps! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

T0cBNE5.jpg
I will go out to buy SS316. Another question though..does resistance matter in TC as with 26g SS wire it would lower than my usual 1.1ish ohm unless I make 12wraps 3mm coil(just a guesstimate for now to make it 1.1ohm). I'm a high ohm high nic vaper. Currently 6mg or lower don't work for me even on lower ohm build ~0.5ish. But than again I don't like subohming.

To be honest I have no idea about TC. If anyone could direct me to any link, I'll spend some time reading it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

lbm-808x808-2.jpg
lbm-808x808-6.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
That blood red though, stunning color!!! Congratulations, finally took the plunge on a dna 75.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First off LMAO. I hate when that happens :D:teehee:.

Secondly, yes I get my SS430 from Unkamen Supplies out of Rolla, Missouri. It's Nickel free and it works great for me. It comes in 28ga (what I order) then drops down to 22ga iirc. That is too thick for my liking. The 28ga is 200 feet for $10 which I think is very reasonable considering the quality.
http://www.unkamensupplies.com/prod...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

Cheers,
Steve

Very reasonable pricing there. (I bought Ti from them before.) Is this the wire that I asked if you have to torch (due to being 28g) and you said "a light torch with a bic" ? If so, that's why I didn't order before...I'm getting lazy in my old age. :D Well, I DID go to dual coil builds but that makes the idea of torching more painful. :cry: :D

And I won't ask why this happened b/c it's not like I can't feed myself... but I happily renamed the wires ... then went to File->Save in order to save the changes to the VT133 file.... and promptly all the changes disappeared and it all reverted back to the defaults as if I had clicked to Open the file instead of save to it. This software is seriously fucking with me. :gaah::cuss2: :headbang: Who wants to be cuffed and cropped? Anyone? :D

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will go out to buy SS316. Another question though..does resistance matter in TC as with 26g SS wire it would lower than my usual 1.1ish ohm unless I make 12wraps 3mm coil(just a guesstimate for now to make it 1.1ohm). I'm a high ohm high nic vaper. Currently 6mg or lower don't work for me even on lower ohm build ~0.5ish. But than again I don't like subohming.

To be honest I have no idea about TC. If anyone could direct me to any link, I'll spend some time reading it.

here is a general synopsis of tc vaping
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/quick-start-vapor-guide-for-a-new-vapor.204757/
here are some videos on escribe with the dna200

bratz

Member For 4 Years
Congrats on being cig-free for a year and lowering the nicotine. :) Very sorry to hear vaping is banned there. I will let others suggest where you might start, but SS316 is preferred over Ti. 28g might be a little more difficult to work with than 26g but again, will let others offer their expertise. I'm new here too but pleased to have you and hope you enjoy the VT133 and temp control. :D
It's OK that it's banned here as I don't intend to make vaping a hobby and trying to totally quit. With the ban , I can't vape anywhere else except for in my home and in the car at basement parking at work. So I really don't vape that much out of the house but when I'm at home it's fog city

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very reasonable pricing there. (I bought Ti from them before.) Is this the wire that I asked if you have to torch (due to being 28g) and you said "a light torch with a bic" ? If so, that's why I didn't order before...I'm getting lazy in my old age. :D Well, I DID go to dual coil builds but that makes the idea of torching more painful. :cry: :D

And I won't ask why this happened b/c it's not like I can't feed myself... but I happily renamed the wires ... then went to File->Save in order to save the changes to the VT133 file.... and promptly all the changes disappeared and it all reverted back to the defaults as if I had clicked to Open the file instead of save to it. This software is seriously fucking with me. :gaah::cuss2: :headbang: Who wants to be cuffed and cropped? Anyone? :D
Yes that is the wire I torch with a Bic because it tends to be a bit springy. I don't go crazy on it. Just cut off what I plan to use and lightly torch it. Only takes a minute. It makes it very easy to work with.

The reason your changes probably disappeared is because you probably didn't click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe after you made them. I forgot to mention that. You always have to click on that when you are done making changes of any kind to save them to your mod. Sorry about that. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Is there a reason you don't want to sub-ohm? It's quite safe with a regulated mod like the VT133 using quality (authentic) brand name batteries. Most builds for TC will be under 1 ohm.

Temperature control simply limits how hot the coil can get to the temperature you set. This prevents burnt and dry hits, and allows you to dial in how warm or cool you like your vapor. Once you get some wire and build a coil, people will help you set a starting temp and watts so you can adjust from there to what's comfortable.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes 26ga will be lower in resistance than 28. A lot of people prefer 26ga but if you prefer 28ga, then by all means get that.

The reason why a little higher resistance is preferred in TC is because the mod calculates the temperature by the resistance change. If things are slightly off (say .01)with say a .05 ohm coil that 20%. With a .5 ohm coils that's 2%.

With TC you really aren't going to be shooting for a 1+ ohm coil. I believe the recommended resistance for 316 is .5 ohm. Mine are usually in the .3-.36 range.

Here's is a great site where you can click on your wire material, gauge, number of coils (single, dual, etc), number of wraps, and inside diameter to give the expected resistance. Check it out if you get a chance.
http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes that is the wire I torch with a Bic because it tends to be a bit springy. I don't go crazy on it. Just cut off what I plan to use and lightly torch it. Only takes a minute. It makes it very easy to work with.

I'll keep that in mind. I will probably eventually try it.

The reason your changes probably disappeared is because you probably didn't click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe after you made them. I forgot to mention that. You always have to click on that when you are done making changes of any kind to save them to your mod.

See. I keep trying to make changes in the software that I want to save there, and connect my mod later when I feel like it. I have been using computers since 1984 but find this sftw very a-typical. (In fact it doesn't even install in Programs / Programs x86, but in user/%/appdata/roaming [used by many programs for storing data of course, but not to install]... and can't figure out why they did that either.) Every time I open it, it's a surprise what it's going to show or not show. I don't understand the logic behind it. Even if it's because it can be used with multiple mods, well then upon opening, ask to open a profile. Which the new version does... but then if you make changes to the profile it won't save them unless the mod's connected??? Why on earth would they do that??? Obviously I'm missing a big part of the picture from the programmers' POV's. They had to have reasons why they designed it the way they did.

Where's Angrygod's bourbon? That should fix things. :D

As always Steve, thanks for your help. :cheers:

Last edited:

bratz

Member For 4 Years
Will try your preferred coil build once I get some wires in and play around with the temp/watts settings. Looks like 2.5mm 5-6wrap as I do for kanthal

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll keep that in mind. I will probably eventually try it.

See. I keep trying to make changes in the software that I want to save there, and connect my mod later when I feel like it. I have been using computers since 1984 but find this sftw very a-typical. (In fact it doesn't even install in Programs / Programs x86, but in user/%/appdata/roaming [used by many programs for storing data of course, but not to install]... and can't figure out why they did that either.) Every time I open it, it's a surprise what it's going to show or not show. I don't understand the logic behind it. Even if it's because it can be used with multiple mods, well then upon opening, ask to open a profile. Which the new version does... but then if you make changes to the profile it won't save them unless the mod's connected??? Why on earth would they do that??? Obviously I'm missing a big part of the picture from the programmers' POV's. They had to have reasons why they designed it they way they did.

Where's Angrygod's bourbon? That should fix things. :D

As always Steve, thanks for your help. :cheers:
The way Escribe works since it used with multiple mods is like this. It's basically a go between for you and the mod. You can make changes to the mod using Escribe but you have to save those changes to the mod via the Upload Settings to Device tab. The operating system (Firmware) is on the mod. Most of the time when using the mod it's not connected to Escribe. On top of that sometimes I make changes and decide I don't want to keep them so I don't really want it to auto-save.

Some other companies like Yihi let you do the stuff on the mod, but;
1. You can't do nowhere near as much
2. You have a PITA menu system on the mod you have to navigate through.
3. No device monitor or Atty Analyzer, etc.

That's just the way I look at it. I could be totally off base.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The way Escribe works since it used with multiple mods is like this. It's basically a go between for you and the mod. You can make changes to the mod using Escribe but you have to save those changes to the mod via the Upload Settings to Device tab. The operating system (Firmware) is on the mod. Most of the time when using the mod it's not connected to Escribe. On top of that sometimes I make changes and decide I don't want to keep them so I don't really want it to auto-save.

Some other companies like Yihi let you do the stuff on the mod, but;
1. You can't do nowhere near as much
2. You have a PITA menu system on the mod you have to navigate through.
3. No device monitor or Atty Analyzer, etc.

That's just the way I look at it. I could be totally off base.

Your opinion cannot be off-base because hey... it's your opinion! We're all allowed those. :D Just b/c I find the sftw counter-intuitive doesn't mean anyone else will.

For me personally I prefer doing all the necessary things on the mod and not having to deal with sftw unless it's an extraneous optional thing like the analyzers (atty, battery, device monitor). Those ARE cool, and being able to make screens is cool and the sftw can be convenient in a way for building profiles as an option... but if it were up to me, everything but the extras would be able to be done on the mod AND/OR software, and only the analyzers and custom screen uploads, etc would require the sftw. Because it's much faster to click through a mod menu and change TCR, than boot a computer or drag it over, connect the mod, open the sftw, etc. To me anyway. Clicking thru a mod menu takes literally 3 or 4 seconds. And I hate to think what would happen if somehow I did not have access to the sftw... like all my computers burned up or something.. it just seems more secure to have the mod self-sufficient independent of sftw. JMO. If it were designed that way, less sftw dependent, imo it would be a perfect mod.

All that said I am happy to have it. And who knows... future firmware upgrades may make some of those things come true... particularly if the FDA regs get dumped... which I have faith they will. I just don't see how they will stand up in court! :cheers:

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
PS to Steve... I did get what you're saying. Escribe is not really a software program per se. It's a simple translator or bridge to the mod. It has no data bank of its own (that was the surprise to me)... it uses the mod's memory to save info. I wonder if it can be 'hacked' (modified) to save profiles to the computer as well... (not asking, just thinking aloud). :D This is why it doesn't install into Programs/Programs x86...it's more of an 'extended GUI' for the mod.

EDIT LATER: It actually does save to an ecig profile but you need to save to the mod first, then File->Save to the profile. If you try to save to the profile (file on computer) without saving to mod first, escribe loads default data into escribe as if you clicked to Load a profile rather than Save. Why, I don't know. Might be a bug. But that is my experience anyway.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand what you are saying. Once you've had DNA200's for awhile and get them set up you really aren't using Escribe much.

You can change temp, power, switch between profiles, heck even select any wire you have in the material tab for any profile from the mod.

The only reason I would have to go onto Escribe is to change my profiles, change preheat, play on the device monitor or atomizer analyzer. For me I usually use SS430 in TC, I'm not messing with my preheat. My mods are set up the way I like them.

If you wanted to, you could set up your 8 profiles each with different preheats and just select what wire you want on which profile directly from the mod. There are different ways to set it up depending on the way you like to vape.

I do understand what you are saying though. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you switch wires on the mod?
You select the profile you want, then lock the mod with 5 clicks on the fire button. Then hold down all 3 buttons until the Hold to change Material screen comes up (keep holding them down until you see the material pop up). Then you can scroll through the different wires the the up and down buttons. When you get to the material you want, click on the fire button. I hope that makes sense..

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You select the profile you want, then lock the mod with 5 clicks on the fire button. Then hold down all 3 buttons until the Hold to change Material screen comes up (keep holding them down until you see the material pop up). Then you can scroll through the different wires the the up and down buttons. When you get to the material you want, click on the fire button. I hope that makes sense..

Totally and that's great to know. I downloaded a manual (I thought it was a manual) but it didn't have any of that. It barely had any info at all. Just the basics of the three different lock modes, how to change temp/power or go into stealth mode and lock resistance. I guess I need to go look for another manual. But that's great to know and makes a big difference. I didn't know that was available mod-side.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well one other time you have to go on Escribe is when firmware updates become available.

Speaking of that, Evolv just released a new update that fixes a couple of bugs that were on the one released on 8-5-16. Here's the link if anyone is interested;

[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES250.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 60 Small Screen, 75, 200, and 250.

This is what happens when you are an early adapter. We find a few bugs and another firmware is released in a few days, I'm not sure if this will be the last update or if a couple of more bugs will pop up. I'm just posting it for those like me that are adventurous :D

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally and that's great to know. I downloaded a manual (I thought it was a manual) but it didn't have any of that. It barely had any info at all. Just the basics of the three different lock modes, how to change temp/power or go into stealth mode and lock resistance. I guess I need to go look for another manual. But that's great to know and makes a big difference. I didn't know that was available mod-side.
The manual was written before the firmware upgrade that brought the Material Tab into existence. It needs to be updated. Evolv should just hire me lmao :giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well one other time you have to go on Escribe is when firmware updates become available.

Speaking of that, Evolv just released a new update that fixes a couple of bugs that were on the one released on 8-5-16. Here's the link if anyone is interested;

[EARLY]
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.

This is what happens when you are an early adapter. We find a few bugs and another firmware is released in a few days, I'm not sure if this will be the last update or if a couple of more bugs will pop up. I'm just posting it for those like me that are adventurous :D

Cheers,
Steve

I'm on it! And yes, Evolv SHOULD hire you! LOL!! :cheers: And some of us here (like ME) should be paying you too!! :blowkiss:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I better go figure this out now... every time I assign a new TCR to any 316L, it gets applied to all 316L wires in the materials box. Even though they're all named differently.Think I will have to find a new approach... like read the link about adding custom materials and go at it from that angle. Good night my friend and have a good one. :) Hope you enjoy your blood red Lava box. :vino:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I better go figure this out now... every time I assign a new TCR to any 316L, it gets applied to all 316L wires in the materials box. Even though they're all named differently.Think I will have to find a new approach... like read the link about adding custom materials and go at it from that angle. Good night my friend and have a good one. :) Hope you enjoy your blood red Lava box. :vino:
You would have to make a new material for each one. In other words if you want to have four different settings (TCR's) for 316, you would need to have 4 different lines of 316 in the material tab.

* You can only have a maximum of 8 materials stored in the material tab*

If that doesn't make sense I'll talk to you about it later. It's really late here I'm going to bed. Good Night my friend! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You would have to make a new material for each one. In other words if you want to have four different settings (TCR's) for 316, you would need to have 4 different lines of 316 in the material tab.

* You can only have a maximum of 8 materials stored in the material tab*

If that doesn't make sense I'll talk to you about it later. It's really late here I'm going to bed. Good Night my friend! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

I'll leave this reply for you to see tomorrow as I won't be on as early :D... but FTR I did have multiple 316L entries in the materials tab. Each named different. (316L-TCR105, 316L-TCR110, and 316L-TCR120)... I basically renamed the 316L Elite and 316L Steam Engine wires, and then after those two were renamed, added another 316L Elte from the left to the right materials box, and renamed it. That's how I got all three there. But whenever I changed the TCR for one of them, it assigned that TCR to all three of them. Obviously I am using the wrong approach as Escribe sees all the 316L wires as being the same wire. Dingleballs. (And have less than 8 in all, but good to know.)
TTYL... :mooncat:

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evolv just released a new update that fixes a couple of bugs that were on the one released on 8-5-16

This is one nice upgrade.
I like that you can have the device monitor open and still make changes in the EScribe window.
Plus, it has updated my device both releases. Now called service pack instead of firmware update it looks like.
Thanks for the heads up!

bratz

Member For 4 Years
Is there a reason you don't want to sub-ohm? It's quite safe with a regulated mod like the VT133 using quality (authentic) brand name batteries. Most builds for TC will be under 1 ohm.

Temperature control simply limits how hot the coil can get to the temperature you set. This prevents burnt and dry hits, and allows you to dial in how warm or cool you like your vapor. Once you get some wire and build a coil, people will help you set a starting temp and watts so you can adjust from there to what's comfortable.
Maybe it's just my building skills. I only build simple single coil on a subtank mini. Have 4 of it on subox mini/ipv3li/ cuboid/rx200. In the drawer lies 2 crown/1 monster v3/1 pico/1 goblin mini v2/ kfv3 mini/zephyrus v2/ tsunami rda that I can't for my dear life get it vape right. I cant seem to avoid burnt wick on a subohm build(from 0.5-0.8) when I started vaping. Not sure if it's due to my preference of having a minimum 5sec drag.

So for now I'm settled on 1.1-1.3ohm build 28g 2.5mm dia kanthal 12-13w. I'm good with this as long as it keep me off cig.

Will prolly try some TC on the VT133 before getting wires as I think I may have some TC coil that came with the crowns

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

[EARLY]
- Other changes.

Cheers,
Steve
vaporshark back to 2a charging!

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lovin my VT :D

Of course, I have come up with some questions!

Are the *.ecig files on page 7 the latest from you Steve? I'm working my way through the whole thread again, but those are the only ones I have come across.

My second question is a little more obscure.. I'm trying to set the preheat so that, essentially, it hits exactly the same from the moment I hit the fire button til I stop. I'm using my narDA (of course :p) with a twisted SS316 26g @ 0.26ohms.

My issue is that no matter what preheat setting I have used, it is harsh. On the first hit, its ok, but by the second its "insta-cough" every time. I thought I could tame it a bit with the temp control, but without success. I have ended up just setting preheat UNDER the wattage I am using.

I know its just a matter of fiddling, but I'm not having much luck. Being my first DNA, I suspect my approach may be off. Meaning, I'm just not thinking about it in the right way. Its still a bit foreign to me to have wattage AND TC in play at the same time.

Would something like the temp-dominant checkbox get closer to taming it? Honestly, it doesn't feel too hot, just harsh? Wish I could explain it better, but other than the constant coughing, it all seems spot on.. I'm more than a little baffled!:oops:

Apologies if this results in a trainwreck of posts again :giggle:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both Ecig files I posted are on page 7. The newest one has updated n the title.

That's strange that you are getting that after subsequent puffs. TC should vary the preheat or power the minute you reach temp no matter what it's set at.

What wire are you using? It could be either your temp is to set to high, TCR is not matching the wire, or the resistance is not stable.

I use Aromamizer Supremes and their resistance is very stable. Recently I bought some wire that was acting the way I thought it should. I had to mess around with the TCR until it acted like I expected it would.

Two things to try.
1. Go into Escribe and look at the atomizer analyzer (on the general tab - with the atty at room temperatur) and check to make sure the resistance isn't jumping all over the place.
2. Go into the device monitor and take a few puffs and see what is going on with your temperature graphs.

Cheers,
Steve

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both Ecig files I posted are on page 7. The newest one has updated n the title.

That's strange that you are getting that after subsequent puffs. TC should vary the preheat or power the minute you reach temp no matter what it's set at.

What wire are you using? It could be either your temp is to set to high, TCR is not matching the wire, or the resistance is not stable.

I use Aromamizer Supremes and their resistance is very stable. Recently I bought some wire that was acting the way I thought it should. I had to mess around with the TCR until it acted like I expected it would.

Two things to try.
1. Go into Escribe and look at the atomizer analyzer (on the general tab - with the atty at room temperatur) and check to make sure the resistance isn't jumping all over the place.
2. Go into the device monitor and take a few puffs and see what is going on with your temperature graphs.

Cheers,
Steve

I'm using SS316L, but I change the actual coil wrap more than I change my underwear :D

When I checked yesterday, atty resistance was rock solid. However, the temp while puffing was all over the place. Even without the software data, I can feel it cool off after the preheat (even with it being lower wattage). Might try a bit more basic of a coil too, probably a dual 7 wrap @ 2.5ID. 316L is all I have, and likely will be for quite some time, so Ill be trying to make it work with that.

My first course of action was to dl the profiles, but wanted to make sure they were still the most recent on page 7.

I'm running the stable, older software version, but should be running the latest firmware (I think it was supposed to even out the 316 a bit?)

Going to load up those profiles.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you can also try to adjust the length of time and punch intensity of your preheat

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, loading up those profiles helped dramatically. Both in experience, and in the data graphs.

It might have just been the SS316L profile that came stock was.. not good. I was getting *massive* peaks and troughs in the data and the actual TCR seems quite a bit different from the new profiles. It just didnt matter what settings I changed, the experience remained rough. Does this sound like an incorrect TCR? While it seems solved, I like knowing what went wrong.

I also noticed what switching to temperature dominant actually does :) Im not sure that that alone would have been giving the results I was experiencing, but I just got my DNA yesterday.. so what do I know?

I think this will give a much better foundation for tinkering, another thumbs up for those profiles! Its amazing to me, as an EE, how different applications can expand our understanding of what we thought we had down pat.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, loading up those profiles helped dramatically. Both in experience, and in the data graphs.

It might have just been the SS316L profile that came stock was.. not good. I was getting *massive* peaks and troughs in the data and the actual TCR seems quite a bit different from the new profiles. It just didnt matter what settings I changed, the experience remained rough. Does this sound like an incorrect TCR? While it seems solved, I like knowing what went wrong.

I also noticed what switching to temperature dominant actually does :) Im not sure that that alone would have been giving the results I was experiencing, but I just got my DNA yesterday.. so what do I know?

I think this will give a much better foundation for tinkering, another thumbs up for those profiles! Its amazing to me, as an EE, how different applications can expand our understanding of what we thought we had down pat.
they had tweaked the curve in the new service pack ... it really solved some huge fluctuations with 316.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet. Should i wait it out or go for it now?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet. Should i wait it out or go for it now?
personal decision.
none of us can tell you what to do.
However, I updated it on all 8 of my dnas, the sp2 made the vaporshark 2a charging inoperable; but, sp3 makes everything work the way it should and the 316 curve is as smooth as ass.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
personal decision.
none of us can tell you what to do.
However, I updated it on all 8 of my dnas, the sp2 made the vaporshark 2a charging inoperable; but, sp3 makes everything work the way it should and the 316 curve is as smooth as ass.
I'll give it a go then. Thanks. Just wanted to see if anyone had major issues

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll give it a go then. Thanks. Just wanted to see if anyone had major issues
the only one I know of, effected vaporshark charge boards only- and that has been fixed already.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well so far I am at a loss (but not due to the new firmware as this was happening before that... though not sure if I tried this with the original firmware 2x back). It continues to apply the custom TCR to every SS wire in the materials list... even changing 304's TCR. But the problem I am trying to sort out first is, it doesn't appear to save the custom TCR regardless of saving to the ecigfile and mod. I upload changed settings to the mod.... then disconnect/reconnect... it downloads settings from the mod to escribe... I check the material's box TCR and it's "0.006" ... even though I just set it to be 0.00110. So I load the ecigfile where I just saved TCR 110, and check materials box again, and nope. 0006. Now why does it save all profile info to the ecigfile locally (on the computer) but doesn't save the materials' TCR settings?? And while I assume it IS correct on the mod itself (b/c I can tell the diff in vape), why does it report incorrectly in the materials box when I JUST changed it to 110 and uploaded to mod... Is it that the sftw is designed to just throw up "0.006" as a default value when you go to adjust (or in my case check) TCR, instead of displaying the actual value it's set at?? (rhetorical unless someone knows)
:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors