Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks all for the help. I wasnt sure that much of anything could pry that damn Noisy Cricket from my hands, but I shouldnt have underestimated the glorious DNA. :inlove:

Ive got a few more annoying questions. The first relates to battery life. I assume that messing with screen settings will improve battery life, but are there any settings hidden somewhere that can help as well?

I was also noticing that, with the new profiles, there seems to be a sort of balance between preheat, final wattage, temp, and a nice smooth response. My personal goal is to minimize juice consumption without compromising flavor too much, so that affects my numbers.

Im trying to figure out how certain settings result in not only the smoothest curves, but the highest efficiency (Im obsessed with efficiency, for better or worse). I currently have my SS316L set to 50w preheat with punch set to 3.1 @ 0.5s, final wattage at 25w, and temp at 410. I have only adjusted in increments of five, but my preliminary results have shown a picture perfect smooth curve, with almost completely stable wattage. Changing any of them ends up either introducing minor (sometime major) ripples in the temp curve, or constant wattage adjustments by the board. Im operating on the, perhaps incorrect, assumption that the less the board has to do, the better battery life will be and the more consistent the experience will be, even if only minimally.

Under the above numbers, I am assuming that the wattage isnt quite enough to drive the desired temp. Without going into too much more detail, are there resources that go into these relationships? I would guess that coil mass is involved, and steam engine seems partially relevant (though I havent explored it fully). Id think that most are probably not even remotely interested in this, preferring rather to just let the board do its thing, but maybe there is someone as crazy as me? I will probably end up just doing the work myself, but figured there was a chance it has been done already. Its closely related to the work I already do, so I think I can modify some of my optimization algorithms for this specific application.

Hope I explained that so it makes sense... :blah:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well so far I am at a loss (but not due to the new firmware as this was happening before that... though not sure if I tried this with the original firmware 2x back). It continues to apply the custom TCR to every SS wire in the materials list... even changing 304's TCR. But the problem I am trying to sort out first is, it doesn't appear to save the custom TCR regardless of saving to the ecigfile and mod. I upload changed settings to the mod.... then disconnect/reconnect... it downloads settings from the mod to escribe... I check the material's box TCR and it's "0.006" ... even though I just set it to be 0.00110. So I load the ecigfile where I just saved TCR 110, and check materials box again, and nope. 0006. Now why does it save all profile info to the ecigfile locally (on the computer) but doesn't save the materials' TCR settings?? And while I assume it IS correct on the mod itself (b/c I can tell the diff in vape), why does it report incorrectly in the materials box when I JUST changed it to 110 and uploaded to mod... Is it that the sftw is designed to just throw up "0.006" as a default value when you go to adjust (or in my case check) TCR, instead of displaying the actual value it's set at?? (rhetorical unless someone knows)
:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Don't feel bad, I have never had it keep my TCR setting either. I just came to the conclusion that you can't change the TCR setting, it will always revert back.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The first relates to battery life. I assume that messing with screen settings will improve battery life, but are there any settings hidden somewhere that can help as well?

I am guessing your battery life is fine but the meter is not showing true due to not having loaded a battery profile csv file. If you click on Mod tab there is a Load CSV button below the graph. Find the CSV file for your battery brand/model and save to computer, then load the file using that button. Battery meter will read true after that. Some profiles for the most popular batts are here.Otherwise Google or maybe someone can help.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't feel bad, I have never had it keep my TCR setting either. I just came to the conclusion that you can't change the TCR setting, it will always revert back.

I think I figured it out below...

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is how escribe works as it is now (from what I can tell): when you enter a custom TCR for a wire (e.g. SS304 set to 0.00110), the sftw keeps that TCR value cached and fills it in automatically for all subsequent clicks of the Action -> TCR setting....

...so if you next click on a different wire in the materials box, like SS316, and go to Actions -> TCR, it fills in 0.00110 as the value... IOW, it's not designed to report the TCR. It's just providing a field to change the TCR.

I can only guess the programmer figured if you are clicking to change TCR and used that value last, you might want to use it again. So they fill it in for you. Instead of showing you the actual value assigned to that wire.

Now lets say you assign 0.00105 to SS316L.... ok fine.

But then if you click back to SS304 wire and check in Actions -> TCR... it has 0.00105 filled in... but ONLY B/C YOU JUST USED THAT VALUE. The actual TCR of SS304 remains 0.00110 unless and until you change it.

How do I know this? I suspected that was what was happening, so set 304 wire to 0.00105 TCR and 316L wire to 0.00110 TCR, then setup Profile 1 and 2 exactly alike except for using 304 in Profile 1 and 316L in Profile 2 .... so I could switch between the two profiles on the mod and see if the vape was different. Indeed, it appeared that escribe DOES save the TCRs correctly... it just isn't designed to report them in the Actions -> TCR tab, but simply CHANGE them.

And if you start a new session, the default TCR value for all wire in Actions -> TCR becomes 0.006. Until you enter a new value... then the default becomes whatever value you added last. But again, that is not reporting the TCR, just supplying a field to change it with.

Sorry if that was confusing. Imho Escribe should show the actual TCR value (in Actions -> TCR) of whatever wire is selected, rather than tossing in a default value. It's one more thing that makes the sftw counter-intuitive and more confusing than it has to be. At least to me. But I am happy I got that straightened out... if I did. I will check by assigning more TCRs but I am pretty sure this is what's happening.

EDIT: This is all the more reason to name wire after the TCR, if you want to switch TCRs on the mod by switching profiles that are all assigned SS (for example). Because you won't be able to check the TCR value in escribe OR on the mod. Therefore, naming a wire "SS316L-TCR110" (and assigning it a TCR of 0.00110)... naming another "SSL316L-TCR105" (and assigning it TCR 0.00105) etc... will allow you to choose the right TCR for each profile by changing the wire in the profiles page. Will also allow you to glance at the materials window and see what the TCRs are for each wire.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks all for the help. I wasnt sure that much of anything could pry that damn Noisy Cricket from my hands, but I shouldnt have underestimated the glorious DNA. :inlove:

Ive got a few more annoying questions. The first relates to battery life. I assume that messing with screen settings will improve battery life, but are there any settings hidden somewhere that can help as well?

I was also noticing that, with the new profiles, there seems to be a sort of balance between preheat, final wattage, temp, and a nice smooth response. My personal goal is to minimize juice consumption without compromising flavor too much, so that affects my numbers.

Im trying to figure out how certain settings result in not only the smoothest curves, but the highest efficiency (Im obsessed with efficiency, for better or worse). I currently have my SS316L set to 50w preheat with punch set to 3.1 @ 0.5s, final wattage at 25w, and temp at 410. I have only adjusted in increments of five, but my preliminary results have shown a picture perfect smooth curve, with almost completely stable wattage. Changing any of them ends up either introducing minor (sometime major) ripples in the temp curve, or constant wattage adjustments by the board. Im operating on the, perhaps incorrect, assumption that the less the board has to do, the better battery life will be and the more consistent the experience will be, even if only minimally.

Under the above numbers, I am assuming that the wattage isnt quite enough to drive the desired temp. Without going into too much more detail, are there resources that go into these relationships? I would guess that coil mass is involved, and steam engine seems partially relevant (though I havent explored it fully). Id think that most are probably not even remotely interested in this, preferring rather to just let the board do its thing, but maybe there is someone as crazy as me? I will probably end up just doing the work myself, but figured there was a chance it has been done already. Its closely related to the work I already do, so I think I can modify some of my optimization algorithms for this specific application.

Hope I explained that so it makes sense... :blah:

Well, screen and battery life first:
It will help to conserve power. My lipo mods are both 900mah. I javey screen at 40% and only on for 0.5s at all times with the exception of when it's on charger.
On my liion mods I left it stock.

As to what goes into the relationships on your numbers: best thing I can say is okay with it until you're happy. Think of it as a teenagers playtoy.
Therr really aren't any rules in how you vape. The beautiful part of the board is that it lets you go from puffing toodles to chasing clouds on one mod.
Nowadays with fancy coils like a clapton, alien or triceratops coil, we are all on different combinations of mass and density requiring different power levels.
I have one profile with a 65w setting, a preheat of 80w with a 11punch at 1.5 seconds and another at 20w with a 7punch, 24w at 0.3second.

Total opposite sides of the spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am guessing your battery life is fine but the meter is not showing true due to not having loaded a battery profile csv file. If you click on Mod tab there is a Load CSV button below the graph. Find the CSV file for your battery brand/model and save to computer, then load the file using that button. Battery meter will read true after that. Some profiles for the most popular batts are here.Otherwise Google or maybe someone can help.

My battery meter seems spot on, Im just looking for all those small things to improve battery life. They can all add up meaningfully!

Well, screen and battery life first:
It will help to conserve power. My lipo mods are both 900mah. I javey screen at 40% and only on for 0.5s at all times with the exception of when it's on charger.
On my liion mods I left it stock.

As to what goes into the relationships on your numbers: best thing I can say is okay with it until you're happy. Think of it as a teenagers playtoy.
Therr really aren't any rules in how you vape. The beautiful part of the board is that it lets you go from puffing toodles to chasing clouds on one mod.
Nowadays with fancy coils like a clapton, alien or triceratops coil, we are all on different combinations of mass and density requiring different power levels.
I have one profile with a 65w setting, a preheat of 80w with a 11punch at 1.5 seconds and another at 20w with a 7punch, 24w at 0.3second.

Total opposite sides of the spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats kinda what I was figuring. I like to remove subjectivity to the greatest degree possible, and then use that as a foundation to build on. Ill probably just write something up in Python for my personal use. I have a few modules that I think I can use. The idea will be to come up with the smoothest response curve for a given coil mass/type and temp range and then Ill adjust out from there to fine tune.

Ideally, that will allow me to quickly throw the results into escribe and then adjust on the mod. I switch coils so often that it can get a bit tedious to go through the whole thing again and again. Hopefully, I can streamline that process and only adjust fine tuning elements. We'll see how it turns out :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My battery meter seems spot on, Im just looking for all those small things to improve battery life. They can all add up meaningfully!

Thats kinda what I was figuring. I like to remove subjectivity to the greatest degree possible, and then use that as a foundation to build on. Ill probably just write something up in Python for my personal use. I have a few modules that I think I can use. The idea will be to come up with the smoothest response curve for a given coil mass/type and temp range and then Ill adjust out from there to fine tune.

Ideally, that will allow me to quickly throw the results into escribe and then adjust on the mod. I switch coils so often that it can get a bit tedious to go through the whole thing again and again. Hopefully, I can streamline that process and only adjust fine tuning elements. We'll see how it turns out :)
mmm
I'm an EE as well, and I gotta say..... I never bothered (I guess I'm part M.E. mentality though-lol)
out of my profiles I have 1 for mtl single coil tanks, 1 for dl single coil, 2 for rdas cloud chasing, 2 for rdas flavor chasing, one for Kanthal mtl and one for Kanthal dl.
I haven't had to reprogram anything in escribe in the last 6 months at least.
it one of those things where you just get a feel for it and never have to do anything again - with the exception of adjusting the primary power setting. the punch and temp setting really work great together at controlling the ramp up and initial hit.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is how escribe works as it is now (from what I can tell): when you enter a custom TCR for a wire (e.g. SS304 set to 0.00110), the sftw keeps that TCR value cached and fills it in automatically for all subsequent clicks of the Action -> TCR setting....

...so if you next click on a different wire in the materials box, like SS316, and go to Actions -> TCR, it fills in 0.00110 as the value... IOW, it's not designed to report the TCR. It's just providing a field to change the TCR.

I can only guess the programmer figured if you are clicking to change TCR and used that value last, you might want to use it again. So they fill it in for you. Instead of showing you the actual value assigned to that wire.

But then if you click back to SS304 wire and check in Actions -> TCR... it has 0.00105 filled in... but ONLY B/C YOU JUST USED THAT VALUE. The actual TCR of SS304 remains 0.00110 unless and until you change it.

How do I know this? I suspected that was what was happening, so set 304 wire to 0.00105 TCR and 316L wire to 0.00110 TCR, then setup Profile 1 and 2 exactly alike except for using 304 in Profile 1 and 316L in Profile 2 .... so I could switch between the two profiles on the mod and see if the vape was different. Indeed, it appeared that escribe DOES save the TCRs correctly... it just isn't designed to report them in the Actions -> TCR tab, but simply CHANGE them.

And if you start a new session, the default TCR value for all wire in Actions -> TCR becomes 0.006. Until you enter a new value... then the default becomes whatever value you added last. But again, that is not reporting the TCR, just supplying a field to change it with.

Sorry if that was confusing. Imho Escribe should show the actual TCR value (in Actions -> TCR) of whatever wire is selected, rather than tossing in a default value. It's one more thing that makes the sftw counter-intuitive and more confusing than it has to be. At least to me. But I am happy I got that straightened out... if I did. I will check by assigning more TCRs but I am pretty sure this is what's happening.

EDIT: This is all the more reason to name wire after the TCR, if you want to switch TCRs on the mod by switching profiles that are all assigned SS (for example). Because you won't be able to check the TCR value in escribe OR on the mod. Therefore, naming a wire "SS316L-TCR110" (and assigning it a TCR of 0.00110)... naming another "SSL316L-TCR105" (and assigning it TCR 0.00105) etc... will allow you to choose the right TCR for each profile by changing the wire in the profiles page. Will also allow you to glance at the materials window and see what the TCRs are for each wire.

I agree with everything you said, but there is know way of confirming the value stuck. This really sucks IMHO.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I understand what you are saying about the TCR now. It does save the TCR but when you go to check, it doesn't display what is set. How you can know if it's still what you set is by looking at the generated curve. I look at the 800F number. For example I just clicked on 316 and at 800F it's 1.337. For Ni200 it's 3.517 (Ni 200 TCR is close to .006).

I'm not sure why when you go to look at the TCR .006 comes up. I can tell by the graph approximately what the TCR is set at. SS with such a low TCR has a relatively flat TCR graph because resistance hardly changes as the Temp goes up.. Compare that to the TCR graph of Ni200 (high TCR) and you see how the graph really goes up. That is because with it's high TCR you get a much bigger change of resistance as the Temp rises.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I understand what you are saying about the TCR now. It does save the TCR but when you go to check, it doesn't display what is set. How you can know if it's still what you set is by looking at the generated curve. I look at the 800F number. For example I just clicked on 316 and at 800F it's 1.337. For Ni200 it's 3.517 (Ni 200 TCR is close to .006).

I'm not sure why when you go to look at the TCR .006 comes up. I can tell by the graph approximately what the TCR is set at. SS with such a low TCR has a relatively flat TCR graph because resistance hardly changes as the Temp goes up.. Compare that to the TCR graph of Ni200 (high TCR) and you see how the graph really goes up. That is because with it's high TCR you get a much bigger change of resistance as the Temp rises.

Cheers,
Steve
on that note, the Kanthal tcr curve is a 0.0002? I think... but it does really work to give it a boost.

Attachments

• Kanthal preheat.txt
    165 bytes · Views: 5

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with everything you said, but there is know way of confirming the value stuck. This really sucks IMHO.
You confirm it by looking at the TCR graph. Those numbers are referring to Temperature and Electrical resistivity. The lower the TCR, the flatter that graph will be, the higher the more it will climb, left to right.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it good. I know what I'm saying, but not sure if it's coming out right.

PS Looking at the graph from Left Right is Temp rising to 800F at the far right.
Going from down to up is resistance. Lower the TCR you set, the flatter the graph's line will be because almost no resistance change. That's why I always preferred SS430 to the other grades of SS because it has ~50 higher TCR. The less change, the more everything has to be perfect (connections) for the TC to be accurate.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
hehe, checked it on device manager?
No haven't looked into that. Just saying from pressing the button and sucking I don't notice anything different lol. Guess that's a good thing as nothing got screwed up

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You confirm it by looking at the TCR graph. Those numbers are referring to Temperature and Electrical resistivity. The lower the TCR, the flatter that graph will be, the higher the mare it will climb, lest to right.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it good. I know what I'm saying, but not sure if it's coming out right.

Example. This is a TCR setting of .0088. It doesn't even show the actual temp in the graph.

steve.png

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To all regarding my earlier post on TCR.... it is correct. I set up 3 different SS316L wires each named per their assigned TCR... 120, 110, and 105.

Then setup 3 profiles that are exactly alike using only the different TCR-named wire for each.

I made a custom screen for each as well to assign to the profile. TCR105, TCR110, and TCR120 screens.

Uploaded all to mod and saved to ecig file.

I then started with Profile 1 and took a few pulls... switched to Profile 2 and took a few pulls... then switched to Profile 3 and took a few pulls and there is ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION that it DOES retain the TCR value you assign to it.

My mod is perfectly setup now to my liking so I can switch between TCRs by switching between my profiles.

And it only took me 5 hours to figure that shit out. LOL!!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I'm talking about when you click on the material in the material tab, the TCR graph comes up.

This is Ni200 with a TCR of .0062. Notice how the line rises
upload_2016-8-9_19-46-13.png

This is SS316 with a TCR of .00092. Small TCR - hardly any change in resistance as temp rises (L to R)
upload_2016-8-9_19-47-30.png

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yes, there is. Try it. You can tell the diff between 105 and 110 and 120. Clearly and without hesitation they are each different in exactly the way and to the degree you would expect. But I agree that it sucks that escribe does not report the TCR value... only lets you change it. But at least it does that, which is the most important!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
This is what mine looked like. I'm using a curve downloaded from steam-engine for my coils build (duel fused claptons 316L SS) Looks normal to me?
http://imgur.com/a/SgvPF
SgvPF

SgvPF

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I understand what you are saying about the TCR now. It does save the TCR but when you go to check, it doesn't display what is set. [...] I'm not sure why when you go to look at the TCR .006 comes up.[...]

I really think it's just a starting value the programmers decided to use as the default value to put in the field [if nothing has been manually entered in that session yet]. Why 0.006 and not something else?? I don't know. Maybe b/c they wanted it to be clear it was not reporting TCR.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve...This is what looks like.

View attachment 58657
That what it looks like when you go to check because the number that comes up for the TCR is .006. The graph then shows what that is with a TCR of .006. Why .006 comes up when you click on TCR is not clear to me. I was just clicking on the material. If you change the TCR and then come back and click on the material other graph will be correct. When you go to check the TCR, the graph will show whatever number comes up in the TCR box (.006 in this case). It's a bug or glitch imo that has always been present.

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That what it looks like when you go to check because the number that comes up for the TCR is .006. The graph then shows what that is with a TCR of .006. Why .006 comes up when you click on TCR is not clear to me. I was just clicking on the material. If you change the TCR and then come back and click on the material other graph will be correct. When you go to check the TCR, the graph will show whatever number comes up in the TCR box (.006 in this case). It's a bug or glitch imo that has always been present.

Cheers,
Steve

It's a bug! Look at my post #3964. It doesn't even show actually temp and it's selected on the left:headbang:

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a bug! Look at my post #3964. It doesn't even show actually temp and it's selected on the left:headbang:
I got that on one aty. When I checked the resistance was all over the place. Rebuilt and it worked fine. check to see if the resistance is fluctuating on that aty.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got that on one aty. When I checked the resistance was all over the place. Rebuilt and it worked fine. check to see if the resistance is fluctuating on that aty.

It's a supreme tank and resistance only jumps + or - .002 while seated on the mod.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Cheers,
Steve

It seems like the Evolv gang sort of expects most folks to just use wire "out of the box" and not become 'a power user' of escribe... so they probably didn't think a lot of people would use TCR?? I don't know, but everything you said above is what made it so confusing to sort out. I tried looking at the graphs too... comparing materials I had changed to those I didn't... it was a clusterfuck. :D

The good news is, it DOES save whatever value you assign to whatever wire. The bad news is, you can't verify it thru the mod or escribe but you can through vaping, Anyone who doubts will cease to doubt once they try it. That said, I hope Evolv changes this and has Actions -> TCR report the actual value instead of auto-filling the last value you entered, or the default 0.006.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried an experiment. I hooked up my atty with NiFe 52 in it to Escribe. I changed the TCR. As soon as I clicked on TCR to change it (in the actions box) the graph changed to .006 TCR (that's what pooped up in the box). I put in .0042 and hit ok and the graph changed the correct graph for that TCR. I clicked on Upload settings to Device. Then went into the device monitor to take a puff. Here's the results:
upload_2016-8-9_20-19-45.png

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried an experiment. I hooked up my atty with NiFe 52 in it to Escribe. I changed the TCR. As soon as I clicked on it the graph changed to .006 TCR (that's what pooped up in the box). I put in .0042 and hit ok and the graph changed the correct graph for that TCR. I clicked on Upload settings to Device. Then went into the device monitor to take a puff. Here's the results:
View attachment 58658

I wonder why mine isn't showing actually temp? Did you see my graph?

steve.png

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I know. The problem with my build (whatever it was) was the resistance would be .53 after firing it would read 0.6, and settle at that value. It wouldn't go back and show the original cold resistance after firing. Can you try another aty?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes I did. When you changed the TCR did you click ok then upload settings to device? If so, click on soft reboot and try it again.

Cheers,
Steve

PS I'm using SP3 the newest update from last night.

Uploaded setting "as always". Did a soft reboot and using SP3?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I know. The problem with my build (whatever it was) was the resistance would be .53 after firing it would read 0.6, and settle at that value. It wouldn't go back and show the original cold resistance after firing. Can you try another aty?

I only trust the Supreme and my other one has NiFe in it unfortunately

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is what I'm talking about when you click on the material in the material tab, the TCR graph comes up.

This is Ni200 with a TCR of .0062. Notice how the line rises
View attachment 58654

This is SS316 with a TCR of .00092. Small TCR - hardly any change in resistance as temp rises (L to R)
View attachment 58655
this is mine
rampfront.jpg

couldn't help it ...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try resetting the TCR you want and see if that changes anything. Click on the wire in the material tab, then cick on the actions box, click on TCR - put the TCR you want in the TCR box and click OK. Then click on Upload Settings to Device, then click on the Device monitor and see what the results are. If that doesn't fix it, try rebooting your PC. That's all I have atm.

Cheers,
Steve

PS make sure you have exited out of the device monitor before trying this. I'm not sure what wire you are trying to change:
T0cBNE5.jpg

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try resetting the TCR you want and see if that changes anything. Click on the wire in the material tab, then cick on the actions box, click on TCR - put the TCR you want in the TCR box and click OK. Then click on Upload Settings to Device, then click on the Device monitor and see what the results are. If that doesn't fix it, try rebooting your PC. That's all I have atm.

Cheers,
Steve

PS make sure you have exited out of the device monitor before trying this. I'm not sure what wire you are trying to change:
T0cBNE5.jpg

Found it:cuss2:

steve.png

VU Sponsors