Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It just dawned on me that Evolv got the new 60 & 250 chips out before today, but I am not aware of any mods utilizing those chips that were released before the Regs took effect.
Does that make them DIY only chips for the US?
Quite possibly. In fact, I'm looking for the spec sheet as I type this. Hopefully drop in (same size as 200). It would be great if the chips were same size....tons of options. Existing DIY boxes would work as well as the VT133 for a brain upgrade.

What's interesting is that Evolve appears to be using the DNA 200 for the pic of the DNA 250. I don't see any other reason they would not show 250W on the screen?? Or am I missing something... I thought the 250 was 250W capable?

On a side note, that damn Therion DNA75 is built very well- too well! I can't for the life of me figure out how to disassemble the damn thing. All screws removed, just as solid as screws in place. None of my other DNA mods are that well built, they are easily disassembled. Anyhow, I mentioned that because I am itching to swap out the 200 from my DX200 and swap with the Therion's DNA 75. Hell, I might get a 250 chip for it. I just love the Therion overall, just wish it were a DNA 200 or now 250.

If anyone here has heard of a successful swap or has gutted their Therion, I would love and appreciate any tips.

I wish Daniel DLJSB would do one of his full reviews on the Therion. It has been a bitch to teardown...I'm not trying to ruin the case :) would defeat the point.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It just dawned on me that Evolv got the new 60 & 250 chips out before today, but I am not aware of any mods utilizing those chips that were released before the Regs took effect.
Does that make them DIY only chips for the US?
I think there some were that had a soft release before today. Here's one I know of:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the update escribe or firmware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
It's right here. I'll caution you that a few people with VS DNA200's are reporting loosing 2 amp charging after the update. The only issue I had was my battery bar went to 0 after the update. I was able to restore it with a soft reboot on the VT133 that it happened to. On my Reuleaux I had to do a hard reboot.

[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-05 EScribe 1.2 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/escribe/archive/SetupES250_2016-08-05.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 75, 200, and 250.
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/early-firmware-7508618?pid=1293056071

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a reminder to reach out to your local representative today. Even if you already have! I mad e the call this morning and surprisingly, I was able to speak to a Rep and they were able to reference my email that I had sent previously. Their response was actually well received.. not saying that it was not BS, just that I feel that I had a "sensible" convo about facts and my own personal story.

I felt compelled to DO SOMETHING today before I start my private and public bitch session :). Oh yeah,... that's happening but, I also want to make sure that my Rep heard it directly from me today!

Here's a link to reach out! If we all flooded our Reps today... they would know or at least experience raft of these stupid regulations!

http://cqrcengage.com/casaa/app/make-a-call?4&engagementId=234933

Be well my friends!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been following this thread since 2-3months back and just bought a black/black VT133.
Installed escribe and loaded Steve(Wingfans) profile even though I'm a tootle puffer. 12.5w 1.1ish ohm kanthal 9mg nic vaper.Currently am using the power mode and may try the TC mode once I go out and buy wires. As of now have no idea if TC would benefit me.
Thanks Steve and others for contributing to this thread as I know I would be lost without reading this thread as this is my 1st dna mod and all my other mods were ready to go with power mode by default.

VTelcome - yes do get some wire and try it .. its a game changer.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woot... a crap ton of FT booty in the house, and a third order cleared customs yesterday so Thursday at a guess, maybe Wednesday.

That one has the second Supreme Lite... the first is havin' a bath. :p

That wasn't bad at all, I guess they are delivering pretty quick this year.
Orders moved out last Monday/Tuesday... one week flat to rural S. Oregon.

Gawd I bought a lot of misc. shit. :D

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woot... a crap ton of FT booty in the house, and a third order cleared customs yesterday so Thursday at a guess, maybe Wednesday.

Orders moved last Monday/Tuesday... one week flat to rural S. Oregon.

Nice Jim. Let us know what you think of the Lite when you get a build on it. I'm still on the fence. I've had one in my basket more than once but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.

Cheers,
Steve

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice Jim. Let us know what you think of the Lite when you get a build on it. I'm still on the fence. I've had one in my basket more than once but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.

Cheers,
Steve

I can tell you right now... it's gonna be a "specialty build" item for you... much like the DNA75 if you get one.

The deck is pretty small, I'll have to dig out my Bellus to compare, they're both dual post with an included insert for single coil use. But the Lite doesn't look like it'll take much in the way of ID... kinda limits what I'll do in single coil mode (as opposed to say... the Merlin which currently sits with a 5mm ID Notch :eek: ).

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can tell you right now... it's gonna be a "specialty build" item for you... much like the DNA75 if you get one.

The deck is pretty small, I'll have to dig out my Bellus to compare, they're both dual post with an included insert for single coil use. But the Lite doesn't look like it'll take much in the way of ID... kinda limits what I'll do in single coil mode (as opposed to say... the Merlin which currently sits with a 5mm ID Notch :eek: ).
Love that Merlin with a Notch coil. Instant ramp up, great flava flav.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just a reminder to reach out to your local representative today. Even if you already have! I mad e the call this morning and surprisingly, I was able to speak to a Rep and they were able to reference my email that I had sent previously. Their response was actually well received.. not saying that it was not BS, just that I feel that I had a "sensible" convo about facts and my own personal story.

I felt compelled to DO SOMETHING today before I start my private and public bitch session :). Oh yeah,... that's happening but, I also want to make sure that my Rep heard it directly from me today!

Here's a link to reach out! If we all flooded our Reps today... they would know or at least experience raft of these stupid regulations!

http://cqrcengage.com/casaa/app/make-a-call?4&engagementId=234933

Be well my friends!
I called,she wasn't "available" however the person who answered the phone suggested I tell her what I was calling about. I explained she took notes, repeated my concerns in a summarized version, verified my contact information and asked if I would still like to speak to my representative, which I explained I would.

While I didn't vote for this person, I was treated very professionally. We'll see if I do get a call back or not.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love that Merlin with a Notch coil. Instant ramp up, great flava flav.

Unlike others though... I don't care for the pseudo-chuff DT.

The chimney ID is nothing special so it's just a matter of mouth-feel vs. performance.
I never cared for large ring sticks either... Churchills etc.

DT size is so subjective, glad I just got 7 or 8 from FT... I'll see what else might work better.

:p

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlike others though... I don't care for the pseudo-chuff DT.

The chimney ID is nothing special so it's just a matter of mouth-feel vs. performance.
I never cared for large ring sticks either... Churchills etc.

DT size is so subjective, glad I just got 7 or 8 from FT... I'll see what else might work better.

:p
See, and I love the drip tip on the Merlin. Been looking to buy them separately for my other tanks.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, and I love the drip tip on the Merlin. Been looking to buy them separately for my other tanks.

What I love best about my Merlin is I won it and didn't actually buy it :giggle:. I don't understand why people like that tank so much. The best I've been able to do is get decent flavor from it. My Supremes stomp all over it. I still have it up for trade if anyone gets a Supreme in any style they don't care for.

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I called,she wasn't "available" however the person who answered the phone suggested I tell her what I was calling about. I explained she took notes, repeated my concerns in a summarized version, verified my contact information and asked if I would still like to speak to my representative, which I explained I would.

While I didn't vote for this person, I was treated very professionally. We'll see if I do get a call back or not.
That's awesome. Pretty much sums up my experience as well. What state are you in? I'm in Cali myself.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I love best about my Merlin is I won it and didn't actually buy it :giggle:. I don't understand why people like that tank so much. The best I've been able to do is get decent flavor from it. My Supremes stomp all over it. I still have it up for trade if anyone gets a Supreme in any style they don't care for.

Cheers,
Steve
Ha ha, this is so subjective. I'm officially offering up my Supreme for another Tornado. Just came in from vaping my Tornados...one with a simple 317L dual build TC, the other a Monster quad clapton in Pwr mode. They both stomp all over my Supreme in every way, flavor vapor production and pure satisfaction. They are equal in the wicking department and they all devoir juice. :) Subjectivity at its best, but it's official for me now- I enjoy iJoy Tornado tanks!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Cheers,
Steve
I don't know bro. I'm vaping Watermelon Cotton Candy in my black Merlin and Coil Honey in my SS and they both taste devine. I gotta get on the Supreme train and try it out.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha, this is so subjective. I'm officially offering up my Supreme for another Tornado. Just came in from vaping my Tornados...one with a simple 317L dual build TC, the other a Monster quad clapton in Pwr mode. They both stomp all over my Supreme in every way, flavor vapor production and pure satisfaction. They are equal in the wicking department and they all devoir juice. :) Subjectivity at its best, but it's official for me now- I enjoy iJoy Tornado tanks!

If I had one I'd trade with you. I have a Merlin, or Griffin 25 that I can temp you with. I even have a Billow V3 Plus. :D

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I had one I'd trade with you. I have a Merlin, or Griffin 25 that I can temp you with. I even have a Billow V3 Plus. :D
:), the Billow is supposed to be like a Supreme....and the Griffin I would trade as well!!! Lol. I used to put up with that one...no need when I'm getting such good "easy" performance out of the iJoys. Not interested at all in the Merlin :)

On a side note.. I have a Mage on the way hopefully here from FT Wed. Can't wait, should be a great pairing with my Therion.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:), the Billow is supposed to be like a Supreme....and the Griffin I would trade as well!!! Lol. I used to put up with that one...no need when I'm getting such good "easy" performance out of the iJoys. Not interested at all in the Merlin :)

On a side note.. I have a Mage on the way hopefully here from FT Wed. Can't wait, should be a great pairing with my Therion.

Tough crowd in this place :giggle:. The Billow V3 Plus is more like a Griffin with the juice channels. The Supreme is a RDTA meaning the deck comes out of the base. I do like the Billow V3+ a tad better though. It has added airflow from the center post (not top).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit The Billow V3+ and Griffin have the same type of base - airflow from under the coils, juice channels. The V3+ has added airflow from the center post so you do get some side airflow. I have the top airflow Griffin 25 so you can get added air from the top. I think the Billow V3+ design is better.

The Supreme's wicks sit in juice, separate deck from the base, and direct airflow from the side.

Last edited:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My two SDNA75 I ordered from ecig on Friday showed up today:vapemail:Updated and up in running in 5 minutes. All my wire profiles from the vt133 were in already in Escripe:vino:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've been having great success with all of my FT orders in the past couple months. None have taken more than two weeks shipping time (longest was 13 days). Gotta love that! Probably going to order a couple more narDA's soon. Can't believe I can get 40+ hits and stellar flavor with it. Maximum awesomeness :xD: All my other attys are sitting lonely on the shelf. May PIF some of 'em.

Got my vt133 today, apparently pics on eciggity were accurate and its silver body with black battery door. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I still dig it!

Now, if only escribe would actually download.. Max d/l speed of 4.8 KB/s and it keeps "finishing" before the download is actually complete..:cuss2:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Dumb Question here, Why set the battery profile to 22.2kw/h? If using LG H2 batteries shouldn't it be 25.2? (8.4V * 3000mah / 1000 = 25.2)

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya bro, curently sitting on a Limitless BNIB, Alleria Bnib, Goblin, Goblin Mini, and Bellus that I would trade any 2 for a Supreme.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Let's talk about that Limitless V1 or V2? if you really wanna trade. My Supreme is used however, but can't say that I've ever used it exclusively since I've had it. I do have the box and extra glass if interested! PM me if interested.

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've been having great success with all of my FT orders in the past couple months. None have taken more than two weeks shipping time (longest was 13 days). Gotta love that! Probably going to order a couple more narDA's soon. Can't believe I can get 40+ hits and stellar flavor with it. Maximum awesomeness :xD: All my other attys are sitting lonely on the shelf. May PIF some of 'em.

Got my vt133 today, apparently pics on eciggity were accurate and its silver body with black battery door. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I still dig it!

Now, if only escribe would actually download.. Max d/l speed of 4.8 KB/s and it keeps "finishing" before the download is actually complete..:cuss2:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's talk about that Limitless V1 or V2? if you really wanna trade. My Supreme is used however, but can't say that I've ever used it exclusively since I've had it. I do have the box and extra glass if interested! PM me if interested.

I still have a Limitless Plus V2 I can trade. Long story, but I kept it, it's been used for 2 tanks - practically brand new. The genny style tanks give great flavor but it's not my style. Shoot me a PM if you really want to trade.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Which version are you trying to DL. The 1.0.42 or the new one?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you think of them? You are sandbagging me. Never mentioned you were ordering the SDNA75's :D:giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

I really like them so far:D Daniel set up a couple of the profiles just for SS Clapton wire. They are bad little dudes :cheers:
Vaping the shit out of it (30 min) with 75w preheat and 75 watts set to 425F and still at 93% battery. The graph is flat lined with 316L Clapton coils and using 40- 45 watts after hitting temp set point.

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which version are you trying to DL. The 1.0.42 or the new one?

May have to give the interwebs a break for a bit, lol.

Not sure which version, its just the dl link from products/dna200/, filename 'setupES.exe'

Oh the joys of rural internet :slowclap:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May have to give the interwebs a break for a bit, lol.

Not sure which version, its just the dl link from products/dna200/, filename 'setupES.exe'

Oh the joys of rural internet :slowclap:
This the one I was using until a couple of days ago: It's very good!
[RECOMMENDED]
*** 2016-02-29 EScribe 1.0.42 ***
https://www.dimensionengineering.com/software/SetupES_2016-02-29.exe (52MB standalone installer)
This version includes all of the changes of 2016-02-12 and 2016-02-23 and also:
(1) adds contributed translation for German. Thanks German DNA Crew!
(2) fixes .ecig file compatibility and locale issues some European users may have experienced. Restore Defaults should also be more reliable.

Here is the new one that came out on the 5th. It's still an Early/test version. Not everyone wants to jump on early versions. I'm using on my VT133's and it smooths out SS316 and 317 TC graphs.
[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-05 EScribe 1.2 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/escribe/archive/SetupES250_2016-08-05.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 75, 200, and 250.

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Steve quick question. When I leave my vt133 sit for an hour or so, when I pick it up to vape the boot screen comes on and it boots up. Like it was sleeping. Is there a way to make it so it doesn't go to sleep for 2 hours or so. BTW I have your profiles loaded in it...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Steve quick question. When I leave my vt133 sit for an hour or so, when I pick it up to vape the boot screen comes on and it boots up. Like it was sleeping. Is there a way to make it so it doesn't go to sleep for 2 hours or so. BTW I have your profiles loaded in it...
As far as I know it goes to sleep after 30 minutes to save battery life. I don't believe there is a way to change that (at least not that I know of). You can still fire it while that boot screen is coming up iirc.

Cheers,
Steve

PS I hope you are enjoying the profiles!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
like steve said, it will fire when the splash screen comes on. If you go in escribe you can decrease the time that the splash screen shows though.
mine is set for 0.5 sec.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Foggz.

What do u or anyone else reckons I start with. Where Im from, I can only find SS316 and ti only.No online ordering as vaping is ban here. Been cig free for 1 year and has down the nic to 9mg from 12. Should I start with 28g SS. My build is usually 1.1ish ohm 28g kanthal 12.5w.

Congrats on being cig-free for a year and lowering the nicotine. :) Very sorry to hear vaping is banned there. I will let others suggest where you might start, but SS316 is preferred over Ti. 28g might be a little more difficult to work with than 26g but again, will let others offer their expertise. I'm new here too but pleased to have you and hope you enjoy the VT133 and temp control. :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Foggz.

What do u or anyone else reckons I start with. Where Im from, I can only find SS316 and ti only.No online ordering as vaping is ban here. Been cig free for 1 year and has down the nic to 9mg from 12. Should I start with 28g SS. My build is usually 1.1ish ohm 28g kanthal 12.5w.
I've tried both. It depends on what you want. Both are good for TC.

Ti01 (you want Grade 1) is good for TC, some people prefer it to all other wires in TC. It has a relativly high TCR so it's accurate producing a flat curve.
Cons - You have to be careful dry burning it because if it gets to hot it can produce Titanium Dioxide (white powder) that is not good for you. It can only be used in TC. Has lower resistance per inch/mm

SS316(L) is good in TC as well. Is readily available. With the new firmware has a pretty flat TC graph even though it has a lower TCR. Can be used in TC or Power mode - very versatile wire. Can be dry burned.

Cons- Low TCR (but with the new firmware that really isn't a problem.

I would go with 26ga if you have that option. Both materials are lower in resistance per inch/mm so 26ga will kick up the resistance a bit. It's also easy to work with (not too thick or thin).

All that being said my personal favorite TC wire is SS 430 because it has a higher TCR than SS316. I also like NiFe48/52. I have all the wires I've mentioned with the addition of Ni200 (my least favorite because it is very low in resistance, can't be dry burned, and is very malleable). Hope some of this helps! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

T0cBNE5.jpg

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Steve (or anyone) .... can I rename wire types either before or after adding them to the materials tab? I want to have multiple instances of SS316L but each named according to the TCR I plan to set for it so I can assign "316L-TCR120" to Profile 1 for when I am using 24g 3mm coils... and "316L-TCR105" to Profile 2 for when I am using 26g 2.5mm coils, etc. I realize the Steam Engine Elite is already TCR 105 and I can assign 120 to the plain "316L Elite" wire type, but I am highly OC and that's not organized enough for me..:D .I like visual clarity so I don't have to remember later what's what. Plus I want more than two TCRs for SS316L. I wish this could be set on the mod directly, but this compromise would work so I can switch TCRs by switching profiles. Later I might re-organize it all by another logic but for now this would be convenient. :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve (or anyone) .... can I rename wire types either before or after adding them to the materials tab? I want to have multiple instances of SS316L but each named according to the TCR I plan to set for it so I can assign "316L-TCR120" to Profile 1 for when I am using 24g 3mm coils... and "316L-TCR105" to Profile 2 for when I am using 26g 2.5mm coils, etc. I realize the Steam Engine Elite is already TCR 105 and I can assign 120 to the plain "316L Elite" wire type, but I am highly OC and that's not organized enough for me..:D .I like visual clarity so I don't have to remember later what's what. Plus I want more than two TCRs for SS316L. I wish this could be set on the mod directly, but this compromise would work so I can switch TCRs by switching profiles. Later I might re-organize it all by another logic but for now this would be convenient. :D
You can but the display will only go 5 places (letters or numbers). I could however make you custom screens for the profiles. You would just need to tell me what you want them to say. If you need help on where to rename them, just let me know.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can but the display will only go 5 places (letters or numbers). I could however make you custom screens for the profiles. You would just need to tell me what you want them to say. If you need help on where to rename them, just let me know.

I meant to rename the wire in the materials tab, so that I can easily assign the right wire (with the TCR I want) to the profile under "Coil Material" from the drop-down in the profile window. (Thanks for the offer to make me custom screens! Thankfully I already mastered that some days back. That's fun. :D )

BTW, what is the advantage to a wire with a higher TCR like 430 vs 316? Is the vape smoother?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I meant to rename the wire in the materials tab, so that I can easily assign the right wire (with the TCR I want) to the profile under "Coil Material" from the drop-down in the profile window. (Thanks for the offer to make me custom screens! Thankfully I already mastered that some days back. That's fun. :D )

BTW, what is the advantage to a wire with a higher TCR like 430 vs 316? Is the vape smoother?
The higher the TCR, the more the resistance changes as the temp rises, the easier it is for the mod to read it, thus more accurate with smoother temp curves.

You change the name here, in the material tab. Click on the wire and rename it in the two boxes.
upload_2016-8-8_23-40-51.png

VU Sponsors