Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I updated the VT133 and the VT75, no issues so far and I like the "Modular" eScribe.

It's is amazing how nice the vape is from a DNA device. I decided to bring out one of my Rose V2's and toss a SS430 build in it. 30W/420F on the VT133 provides a much better vape than the old VW mods it was used on in the past. It's still one the most flavorful MTL RTAs ever made, right on par with the GEM and Flash e-Vapor VS.

Good to take a break from the Genelocity sometimes... but not too long of a break. :)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just making sure. I updated the two I mainly use also. This opens up so many TC SS coil builds now:cheers:
Agreed. I pulled out my old 316L to see what I have in stock after the update. Of course I don't have 32, 34, or 36 for Clapton wrap :p:giggle:. I posted somewhere (it's been crazy with the update - been posting a lot and my PM's have also been fast and furious) that if this update had been around sooner a lot of us would probably not have tried SS430. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did. The Unkamen SS430 is top notch in my book and I get great flavor using it.:cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

PS I haven't ordered anything this weekend. Did a lot of yard work and the update took up a lot of time (not the update itself, but you know above)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed. I pulled out my old 316L to see what I have in stock after the update. Of course I don't have 32, 34, or 36 for Clapton wrap :p:giggle:. I posted somewhere (it's been crazy with the update - been posting a lot and my PM's have also been fast and furious) that if this update had been around sooner a lot of us would probably not have tried SS430. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did. The Unkamen SS430 is top notch in my book and I get great flavor using it.:cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

PS I haven't ordered anything this weekend. Did a lot of yard work and the update took up a lot of time (not the update itself, but you know above)
Just making sure. I updated the two I mainly use also. This opens up so many TC SS coil builds now:cheers:
it totally makes the trick wire from avs smooth as Kate Upton's ass

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lovely.... My missing VT133 is taking cross country trips. Made it 80 miles from me in Pa and now its back in Federal Way WA VapeNW's home post office.
Is it coming back to me or going back to them......As USPS turns ...tune in tomorrow for another exciting adventure.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lovely.... My missing VT133 is taking cross country trips. Made it 80 miles from me in Pa and now its back in Federal Way WA VapeNW's home post office.
Is it coming back to me or going back to them......As USPS turns ...tune in tomorrow for another exciting adventure.

That has to suck! Hope it finds you soon:cheers:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
better than postcards

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think i have found a bug with the new update? I have many rda's built with 316 SS wire and not once has the mod ask me if this was a new coil before using them. Seem strange?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So do I. Out of frustration I'm about to pull the plug on a VT200 from MVS. Hate the thought of the LiPo pack but....after having the VT133 for a week I want a freaking DNA200 board NOW....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So do I. Out of frustration I'm about to pull the plug on a VT200 from MVS. Hate the thought of the LiPo pack but....after having the VT133 for a week I want a freaking DNA200 board NOW....
if you want a 200w... do yourself a favor and get either the biggest lipoack you can- no less than 1300mah- OR- 2a charging - OR- triple18650

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if you want a 200w... do yourself a favor and get either the biggest lipoack you can- no less than 1300mah- OR- 2a charging - OR- triple18650
The VT200 has the 1300mah 3S pack. I've been looking at the Triade but I have an RX200S and I'm not a fan of the form factor or the rip your battery wrap polarity rings on the Triade.

EDIT: I do TC mostly so it's not the 200 watts but the how well the chip works.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think i have found a bug with the new update? I have many rda's built with 316 SS wire and not once has the mod ask me if this was a new coil before using them. Seem strange?
The difference has to be small for it to ask you "New Coil". If it's not very small it just locks in the new resistance.

I have a dual SS430 in my Aromamizer Supreme .36 ohms. I took a puff, unscrewed it, hit the fire button, screwed it back on and it asked New Coil .39 or no .36.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VT200 has the 1300mah 3S pack. I've been looking at the Triade but I have an RX200S and I'm not a fan of the form factor or the rip your battery wrap polarity rings on the Triade.
My VT200 are between 1000-1100mah. I'm not sure there is enough room in there to squeeze in a 1300mah pack. Hcigar says the newer ones are but I'm skeptical. Just a heads up.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MVS is advertising it as 1300mah
They have always been advertised as 1300mah. I have 2 of them from early runs and I can say as fact mine aren't 1300mah.

Hcigar has said something to the effect that the early ones weren't but the newer ones are. Was something about their supplier (can't remember for sure what their excuse was).

The new ones may very well be 1300mah, I have no way to confirm that. I was just giving you a friendly warning of my experience with the early runs. I'd ask MVS just for peace of mind

PS Mine have the Brass 510 connector. They have since changed to SS iirc - I'm just throwing that in to drive home the point they were the early run. Mine have given me no problems whatsoever

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The difference has to be small for it to ask you "New Coil". If it's not very small it just locks in the new resistance.

I have a dual SS430 in my Aromamizer Supreme .36 ohms. I took a puff, unscrewed it, jit the fire button, screwed it back on and it asked New Coil .39 or no .36.

Cheers,
Steve

Just tried it on the Supreme and you are correct, as always:cheers:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just need to settle my ass down and see If ecig can replace the damaged one and VapeNW gets one to me. The VT133 is exactly what I want, DNA chip and dual 18650. I fell in love with the one I had but the universe has a wicked sense of humor. .

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just need to settle my ass down and see If ecig can replace the damaged one and VapeNW gets one to me. The VT133 is exactly what I want DNA chip and dual 18650. I fell in love with the one I had.

There are a couple of us that had the same issue with VapeNW packages. One of mine came to my post office for 6 hours and then went to New York for 2 days. Go to your PO and give them your tracking # to get it strait:cuss2:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There are a couple of us that had the same issue with VapeNW packages. One of mine came to my post office for 6 hours and then went to New York for 2 days. Go to your PO and give them your tracking # to get it strait:cuss2:
That's what I'm going to do first thing tomorrow. This was my first order from them and the only time in a long time I've had mail go astray.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In case this is of use to anyone.... found these battery CSV curves for the most popular batt types... including the Qs some of us will be getting (and others might already have), 25r, VTC (general), VTC5, and LG H2s. I loaded the general VTC csv (am using a VTC 4-equivalent in the HD2C) and FINALLY the battery meter is reading true. FTR a reddit VT133 user w/ Qs said the csv for the Qs is working great for him. (You guys probably already have these or have made your own, but maybe they'll help someone who meanders along.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention after you load a file re-do the mah and check the # of cells as the csv I used had 3 cells chosen by default.

And now it's time for TV ! :popcorn: :pizza:

Last edited:

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In case this is of use to anyone.... found these battery CSV curves for the most popular batt types... including the Qs some of us will be getting (and others might already have), 25r, VTC (general), VTC5, and LG H2s. I loaded the general VTC csv (am using a VTC 4-equivalent in the HD2C) and FINALLY the battery meter is reading true. FTR a reddit VT133 user w/ Qs said the csv for the Qs is working great for him. (You guys probably already have these or have made your own, but maybe they'll help someone who meanders along.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention after you load a file re-do the mah and check the # of cells as the csv I used had 3 cells chosen by default.

And now it's time for TV ! :popcorn: :pizza:
Awesome.. Thanks for posting this!!

I was just thinking that I wanted to find a profile for the Samsung 30Q's that I have loaded in my Therion!

Thanks again

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used Steve's profiles for my SDNA75 just make sure none are over 75 watts.
I saved them in a separate profiles folder then loaded them to the SDNA 75 one at a time. Working fine for me.
The latest Escribe lets you choose DNA 200 or DNA 75 the older version is only for the DNA 200
Thanks that worked perfectly! I wanted my smy setup just like my VT133 and that did the trick.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

sorry for your woe's bro ... at least it is somewhere and likely that you will receive it.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VS 133 dual 18650 Dammit just when I told myself I'm done buying loved my dna 200 zip charge. To bad vs has exclusive on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VS 133 dual 18650 Dammit just when I told myself I'm done buying loved my dna 200 zip charge. To bad vs has exclusive on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Evolv announced the DNA250 and one of the specs is 2 amp charging. I agree I wish the DNA200's all had 2 amp charging. It really doesn't effect the VT133 for me because I don't charge in the mod. It would be nice for my 3s Lipo DNA200's though!
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/dna-250-8198177?trail=15

Cheers,
Steve

bratz

Member For 4 Years
I've been following this thread since 2-3months back and just bought a black/black VT133.

Installed escribe and loaded Steve(Wingfans) profile even though I'm a tootle puffer. 12.5w 1.1ish ohm kanthal 9mg nic vaper.Currently am using the power mode and may try the TC mode once I go out and buy wires. As of now have no idea if TC would benefit me.

Thanks Steve and others for contributing to this thread as I know I would be lost without reading this thread as this is my 1st dna mod and all my other mods were ready to go with power mode by default.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been following this thread since 2-3months back and just bought a black/black VT133.

Installed escribe and loaded Steve(Wingfans) profile even though I'm a tootle puffer. 12.5w 1.1ish ohm kanthal 9mg nic vaper.Currently am using the power mode and may try the TC mode once I go out and buy wires. As of now have no idea if TC would benefit me.

Thanks Steve and others for contributing to this thread as I know I would be lost without reading this thread as this is my 1st dna mod and all my other mods were ready to go with power mode by default.
Congrats on your new mod. I hope you like it as much as I do. If you have any questions, fire away. Lots of helpful people here. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It just dawned on me that Evolv got the new 60 & 250 chips out before today, but I am not aware of any mods utilizing those chips that were released before the Regs took effect.
Does that make them DIY only chips for the US?

VU Sponsors