Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is indeed great news/update. I never jumped on the ss430 wagon BC I could not find the gauges that I prefer.

I can confirm that my 317L performs even better after the update...have not graphed it yet...not terribly concerned with the graph...but most importantly to me, it vapes even better to me...now, to qualify my assessment, please note that I have not graphed wire since I first began trying TC. I go fully by feel and exoerience, so my report may not mean anything to most:)...

I'm just happy that my beloved Unkamen 317L wire is even better than it used to be in TC. It still is the best that I've tried :)

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10
Oh by the way the other day when I was talking about a couple of generous people I've met in this thread that I call friends. I mistakenly forgot to mention @Infinite1 . He kindly/generously sent me some of the Unkamen SS317L to sample (it was his idea, same with Boost Addict - I wasn't asking - I was blown away by both of their generosity). There are really some great people here! Thanks buddy, just wanted to publicly thank you too! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's just bad karma I guess. I got two from ecig and my buddy convinced me to sell him one as a gift for his kid. Ok no problem went to order another one and ecig was out of stock so I got one from VapeNW and that's the one that almost showed up in the mean time the one from ecig died so it's back at ecig but there out of stock. We'll see what happens from here. Probably nothing until Monday. Chocking it up to shit happens.

Sounds like you deserve some good karma, not bad. What's that saying? "No good deed goes unpunished." :) Keep the faith brother... I have high hopes it will show up.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last night decided to try my SS 316L 24g. (Been using 26g.) 2.5mm 7-wrap standard dual coil (on Aromamizer Supreme), comes in at .16ohms. Curious if anyone else is using the 24g and if so, what temp/watts you're using? I found it only hit really well when the coil was [newly made and so] manually juiced up. I got fed up after awhile of trying different powers/etc that I just pulled out the coils and put 26g back in. Now I wonder how the 24g would have done with the updated firmware.

(Realize it could be the juice too. Hate adding PG to my VG DIY but seemed like it wasn't getting all the juice it needs to really perform. Also considering to drill out the deck holes on the Supreme to be slightly larger. Have drilled out juice holes on previous tanks [not the AS] and never been sorry. Always drastically improved the vape.) But b/f doing that will try 24g again with the new firmware.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 2 vs200s, 2 vaporflask 133s, 2 VSDNA40S, 4 VSDNARDNA40S

the quality of the finish used to be pretty bad back with the early release of the rdna40s, but after the third run of those they fixed the issues and have continued to improve on it ..

NOW, with the 200s and the 133s, the finish is top notch and really takes a punishment. not to mention should there be an issue the customer service there is great and they will replace a mod within warranty, even out of warranty they will replace a case for cheapy cheapy.

- keep in mind, I'm a vs fanboy and am ordering one of the vs133s just because.
Hey I'm really interested in the vs133. Always wanted the 200 but 900mah battery kept me away. But now the 133 is right up my alley. I was wondering if they have a coupon code or do they ever have sales?? I would love to get around 20 bucks off. If not Im gonna pull the trigger anyways. Thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey I'm really interested in the vs133. Always wanted the 200 but 900mah battery kept me away. But now the 133 is right up my alley. I was wondering if they have a coupon code or do they ever have sales?? I would love to get around 20 bucks off. If not Im gonna pull the trigger anyways. Thanks
They have sales on Holidays. I've seen 15% off. I'm not sure if they are running anything atm

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
first weekend of September is a holiday (memorial day or labor day - I cant remember which)
they will have a 10-15% off code then

also to be announced before the 8th is going to be the dna60
its going to be the same case as the 40 but with a 60 chip and escribe. I'm hoping they offer a board upgrade so I can jus send in my 40s

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Last night decided to try my SS 316L 24g. (Been using 26g.) 2.5mm 7-wrap standard dual coil (on Aromamizer Supreme), comes in at .16ohms. Curious if anyone else is using the 24g and if so, what temp/watts you're using? I found it only hit really well when the coil was [newly made and so] manually juiced up. I got fed up after awhile of trying different powers/etc that I just pulled out the coils and put 26g back in. Now I wonder how the 24g would have done with the updated firmware.

(Realize it could be the juice too. Hate adding PG to my VG DIY but seemed like it wasn't getting all the juice it needs to really perform. Also considering to drill out the deck holes on the Supreme to be slightly larger. Have drilled out juice holes on previous tanks [not the AS] and never been sorry. Always drastically improved the vape.) But b/f doing that will try 24g again with the new firmware.
You might want to try a larger diameter coil that holds more wick.
I have never built that low on that small of a diameter.
I don't go below 3.0mm on anything under 0.5 Ohms.
YMMV

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
first weekend of September is a holiday (memorial day or labor day - I cant remember which)
they will have a 10-15% off code then

also to be announced before the 8th is going to be the dna60
its going to be the same case as the 40 but with a 60 chip and escribe. I'm hoping they offer a board upgrade so I can jus send in my 40s
Does the vaporshark fit 25mm attys without overhang? I was looking at the demensions and it says 23.8mm wide if I remember correctly. That might be a problem since I have a ton of 24 and 25mm tanks and drippers..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does the vaporshark fit 25mm attys without overhang? I was looking at the demensions and it says 23.8mm wide if I remember correctly. That might be a problem since I have a ton of 24 and 25mm tanks and drippers..
the flask will give you a very noticeable overhang... the shark with a sharkskin is 26.2 mm
8AF80D2E-D19D-42FD-8985-CA535EB36CEC_zpskolzvm2x.jpg

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
27e37c5ff039dc45630fa8e4f1c7868c.jpg

This is my VS 200 with supreme . With out the rubber sleeve . Just to give you some sort of idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks guys, doesn't seem to bad of an overhang.
no and if you use a skin, it will be flush
I had that issue with the dna 30 and a taifun... the tank was bigger than the mod, and the skin made it all look like it fit right.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh by the way the other day when I was talking about a couple of generous people I've met in this thread that I call friends. I mistakenly forgot to mention @Infinite1 . He kindly/generously sent me some of the Unkamen SS317L to sample (it was his idea, same with Boost Addict - I wasn't asking - I was blown away by both of their generosity). There are really some great people here! Thanks buddy, just wanted to publicly thank you too! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
It was my pleasure Steve! No call out required, but very nice of ya friend! Besides, I wanted you to graph it and more importantly try it in spite of graphs :). It appears that now, the 317L or 316L might be the way to go if graphs/vape experience align. For me, I've been satisfied with 317 overall. Before the update, and now I'm noticing a much improved experience in TC. I am still using power mode a lot lately, primarily because of the coils I'm building lately are really for powered mode.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
4b26276b19266689a945949f3cfaed80.jpg

This pict with sleeve on . It's not bad at all .

And the vs133 comes with a shark skin?? I wanna order one so badly. I don't think I'll be able to wait for a sale. It's been on my mind all day ever since I read your post that there in stock this morning. Has anyone ordered one yet??

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And the vs133 comes with a shark skin?? I wanna order one so badly. I don't think I'll be able to wait for a sale. It's been on my mind all day ever since I read your post that there in stock this morning. Has anyone ordered one yet??
I have another vt133 and a few tanks going to show up in the mail today . If the wife don't freak out I am ordering one tonight lmao

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beware of the new firmware update!

People have reported it breaks 2A charging with VS mods. And if you use "maximum recharges (4.10v per cell)" on any DNA200 (DNA133), it is stuck on "maximum puffs (4.20v per cell)".

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beware of the new firmware update!

People have reported it breaks 2A charging with VS mods. And if you use "maximum recharges (4.10v per cell)" on any DNA200 (DNA133), it is stuck on "maximum puffs (4.20v per cell)".
I always set mine to maximum puffs. I just checked and Escribe is letting me toggle back and forth. Haven't tried charging it at the other setting though. I don't charge my VT133 onboard anyway.

As for the other issue James said his and Nicks VS are charging fine (2 amps) but I've seen 3 people say they couldn't charge over .75 amps. Not sure if it's because their cells were already mostly charged or if it's a bug.

@f1r3b1rd have you updated your sharks yet? If so are they still charging at 2 amps?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I always set mine to maximum puffs. I just checked and Escribe is letting me toggle back and forth. Haven't tried charging it at the other setting though. I don't charge my VT133 onboard anyway.

As for the other issue James said his and Nicks VS are charging fine (2 amps) but I've seen 3 people say they couldn't charge over .75 amps. Not sure if it's because their cells were already mostly charged or if it's a bug.

@f1r3b1rd have you updated your sharks yet? If so are they still charging at 2 amps?
my vsflasks are working fine at 2a but the 200w shark is down to 0.5-1a

I'm sure evolv will fix it in the final release of the upgrade

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200w board vs 133w board
This is a post from James (Admin) at Evolv

"It worked fine on my VS DNA 200, as well as Nick's. No problems charging at all. What are your cell voltages at, and your USB voltage? Of course if your batteries are nearly full, the charge will not be at 2A.

Hmm. What kind of chargers are you using? I am using an Aukey Quick Charge 3.0 single port and the charge port on a 7-port Anker USB hub."

So it doesn't seem to be affecting all VS 200 watt boards. Oh well, just trying too give a heads up.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is a post from James (Admin) at Evolv

"It worked fine on my VS DNA 200, as well as Nick's. No problems charging at all. What are your cell voltages at, and your USB voltage? Of course if your batteries are nearly full, the charge will not be at 2A.

Hmm. What kind of chargers are you using? I am using an Aukey Quick Charge 3.0 single port and the charge port on a 7-port Anker USB hub."

So it doesn't seem to be affecting all VS 200 watt boards. Oh well, just trying too give a heads up.
ok. well that makes sense. my battery was at 95%

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey folks this is probably a goofy question but I just got the SMY Sdna75, will I have to download different software or can I just use Steves profiles that I'm using on my VT133? Jesus that was a long question lol. Thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 75 runs on a different version of Escribe. I believe that mod is configured by Daniel of DJLSB vapes so it should be usable out of the package. I do think if you wanted to you could save profiles and upload it to the 75. I wish I could be more helpful but I don't as yet own a DNA75.

Cheers,
Steve

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know why I need to increase temperature when I swap new charge batteries?

Here is what my setup is 0.33 SS316L, 45W TC 400F was enjoying mild warm vape but whenever I swap batteries fully charged I am not getting same vape neither flavor nor cloud so I increase to tc 450F then I get that, what could be the reason? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
no and if you use a skin, it will be flush
I had that issue with the dna 30 and a taifun... the tank was bigger than the mod, and the skin made it all look like it fit right.
I have another vt133 and a few tanks going to show up in the mail today . If the wife don't freak out I am ordering one tonight lmao

So like I had said earlier I couldn't wait for a sale and pulled the trigger on the VS133. 159.99 shipped. Can't wait always wanted a VS. My question is do they come with a shark skin or do you have to purchase separate. Probably should have asked and made sure before I purchased it so I could have added it to my order if they dont. Thanks in advance for the help.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So like I had said earlier I couldn't wait for a sale and pulled the trigger on the VS133. 159.99 shipped. Can't wait always wanted a VS. My question is do they come with a shark skin or do you have to purchase separate. Pollyanna should have asked and made sure before I purchased it so I could have added it to my order of they dont. Thanks in advance for the help.
they do not come with one.
If history repeats itself. the skin for the 133 will be out in the next few weeks, just keep watching the website or call customer service about it.
it usually takes a week or two after the mod launches for the skins to go live...
you will love the mod though!!!!! congrats!!!!:cheers:
best form factor ive had in vaping and with support in the US.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
they do not come with one.
If history repeats itself. the skin for the 133 will be out in the next few weeks, just keep watching the website or call customer service about it.
it usually takes a week or two after the mod launches for the skins to go live...
you will love the mod though!!!!! congrats!!!!:cheers:
best form factor ive had in vaping and with support in the US.
Thanks man. I will keep my eye out for the skin. Yeah the form factor is the reason I always wanted one. One of my vape friends has the VS200 and when I held it, it was super comfy. And the feel of the finish is awesome. Really looking forward to vapemail. I will keep you guys updated when it shows up. Thanks again for the help.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*Well it looks like Evolv has released an Early Firmware*. I haven't tried it yet. I'm getting ready too. I was just reading where someone said it smoothed out SS TC. Like I said, I haven't tried it yet. Here's the copy and paste from their site:
[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-05 EScribe 1.2 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/escribe/archive/SetupES250_2016-08-05.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.
Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.
This version can communicate with DNA 60, 75, 200, and 250.
Cheers,
Steve

Installed .. like 5 mins ago... seems to be working well .. will update if any new info - Thank you Steve!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you going to snag one? It's tempting but I would rather grab BR Lavabox 75 if/when it comes out.

I am so on the fence re this lol ... trying to budget myself to one more mod for the time being.. too many choices that I like right now.. VS / nano / therion / 'nother VT / new slice if/when / blah blah ... I like that it's DNA tho - I am so glad to have finally tried this board .. Such a good vape after all :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am so on the fence re this lol ... trying to budget myself to one more mod for the time being.. too many choices that I like right now.. VS / nano / therion / 'nother VT / new slice if/when / blah blah ... I like that it's DNA tho - I am so glad to have finally tried this board .. Such a good vape after all :D
If you are interested in the Therion, I noticed Ecig.com has it in all 4 colors. It's $120 but with 10% off it's $108 shipped. Seems like one of the lowest prices I've seen.
http://www.ecig.com/lost-vape-therion-dna75.html

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
form factor of the sdna75 is amazing for those that like a small mod
the vsdna40 was touted as a minimod, before minimods were a thing. the sdna75 is almost exactly the same formfactor, only about half an inch taller. however the shape of the top makes it just as comfortable to hold. this is perfect for a grab and go, take anywhere mod. an authentic dna as a beater mod is the shit!!
C9397A60-86F2-407E-A14C-0430A2C90678_zpsobv9pbfe.jpg
29B4FF4F-41AC-4A0B-A9AC-498E6F25244B_zpswqjczckz.jpg
A9C2199E-F088-46A8-A8A0-2A012572F294_zpso7namsjw.jpg
3079487C-0956-4EA4-8219-688B81324F92_zpsoy6scrnj.jpg

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
form factor of the sdna75 is amazing for those that like a small mod
the vsdna40 was touted as a minimod, before minimods were a thing. the sdna75 is almost exactly the same formfactor, only about half an inch taller. however the shape of the top makes it just as comfortable to hold. this is perfect for a grab and go, take anywhere mod. an authentic dna as a beater mod is the shit!!
C9397A60-86F2-407E-A14C-0430A2C90678_zpsobv9pbfe.jpg
29B4FF4F-41AC-4A0B-A9AC-498E6F25244B_zpswqjczckz.jpg
A9C2199E-F088-46A8-A8A0-2A012572F294_zpso7namsjw.jpg
3079487C-0956-4EA4-8219-688B81324F92_zpsoy6scrnj.jpg
Thanks for sharing this comparison it's easy to make decision now, Love my RDNA 40 and was thinking about this, what about weight? Thanks

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for sharing this comparison it's easy to make decision now, Love my RDNA 40 and was thinking about this, what about weight? Thanks

They feel Very similar in the hand
Both have the rubberized coating
Both are made of potmetal so the weight is VERY similar.
The only real difference is the smy is taller, and the coating doesn't feel quite as refined as the sharks.
The adjustment buttons on the smy feel a bit "cheaper" but the fire buttons have a very similar feel.
Overall - for 54$ it was very nice to have that familiar feeling only with twice the power and escribe.
I can't find a single complaint - coming from a total vaporshark fanboy.
It's almost like they went out to copy something that vs would do

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They feel Very similar in the hand
Both have the rubberized coating
Both are made of potmetal so the weight is VERY similar.
The only real difference is the smy is taller, and the coating doesn't feel quite as refined as the sharks.
The adjustment buttons on the smy feel a bit "cheaper" but the fire buttons have a very similar feel.
Overall - for 54$ it was very nice to have that familiar feeling only with twice the power and escribe.
I can't find a single complaint - coming from a total vaporshark fanboy.
It's almost like they went out to copy something that vs would do

I hate vaporshark paint job as after few weeks of used it pealed and look like shit wasn't happy so painted my self and was using till got my VT133 AND STOUT. Chrome color is beautiful but ecig is out buy black seems fine too. Thanks for the reply,

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hate vaporshark paint job as after few weeks of used it pealed and look like shit wasn't happy so painted my self and was using till got my VT133 AND STOUT. Chrome color is beautiful but ecig is out buy black seems fine too. Thanks for the reply,

they did fix the paint shit- finally!
I had 4 rdnas and 2 dnas.... one of the rdna's is a beta and doesn't have the rubber coating. In fact I sold the other 3 and kept that one since it was a beta of one of the first tc mods made.
my dnas both got a cerekoat finish by Darren at OCD. I also have 2, vs200s. My girlfriend is using my first one, which is one of the first run mods and the finish still looks brand new. - it doesn't even have atty rash by the 510. The other is the batman cerekoat finish.
quite honestly, after having dealt with that nightmare of the magic disappearing rdna40 finish, they finally got it right.
--now that I said it, I fucked us all

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey folks this is probably a goofy question but I just got the SMY Sdna75, will I have to download different software or can I just use Steves profiles that I'm using on my VT133? Jesus that was a long question lol. Thanks
I used Steve's profiles for my SDNA75 just make sure none are over 75 watts.
I saved them in a separate profiles folder then loaded them to the SDNA 75 one at a time. Working fine for me.
The latest Escribe lets you choose DNA 200 or DNA 75 the older version is only for the DNA 200

VU Sponsors