Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just received an update from Joe at Volcano and it's great news as far as I'm concerned::vino:

"Hey there Steve! We have some great news for you. We will be offering the LAVABOX M DNA 75 in our Blood Red finish. :) It will be available in the coming week. Sorry for the confusion from the reply you received from our customer support. Glad you like our blood red device color.":D

Here's a picture of my Black and Blood Red DNA200 Lavaboxes
View attachment 58289

Steve is VT133 Red cover same color as Blood Red? what do you think how will it be Blood Red on VT133 cover?

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think 3 or 4 Coats, but I haven't applied clear coat yet as honestly didn't have one but I got inspired by @SteelDriver he is expert and I want to thank him to sharing with us his great work. Thanks @SteelDriver

http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt133-dual-18650-dna200.171476/page-62#post-1293241

Love the name of the color - golden sunset. Gonna remember that! Maybe get an extra sled and try that. Oh wait. I have a silver framed mod... won't look as nice as against black!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve is VT133 Red cover same color as Blood Red? what do you think how will it be Blood Red on VT133 cover?
The VT133 Red is more towards the orangish side IMO .. That Blood Red is a very nice color.. Thinking that would look good on the 133 .. :)
It's not the same color. The VT133 is like Foggz said. It's Reddish Orange. In some light it looks Red and some it's on the orange side.

The Blood Red on the Lavabox is really nice. It has a texture to it because of the way it was done. My pictures don't do it justice.

Here's a description of it:
The LAVABOX DNA 200 Blood Red Edition has been masterfully crafted from superior-grade 6061-billet aluminum alloy for a device that is corrosion-resistant, durable and yet remains lightweight. This makes for an outstandingly strong box mod that will provide its user a long-lasting and reliable device for many years to come.

What makes the LAVABOX DNA 200 Blood Red Edition special is its unique crimson red look. All LAVABOX DNA 200 devices are treated with a black anodization process to increase its resistance to daily wear and tear. But what makes the Blood Red LAVABOX special is in its final look. The Blood Red LAVABOX has been specially treated with a high-grade oxidized red pigment to create its exclusive deep red finish. Not only does this treatment make for a truly aesthetically pleasing device, the special coating adds an increased textural feel for an anti-slip finish.

- See more at: http://www.volcanoecigs.com/lavabox-dna-200-blood-red-edition.html#sthash.Z7fcQN0C.dpuf

Cheers,
Steve

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's not the same color. The VT133 is like Foggz said. It's Reddish Orange. In some light it looks Red and some it's on the orange side.

The Blood Red on the Lavabox is really nice. It has a texture to it because of the way it was done. My pictures don't do it justice.

Here's a description of it:
The LAVABOX DNA 200 Blood Red Edition has been masterfully crafted from superior-grade 6061-billet aluminum alloy for a device that is corrosion-resistant, durable and yet remains lightweight. This makes for an outstandingly strong box mod that will provide its user a long-lasting and reliable device for many years to come.

What makes the LAVABOX DNA 200 Blood Red Edition special is its unique crimson red look. All LAVABOX DNA 200 devices are treated with a black anodization process to increase its resistance to daily wear and tear. But what makes the Blood Red LAVABOX special is in its final look. The Blood Red LAVABOX has been specially treated with a high-grade oxidized red pigment to create its exclusive deep red finish. Not only does this treatment make for a truly aesthetically pleasing device, the special coating adds an increased textural feel for an anti-slip finish.

- See more at: http://www.volcanoecigs.com/lavabox-dna-200-blood-red-edition.html#sthash.Z7fcQN0C.dpuf

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks Steve as always YOU ARE THE MAN :slowclap:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gearbest: Original HCigar VT75 TC Box Mod - TIFFANY BLUE
Promo ends in: 1 day 05:14:02 Flash Sale Price $67.04
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_415024.html?wid=1

1469151902343966971.jpg

This looks tempting...

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK now that I've had a little while with the supreme lite I can give you guys my thoughts. It's a supreme threw and threw. Same great vape. Works exactly like it's big brother. Love the 23mm size, fits my smaller mods. Build deck is alot smaller than the 7ml supreme. You can't fit big coils unless you go vertical. If you don't mind building smaller coils it's a winner. I love it.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The price already went back up to $99. I don't understand what happened.
It's called preying on the desperate and uncertain. Common tactic in all things these days. Those itching to buy "something" in this uncertain time before the 8th might actually bite. I'm sure all of us here are like "I have a 133 with a DNA 200 chip that I paid less for"... This is going to be a turbulent ride if this is any indication.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, I absolutely love the Tornado. It's the only RTA that I have a pair of. This one loaded with a Quad coil using the T6 deck (dual clapton/ dual twisted SS 430 28G) .1 ohm. Nice thick flavorful vape at 75W.

Cloudy pic, you know why!
7bfcdd60d06fb742ff0ce8f7a5fceaf5.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's called preying on the desperate and uncertain. Common tactic in all things these days. Those itching to buy "something" in this uncertain time before the 8th might actually bite. I'm sure all of us here are like "I have a 133 with a DNA 200 chip that I paid less for"... This is going to be a turbulent ride if this is any indication.

I didn't buy it. I just had the tab opened and noticed it jumped back up. If I'm going to buy any DNA75 it will be when the Blood Red DNA75 Lavabox comes out. :cool:

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, I absolutely love the Tornado. It's the only RTA that I have a pair of. This one loaded with a Quad coil using the T6 deck (dual clapton/ dual twisted SS 430 28G) .1 ohm. Nice thick flavorful vape at 75W.

Cloudy pic, you know why!
7bfcdd60d06fb742ff0ce8f7a5fceaf5.jpg

Almost forgot about my red cover
3323d48968a65a56bdf31ca9b999cb2f.jpg

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't buy it. I just had the tab opened and noticed it jumped back up. If I'm going to buy any DNA75 it will be when the Blood Red DNA75 Lavabox comes out. :cool:

You know, I'd get one if I could get past the LiPo. I can't quite believe the endurance claimed.
Looks great though.

"The LAVABOX DNA 200 Blood Red Edition is powered by a 900mAh 3-cell lithium polymer battery that can give any vaper a long day of vaping without the need of constant charging or battery swaps"

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, I'd get one if I could get past the LiPo. I can't quite believe the endurance claimed.
Looks great though.

"The LAVABOX DNA 200 Blood Red Edition is powered by a 900mAh 3-cell lithium polymer battery that can give any vaper a long day of vaping without the need of constant charging or battery swaps"
No way do I get a full day with the 3s 900mah Lipo. I do however have the 3s 1300mah Lipo extension pack. I ordered one or each of mine. I still haven't installed them yet. I like that they are compact, but Volcano was running a sale at the time and I had some credit. I ended up paying ~$25 a piece. Considering a quality 1300mah 3s Lipo goes for about that much I just couldn't pass it up. The kit comes with an extended back plate, bigger rubber grip, screws, and the 1300mah Lipo. That gives you just less than 50% extended run-time.

If I didn't have a couple of VT133's I would have already installed the packs. I figure I'll keep them for compact mods atm and have the packs for spare Lipos and extended life if needed (Win, Win).

PS The Black kit comes with a Black extended plate. The Blood Red comes with a Blood Red one.
1300mahbattextender808x808-1_1_1.jpg
1300mahbattextender808x808-2_1_2.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So question about the DNA curves, do they work with dual materials? Like If i went to the wire builder on steam engine and built a caption with an inside of 316L SS and a wrapping of Ni200, would it still be able to be accurate?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So question about the DNA curves, do they work with dual materials? Like If i went to the wire builder on steam engine and built a caption with an inside of 316L SS and a wrapping of Ni200, would it still be able to be accurate?
I'm not sure what you are asking. There is no such thing as DNA curves. The DNA chip allows you to input curves. You would have to either download a curve or find a TCR that is accurate for the combination you want to use.

You couldn't just use one for Ni200 or 316L thought. In the wire wizard section of SE it lets you set up a multi wire clapton and gives you the TCR or allows you to download a curve. How accurate it would be would depend on how accurate SE curve is and how accurate you enter the info.
upload_2016-8-5_17-4-54.png

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@MercuryVaper I received mt two Supremes today that I ordered from Element Vape on Tuesday evening :vapemail:. I selected the First Class Free Shipping option. They shipped on Wednesday and I received them on Friday. I can't believe it went from California to Michigan in 2 days via First Class mail. My hats off to EV for shipping it out quickly and kudos to the USPS for that shipping magic. I've had Priority packages take longer than that to get here from Cali. Thanks for the heads up MV! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm not sure what you are asking. There is no such thing as DNA curves. The DNA chip allows you to input curves. You would have to either download a curve or find a TCR that is accurate for the combination you want to use.

You couldn't just use one for Ni200 or 316L thought. In the wire wizard section of SE it lets you set up a multi wire clapton and gives you the TCR or allows you to download a curve. How accurate it would be would depend on how accurate SE curve is and how accurate you enter the info.
View attachment 58352
I get that part, I guess my basic question is that is it accurate with coils made from multiple materials.
I made/downaloded/installed a curve for my current set up which is parallel clapton 2 26guage inside wrapped in 32 guage but it's all SS316L and it works great. I was wondering If i made mixed material one's myself if it would still be accurate. It might be a good way to use some of this Ni200 wire I have

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get that part, I guess my basic question is that is it accurate with coils made from multiple materials.
I made/downaloded/installed a curve for my current set up which is parallel clapton 2 26guage inside wrapped in 32 guage but it's all SS316L and it works great. I was wondering If i made mixed material one's myself if it would still be accurate. It might be a good way to use some of this Ni200 wire I have
Give it a try and tell us what you think. I have no idea how your specific combo would work because I haven't tried it. The one thing I would caution is don't dry burn Ni200. I probably wouldn't use Ni200 as the outside winding. I would use something like Kanthal, Nichrome, or another grade of SS if I didn't have SS316 in the right size or just wanted to try something different.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. I'm just not a big fan of Ni200 because you can't dry burn it and it's very malleable. I consider it a one and done coil.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Give it a try and tell us what you think. I have no idea how your specific combo would work because I haven't tried it. The one thing I would caution is don't dry burn Ni200. I probably wouldn't use Ni200 as the outside winding. I would use something like Kanthal, Nichrome, or another grade of SS if I didn't have SS316 in the right size or just wanted to try something different.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. I'm just not a big fan of Ni200 because you can't dry burn it and it's very malleable. I consider it a one and done coil.

Yeah I hate ni200 wire. it's a wate of money, just trying to see if i can make a practical use. I have a bunch of kenthal still and a bunch of SS316L and some Nife 48, and SS430 on the way.

I was thinking of trying a fused clapton with a 26g kenthal core wrapped in 28g SS316l

I don't know, guess I'll play around with it and report back after lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*Well it looks like Evolv has released an Early Firmware*. I haven't tried it yet. I'm getting ready too. I was just reading where someone said it smoothed out SS TC. Like I said, I haven't tried it yet. Here's the copy and paste from their site:

[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-05 EScribe 1.2 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/escribe/archive/SetupES250_2016-08-05.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 75, 200, and 250.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If someone wants to try the new firmware. Make sure you don't have Escribe running. Download the standalone installer from the link above. Then click on it to instal the new version of Escribe. Launch it and hook up your mod.

To update the firmware click on the Blue text "Click here to apply to your device"

I'm just installing it on one of my VT133's now. I'll let you know how it goes.

upload_2016-8-5_18-4-23.png

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If someone wants to try the new firmware. Make sure you don't have Escribe running. Download the standalone installer from the link above. Then click on it to instal the new version of Escribe. Launch it and hook up your mod.

To update the firmware click on the Blue text "Click here to apply to your device"

I'm just installing it on one of my VT133's now. I'll let you know how it goes.

View attachment 58354

I'll let you be the test dummy then and install after you say it's ok lol

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Looking forward to testing this out! I work in Software, always happy to see refinements. I love that this version appears to have modernized eScribe a bit.

I will report my findings if someone else does not beat me to it!

WoooHoo happy Friday!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I installed the new Escribe and Firmware. Now I have to make a SS316L or 317L coil and see what the graph looks like. So far, so good

Cheers,
Steve

Edit After applying the firmware update your Battery Bar will show empty until you either reboot the mod or let it sit idle for a few minutes. Nothing to be alarmed about.

I guess you could always pull the batteries out and reinstall them. I just soft rebooted the mod in Escribe

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will the old version be retained after the new install?
It doesn't look like it. I believe the new version of Escribe is written over the old one. It doesn't automatically update the firmware though, you still need to select that.

If you wanted the old version of Escribe back you just uninstall the new version and reinstall the old one. I don't see anything wrong with the new version of Escribe though. You need a new version if you want to run a DNA75, 60, or 250 anyway.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been waiting to post in this thread for a while!

My vt133 is on its way from eciggity..
:bliss:

Now, the waiting game begins. I was waiting for it to come back in stock at ecig, which since I have purchased it elsewhere will surely happen in the next day or two, but with the 20% off "pre-regulation sale" at eciggity, the price became comparable. No idea what color Im getting though, had pics of silver/black but no selection. Guess it will be a surprise of sorts.

We will see if my narDA(clone) will accept its new mate. :popcorn:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
when you update the new firmware, your battery meter will show zero percent.. disconnect or remove the battery and reconnect or put it back in and all will be good in the milkyway

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the new VS 133 is in stock . Rush job or the the quality we all expect ? Really want to pull trigger . Everyone's thoughts on QC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well I'm not sure how much of a rush job since I don't have one. But I am sure that VS takes care of their customers so if something was wrong they would make it right. I'm pretty sure @f1r3b1rd would concur.

Cheers,
Steve
I have been waiting to post in this thread for a while!

My vt133 is on its way from eciggity..
:bliss:

Now, the waiting game begins. I was waiting for it to come back in stock at ecig, which since I have purchased it elsewhere will surely happen in the next day or two, but with the 20% off "pre-regulation sale" at eciggity, the price became comparable. No idea what color Im getting though, had pics of silver/black but no selection. Guess it will be a surprise of sorts.

We will see if my narDA(clone) will accept its new mate. :popcorn:
Congrats my friend. If you have any questions when you get it feel free to ask. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people here.

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@MercuryVaper I received mt two Supremes today that I ordered from Element Vape on Tuesday evening :vapemail:. I selected the First Class Free Shipping option. They shipped on Wednesday and I received them on Friday. I can't believe it went from California to Michigan in 2 days via First Class mail. My hats off to EV for shipping it out quickly and kudos to the USPS for that shipping magic. I've had Priority packages take longer than that to get here from Cali. Thanks for the heads up MV! :cheers:
Thanks too @MercuryVaper. I too ordered my two on Tuesday and I got mine today too. :cheers:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well the new VS 133 is in stock . Rush job or the the quality we all expect ? Really want to pull trigger . Everyone's thoughts on QC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have 2 vs200s, 2 vaporflask 133s, 2 VSDNA40S, 4 VSDNARDNA40S

the quality of the finish used to be pretty bad back with the early release of the rdna40s, but after the third run of those they fixed the issues and have continued to improve on it ..

NOW, with the 200s and the 133s, the finish is top notch and really takes a punishment. not to mention should there be an issue the customer service there is great and they will replace a mod within warranty, even out of warranty they will replace a case for cheapy cheapy.

- keep in mind, I'm a vs fanboy and am ordering one of the vs133s just because.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
awesome hadn't run a device mngr yet but it is noticibly smoother...
good thing, since I have so much 316 fancy wire

rebuilt the Cloudmaker 2o0 today and got it ready for a 1300mah battery upgrade. this way i'll be adding it to the regular rotation.
also makes that big ass box worth a shit.

VU Sponsors