Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't laugh bro, you know it does tc too. So just stop it right now! Don't even get me started on the Primus. Not only is it the greatest mod ever but on the nights I have pasta I use it to grate my cheese. Lmfao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
It also doubles as a 70's transistor radio

roflmfao.jpg

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't feel bad about getting excited over a mistake about a sale Steve.

I thought your post was for Ecig... should have seen my cart. :eek:

And my face when that code kept getting denied. :(

:p

I will say... it finally got me to toss a Luc Blu in the cart. That would have been nice.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't feel bad about getting excited over a mistake about a sale Steve.

I thought your post was for Ecig... should have seen my cart. :eek:

And my face when that code kept getting denied. :(

:p

I will say... it finally got me to toss a Luc Blu in the cart. That would have been nice.
I wasn't excited. It was an inside joke. I bought 2 more 7ml Supremes yesterday from Element Vape. BoostAddict was trying to point out I could have saved money. We were just messing around. In the end they were less expensive at EV even with the code at Eciggity. :D

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't excited.

Well I was. :D

New batts, new charger, hell I even threw in another SMY even though I already have a Black still in the box. :rolleyes:

Just had a peek at Eciggity. Nothing really jumped out.
They do have the new Serpent Mini 25mm, though still SS only.
At least I got the question answered about how they would do single coil with a V deck... it includes a second swappable deck, like the Lil' Serpent's just embiggened. :p

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone on this thread have the Therion 75 ? I am on the fence to add it to my order .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As @Wingsfan0310 mentioned, I do in fact have the Therion and think it to be a great mod IF you plan to vape within its limitations.

I use it for low to mid power of no more than 55W. Above 60W, you are really pushing its upper limit and is not efficient. This seems to apply to all DNA75 mods. Also, in TC, my preferred temp of 500 does not see to be a match... upper limit ceiling again. I use it in wattage mode with my Tornado and soon Mage (arriving end of week). It makes for a powerfully compact mod :) I only need 50W for 24G SS build that I have loaded in the Tornado. Tons of flavor/Vapor.. it's my favorite tank atm... that's another story though.

Now, with all that in mind, if you are considering a DNA 75 mod, I can't think of a better one. The form factor is great. Its a bit smaller than the VT 133 and is quite comfy to handle. I am now using it for travel bc of its form factor! Beyond that, its a sexy device IMO.

What specific questions did ya have? I would be happy to help

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As @Wingsfan0310 mentioned, I do in fact have the Therion and think it to be a great mod IF you plan to vape within its limitations.

I use it for low to mid power of no more than 55W. Above 60W, you are really pushing its upper limit and is not efficient. This seems to apply to all DNA75 mods. Also, in TC, my preferred temp of 500 does not see to be a match... upper limit ceiling again. I use it in wattage mode with my Tornado and soon Mage (arriving end of week). It makes for a powerfully compact mod :) I only need 50W for 24G SS build that I have loaded in the Tornado. Tons of flavor/Vapor.. it's my favorite tank atm... that's another story though.

Now, with all that in mind, if you are considering a DNA 75 mod, I can't think of a better one. The form factor is great. Its a bit smaller than the VT 133 and is quite comfy to handle. I am now using it for travel bc of its form factor! Beyond that, its a sexy device IMO.

What specific questions did ya have? I would be happy to help
What's weight compare to VT133 or smy Sdna 75? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's weight compare to VT133 or smy Sdna 75? Thanks

I'm going to be blunt and put it like this:
They are both dual 18650 mods (VT133 and Therion) so their weight and size are going to be close. IMO The only reason to get a Therion over a VT133 is looks.

The DNA200 board is the better board. It's more efficient (97% vs 85%), more flexible in terms of power (133 vs 75). I'm not saying the Therion is bad but IMO the VT133 is a better mod in terms of functionality.

There is nothing wrong with getting a different mod because it looks better or just because it's something different. It's just the way I see it.

Cheers,
Steve

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for beautiful explanation I love VT133 too, but for the travel I have face forward Stout is my buddy was thinking to get light weight. Thanks

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They are both dual 18650 mods (VT133 and Therion) so their weight and size are going to be close. IMO The only reason to get a Therion over a VT133 is looks.

The DNA200 board is the better board. It's more efficient (97% vs 85%), more flexible in terms of power (133 vs 75). I'm not saying the Therion is bad but IMO the VT133 is a better mod in terms of functionality.

There is nothing wrong with getting a different mod because it looks better or just because it's something different. It's just the way I see it.

Cheers,
Steve
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's lighter than the the 133, don't know about the SMY..my "guess" would be heavier than the the SMY as it is a dual battery mod vs one.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10
Thanks buddy, by the way is any body know where Steve's stash is? He has 5 VT133

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve
Yup, exactly. I have the 133...I got the Therion mainly for looks and the fact that I love my Triade. It has the same great build quality, which imo is better than the 133. Don't get me wrong, I love my 133 but in terms of looks/build- Therion. As Steve mentioned however, the DNA 200 is the far superior chip. It's about what you are looking for/ need really. I never by 2 of a kind, if this helps to see why I personally chose to get the lesser DNA 75 chip for this mod choice.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, exactly. I have the 133...I got the Therion mainly for looks and the fact that I love my Triade. It has the same great build quality, which imo is better than the 133. Don't get me wrong, I love my 133 but in terms of looks/build- Therion. As Steve mentioned however, the DNA 200 is the far superior chip. It's about what you are looking for/ need really. I never by 2 of a kind, if this helps to see why I personally chose to get the lesser DNA 75 chip for this mod choice.

I was hoping you wouldn't take offense to the way I put it. It may have come across harsh. I like the Therion, I think it looks great and Lost Vape makes a quality mod. If it had a DNA200 chip in it, I would already have one. No offense meant my friend! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was hoping you wouldn't take offense to the way I put it. It may have come across harsh. I like the Therion, I think it looks great and Lost Vape makes a quality mod. If it had a DNA200 chip in it, I would already have one. No offense meant my friend! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks Steve none taken my friend. I feel exactly the same, except I don't buy multiple of the same mod. So, seeing that the 133 is such a solid mod...there are very few options for guys like me :). It soon becomes a matter of aesthetics....hands down, the Therion would quite honestly be my favorite DNA if it had a DNA 200 ( you and I know my plans to remedy that tho) :)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Steve the Lavabox DNA 75 is for sale now on their site $99 and no red at this time.
Thanks for the heads up. I've already sent them a message asking if it's going to available in Blood Red. For that price I'd probably just get another VT133 if it's only going to be available in Black. Even with a discount code if ecig restocks, the VT133 would still be less expensive.

I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger on any DNA75 because as I said in an earlier post, I think the DNA200 is a better chip.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads up. I've already sent them a message asking if it's going to available in Blood Red. For that price I'd probably just get another VT133 if it's only going to be available in Black. Even with a discount code if ecig restocks, the VT133 would still be less expensive.

I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger on any DNA75 because as I said in an earlier post, I think the DNA200 is a better chip.

Cheers,
Steve
Well I got my answer and it wasn't what I was hoping to hear.

"Aloha,

I believe we are only going to have the LavaBox M in the black color. It is crunch time with the new FDA law that is about to drop and from my understanding we might not be able to add another color at this time. Maybe in the near future but as of right now it is not in sight.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us

Mahalo
xxxxx

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dam that sucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed, it was disappointing news. I'm going to pass for now. Personally, if they were only going to bring it out in one color, I would have went with the Blood Red. I think that's the best color they offer.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Cheers,
Steve

have a smy enroute... figured it would be a good grab and go for the kf5 when I don't need the run time of dual batt

damn flask and smy and 4 batteries and a serpent mini .... still less than a 60w radius

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I really like the SMY, however... they're 22mm wide, barely.

Several tanks already, and more on the way, that aren't going on these mods. :(
other than the hexohm and my parallel box all my mods are 22mm topper only and all my tops are 22mm so it works out well :)

flask/vaporshark/vt133/Cloudmaker are my dnas

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As big as the Cloudmaker is, will it only fit a 22mm atty?
pretty much yeah.. I found a dual 18650 sled... but that thing stays on the shelf anyway..
one of these days I'm going to put it in another box and make a bf mod out of the board

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received an update from Joe at Volcano and it's great news as far as I'm concerned::vino:

"Hey there Steve! We have some great news for you. We will be offering the LAVABOX M DNA 75 in our Blood Red finish. :) It will be available in the coming week. Sorry for the confusion from the reply you received from our customer support. Glad you like our blood red device color.":D

Here's a picture of my Black and Blood Red DNA200 Lavaboxes
BR and B.jpg

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know if the free shipping included at Hcig for the VT133 includes insurance? (Asking b/c Eciggity has free shpg too but it's standard mail with the disclaimer that if lost en route they won't replace it. Hence an extra $6+ to get the better service.) Is Hcig the same kinda deal?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if the free shipping included at Hcig for the VT133 includes insurance? (Asking b/c Eciggity has free shpg too but it's standard mail with the disclaimer that if lost en route they won't replace it. Hence an extra $6+ to get the better service.) Is Hcig the same kinda deal?
I figure you mean Ecig. It depends. Some of mine have shipped Priority (That includes $100 in insurance), some first class, and I had a FedEx (all free shipping). I must like to live dangerously because I just go with the free shipping. I've never had a problem.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This color looks awesome let me know how it holds up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not expert by any means but just workaround :) seems pretty solid but will keep you update after some time if fade or any change. Thanks

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
have a smy enroute... figured it would be a good grab and go for the kf5 when I don't need the run time of dual batt

damn flask and smy and 4 batteries and a serpent mini .... still less than a 60w radius
Cheapskate! You must pay to be privileged. Or trade and ignore those who are.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I figure you mean Ecig. It depends. Some of mine have shipped Priority (That includes $100 in insurance), some first class, and I think I had a FedEx or UPS (I'd have to look). I must like to live dangerously because I just go with the free shipping. I've never had a problem.

Cheers,
Steve

Well hell... maybe I'll start living dangerously too. (Yes, ridden motorcycles all my life but never taken a chance on my mod maybe not making it!) "Some things just aren't worth risking it!" :giggle::giggle:

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
pretty much yeah.. I found a dual 18650 sled... but that thing stays on the shelf anyway..
one of these days I'm going to put it in another box and make a bf mod out of the board
I bet they would buy it back if you left them alone. :cuss2:
That was an awesome time.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cheapskate! You must pay to be privileged. Or trade and ignore those who are.
they can kiss my furry butt... I have the Procyon, and anything that will need 10w more than that, wont go on something with that fucked up battery door

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bet they would buy it back if you left them alone. :cuss2:
That was an awesome time.
bahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they folded ... website down, chapter 7 bankruptcy.
they did however, make sure anyone that bought in, got their mod though.

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well hell... maybe I'll start living dangerously too. (Yes, ridden motorcycles all my life but never taken a chance on my mod maybe not making it!) "Some things just aren't worth risking it!" :giggle::giggle:
Motorcycles aren't dangerous.

VU Sponsors