Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turned 56 today. Yup, old...Back in 77, I was sure 30 would be about all my body would put up with. I partied pretty hard. Turned thirty and all partying stopped. Clean and sober since. Now I'm looking forward to 90+
Happy Birthday friend! Congratulations!!!

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, that's one of my all time favorite songs. I am indeed a Mercury Man. I have owned many. My all time favorite Mercury is called a Cyclone Spoiler. 1970. Google image it. You'll either love them or hate them. You can guess what I think of them. I've had a couple in my younger years along with Cougar Eliminators as well. I still have a 1970 Mercury Montego MX in the garage next to a 1970 Chevy Blazer lol.
I love 70's Blazers. I wish I could justify one as my daily driver. One of these days, I see a bio-diesel conversion or I will just settle for a 65' Buick Riviera.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well since everyone is posting pictures of their bikes, I figured I might as well too. Mine might not be the fastest but it gets the best MPG. I figure it might make a few of you guys laugh :D.

Trek 5200 (Carbon Fiber Road/Racing Bike - weighs about 15lbs) Lance rode this model in one of his TDF wins (that have since been stripped)
View attachment 58186
Love it. At my weight (250) I loves me some steel or one of these days Titanium.

For now here my 98' Specialized and my wife's Masi hanging in the garage because she's 9months pregnant and I'm not brave enough to ride in 100 degree weather!!

0346b0dd383bbbc02c5fd37c047ce81e.jpg

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love 70's Blazers. I wish I could justify one as my daily driver. One of these days, I see a bio-diesel conversion or I will just settle for a 65' Buick Riviera.

My Blazer is actually a rare two wheel drive model. Less that 1000 produced for 70. All black and shiny, and sitting on airbags...I've been dreaming of maybe doing a Tesla drive line on the Montego for the tree hugger crowd. I'd be pretty cool. I love dreams. lol

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice! I would like to know 2 things,

1. Where did you get the wrap?
2. What and where did you get the drip tip for the Limitless without using the silly adapter?

Looking good!!! Me likes...me wants

Wrap= Jwraps Tip = FT https://www.fasttech.com/p/4885800

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Blazer is actually a rare two wheel drive model. Less that 1000 produced for 70. All black and shiny, and sitting on airbags...I've been dreaming of maybe doing a Tesla drive line on the Montego for the tree hugger crowd. I'd be pretty cool. I love dreams. lol
Ha ha...I know nothing about motor bikes :). Yes...great idea for me- hybrid tree hugger (care about the environment, in love with American HP).

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome! You just saved me like 8 bucks. Was gonna pull the trigger on one of these tips on eBay!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

Are you using an O-rings on the Limitless?

No it's a press fit type. These are random colors, some can be ugly. I kinda thought that about the one I got.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No it's a press fit type. These are random colors, some can be ugly. I kinda thought that about the one I got.
Nice...I actually don't mind yours at all. It would be awesome if they randomly sent me a green or brownish one. I have some matchy matchy ideas that it would be great for.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Had an 85 k5 Blazer but now I'm a Jeep guy. Love, love my Wrangler. I'm actually on my 5th Wrangler. Can't imagine myself not having one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Had an 85 k5 Blazer but now I'm a Jeep guy. Love, love my Wrangler. I'm actually on my 5th Wrangler. Can't imagine myself not having one.

I could derail this thread talking about cars and trucks. I use to wheel the old original Broncos. I like the wranglers also. Would like to have one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I could derail this thread talking about cars and trucks. I use to wheel the old original Broncos. I like the wranglers also. Would like to have one.
This thread really has no rails. Just a bunch of kool ass peeps shooting the shit. We just all happen to love the VT133.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since we are on the subject of trucks. Here's my rig. 600hp(rwhp:p) Ford 6.7 Turbo diesel(Screen name). Used to haul toys:D

View attachment 58194
Yes, I get it now. Boost Addict. I should have known. How much torque is that monster delivering?

My wife has the 4WD Dodge Nitro...alwaus in 2WD though :). I keep my beloved Dodge Magnum going....no Hemi though :( big V6 thays not terrible by HP or carbon footprint measures. I'm a jeep and Dodge fanboy, but this Ford diesel is worth due praise.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice. That should pull a house down. I knew you had something turbo'd.:D
Yes, I get it now. Boost Addict. I should have known. How much torque is that monster delivering?

My wife has the 4WD Dodge Nitro...alwaus in 2WD though :). I keep my beloved Dodge Magnum going....no Hemi though :( big V6 thays not terrible by HP or carbon footprint measures. I'm a jeep and Dodge fanboy, but this Ford diesel is worth due praise.

Thanks! It's has 1200ft/lbs tq. Gets 20 mpg on the highway unloaded, not bad for a 8000lb truck:p I have always been a truck guy! The last car i owned was back in High School (69 SS Chevelle). That car got me in a lot of trouble:giggle:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I received my Crazywire 25 gauge ss430 yesterday, the TCR is way different than Unkamen's 430. I'm using .00305 TCR currently.
The wire was very clean and soft ,I see no problem with it except for it's "unkkown" TCR

Thanks for the info! The 25g was the only one i had trouble with. I will give it another try with the .00305 TCR setting. Thanks for the feedback!

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm starting to understand this a bit more now, it's around 50% Ni.
I've asked Lars from Steamengine for some help with this.

That's what i was thinking also, it has to have around 50% Ni with that TCR setting . TCR .00403 is the setting i use for NiFe 52. Please let us know
what Lars says! Maybe he would be nice and add it to Steamengine:D

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Member For 4 Years
That's what i was thinking also, it has to have around 50% Ni with that TCR setting . TCR .00305 is the setting i use for NiFe 52. Please let us know
what Lars says! Maybe he would be nice and add it to Steamengine:D
That's what I asked for, he responded rather quickly. We wait and see.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm aware SS is an alloy. I'm use to Unkamen SS430 that is either Ni free or 99.5% Ni free. This stuff seems like it has to have a healthy amount of Ni in it to raise the TCR as much as it has.

This reminds me a little of Unkamen's supposed NiFe 48. Until I know what it is I consider it an unknown wire.

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From CW website. I am not saying it's correct, but what they have posted:p

Chemical Composition:

Fe, <0.12% C, 16-18% Cr, <0.75% Ni, <1.0% Mn, <1.0% Si, <0.040% P, <0.030% S

dwcraig1

Member For 4 Years
I'm aware SS is an alloy. I'm use to Unkamen SS430 that is either Ni free or 99.5% Ni free. This stuff seems like it has to have a healthy amount of Ni in it to raise the TCR as much as it has.

This reminds me a little of Unkamen's supposed NiFe 48. Until I know what it is I consider it an unknown wire.

Cheers,
Steve
I received mine first, the stiffest stuff you ever seen before torching. NotNiFe52 or Invar36 ???

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cheers,
Steve

That didn't go very well for Unkamen. I received "my real NiFe 48/52" from Zivipf.de in 10 days on Monday. It was priority shipped with tracking#

IMG_5116.JPG

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another VT133 question. Noticed when vaping the battery icon drops down as expected until it reaches the halfway mark... At that point I start watching closely b/c my routine for my-nearly-4-yrs of vaping is to let the meter go just beyond halfway then recharge @ ~ 3.6v. But a weird thing happens... once the meter hits that halfway mark, instead of slowly dropping little by little further as you vape, it instantly goes to near-empty. And the time that has passed doesn't account for the drop... IOW, it's not like it sticks at the halfway mark then catches up. When I put the batts in my XTAR VP1 they read 3.7v .... right where I expect them to be for the halfway mark.

Is there a batt setting I need to config in the sftw? (FTR does this with Samsung 25Rs and the new LG HDC2s.)

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
"Ohms too high" - .5 Crown II SS 316L TC Coil. I tried this in temp control, doesn't work very well at all on the 316 profile and in power mode @ 60W I got this error after the coil got hot, seems the resistance increases as the coils heats up ?

It's really too bad these coils suck so bad, the tank itself is a brilliant bit of manufacturing and design.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another VT133 question. Noticed when vaping the battery icon drops down as expected until it reaches the halfway mark... At that point I start watching closely b/c my routine for my-nearly-4-yrs of vaping is to let the meter go just beyond halfway then recharge @ ~ 3.6v. But a weird thing happens... once the meter hits that halfway mark, instead of slowly dropping little by little further as you vape, it instantly goes to near-empty. And the time that has passed doesn't account for the drop... IOW, it's not like it sticks at the halfway mark then catches up. When I put the batts in my XTAR VP1 they read 3.7v .... right where I expect them to be for the halfway mark.

Is there a batt setting I need to config in the sftw? (FTR does this with Samsung 25Rs and the new LG HDC2s.)

Go to "Mod". Click on Watt Hour Calc. set you battery mah capacity and 7.4 for voltage. Hit ok and Upload Setting to device.
steve.png

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm starting to understand this a bit more now, it's around 50% Ni.
I've asked Lars from Steamengine for some help with this.

Wonder if that applies to all their 430.
My 27 gauge is not springy, forms well, but stays in whatever shape you put it. I wick rather full and the coil never deforms.
Running it with the 430 curve on the 133 and it vapes just fine, perhaps better than the Unkamen 430.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just imported Steve's profiles from page 7. (Great job Steve!) I want to keep most but will not need a couple of them. If I am on a profile I don't need and want to "blank it out" (until I become really familiar with the mod don't want to accidentally be on a "304SS" profile when I only own 316L wire), if I click the "Restore Defaults" button on top, is that universal for restoring defaults on the mod period, or tab/profile-dependent?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wonder if that applies to all their 430.
My 27 gauge is not springy, forms well, but stays in whatever shape you put it. I wick rather full and the coil never deforms.
Running it with the 430 curve on the 133 and it vapes just fine, perhaps better than the Unkamen 430.

I Just ordered some SS430 from crazywire. now I'm kinda on the fence after reading this stuff. I also got some NiFe52 form them as well and added a profile for a NiFe curve on my device. I removed NI200 and Ti as I don't use those wires

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok to all of you Supreme peeps is it normal to only get about 4 days on a build ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's universal. It's not easy to switch profiles by accident. Plus there isn't a huge difference between the TCR of 316, 317, and 304. You never know when you might want to try SS304. :D

PS I'm glad you are enjoying it so far.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve. It's really nice to have SS403 profiles too, as I would likely try that sooner. ;) Now you will have to bump one to get in a Nife profile. :D

VU Sponsors