Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I Just ordered some SS430 from crazywire. now I'm kinda on the fence after reading this stuff. I also got some NiFe52 form them as well and added a profile for a NiFe curve on my device. I removed NI200 and Ti as I don't use those wires

After discovering SS I won't be using my Ti or Ni201 either unless I run out of wire and am waiting for a delivery at some far-off-date. How do you like the Nife??

EDIT Should have multi-quoted, sorry.:D

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
After discovering SS I won't be using my Ti or Ni201 either unless I run out of wire and am waiting for a delivery at some far-off-date. How do you like the Nife??

EDIT Should have multi-quoted, sorry.:D

Not sure yet, I'll let you know when it comes. Should take a week to get and i'll let you know

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For coils it depends on the material they are made of, how much you vape, and to an extent the juice you vape. I get at least two weeks out of my SS430 coils. I re-wick every couple of days and dry burn them once or twice to clean them. After that I usually change them because,
1. It's easy on a supreme
2. I have enough wire (different types and gauges of wire) to open an Electrical Supply Store.
3. I get bored

Now if you are using Ni200, it's one and done. It's too malleable to take wick changes without deforming and I wouldn't suggest dry burning it to clean.

Note - I find that once I dry burn a coil it tends to gunk up a little faster. After a couple of dry burns it seems like the performance goes down. YMMV.

Cheers,
Steve

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I noticed my coils gunked up pretty quick with the SS430 wire Steve, taste is awesome but I was afraid to dry burn them.
Do you lower your wattage on your current SS profile to do so?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found this interesting...
we have all done TC with evolve, most of us in this thread also have done it with yihi products... and some of u beyond that

provape is now taking there whack at it

http://www.provape.com/v/images/ccmanual.pdf

oh- and the dna 250 was just announced(don't hate me but I'm happy without it)
Posted by Nick from Evolv:

Evolv is once again proud to announce our new DNA 250 board. The boards are available now in extremely limited quantities. Because of component lead times customers will be limited to 1 board per device that they plan to release plus one board as a spare. We expect this to improve as component lead times improve.

The DNA 250 is the same size as the DNA 200, utilizing the same mounting and layout for the buttons, screen, and USB with the addition of a few exciting features.

-250 Watts max

-55 Amp current output limit

-2 Amp charging via Micro USB

-Onboard reverse voltage protection

-Higher current fuse

-Smoother control system for Stainless Steel wire with Temperature Protection
(This is a firmware update and is also available for the 200, giving it a similar control structure to the DNA 75)

Spec sheets and models will be available some time next week.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I noticed my coils gunked up pretty quick with the SS430 wire Steve, taste is awesome but I was afraid to dry burn them.
Do you lower your wattage on your current SS profile to do so?
I use my Power Mode profile to dry burn them. I only normally use 10 watts and never more than 15. I just pulse gently pulse them until I see the slightest bit of color (dark red). I don't crank it up that you might dry burning Kanthal.

The way I see it, no matter what the material is: I only use the minimum amount of power needed to get the job done. No need to stress the metal. After I'm done I rinse the coils in cool water.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
[...] I get at least two weeks out of my SS430 coils. I re-wick every couple of days and dry burn them once or twice to clean them. [...] Note - I find that once I dry burn a coil it tends to gunk up a little faster. After a couple of dry burns it seems like the performance goes down. YMMV.

That's interesting. What I find with SS316L is that if I don't dry burn I get a quality to the vape (once the coil has been used awhile) that might be akin to extra nic... sort of a harshness... after I dry-burn it goes away. But over time it builds until I want to make a new coil, then that harshness is completely gone again until the coil get some use. But haven't noticed if dry-burning reduces coil performance (and yes, not using SS430 if that's relevant).

Juice is pure VG with only about 2.5% TFA Caramel (no custard ingred in it), and maybe 10 drops distilled water per 120ml. So the "gunk" on the coil is minimal... can't really see it (maybe need +2.25 cheaters :giggle: ) ... except the wire looks darker until after pulse-burned, then turns grayer again. So it DOES burn off residue.

I am wondering if those who use their coils for a month (or longer than a couple weeks) vape with significant nic? Because nic would certainly mask the effect I am referring to. I switch back and forth between no nice and very low nic. So I happen to be able to easily pick it out.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found this interesting...
we have all done TC with evolve, most of us in this thread also have done it with yihi products... and some of u beyond that

provape is now taking there whack at it

http://www.provape.com/v/images/ccmanual.pdf

oh- and the dna 250 was just announced(don't hate me but I'm happy without it)
Posted by Nick from Evolv:

Evolv is once again proud to announce our new DNA 250 board. The boards are available now in extremely limited quantities. Because of component lead times customers will be limited to 1 board per device that they plan to release plus one board as a spare. We expect this to improve as component lead times improve.

The DNA 250 is the same size as the DNA 200, utilizing the same mounting and layout for the buttons, screen, and USB with the addition of a few exciting features.

-250 Watts max

-55 Amp current output limit

-2 Amp charging via Micro USB

-Onboard reverse voltage protection

-Higher current fuse

-Smoother control system for Stainless Steel wire with Temperature Protection
(This is a firmware update and is also available for the 200, giving it a similar control structure to the DNA 75)

Spec sheets and models will be available some time next week.
I've been hearing that was coming since they announced the DNA60. I wonder if you are going to be required to use 3 or 4 cells to achieve 250 watts. Evolv has always been conservative on how hard they push the batteries. A fact I appreciate and wish other companies would emulate!

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evolv is once again proud to announce our new DNA 250 board. [...] -Smoother control system for Stainless Steel wire with Temperature Protection (This is a firmware update and is also available for the 200, giving it a similar control structure to the DNA 75) [...]

Oh goody, a firmware upgrade and also maybe DNA200 mods will drop in price even more now. :D (I know... with FDA regs looming it's more likely everything goes sky high... ) But I can hope. :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh goody, a firmware upgrade and also maybe DNA200 mods will drop in price even more now. :D (I know... with FDA regs looming it's more likely everything goes sky high... ) But I can hope. :D
The way I read it is there is going to be a firmware update for the DNA200 board that will make TC in SS (316, 317, 304) smoother. Like the graphs I get with SS430. My understanding is the DNA75 already has that with the lower TCR SS's.

I don't believe they are coming out with new firmware that will make the DNA200 a DNA250. The other thing I took from the release is all DNA250 boards will support 2 amp charging.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I just checked and the update is not out yet but should be soon (by 8-8). I'll post it here as soon as I see it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The way I read it is there is going to be a firmware up date for the DNA200 board that will TC in SS (316, 317, 304) smoother. Like the graphs I get with SS430. My understanding is the DNA75 already has that with the lower TCR SS's.

I don't believe they are coming out with new firmware that will make the DNA200 a DNA250. The other thing I took from the release is all DNA250 boards will support 2 amp charging.

Cheers,
Steve
ive heard the same on the update to essentially smooth out SS

the 250 will require 4 cells... at tat point youre looking at a hammer of god type mod or necessitating a 4s lipo.
my drone uses a 4s with a total of 5400mah, that would make a nice mod.... if you had bear size hands.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive heard the same on the update to essentially smooth out SS

the 250 will require 4 cells... at tat point youre looking at a hammer of god type mod or necessitating a 4s lipo.
my drone uses a 4s with a total of 5400mah, that would make a nice mod.... if you had bear size hands.
I figured it would require 4 cells. My hats off to Evolv for being consistent and not doing what so many companies do. A lot of you have probably read some of my rants an 2 cell mods claiming 200 watts and more from two cells. It irritates me to no end. I usually just try to bite my tongue, but every once in awhile....

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The way I read it is there is going to be a firmware update for the DNA200 board that will make TC in SS (316, 317, 304) smoother. Like the graphs I get with SS430. My understanding is the DNA75 already has that with the lower TCR SS's.

That's exactly how I read it. Was just happy to get a firmware upgrade to improve SS. Glad it's coming out prior to 8/8 since upgrades may become 'illegal' after that for mods that are not approved... which none will be.

I am really counting on that lawsuit succeeding to undo this FDA BS!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's exactly how I read it. Was just happy to get a firmware upgrade to improve SS. Glad it's coming out prior to 8/8 since upgrades may become 'illegal' after that for mods that are not approved... which none will be.

I am really counting on that lawsuit succeeding to undo this FDA BS!
If they make firmware updates illegal, then where does the line stop?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I figured it would require 4 cells. My hats off to Evolv for being consistent and not doing what so many companies do. A lot of you have probably read some of my rants an 2 cell mods claiming 200 watts and more from two cells. It irritates me to no end. I usually just try to bite my tongue, but every once in awhile....

Cheers,
Steve
well, all due respect it is possible; but, it is entirely impractical

dwcraig1

Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure if you guys got it or not but the DNA250 will be 3 cells....who knows maybe it can even have 2 (like the 133)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Cheers,
Steve
Steve you know that's bullshit. In fact you know for a fact that the Sig 213 does 213 watts on 2 batteries. Also, don't forget the 3 battery 300 watt Primus which is the best mod ever made. Don't make me tell you again. Jesus, if these companies can do it why can't Evolv? Lmfao.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm not sure if you guys got it or not but the DNA250 will be 3 cells....who knows maybe it can even have 2 (like the 133)
really???????? that is SHOCKING!!!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve you know that's bullshit. In fact you know for a fact that the Sig 213 does 213 watts on 2 batteries. Also, don't forget the 3 battery 300 watt Primus which is the best mod ever made. Don't make me tell you again. Jesus, if these companies can do it why can't Evolv? Lmfao.

I almost spit my drink out when I read that. Way too funny dude. :D:giggle::giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That surprises me that Evolv would try and squeeze more that 80 watts out of a cell (ok with a Lipo, but really pushing it with an 18650). Battery life would be terrible on top of it.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If they make firmware updates illegal, then where does the line stop?

I read somewhere in the articles written about the FDA crapola that changing anything about a product, including providing a firmware update to fix a bug or improve a feature, essentially makes it "a new product" according to the FDA ... and no new products are allowed after 8/8 without being pre-approved thru the PTMA process. This also goes for products that ARE approved (eventually)... at this juncture anyway, according to how the approval process works, (or looks like it works per the regulation codes and PTMA process)... if the manuf changes ANYTHING about an approved product -- including firmware updates or bug fixes that cause the product to behave differently -- it has essentially created a NEW product that must go thru the whole PTMA process again... over 5,000 hrs of time and $1m or more in money. Which means #1 The impetus to fix bugs, even safety bugs, is squashed and #2 No manuf will be able to afford to release firmware upgrades... Not only would both these things be too costly, but it would take SO LONG for the PTMA approval process (if it even gets approved) that by THAT time it would be moot to fix a bug or release firmware.

Now because that's all ridiculous we can HOPE that even if the worst comes to pass and the FDA regs are not nullified by the current lawsuit, they would be forced to amend the regs in some way to allow bug fixes at the least. But that's apparently not how the regs read now, according to several articles I read, anyway.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I read somewhere in the articles written about the FDA crapola that changing anything about a product, including providing a firmware update to fix a bug or improve a feature, essentially makes it "a new product" according to the FDA ... and no new products are allowed after 8/8 without being pre-approved thru the PTMA process. This also goes for products that ARE approved (eventually)... at this juncture anyway, according to how the approval process works, (or looks like it works per the regulation codes and PTMA process)... if the manuf changes ANYTHING about an approved product -- including firmware updates or bug fixes that cause the product to behave differently -- it has essentially created a NEW product that must go thru the whole PTMA process again... over 5,000 hrs of time and $1m or more in money. Which means #1 The impetus to fix bugs, even safety bugs, is squashed and #2 No manuf will be able to afford to release firmware upgrades... Not only would both these things be too costly, but it would take SO LONG for the PTMA approval process (if it even gets approved) that by THAT time it would be moot to fix a bug or release firmware.

Now because that's all ridiculous we can HOPE that even if the worst comes to pass and the FDA regs are not nullified by the current lawsuit, they would be forced to amend the regs in some way to allow bug fixes at the least. But that's apparently not how the regs read now, according to several articles I read, anyway.

this FDA nonsense is such garbage. it's not protecting anyone. just make all ecig related stuff come with a warning on it and be done with it.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured this would be coming. Get ready people, this is going to be crazy in the next 5 days!

13898635_1388786077800033_781826824_o.png

Edit: This is for Eciggity

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I figured this would be coming. Get ready people, this is going to be crazy in the next 5 days!

13898635_1388786077800033_781826824_o.png

Edit: This is for Eciggity

Damn! Just bought my VT133 from them last week! (Got 10% off..) A day late and 10% short. :D

EDIT: That brings the VT133 to $87.99 and they do ship free but not with insurance, so another $6.95 to be safe...

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn! Just bought my VT133 from them last week! (Got 10% off..) A day late and 10% short. :D
At least you already have it and are using it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the two Supremes I just bought to go on sale cheaper. I'm not going to sweat a few bucks. I am going to hold off now though to see how low it will go before pulling the trigger on anything else.

I'm basically looking for 2 things - Nic and a Silver framed VT133 (I have 5 in black). The Nic I want is NN so while I'm hoping for a sale I'm not really expecting it.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am going to hold off now though to see how low it will go before pulling the trigger on anything else.[...] I'm basically looking for 2 things - Nic and a Silver framed VT133 (I have 5 in black). The Nic I want is NN so while I'm hoping for a sale I'm not really expecting it.

I thought you just bought a liter of nic from NN when I got my 500ml from them??? And yeah, I don't expect a sale from them either.

The VT133 I just got from Eciggity is the silver frame with black buttons and black cover, like the one pictured. I want one more before the 8th and was just going to ask you if you think the ones at Hcig will be back in stock at $88 - the coupon (that I can't remember) that was active before to bring it to $79.... I chatted with Hcig about 10 days ago and asked if the sale price ($88) will still apply when they get stock back in and the rep said, "probably." Eciggity is cheaper slightly now, unless that coupon for Hcig is still good. Anyone remember what that coupon was??

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the Lite not the 7ml full sized in Black. I really do think you are trying to drive me crazy. Trying to get even for my ships in 7 days comment yesterday lmao
SmileyROFLMAO.gif

Cheers,
Steve

Well damn. You are correct as always! Glad i didn't buy them! I really need to use my glasses while looking at this crap. That's not a sale!!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought you just bought a liter of nic from NN when I got my 500ml from them??? And yeah, I don't expect a sale from them either.

The VT133 I just got from Eciggity is the silver frame with black buttons and black cover, like the one pictured. I want one more before the 8th and was just going to ask you if you think the ones at Hcig will be back in stock at $88 - the coupon (that I can't remember) that was active before to bring it to $79.... I chatted with Hcig about 10 days ago and asked if the sale price ($88) will still apply when they get stock back in and the rep said, "probably." Eciggity is cheaper slightly now, unless that coupon for Hcig is still good. Anyone remember what that coupon was??
I'm hoping Ecig will get it back in stock but I don't have an inside info to that atm.

Another option would be if Vape NW runs a 20% sale. The Silver is ~$100 there so it would be ~$80 if that comes to pass. This is all just conjecture on my part. It's what I'm looking at personally though (I'm in a different boat since I'm looking for a Silver frame - the Black on Black is $10 more at VapeNW).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I've been wanting to buy another Liter but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I bought one before the Summer. I would feel more comfortable getting 1 more though.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know the other thing is, these products will still be available for another two years... and will likely be BLOWN OUT FOR NOTHING when it nears the end of that deadline and the products have to be withdrawn (that haven't passed PTMA or weren't submitted). So we WILL likely have many more chances to get stuff on sale. Not that you want to count on that, but the vibe is kinda like nothing will be available after 8/8 but it's only that nothing NEW will be available after 8.8.... and yes, prices might go up to meet PTMA costs.

OTOH if the lawsuit succeeds we will all be sitting with a shitload of extra stuff we didn't need to buy all at once.... :D But I'll happily "suffer" with a stash.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
At least you already have it and are using it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the two Supremes I just bought to go on sale cheaper. I'm not going to sweat a few bucks. I am going to hold off now though to see how low it will go before pulling the trigger on anything else.

I'm basically looking for 2 things - Nic and a Silver framed VT133 (I have 5 in black). The Nic I want is NN so while I'm hoping for a sale I'm not really expecting it.

Cheers,
Steve

I just ordered my spare vt133 from gearbest. 93 bucks total not that much of a difference. have to wat 15-30 days to get it but w/e it's a spare anyway lol

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Deuce on the 213 lmao

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors