https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know it's been answered but here is my 2 cents. The gspot is a live video hangout on the myvaporium site. Djlsb, vapnfagan, Mike vapes, st vapes, and a lot of other reviewers hang out there. Including a bunch of awesome vapers. We just hang out and bullshit. Really fun and awesome place to get questions answered. I'm in there at least a couple hours a day. I just recently signed up after hearing about it for months. Come join. Everyone is really helpful and nice...
I filled out the "request an invite thingy"
Had to use my real name for that

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On my IPV3Li they had an update that increased power but never put the one out everyone wanted, TC support for SS. The FDA regs have no effect on P4U. They are a Chinese company. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Shazaam, I forgot! LOL! My IPV4S had an update too to increase power, but like you say, they made the IPV5 with SS support and screwed previous customers. I really dislike P4U and don't trust them to stand behind anything should you get a bad mod, but in general they are great mods and last and I really like the YiHi chip. Even the IPV4S vapes SS in power mode quite nicely... or in Ti mode if you put the temp at 200F to offset the curve. But the mod is nice in the hand, vapes well, never had a problem with it, and it performs as expected. However it's sidelined right now out of deference to the VT133. :D

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I filled out the "request an invite thingy"
Had to use my real name for that
Yeah I use my real name in there too. You should get a reply soon to your invite request. See you in there...

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A VU or DNA, or VT133 room might be cool to do. Maybe lol.
BTW The Zoom thing is new to me. I just saw that for the first time. Didn't sign up yet. I tried getting on the G spot like 8 or 12 months ago when I signed up to MyVaporium and I never saw anything about Zoom. Haven't really been back to MyVaporium though, kinda boring to me.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided to cancel the SS Aromamizer Supreme Lite. After talking to @Infinite1 and him saying the regular Supreme doesn't overhang the Therion, I figured I had no need for a second Lite. This way I can try out the Black one I ordered on the Lavabox DNA75 to see if I really like the Lite before ordering a second one. Apparently FT dimension of the Therion being 24mm deep is incorrect, it's really 27mm deep.

Cheers,
Steve

Since it sounds like it's limiting out to quick, a simple thing to try would be to switch to the SS304 profile - that has a slightly higher TCR than 316L. Even higher would be SS430. Just something to try if the resistance doesn't refine slightly higher (+ or - 1 or 2 1/100's of an ohm can be the difference between a great vape, weak vape, or too hot of a vape). If the coil(s) are brand new, sometimes they will refine to a slightly different resistance when the mod is at rest.

Cheers,
Steve
Steve..I'm getting decent vape using both your SS430 profile but temp protect would kick in at least twice on my 5sec inhale. From the minimal time spent on VT133 it seems that I could only adjust the wattage on escribe..it that true. 7wraps 2.5mm "SS316L". Trying to play around with the watts/punch/preheat without getting into escribe. Stock Steve profile is 30w 420F.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve..I'm getting decent vape using both your SS430 profile but temp protect would kick in at least twice on my 5sec inhale. From the minimal time spent on VT133 it seems that I could only adjust the wattage on escribe..it that true. 7wraps 2.5mm "SS316L". Trying to play around with the watts/punch/preheat without getting into escribe. Stock Steve profile is 30w 420F.

When you are in Temp Dominate (Big display is the temperature), you change the wattage on the mod by first locking it (5 clicks on the fire button) then hold down the + and - buttons until you get into the power adjust screen.

The preheat can only be changed in Escribe.

The Temp Protect screen is just the mod telling you that you have reached your set temperature and it's varying your set power to keep you from going over your set temp.

Have you updated Escribe and firmware to the newest one released on 8-8-2016 yet? It's really very good, especially for SS316 TC.

Cheers,
Steve

When you are in Temp Dominate (Big display is the temperature), you change the wattage on the mod by first locking it (5 clicks on the fire button) then hold down the + and - buttons until you get into the power adjust screen.

The preheat can only be changed in Escribe.

The Temp Protect screen is just the mod telling you that you have reached your set temperature and it's varying your set power to keep you from going over your set temp.

Have you updated Escribe and firmware to the newest one released on 8-8-2016 yet? It's really very good, especially for SS316 TC.

Cheers,
Steve
Yup mine is 8/8 escribe..and remembered I had to install or load SP3. Will reinstall everything again. Changed wattage to 17.5w and had a better vape. Will prolly go to escribe to change the preheat wattage. Still on SS430 tcr profile as SS316 profile has a very weak vape. I don't have any other ss316 to try as this is what I could find locally in the blackmarket. No online purchase as it will not go through customs here.

Bigjack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup mine is 8/8 escribe..and remembered I had to install or load SP3. Will reinstall everything again. Changed wattage to 17.5w and had a better vape. Will prolly go to escribe to change the preheat wattage. Still on SS430 tcr profile as SS316 profile has a very weak vape. I don't have any other ss316 to try as this is what I could find locally in the blackmarket. No online purchase as it will not go through customs here.

Cool. If you already have the 8-8 version of Escribe (V 1.2 SP3), The updated firmware should already be there. It should be in the upper left hand corner in the General Tab. It should be in be in Blue writing (iirc) and say something like; "Click here to install SP3"

Cheers,
Steve

Yes did the install when I first launch escribe..now the option to install sp3 is no longer there. Will try to play with preheat setting as I'm somewhat happy with the vape. Will try with my other all day vape juice to see if it plays well with TC..thanks a lot Steve for helping me out..really appreciate it lots

Another question...can't
really recalled where I saw it but 420F is the burning point for cotton right? I don't usually burn cotton with my kanthal built but just wanting to know.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Figures just ordered the blue one from Gear Best yesterday for $65 well looks like I"ll have all the colors now red one on the way!
The pics of the blue one look very nice. I would have ordered that color if it were an option.

Cool. If you already have the 8-8 version of Escribe (V 1.2 SP3), The updated firmware should already be there. It should be in the upper left hand corner in the General Tab. It should be in be in Blue writing (iirc) and say something like; "Click here to install SP3"

Cheers,
Steve
I haven't been on escribe since the sp2 was released. I was going to ask if I had to do an uninstall sp2, reinstall sp3 I'll get on soon to see if I have the sp3 in the update tab.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes did the install when I first launch escribe..now the option to install sp3 is no longer there. Will try to play with preheat setting as I'm somewhat happy with the vape. Will try with my other all day vape juice to see if it plays well with TC..thanks a lot Steve for helping me out..really appreciate it lots

Another question...can't
really recalled where I saw it but 420F is the burning point for cotton right? I don't usually burn cotton with my kanthal built but just wanting to know.

That's probably the burning point of completely dry cotton. The cotton with ejuice on it won't burn at that temp.
The pics of the blue one look very nice. I would have ordered that color if it were an option.

I haven't been on escribe since the sp2 was released. I was going to ask if I had to do an uninstall sp2, reinstall sp3 I'll get on soon to see if I have the sp3 in the update tab.
I'm not sure if the sp3 firmware will be there. I just closed Escribe and downloaded and installed the new version of Escribe on the 8th. It installed on top of the old version.

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's probably the burning point of completely dry cotton. The cotton with ejuice on it won't burn at that temp.

I'm not sure if the sp3 firmware will be there. I just closed Escribe and downloaded and installed the new version of Escribe on the 8th. It installed on top of the old version.

Cheers,
Steve
Ahhh, gotcha, will do. Thanks.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol. Just got a 10% off coupon from Ecig City. Expires Aug 8th. How kind... Also to let me know that the 49.99 price on the vt75 is the new permanent price. So don't feel compelled to rush to get this deal unless you want to. They are probably pushing this out with no intention of restocking. Just an assumption on my part.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ecig has a few of these in stock right now...Black/Blue & Black/Yellow...FYI

Also Ecig10 still works for 10% off..brings it to $79.20 with free ship ($+75)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol. Just got a 10% off coupon from Ecig City. Expires Aug 8th. How kind... Also to let me know that the 49.99 price on the vt75 is the new permanent price. So don't feel compelled to rush to get this deal unless you want to. They are probably pushing this out with no intention of restocking. Just an assumption on my part.

Awesome price on a nice looking mod. I just have no use for a 75w mod but if I did it would be on like a pot of neck bones. Lol

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome price on a nice looking mod. I just have no use for a 75w mod but if I did it would be on like a pot of neck bones. Lol
Ima use these for my mtl setups. I have a couple serpent minis that really shine for a restricted DL in the 30-40w range They are hard to pass up for the money for a flagship board.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up a VT75, at that price it was an easy decision. Wasn't sure a dna75 was for me but have really been enjoying the SMY sdna75 for my on the go tanks. The added battery life of the 26650 is just icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sigh, I may have to break down and get one. I still use my STM'S under 40w. Hell, if I don't like it then the girl gets it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sigh, I may have to break down and get one. I still use my STM'S under 40w. Hell, if I don't like it then the girl gets it.

You've run out of excuses not to lol. I think they will make nice little beaters. You already have 26650's. I say hell yea to these.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
YES! Enabling the enabler. .....my work here is done

Lmfao, I didnt buy it yet. I'm still having a hard time getting past the 75w thing and ecig.com just got the VT133 back in stock. May have to get 2 more VT133's. I promised myself no new purchases till Labor Day, damn. Stay tuned.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I might just pick up another vt133 since ecig.com has them back in stock. Only thing holding me back is the age verification, I don't wanna put the last 4 of my ss number and other personal info out there. Has anyone ordered from ecig since they implemented this???

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might just pick up another vt133 since ecig.com has them back in stock. Only thing holding me back is the age verification, I don't wanna put the last 4 of my ss number and other personal info out there. Has anyone ordered from ecig since they implemented this???
I am wondering about this too, no way I am ordering from anyone that asks for the the last 4 digits of my SSN. Ecig city didn't ask for that, I am expecting a phone call to confirm my age though. I am practicing my best Grampa Clampit impression.....Howdy young whipper snapper

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am in the same boat and don't want to enter my SSN.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I talked to them on chat they said another option was to take a picture of your license with your phone and send it to their customer service via email. I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure if that really works. I would call them myself to make sure.

PS. I'm not even sure that I want to send them a photo copy of my license but no way in Hell am I giving them the last 4 of my social

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am with you Steve, I won't send them a pic of my license either. I don't want the last 4 digits of my SSN # or DL# out there at all.

Yeah, since they instituted that policy, I haven't ordered anything from them. There business has to be hurting.

Furthermore when I was chatting with them on Sunday I mentioned Gearbest had the Therion on sale for iirc $97.99. I said I could send him the code so he could verify. His reply was no, if there is nothing else I can help you with have a good day. I was thinking WTF.

I've talked them up quite a bit and this thread has had to send a lot of business their way. I didn't appreciate his attitude at all. I figured he would either price match, give me a discount code, or at least be curious. Instead he just blew me off. Not cool at all! They lost my business and I'm done with talking them up!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm pretty sure you're allowed to block out the DL#.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In the end he did me a favor because I ended up getting the Therion from FT for less than $88 and no hoops to jump through!

Cheers,
Steve
Man I wish I would have jumped on that deal. 88 bucks for a thereon sounds good. There coming out with a sqounker thereon and a dna133 version. But man do I want a thereon and that price was just right.

I can't believe they just blew you off like that. What assholes, after all the business you got them.

Yeah I'll probably give them a call and see what they say about the ss number situation. I will not send my last 4 of ss number. If not, I could care less.

This new fda regs are totally bullshit.
FUCK THE FDA!!!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I wish I would have jumped on that deal. 88 bucks for a thereon sounds good. There coming out with a sqounker thereon and a dna133 version. But man do I want a thereon and that price was just right.

I can't believe they just blew you off like that. What assholes, after all the business you got them.

Yeah I'll probably give them a call and see what they say about the ss number situation. I will not send my last 4 of ss number. If not, I could care less.

This new fda regs are totally bullshit.
FUCK THE FDA!!!!
I've heard they were coming out with a DNA200 Therion awhile ago. So far I haven't seen anything more about it though. I'm not sure if it's still coming out or if they just said that to pacify everyone that was asking for it. I guess time will tell. If I saw a picture or release date, I would definitely wait. I'll be bummed if it comes out right after I get mine though.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I talked to them on chat they said another option was to take a picture of your license with your phone and send it to their customer service via email. [...] PS. I'm not even sure that I want to send them a photo copy of my license but no way in Hell am I giving them the last 4 of my social

Yeah, your DL is part of your identity verification process for banks, etc. It's one thing to be in a B&M and get carded. You flash it. But sending a photo of it... who knows where/who/how that info will end up... if they even have any expertise in holding secure data, or care about it. And it's certainly not part of their "secure shopping cart system" ! Email is like sending a post card through the postal service... anyone can read it along the way (on any mail server it hops through en route). Copies can even be stored on those remote servers for weeks, months or years. If encrypted, it doesn't matter, but they didn't offer a key for encryption exchange. So it's totally non-secure, en route, not to mention what happens when it gets there. No thanks to that!

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Furthermore when I was chatting with them on Sunday I mentioned Gearbest had the Therion on sale for iirc $97.99. I said I could send him the code so he could verify. His reply was no, if there is nothing else I can help you with have a good day. I was thinking WTF.

I have a feeling they are taking lots of heat for the FDA's BS and the employees might be tired of being made to feel like the bad guys when they're just as mad or even madder about the reg's since their business is at stake. (And not that you personally did anything out of line but we are ALL complaining, as is natural.) Also, they probably know they're going to lose lots of money, possibly even lose their business, so maybe right at this juncture it irks to be asked to match sales on other sites... esp Chinese sites that don't have to deal with the FDA crap. I don't know, all speculation. But it's a bummer that these regs have naturally turned previous happy customers of US vendors into being irritated with them, and them with us... when none of it is either of our faults.

Yet facts are facts, and the regs need to be stopped. And one way that will happen is (unfortunately) if business to US vendors falls off the map due to the regs.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a feeling they are taking lots of heat for the FDA's BS and the employees might be tired of being made to feel like the bad guys when they're just as mad or even madder about the reg's since their business is at stake. (And not that you personally did anything out of line but we are ALL complaining, as is natural.) Also, they probably know they're going to lose lots of money, possibly even lose their business, so maybe right at this juncture it irks to be asked to match sales on other sites... esp Chinese sites that don't have to deal with the FDA crap. I don't know, all speculation. But it's a bummer that these regs have naturally turned previous happy customers of US vendors into being irritated with them, and them with us... when none of it is either of our faults.

Yet facts are facts, and the regs need to be stopped. And one way that will happen is (unfortunately) if business to US vendors falls off the map due to the regs.
Totally agree. I'm not about to throw a company that's been good to all of us under the bus over a situation that's beyond their control. I think at the very least they deserve and have earned some time to figure things out. Yes I know it's their business and they should know what needs to be done but when you are dealing with a super beauracracy like the FDA its real tough to get real answers. Other companies are having problems as well. Vapejoose sent me an email that said they basically give up because the verification system they are using is mistakenly denying 40% of their business. So all I'm saying is lets have a little patience with a vendor we all know and love. They have earned that with their awesome pricing and stellar customer service. I'm sure Josh will figure it out and move forward.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors