Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've heard they were coming out with a DNA200 Therion awhile ago. So far I haven't seen anything more about it though. I'm not sure if it's still coming out or if they just said that to pacify everyone that was asking for it. I guess time will tell. If I saw a picture or release date, I would definitely wait. I'll be bummed if it comes out right after I get mine though.

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah I know there are pictures of the Thereon squonker already out. I hope they do make a dna200 version. That'd be an awesome device. Until then we will have to be happy with the dna75.
Totally agree. I'm not about to throw a company that's been good to all of us under the bus over a situation that's beyond their control. I think at the very least they deserve and have earned some time to figure things out. Yes I know it's their business and they should know what needs to be done but when you are dealing with a super beauracracy like the FDA its real tough to get real answers. Other companies are having problems as well. Vapejoose sent me an email that said they basically give up because the verification system they are using is mistakenly denying 40% of their business. So all I'm saying is lets have a little patience with a vendor we all know and love. They have earned that with their awesome pricing and stellar customer service. I'm sure Josh will figure it out and move forward.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Totally agree. They have treated me right and have gone above and beyond in some situations...

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Totally agree. I'm not about to throw a company that's been good to all of us under the bus over a situation that's beyond their control. I think at the very least they deserve and have earned some time to figure things out. Yes I know it's their business and they should know what needs to be done but when you are dealing with a super beauracracy like the FDA its real tough to get real answers. Other companies are having problems as well. Vapejoose sent me an email that said they basically give up because the verification system they are using is mistakenly denying 40% of their business. So all I'm saying is lets have a little patience with a vendor we all know and love. They have earned that with their awesome pricing and stellar customer service. I'm sure Josh will figure it out and move forward.

I spoke to one of their customer service rep. and told him about our concern regarding SSN. He said they are working on some verification process which will make customer's age verification more easy and hassle free. Also he told me that they don't keep any record of SSN number it's online process which verifies the age. If someone enter wrong SSN which doesn't verify His/Her age then they need Driving License.

1 cent of thought, to share with you guys.

Thanks

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I know there are pictures of the Thereon squonker already out. I hope they do make a dna200 version. That'd be an awesome device. Until then we will have to be happy with the dna75.

Totally agree. They have treated me right and have gone above and beyond in some situations...
I'll tell you a quick little story about ecig.com. When they had the sale on the Fuchai 213 I ordered 3. Two for me, because you guys all know I like even #'s and one for my girlfriend. I did this as a pre order. Lol. A few days later Daniel came out with his rip on the 213. I told my girl I was cancelling my 2 in the order. In that order I had 2 new tanks that were in stock. When I placed the order ecig.com asked me if it was ok if they shipped everything together and if I was ok with waiting for the tanks. They said the 213's were on their way and should be there in a couple of days. I said sure no problem. I cancelled my 2 Fuchai 213's but my girl kept hers because it was pretty. When the order came my tanks were not in it. When I called they said sorry Jack we're out of stock. I said man, are you guys kidding me? I was being a good dude and said you could ship everything together. Now for being a nice guy I got screwed. The head of customer service called me and I explained the situation. She said can you give me a few hours to rectify this. I said sure. Later on that evening I got a tracking # for my 2 tanks. The next day I got an email from them saying they were sorry and they went out and bought my 2 tanks at another shop. They next day aired me my 2 tanks and I had them in hand the next day. Now, I don't know about anyone else but to me that's going above and beyond.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I personally don't see an acceptable way around the reg's (acceptable to me, that is). Other than the courts finding them unconstitutional and nullifying them, which is what I am expecting eventually.

In the meantime while I see the predicament of the US vendors, I won't be sharing any personal info regardless of assurances that it's safe, etc. (Even if you can trust that it is, and no info is safe once shared.) Security is just one aspect of it. The most important aspect is that it's unconstitutional to ask me for age verification to buy a damn electronic device that has neither tobacco nor nicotine. So I don't WANT to find a way to "work with the regs and US vendors" b/c that's accommodating the FDA in my book, and these reg's shouldn't be tolerated OR accommodated.

So while I feel for ecig.com and the rest, I am not supporting the FDA regs by buying from US vendors who have been forced to bend to the unconstitutional will of the FDA. When people do nothing (or go along) things don't change. JMO.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll tell you a quick little story about ecig.com. When they had the sale on the Fuchai 213 I ordered 3. Two for me, because you guys all know I like even #'s and one for my girlfriend. I did this as a pre order. Lol. A few days later Daniel came out with his rip on the 213. I told my girl I was cancelling my 2 in the order. In that order I had 2 new tanks that were in stock. When I placed the order ecig.com asked me if it was ok if they shipped everything together and if I was ok with waiting for the tanks. They said the 213's were on their way and should be there in a couple of days. I said sure no problem. I cancelled my 2 Fuchai 213's but my girl kept hers because it was pretty. When the order came my tanks were not in it. When I called they said sorry Jack we're out of stock. I said man, are you guys kidding me? I was being a good dude and said you could ship everything together. Now for being a nice guy I got screwed. The head of customer service called me and I explained the situation. She said can you give me a few hours to rectify this. I said sure. Later on that evening I got a tracking # for my 2 tanks. The next day I got an email from them saying they were sorry and they went out and bought my 2 tanks at another shop. They next day aired me my 2 tanks and I had them in hand the next day. Now, I don't know about anyone else but to me that's going above and beyond.

Unfortunately that doesn't change the FDA crap. Again, it's not their fault. But it is what it is.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unfortunately that doesn't change the FDA crap. Again, it's not their fault. But it is what it is.
We all know that. My point is lets give Josh and his comapny a chance to sort things out before we just write them off. I'm sure Josh is not happy about the new regs.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a feeling they are taking lots of heat for the FDA's BS and the employees might be tired of being made to feel like the bad guys when they're just as mad or even madder about the reg's since their business is at stake. (And not that you personally did anything out of line but we are ALL complaining, as is natural.) Also, they probably know they're going to lose lots of money, possibly even lose their business, so maybe right at this juncture it irks to be asked to match sales on other sites... esp Chinese sites that don't have to deal with the FDA crap. I don't know, all speculation. But it's a bummer that these regs have naturally turned previous happy customers of US vendors into being irritated with them, and them with us... when none of it is either of our faults.

Yet facts are facts, and the regs need to be stopped. And one way that will happen is (unfortunately) if business to US vendors falls off the map due to the regs.
Two things:
I never mentioned the identification process during that chat nor was I complaining or rude
2. I never asked them to match the price. I probably wouldn't buy it there anyway since I'm not sending them a picture of my drivers license or last 4 of my social. I was just trying to make them aware of the pricing because I know they like to be competitive. The guy was rude and blew me off. You guys can try to make it out as all my fault and they are all great. That's not the way it went down though.

Edit I asked them about the ID process last week when @BoostAddict posted about it. I asked them the next day and told him then what I posted today about it. I only posted it in the thread today because Ecig came up. The rude convo happened on Sunday and again I only posted about that today because Ecig came up. I'm not out to get them but didn't appreciate the way I was treated.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I remember when ecig first hit the market, they were offering authentic tugboat v2s for under 50 bucks.
it was my favorite atty, so I ordered one, it came in and was in a tin. I freaked, because flawless was all about the bubble wrap. I called them up and the guy told me it was overstock from another vendor. so I called lawless to check it out. - it was legit overstock.
since then, they proved themselves in my eyes to be a good a solid vendor.

while I despise the regs, and don't want to give up my personal digits, I do trust them. They will no longer be my go to vendor for things, but I don't want to see them go under either.
I don't know its a tough spot

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Two things:
I never mentioned the identification process during that chat nor was I complaining or rude
2. I never asked them to match the price. I probably wouldn't buy it there anyway since I'm not sending them a picture of my drivers license or last 4 of my social. I was just trying to make them aware of the pricing because I know they like to be competitive. The guy was rude and blew me off. You guys can try to make it out as all my fault and they are all great. That's not the way it went down though.

Edit I asked them about the ID process last week when @BoostAddict posted about it. I asked them the next day and told him then what I posted today about it. I only posted it in the thread today because Ecig came up. The rude convo happened on Sunday and again I only posted about that today because Ecig came up. I'm not out to get them but didn't appreciate the way I was treated.

Who was the guy? They have always been cordial to me. If not, I would be happy to reciprocate.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Two things:
I never mentioned the identification process during the chat nor was I complaining or rude

I am sorry I didn't word my post more carefully. I didn't mean you were rude. In fact I think I said as much. I meant in general they are taking heat from their customers since the new regs (even if not from you personally), and they might also feel like their futures (jobs) are in jeopardy. IOW, everyone is on edge. Their customers (us), and them too.

My only point was there is a human face on both sides. That doesn't mean I will go along with the reg's as I believe that's a mistake, aside from being risky as far as security goes... all for items that have nothing to do with nicotine OR tobacco... which makes this all the more outrageous. The regs have to change. Not the vendors. Not the customers.

We need to be mad at the real entity who deserves it... the FDA.

As a total other issue, I understand you have thrown lots of business their way, and from your explanation above I get that you were just sharing info with them they are usually happy about receiving (the code and price from gearbest), and you got brushed off. That would have offended me too. But what I so poorly conveyed in my post was don't take it personally b/c they are also going thru lots of shit on their own personal levels, worried about how all this will affect them, and probably pissed off too. In general, tensions are high since 8.8 over all this crap.

I am sorry again for not being clearer, or understanding your position better. But I was not saying "let's all just jump up and buy from ecig cause they're good guys" ... was just saying this is creating issues for everyone and we should all be directing our anger at the cause... the FDA. And didn't even really mean you personally... just everyone in general. (And also didn't mean "let's go buy from ecig" b/c although I am sympathetic it's against my religion to go along with these unconstitutional regs, and I won't.)

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Two things:

If any of my posts sounded like I was saying it was your fault or that you were being rude to them, I apologize. That's not what I was trying to say. I was just stating how much I liked them as a vendor and how they have always taken care of me.. sorry if it came off as me blaming you...

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We all know that. My point is lets give Josh and his comapny a chance to sort things out before we just write them off. I'm sure Josh is not happy about the new regs.

Unfortunately there is nothing they can do to "sort this out" unless they take a legal stand and refuse to comply with the regs, citing undue burden. But lawyers cost money. So unless they join a class action suit, that's unlikely. And even if they do, the lawyers might advise clients to comply with regs until the case is heard.

It's ok to think of ecig.com positively, and yet take a moral stand against the FDA's forced regulations by refusing to comply with those regulations by boycotting the regs. Unfortunately the only way to boycott the regs is to avoid all vendors enforcing them.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If any of my posts sounded like I was saying it was your fault or that you were being rude to them, I apologize. That's not what I was trying to say. I was just stating how much I liked them as a vendor and how they have always taken care of me.. sorry if it came off as me blaming you...
I like them too. I've always posted about how great they are. I have one of the guys personal email. I chat with them all the time. I've given them the link to the thread. Hell we chat for a long time, we talk about everything, not just vaping (we chat about sports quite often). I like the guys there, they are nice and personable.

My only two issues are:
1. The ID process, other US places aren't doing that. Until they stop the current process I won't order from them.
2. The way I was treated Sunday wasn't good.

Now I'm not letting one bad experience make me forget about all the good ones. I hope it was just an aberration.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Government credit union was hacked last week . I still haven't had the money returned to my account(they said it could take weeks). Just a warning, before anybody gives out their personal information on the internet:headbang:

It's NEVER a good idea.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried buying from another US vendor? What was the procedure??
Yes, I bought my Lavabox from Volcano (Hawaii). It was the same as it's always been. Put in the credit card info and sign in. Others have also bought the Lavabox 75 after I posted about it and they said the same thing

I read today people bought the Hcigar from Ecig-city and they didn't have to do anything special either.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ive bought from a few since the 8th as well, vaporshark, 101vape, localvape and liionwholesale.

no one has asked for, anything encroaching on violating me. not even a mouth swab

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My take on this is ecig is being overly cautious and doing more than actually needs to be done. There is a post outlining different ways companies can go about this (I'm trying to find the link). I think the way ecig is doing is one way (certainly not the best way imo). From what I remember in the post another way is have a third party do it but it costs money.

If you notice when you go on to ecig.com you don't have to click on the I'm over 21 stuff (I believe that is the 3rd party verification other places are using). They are going about it a different way. Good luck with that.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I bought my Lavabox from Volcano (Hawaii). It was the same as it's always been. Put in the credit card info and sign in. Others have also bought the Lavabox 75 after I posted about it and they said the same thing

I read today people bought the Hcigar from Ecig-city and they didn't have to do anything special either.

Cheers,
Steve

Well holy shit then WTH is going on at ecig.com??? I thought they said they were forced to ask for all that personal info!

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ive bought from a few since the 8th as well, vaporshark, 101vape, localvape and liionwholesale.

no one has asked for, anything encroaching on violating me. not even a mouth swab

No deposits in cups sent FEDEX? :D

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My take on this is ecig is being overly cautious and doing more than actually needs to be done. There is a post outlining different ways companies can go about this (I'm trying to find the link). I think the way ecig is doing is one way (certainly not the best way imo). From what I remeber in the post another way is have a third party do it but it cost money.

But if you and FB didn't have to do anything unusual at any other US site, then where would the 'third party' come in? Unless they feed your name to a 3rd party db that already has public personal info... like the DMV db which has everyone's name, address, and age. So even just verifying that via public records ... but AFAIK only way to access special public records like that is to pay a fee (like how you can pay $9.95 and get public records on any person you want)... So maybe a company that has access to public records will have their server run each name and address thru the db when you place an order (would take seconds), and if it checks out, nothing special is asked of them.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But if you and FB didn't have to do anything unusual at any other US site, then where would the 'third party' come in? Unless they feed your name to a 3rd party db that already has public personal info... like the DMV db which has everyone's name, address, and age. So even just verifying that via public records ... but AFAIK only way to access special public records like that is to pay a fee (like how you can pay $9.95 and get public records on any person you want)... So maybe a company that has access to public records will have their server run each name and address thru the db when you place an order (would take seconds), and if it checks out, nothing special is asked of them.

Adding to my own post... and maybe the fee is a just built into the product prices with everything being a tad higher than it would be otherwise.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the main difference I see is most places have the box that pops up as soon as you try to enter their site making you click on you are over 21. Ecig doesn't have that, they are making you either give them your last 4 or a copy of your drivers license.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AMAZING!!! THAT'S WHY I CALL MY VU FAMILY, Everybody take care of each other. I am sure Steve will understand how much we care and respect everyone here. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well the main difference I see is most places have the box that pops up as soon as you try to enter their site making you click on you are over 21. Ecig doesn't have that, they are making you either give them your last 4 or a copy of your drivers license.

REALLY? LOL! After all this commotion (much of it from ME) over these ridiculous verification regs, nothings really changed and just clicking the "Yeah, I'm of smoking age" button suffices?? (as it should to release the seller from liability) ???? That doesn't make sense. Why would e-cig go out of their way to do something so complicated when they could have left it all as it was? Maybe vendors have 30 days or something to comply, and no one else has complied yet??? Is that possible???

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
REALLY? LOL! After all this commotion (much of it from ME) over these ridiculous verification regs, nothings really changed and just clicking the "Yeah, I'm of smoking age" button suffices?? (as it should to release the seller from liability) ???? That doesn't make sense. Why would e-cig go out of their way to do something so complicated when they could have left it all as it was? Maybe vendors have 30 days or something to comply, and no one else has complied yet??? Is that possible???
I would guess because the company is so young and the fda is a big scary monster with a 500 page long ream of paper as regs.

like taking a tuna pole to catch perch.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would guess because the company is so young and the fda is a big scary monster with a 500 page long ream of paper as regs.

like taking a tuna pole to catch perch.

Well it's going to be interesting to see if that's true! Sure would be nice if at least we could continue to buy from US vendors! (Well, the ones that use the clicky-button.)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well it's going to be interesting to see if that's true! Sure would be nice if at least we could continue to buy from US vendors! (Well, the ones that use the clicky-button.)
the biggest motivator for any business to change its practices is money.

give it another couple weeks

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's all I was trying to convey.

FYI - the black and yellow is in stick for 88 bucks on egic.com again (5% off with VJC coupon code) and you don't need your SSN. I placed an order with them for an ohm wrecker g2 and didn't need to use my SSN or i wouldn't have ordered
maybe I should have said a few days

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After reading these posts, I kinda feel like a jackass for emailing my Driver license for eliquid to one place when the other 2 companies I ordered liquid from didn't ask for shit on orders placed after the 8th

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the biggest motivator for any business to change its practices is money.

give it another couple weeks

I hear you. But I thought in the very beginning when Boost went to buy something and they asked for SS on the order form (which he posted here), he called them (correct me Boost if I'm wrong)... and they told him point blank that the new FDA regs required last 4 SS# and DOB. Then later they waffled a bit and said photo ID could work instead. They made it sound like these were The New Rules hoist upon them. Sounds like that wasn't true. ??

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I hear you. But I thought in the very beginning when Boost went to buy something and they asked for SS on the order form (which he posted here), he called them (correct me Boost if I'm wrong)... and they told him point blank that the new FDA regs required last 4 SS# and DOB. Then later they waffled a bit and said photo ID could work instead. They made it sound like these were The New Rules hoist upon them. Sounds like that wasn't true. ??
I didn't have to give them anything. I just logged into my account and ordered as normal like before.
I think personally with the new laws in effect, people are trying to figure out how to interpret them. Like the "no giveaways thing" yet youtubers still give stuff away anyway since they say "we aren't a company" I'm just a person giving stuff to another person

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI - the black and yellow is in stick for 88 bucks on egic.com again (5% off with VJC coupon code) and you don't need your SSN. I placed an order with them for an ohm wrecker g2 and didn't need to use my SSN or i wouldn't have ordered
Well I'll be damned. I just ordered a Black and Yellow VT133 and it was business as usual. No last 4 - No Drivers License. I only ordered it so I could report back :teehee::giggle::D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think anyone knows exactly what the rules are or what the correct interpretation is just yet. It's going to take some time to filter down. In the meanwhile I suggest giving most vendors some leeway until things are sorted out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

You are correct. That's what went down last week. Of course i haven't tried to purchase from them this week, so i have no clue if anything has changed:cheers:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are correct. That's what went down last week. Of course i haven't tried to purchase from them this week, so i have no clue if anything has changed:cheers:
It did change - I checked on Sunday and you still had to add the last 4. I just ordered a few minutes ago and that was gone. It was as it always has been. I haven't checked between Sunday and today so I can't say exactly when it changed. All I can say for sure is it changed and I didn't have to put in the last 4.

Edit By the way the 10% off coupon code still works: ecig10

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'll be damned. I just ordered a Black and Yellow VT133 and it was business as usual. No last 4 - No Drivers License. I only ordered it so I could report back :teehee::giggle::D

Yeah.......that's the ONLY reason I order too, not for me....nooooooo, just so I could report too :giggle::giggle::giggle:

That is awesome to hear they have already figured another way to verify age, way to go ecig.com, one of if not the best vendor out there!

Thanks for the reporting Steve, if you need a second source you can have it sent to me for testing from a neutral party :wave: :D

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thinking that this is more the case.. just cause some vendors are not doing the intrusive bit yet may not mean that they won't start at some point. Lets hope not.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, all's well that ends well... long as it's ended! Hope the SS isn't back tomorrow! (And that's a likely story, Steve, ordering a VT133 just to report back! Order one for me too and report again... we have to make SURE!) :giggle::giggle::giggle:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Coupon code "ecig10" is not valid. Didn't work for me:cry: Oh well...Anybody else have a 10% coupon?

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It did change - I checked on Sunday and you still had to add the last 4. I just ordered a few minutes ago and that was gone. It was as it always has been. I haven't checked between Sunday and today so I can't say exactly when it changed. All I can say for sure is it changed and I didn't have to put in the last 4.

Edit By the way the 10% off coupon code still works: ecig10

This morning at about 10am PST I chatted on the VT133 page at ecig to ask if SS# was still required. They said yes. I said I was going to FT or GB and they said a DL would suffice. I said no thanks. So it was still that way this morning.

BTW, what's the coupon code at ecig??

VU Sponsors