Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You want an SMY SDNA Welcome Screen and Locked Click 3X screen?

Mine says Volcano Lavabox because that's the mod I made the ecig file for.

Is there a default SMY screen on the mod?

I'm not home right now, but I'll try to get to it later tonight. No promises because I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night.

Cheers,
Steve
Yes you are right Steve, yes there is default screen on the mod but those are very tinny font. No rush please and take your time or just tell/PM me the name of the software and I will do it my self (if possible). Thanks Steve.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
the hard reboot doesn't seem to work anymore in the software. It just does a soft reboot

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes you are right Steve, yes there is default screen on the mod but those are very tinny font. No rush please and take your time or just tell/PM me the name of the software and I will do it my self (if possible). Thanks Steve.
THIS IS MY 3X SCREEN
AND
MY WELCOME SCREEN
Locked-Click-5-Times.jpg SDNA.jpg

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's a closely guarded secret that My Crazy Collie and her herd of killer Deer guard with their lives :D:giggle::teehee:

Phone%20Pictures%20188_zpslyeuys4t.jpg

Phone%20Pictures%20204_zpsfoxxem2g.jpg

Phone%20Pictures%20655_zps9obev4cu.jpg

IMG_20160222_181350_zpsof0hqw9y.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

upload_2016-8-18_9-59-16.png

Ah-ha!! The stash is obviously hidden in the large storage-Zeppelin-thingy!! (That's why you made a Led Zeppelin screen back on page 7!!!) See how the Killer Deer all conspicuously eye it, keeping watch over it? Obviously wired with earpieces... clever to make the shot intentionally blurry! I don't know guys.... it might be an impossible heist.... that thing screams trip wires! :giggle:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_5149.JPG
Got this in yesterday. Ran the test on 2 of my VT133's. 1st one= .006 2nd one= .008. The Lavabox= .002
You can really notice the difference in the VT133's in TC. Well worth the 11.00:D

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes works perfect on the dna75 also:cheers: Just so you know both of my VT133 i tested were off by .003-.004. Money well spent.
Are you sure it was cranked all the way down. On the other forum I've seen people have it drop by .003-.004 when they cranked it down a little tighter.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm sure you already know this but just in case, before testing in the Atomizer Analyzer you have to set the mods resistance to 0 and then Upload Settings to Device. Then test.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I dropped mine yesterday. off my desk about 3 feet onto the carpet. no physical damage but the TC doesn't seem to be working consistently. You can't do a factory reboot from the software anymore. I reloaded the firmware and service pack and re-downloaded my settings but still the same. resistance seems to jump at times as well. any advice?

Worse case i have my spare being delivered today and an hohm wrecker g2 coming in about a week so i'm not screwed lol.

edit: also re-tightened all the connections on my RDA in case the drop loosened anything

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you sure it was cranked all the way down. On the other forum I've seen people have it drop by .003-.004 when they cranked it down a little tighter.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm sure you already know this but just in case, before testing in the Atomizer Analyzer you have to set the mods resistance to 0 and then Upload Settings to Device. Then test.

You can tell when it's down/tight. It just stops. It was done correctly. That's why i posted the vid so other peeps could see how it's done. Why are you surprised the Vt had a .007? The LB had .002:cheers:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I dropped mine yesterday. off my desk about 3 feet onto the carpet. no physical damage but the TC doesn't seem to be working consistently. You can't do a factory reboot from the software anymore. I reloaded the firmware and service pack and re-downloaded my settings but still the same. resistance seems to jump at times as well. any advice?

Worse case i have my spare being delivered today and an hohm wrecker g2 coming in about a week so i'm not screwed lol.

edit: also re-tightened all the connections on my RDA in case the drop loosened anything

I would check the rda 510 post, insulators and see if the 510 of the mod is loose.
I would also try another known topper and see if all is good there

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I would check the rda 510 post, insulators and see if the 510 of the mod is loose.
I would also try another known topper and see if all is good there

everything on the rda is good. checked it. I'll have to wait until i get home to try another RDA on it

anyone know how to do a factory reset?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can tell when it's down/tight. It just stops. It was done correctly. That's why i posted the vid so other peeps could see how it's done. Why are you surprised the Vt had a .007? The LB had .002:cheers:
I'm surprised by both actually. The LB75 at .002 is just a tad lower than I would think it would be and .007 on the VT is a tad higher than just about everyone else is measuring. I'm more surprised by the VT. Like I said in another thread someone was getting similar results, cleaned the 510 with a q-tip dipped in Alcohol and said they screwed it down a tad tighter and the resistance dropped. Not saying it's wrong, just a little surprised.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
everything on the rda is good. checked it. I'll have to wait until i get home to try another RDA on it

anyone know how to do a factory reset?
this will sound a little strange, but I had something similar happen and the problem turned out to be one o the coil legs snapped at the post.
2 days I was getting weird vape things, and finally went to rebuild it, only to find that.

as to factory reset.... I really don't know, I'm sorry

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
this will sound a little strange, but I had something similar happen and the problem turned out to be one o the coil legs snapped at the post.
2 days I was getting weird vape things, and finally went to rebuild it, only to find that.

as to factory reset.... I really don't know, I'm sorry

physically inspected, all good. took out cotton, dry burned in power mode. both coils heat up nicely and even form the center out.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@SirRichard did you try taking the batteries out, waiting a few moments, then putting them back in? (Couldn't hurt to press and hold the power button down a few secs while the batteries are out either. On a computer that move can help clear certain problems.)

Sorry to interrupt with this, but as an aside, Gearbest has the silver/black VT133 on a flash sale for the next few hours at $89... a couple bucks more than it was on their last flash sale. Probably better sales to be had on Labor day, but FTR...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichard did you try taking the batteries out, waiting a few moments, then putting them back in? (Couldn't hurt to press and hold the power button down a few secs while the batteries are out either. On a computer that move can help clear certain problems.)

Sorry to interrupt with this, but as an aside, Gearbest has the silver/black VT133 on a flash sale for the next few hours at $89... a couple bucks more than it was on their last flash sale. Probably better sales to be had on Labor day, but FTR...
just gave it a try, i'll let u know if it works

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
just gave it a try, i'll let u know if it works

seems to be working now. guess a glitch in the matrix lol

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ordered Black and a SS Supreme Lites from Gearbest at Steve's enabling recently.
Then saw he cancelled when the ship date changed to 8/22-8/28.
When I tried to cancel my order didn't show in my account because I didn't log in I just paid w/Paypal.
Received shipping notification they went out today.
Phase 2 of the waiting begins.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I take it back, still being super weird. now when i fire the screen for temp says OFF

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Mine was doing that also. I cleaned all threads and made sure to screw the atty down snug. Problem gone. Maybe it'll work for you.
So this is what I found in troubleshooting and again it's working right now but we'll see after some extended use

I hooked it up to device monitor, watched the chart as a simulated button presses and the temp line wouldn't even show up. The hard reboot doesn't work and I don't see any way to do a factory reset. So i loaded in a new blank profile, then loaded in my old file. Tested again and now the line shows up and appears to be working correctly.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So this is what I found in troubleshooting and again it's working right now but we'll see after some extended use

I hooked it up to device monitor, watched the chart as a simulated button presses and the temp line wouldn't even show up. The hard reboot doesn't work and I don't see any way to do a factory reset. So i loaded in a new blank profile, then loaded in my old file. Tested again and now the line shows up and appears to be working correctly.

Unless one of the other suggestions work it sounds like something that would fall under the purview of the Evolv 1yr warranty. EDIT meaning if its an intermittent problem where TC drops out then comes back... but that does sound like a loose something or a dirty something... hm... odd.

EDIT 2: Might also consider opening a ticket with Evolv and ask about a hard reset. Maybe include the problem. They got back to me within 24hrs when I opened a ticket suggesting they have the TCR field report actual TCR.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Unless one of the other suggestions work it sounds like something that would fall under the purview of the Evolv 1yr warranty. EDIT meaning if its an intermittent problem where TC drops out then comes back... but that does sound like a loose something or a dirty something... hm... odd.
when i get home I'll test it on another RDA and also clean everything good 1st and report back. right now it's working though kind of lol. at least my back up is arriving today in the mail lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sounds good. Let us know how it goes!
So I'm kinda stumped.
I did 2 new builds on 2 different RDAs (so horney 6 coil build .17 ohm and aeronaut single clapton coil .19 build. Both using SS316l wire)

1) test aeronaut on current profile (my clapton wire profile)
results, kinda working but i have to turn it up to 550f to get a decent vape so it feels like it's cutting off early. Temp no longer says off and ohms aren't jumping and it isn't running way too hot, like it did with the tsunami 24 yesterday.
2) test so horney on current profile and on the standard SS316l profile
same results as the aeronaut. i will say however to get it to really hit i had to do 140 watts on the xcube 2
3) test both on my xcube 2, x cube seemed to be doing TC better with them using just the TCR as it does. did need to bump it up to 500f though.
4) Disassembled the tsunami 24, everything was tight on it, both coils were still good. i cleaned it up and put it away for now as i have the so horney and aeronaut with new builds on it plus my tfv4 tank still in rotation.

before with my tsunami 24 dual fused clapton coil build i was using. I was running it at 450-480 for the past month and got a nice warm vape form it

My next steps
I brought my new VT133 to work, gonna load up latest firmware and my profile and test it side by side on the aeronaut.
I emailed ecig as well, they said they would be more then happy to exchange if it keeps acting up, not sure how as it's out of stock but we'll see

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't use claptons so others will be able to help more, but it is odd that from what you say, the original build in the tsunami was vaping fine all up until you dropped it... which sounds like maybe you should either open a ticket with Evolv to see what they say, or just take advantage of ecig's offer to swap it out, since it still sounds like something's not right. WIll be interesting to see the comparison results with the new mod.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't use claptons so others will be able to help more, but it is odd that from what you say, the original build in the tsunami was vaping fine all up until you dropped it... which sounds like maybe you should either open a ticket with Evolv to see what they say, or just take advantage of ecig's offer to swap it out, since it still sounds like something's not right. WIll be interesting to see the comparison results with the new mod.
new one works perfect. it's definitely the device, i sent an email to ecig for a replacement

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know the reason behind the DNA200's needing a battery profile (csv) ? Is it due to the custom feature of being able to set your desired cut-off?

I only ask b/c in Chinese mods (as we all know) you can pop in any 18650 brand/model and the battery bar works just fine to track remaining charge. Last night I was trying my old INR 25r's to compare to the new HD2Cs, and had loaded a 25r profile. When I ran the batts down, wanted to pop back in the HD2Cs but had already shutdown my computer for the night, so couldn't change batt profiles.

Is there any harm in using the wrong batt profile, (I didn't... I booted back up to switch it)... or is it just that the battery meter and cut off won't be accurate?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know the reason behind the DNA200's needing a battery profile (csv) ? Is it due to the custom feature of being able to set your desired cut-off?

I only ask b/c in Chinese mods (as we all know) you can pop in any 18650 brand/model and the battery bar works just fine to track remaining charge. Last night I was trying my old INR 25r's to compare to the new HD2Cs, and had loaded a 25r profile. When I ran the batts down, wanted to pop back in the HD2Cs but had already shutdown my computer for the night, so couldn't change batt profiles.

Is there any harm in using the wrong batt profile, (I didn't... I booted back up to switch it)... or is it just that the battery meter and cut off won't be accurate?
No harm at all. The worst thing that might happen is the battery bar not be 100% accurate.

How I believe the discharge CSV for the battery is used is like this:
The DNA200 looks at the watts hours you set and bases the battery bar off of that (How much is used). I believe when it's at rest, it compares the cells voltage to the discharge curve and adjusts the battery bar if needed.
* If you were to put in cells that weren't fully charged that would throw off the WH calculations so the CSV file would allow the mod to correct the battery bar*

It only effects the battery bar. The mod itself shuts down when the cutoff voltage is met. The battery bar is just for us so we have an idea of about how much juice we have left.

The DNA75 doesn't have the watt hours. I believe it goes by the Voltage in the cells for the battery bar and uses the CSV discharge curve in the same way.

I know that's more than you asked for but I hope some of it helped.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No harm at all. The worst thing that might happen is the battery bar not be 100% accurate.

The DNA200 looks at the watts hours you set and bases the battery bar off of that (How much is used). I believe when it's at rest, it compares the cells voltage to the discharge curve and adjusts the battery bar if needed.
* If you were to put in cells that weren't fully charged that would throw off the WH calculations so the CSV file would allow the mod to correct the battery bar*

It only effects the battery bar. The mod itself shuts down when the cutoff voltage is met. The battery bar is just for us so we have an idea of about how much juice we have left.

The DNA75 doesn't have the watt hours. I believe it goes by the Voltage in the cells for the battery bar and uses the CSV discharge curve in the same way.

Cheers,
Steve
Not to jump in,., but it used the curve to treat the bar like your fuel tank in a car.
It knows based on your current settings and the .csv file how much gas is left in the tank.

Other than that, just rock on. evolv does a lot of battery monitoring anyway for safety reasons.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cheers,
Steve
Steve, I never uploaded CSV neither in my VT133 or smy 75 so does that really needed? Just a side note I download your configuration and upload to my mods

Edit: How do we know which CSV is for my Samsung 25R or LG HG2 batteries? Thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve, I never uploaded CSV neither in my VT133 or smy 75 so does that really needed? Just a side note I download your configuration and upload to my mods
See my above answer to 11.

Simple answer is No it isn't really needed for the mod to operate properly. The worst thing to happen by not having the correct CSV file is that the battery bar might not 100% accurate.

Lets think about this for a minute. The CSV files are usually created when the batteries are new, As we cycle them they will show wear and not hold the same capacity. What I'm saying is after awhile, even the correct CSV file will be off.

Now back to my files.
For the VT133 I uploaded the CSV for LG HG2's. That CSV is present.
For the Lavabox DNA75 I included the CSV for Samsung 25R

I did this because those are the batteries I use in the respective mods. I chose the 25R for the LB75 because it's a single cell mod and the battery will be pushed harder than a dual cell mod (VT133) and the same power level. I believe the Samung 25R is capable of pushing out a little more amperage without heating up (compared to the HG2's). Samsung is known to be conservative in their ratings.. I tend to match my batteries to the mod by how hard I think I'm going to be pushing them.

Cheers,
Steve

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See my above answer to 11.

Simple answer is No it isn't really needed for the mod to operate properly. The worst thing to happen by not having the correct CSV file is that the battery bar might not 100% accurate.

Lets think about this for a minute. The CSV files are usually created when the batteries are new, As we cycle them they will show wear and not hold the same capacity. What I'm saying is after awhile, even the correct CSV file will be off.

Now back to my files.
For the VT133 I uploaded the CSV for LG HG2's. That CSV is present.
For the Lavabox DNA75 I included the CSV for Samsung 25R

I did this because those are the batteries I use in the respective mods. I chose the 25R for the LB75 because it's a single cell mod and the battery will be pushed harder than a dual cell mod (VT133) and the same power level. I believe the Samung 25R is capable of pushing out a little more amperage without heating up (compared to the HG2's). Samsung is known to be conservative in their ratings.. I tend to match my batteries to the mod by how hard I think I'm going to be pushing them.

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks for the reply, but here's an other question comes in mind do we need to keep update after a while our CSV file? and if so, how to do that. Thanks

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not more than I asked for, thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Just like to understand features and why they're the way they are...

I know the batt bar is sort of... not all that important in the scheme of things, but I am a little OC when it comes to my electronic devices and like it to be accurate. When I take batts out and pop them in the charger, I have an idea what the remaining voltage s/b depending on what the [mod] bar read.

I have not found a LG HD2C cvs and so was using the generic VTC csv since the HD2Cs are VTC4-compatible. But the batt meter has never been accurate regardless of adjusting watt hours. So started messing with the curve two days ago and finally got it reading much closer, but still have more tweaking to do there,

Meanwhile yesterday I loaded a 25r csv and last night when I pulled those 25r's out I expected them to have a charge of about 3.4v due to the bar reading. Instead they were at 3.59.

That's been the rule with the VT133 in my experience so far...the bar always reads the batts to be lower or more depleted than they actually are. But the only tweak that actually changed the meter was tweaking the curve for some reason. I haven't seen that the watt hours affected the bar, even though what you said makes perfect sense and I'm sure it does work that way. Maybe the curve was just so far off for the HD2Cs that adjusting watt hours couldn't help. Maybe the curve needs to be somewhat accurate, then adjusting watt hours is like fine tuning.. ?? Just guessing... but I adjusted the curve again and will keep testing. These HD2Cs are also "underrated" according to Liion, so probably a combo of things. That is, probably the VTC curve needed adjusting AND watt hours have to be adjusted.

As for the 25r profile also being inaccurate for the bar meter, maybe that particular csv file is also a tad off on the curve.

VU Sponsors