Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, mine says that too, but since it already left Indy, it's possible it might come early. That is unless it goes to Ohio first. Bad things happen to Michigan in that state down south - Go Blue!!!

upload_2016-8-19_22-58-58.png

I'm a bit stump on trying to get the right setting for my 316L coil.

Currently I'm getting great vape using Steve SS430 profile.However I know it's not the right profile as I have dial in down to 325F at 20watts. I'm thinking to keep vaping this way. Will there be any issue using a different TCR(SS430) for a particular metal (SS316).

By doing this, I'll know I'll get a consistent vape that I prefer.

I get a weak vape using SS316L TCR 490F at 20watts.

All this may boil down to the unbranded SS316L wire that I have.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a bit stump on trying to get the right setting for my 316L coil.

Currently I'm getting great vape using Steve SS430 profile.However I know it's not the right profile as I have dial in down to 325F at 20watts. I'm thinking to keep vaping this way. Will there be any issue using a different TCR(SS430) for a particular metal (SS316).

By doing this, I'll know I'll get a consistent vape that I prefer.

I get a weak vape using SS316L TCR 490F at 20watts.

All this may boil down to the unbranded SS316L wire that I have.

It would seem like the TCR of the wire you have is somewhere between SS316 and SS430 (.00092 - .00138). I would try SS304 because that is between the two (closer to 316 though). You may just have to experiment with raising it until you get it just right. Either that or buy some 316 that has the correct TCR (iirc that's not an option). I'm using two different brands of SS316L and the profile is working just fine.

T0cBNE5.jpg

Hi Steve. Yes buying other wire is not an option. I'm having some progress here with .3 coil 20watts 440F on 316L profile. Only difference it's 4/5 wrap from earlier 8/7 wrap.

Will probably bump up the temp slightly.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh, it's possible the bigger coil build was shorting or had a hot leg. For TC I suggest building spaced coils (the wraps not touching each other). Once you get it built, try dry firing at 10-15 watt pulses to make sure the coil(s) are heating evenly from the inside towards the outer wraps.
* This has to be done before you wick it*

Once you get the coils set, wick them,put a little juice on them and assemble the atomizer. Remove the atty from the mod, hit the fire button. Before putting the atty back on the mod make sure the atty is at room temperature so the mod doesn't lock in to high of a resistance. That should go a long way to solving your problems providing your SS316 has the correct TCR.

Cheers,
Steve

Don't think it's shorting...also the difference is the 5 wrap is spaced while the 8wraps were compressed. Did a dry burn on the compressed to get it to burn inside out evenly. For the spaced coil, I didn't bother dry firing , straight wicking.

I'll play around more as I now have a starting point.

Thanks Steve again for your dna file and help

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First report on the 30Q's I bought from GB. I charged up a set to use in a VT133. Drained them yesterday. My settings are 2.8v soft cell cutoff, 35 watts, 75 watts preheat, 5 punch, for 1 second. The coils are Dual SS Claptons (28, 36) in a 7ml Supreme. I charged them after I got the check battery warning. The XTAR charger said they took 2998 and 3007 mah respectively. I'm very impressed. I might have to order 8 more.

In other news USPS sent my mod an hour north of me to Pontiac so I won't get it until Monday :(. In all the time I've ordered stuff online, this is the first time any of my packages have took a detour to Pontiac (The home of the Silvedome for football fans). :headbang:

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First report on the 30Q's I bought from GB. I charged up a set to use in a VT133. Drained them yesterday. My settings are 2.8v soft cell cutoff, 35 watts, 75 watts preheat, 5 punch, for 1 second. The coils are Dual SS Claptons (28, 36) in a 7ml Supreme. I charged them after I got the check battery warning. The XTAR charger said they took 2998 and 3007 mah respectively. I'm very impressed. I might have to order 8 more.

In other news USPS sent my mod an hour north of me to Pontiac so I won't get it until Monday :(. In all the time I've ordered stuff online, this is the first time any of my packages have took a detour to Pontiac (The home of the Silvedome for football fans). :headbang:

Cheers,
Steve
It's on tour.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Cheers,
Steve
It must have gone to visit Tom Bailey's 6 second street legal Camaro at RoadKill Nights in Pontiac last night... :D
002-Woodward-Dream-Cruise-Tom-Bailey-Sick-Seconds-Camaro.jpg

#BecauseRoadKill

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Cheers,
Steve

Sorry to hear about the detour on the mod (looks like we're all being blessed on Monday :D) but good news on the 30Qs. Did you say you were keeping a previous batt profile for them or not using one at all?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear about the detour on the mod (looks like we're all being blessed on Monday :D) but good news on the 30Qs. Did you say you were keeping a previous batt profile for them or not using one at all?
I left the profile I had in for the LG HG2's. They are both 3000mah batteries with near identical performance so I figured what's the use in changing it. It worked out fine.

True to my word, I just cranked out some reviews to earn some GB credits. Grand total for 8 more 30Q's after my over $5 in credits were used was $28 and change. That will tell you just how highly I think of these batteries.

From what I read Mooch is now saying the LG HG2's have had a slight drop in performance over the last few months and rates the 30Q above them. He is also rating them at 20 amps CDR (the only 3000mah batteries rated that high). The Sony VT6's are also rated highly (19 amp CDR). He dropped the HG2's rating to 18 amp CDR. I believe this is just for the newer batches. Basically the batch I have seems to be 20 amp CDR .
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-vs-samsung-30q-vs-sony-vtc6-shootout.757553/

After a short period I will say the 30Q's seem to be performing a hair better than the HG2's. I'm very happy with them.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit if you click on the link - Read The Bottom Line. The 30Q's have the highest CDR and ran the coolest :)

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I left the profile I had in for the LG HG2's. They are both 3000mah batteries with near identical performance so I figured what's the use in changing it. It worked out fine.

True to my word, I just cranked out some reviews to earn some GB credits. Grand total for 8 more 30Q's after my over $5 in credits were used was $28 and change. That will tell you just how highly I think of these batteries.

From what I read Mooch is now saying the LG HG2's have had a slight drop in performance over the last few months and rates the 30Q above them. He is also rating them at 20 amps CDR (the only 3000mah batteries rated that high). The Sony VT6's are also rated highly.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-vs-samsung-30q-vs-sony-vtc6-shootout.757553/

After a short period I will say the 30Q's seem to be performing a hair better than the HG2's. I'm very happy with them.

Cheers,
Steve
101 has the vtc6's in stock. I have a pair enroute to see how they go

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

From what I read Mooch is now saying the LG HG2's have had a slight drop in performance over the last few months and rates the 30Q above them. He is also rating them at 20 amps CDR (the only 3000mah batteries rated that high). The Sony VT6's are also rated highly.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit if you click on the link - Read The Bottom Line. The 30Q's have the highest CDR and ran the coolest :)

Great to hear. I'm really looking forward to receiving mine! The HD2Cs are ok... about on par with the 25r's from my experience. I can see I'll be needing a bunch of plastic battery cases!

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cheers,
Steve

I Lucked out for once in my life:cheers:

View attachment 59571

Attachments

• steve.png
    steve.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 24

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great to hear. I'm really looking forward to receiving mine! The HD2Cs are ok... about on par with the 25r's from my experience. I can see I'll be needing a bunch of plastic battery cases!
That depends, the last batch of 25R's and HG2's I received from GB came in some nice cases. The 30Q's I just received came in a sturdy Cardboard box sectioned into 8 compartments. :cheers:

IMG_20160430_184303_zps7m5ex1wg.jpg

IMG_20160820_131849.jpg IMG_20160820_141012.jpg

Edit The difference being I ordered two 4 packs each of the 25R's and HG2's and an 8 pack of the 30Q's.

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That depends, the last batch of 25R's and HG2's I received from GB came in some nice cases. The 30Q's I just received came in a sturdy Cardboard box sectioned into 8 compartments. :cheers:

IMG_20160430_184303_zps7m5ex1wg.jpg

View attachment 59572 View attachment 59573

Edit The difference being I ordered two 4 packs each of the 25R's and HG2's and an 8 pack of the 30Q's.
I wish I would have waited but I just received my 8 hg2s 2 weeks ago. I really wanna buy some 30q. I didn't know about mooches latest tests. Good to know for future purchases. Thanks for sharing..

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I would have waited but I just received my 8 hg2s 2 weeks ago. I really wanna buy some 30q. I didn't know about mooches latest tests. Good to know for future purchases. Thanks for sharing..
You are welcome my friend. I really try to not posts links to there, here. I made an exception because I think that information affects a lot of people in this thread. On top of that Mooch is well respected. I don't make a habit out of it. I only do it if I think it's important information that I can't find a link to elsewhere. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Cheers,
Steve
You can put me on the list of receiving vapemail Monday. I thought I might get it today but Monday it is. I ordered the blood red lavabox and I'm so excited for Monday. I talked to them and they said they should have the 1300mah kit in stock in about 2 weeks. I couldn't wait because I wanted to order them together.

I really have a purchasing problem. I got my first DNA mod 2 and a half months ago which was a vt133. Since then I have purchased a total of 8 dnas. And I'm now looking at purchasing a boss 3000 from vaporized nomads. It has a 1850mah built in lipo and you can get mill work, custom etching, and even a stab wood model. Price tag is kinda steep at 300..

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can put me on the list of receiving vapemail Monday. I thought I might get it today but Monday it is. I ordered the blood red lavabox and I'm so excited for Monday. I talked to them and they said they should have the 1300mah kit in stock in about 2 weeks. I couldn't wait because I wanted to order them together.

I really have a purchasing problem. I got my first DNA mod 2 and a half months ago which was a vt133. Since then I have purchased a total of 8 dnas. And I'm now looking at purchasing a boss 3000 from vaporized nomads. It has a 1850mah built in lipo and you can get mill work, custom etching, and even a stab wood model. Price tag is kinda steep at 300..
If you need the Ecig file for the DNA200 LB let me know. I really think you are going to like it. They are comfortable in hand and look damn nice to boot! :cheers:

PS Since I have other options if I need long runtimes, I still haven't installed my 1300mah extension kits. Who knows you might be happy in it's 900mah form. I waited until they were running a holiday sale to order mine.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I saw Vaping Fagan review that box. Not a big fan of lipo mods but that looks saahweeet. Really tempted to do a custom order on this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that box does look awesome!!!
I sure hope so for $500. All 6 of my VT133's cost less than that :eek:. I think my 5 DNA200 3s lipos mods barely cost more all put together (well maybe $600, but that's a serious chunk of change). It still has that flat out boxy shape (I'm personally over that) and I'm assuming if it's really a 3s 1850mah. It's going to be relatively big and heavy.
https://vaporized-nomads.myshopify....s-mod/products/stab-wood-boss-3000-dna200-mod

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I sure hope so for $500. All 6 of my VT133's cost less than that :eek:. I think my 5 DNA200 3s lipos mods barely cost more all put together (well maybe $600, but that's a serious chunk of change). It still has that flat out boxy shape (I'm personally over that) and I'm assuming if it's really a 3s 1850mah. It's going to be relatively big and heavy.
https://vaporized-nomads.myshopify....s-mod/products/stab-wood-boss-3000-dna200-mod

Cheers,
Steve
Stab wood though ... those are already expensive.
Would love one of the regular 300s ! especially in comparison to say a prorape radius. - about the same price.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They also make an XL version with a 3000mah lipo. That one is rather big but the regular boss 3000 can be had for under 300 and isn't bigger than a lava box with 1300mah extender kit. Really surprising how small it is for having a 1850 lipo.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you need the Ecig file for the DNA200 LB let me know. I really think you are going to like it. They are comfortable in hand and look damn nice to boot! :cheers:

PS Since I have other options if I need long runtimes, I still haven't installed my 1300mah extension kits. Who knows you might be happy in it's 900mah form. I waited until they were running a holiday sale to order mine.

Cheers,
Steve
And I will definitely let you know when I get my lavabox. More than likely I'll need it. Thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it's just me but when I looked at the picture it reminded me of my IPV3 Li with 2 stab wood panels. That thing is like carrying around a brick. I really don't like that style at all (just my personal preference).

I bought my Lavabox's on sale. The first one cost me more (at the time DNA200 mods were more expensive). I got it with a 15% coupon for ~$144. The Blood Red I bought with a 20% sale and with the points I had from the Black one, it cost $130. That's $274 for both of them (Those are my most expensive mods by the way - I'm a good shopper). That includes 2 chips - 1800mah combined. I guess it's all how you look at things (I realize I can be a PITA :devil:). They all use the same chip.

L to R Ipv3 Li, Asolo This pic is for the guys that love the Asolo :giggle:
IMG_20150918_152406_zpszkwtu4bc.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't know. I have issues mocking someone for paying to much for something.
Granted ive knocked the prorape but its more knocking them for their ridiculous engineering claims

I've spent as little as 10$ on a mod and as much as 250$.
Whatever someone chooses to spend is on them.
In the case of, provape, vaporshark, hexohm and this company here, you are buying a mod with support. Provape is a one year warranty, vaporshark is a warranty and service. hexohm and this company are both custom option and a LIFETIME warranty.

i use my uinder 50 dollar dna, my 200 dollar dna and the box i built all equally. i cant knock anyone that chooses to drop the coin.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess it's just me but when I looked at the picture it reminded me of my IPV3 Li with 2 stab wood panels. That thing is like carrying around a brick. I really don't like that style at all (just my personal preference).

I bought my Lavabox's on sale. The first one cost me more (at the time DNA200 mods were more expensive). I got it with a 15% coupon for ~$144. The Blood Red I bought with a 20% sale and with the points I had from the Black one, it cost $130. That's $274 for both of them (Those are my most expensive mods by the way - I'm a good shopper). That includes 2 chips - 1800mah combined. I guess it's all how you look at things (I realize I can be a PITA :devil:). They all use the same chip.

L to R Ipv3 Li, Asolo This pic is for the guys that love the Asolo :giggle:
IMG_20150918_152406_zpszkwtu4bc.jpg

When do the Lavabox's usally go on sale? 130.00 sounds like a great deal:D I am a cheap bastard:giggle:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When do the Lavabox's usally go on sale? 130.00 sounds like a great deal:D I am a cheap bastard:giggle:
I got the 20% off sale on Presidents day. That would be ~$136 but every time you buy something you get discount points. I had about $6 worth so it cost me ~$130. Every time I but something from them I use the points from the last purchase. Most holidays they have a 15-20% off code (I can always find a 10% off code). I'm hoping for one on Labor Day.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know. I have issues mocking someone for paying to much for something.
Granted ive knocked the prorape but its more knocking them for their ridiculous engineering claims

I've spent as little as 10$ on a mod and as much as 250$.
Whatever someone chooses to spend is on them.
In the case of, provape, vaporshark, hexohm and this company here, you are buying a mod with support. Provape is a one year warranty, vaporshark is a warranty and service. hexohm and this company are both custom option and a LIFETIME warranty.

i use my uinder 50 dollar dna, my 200 dollar dna and the box i built all equally. i cant knock anyone that chooses to drop the coin.
I wasn't knocking/mocking anyone. I was saying the way I look at things and acknowledged I could be a PITA. If you took it that way, that's not the way it was intended. I'm allowed to have opinions just like we all are. I was just saying what it reminded me of personally.

If I offended anyone, I apologize!.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the 20% off sale on Presidents day. That would be ~$136 but every time you buy something you get discount points. I had about $6 worth so it cost me ~$130. Every time I but something from them I use the points from the last purchase. Most holidays they have a 15-20% off code (I can always find a 10% off code). I'm hoping for one on Labor Day.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks....I really need that Blood Red DNA200 in my collection:giggle: The black with the purple cover would look sweet also:crazy: :D

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I used the 10% off coupon code that Steve shot me on my lavabox purchase. It came to 152 bucks if I'm not mistaken. Maybe it was 152.99 but anyways I got free shipping so all in all not bad. I was going to wait until a holiday sale but I'm very impatient. So paying a little more was not a big deal in order to get it now. Can't wait to get that thing in my hands. The blood red color looks so sexy.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks....I really need that Blood Red DNA200 in my collection:giggle: The black with the purple cover would look sweet also:crazy: :D
I was just on volcanoecigs site just looking around and there out of stock on the blood red dna200. Luckily I ordered mine just in time. I might have gotten the last one..lol I'm pretty sure they'll get more but for now there oos.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wasn't knocking/mocking anyone. I was saying the way I look at things and acknowledged I could be a PITA. If you took it that way, that's not the way it was intended. I'm allowed to have opinions just like we all are. I was just saying what it reminded me of personally.

If I offended anyone, I apologize!.
I wasn't accusing anyone. if you feel that way I apologize.

I spent the first year of vaping in the provape sub, I've seen the douchebaggery and self righteousness over a stupid inanimate object oozing from every pore, to the point of being separatists.
Just don't want to see that happen in this place.

Last edited:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just on volcanoecigs site just looking around and there out of stock on the blood red dna200. Luckily I ordered mine just in time. I might have gotten the last one..lol I'm pretty sure they'll get more but for now there oos.

That's ok. I have more time than money right now:giggle: Hopefully Labor day they have them back in stock:cheers:

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that Blood Red can be tricky. I think a few of us bought the Blood Red 75 recently and posted pics. That probably caused some people to grab the Blood Red DNA200 as well. I also have a Black LB DNA200. In my opinion the Blood Red puts the Black one to shame. Again IMO, there is just something about the Blood Red Lavaboxes that I really like! (funny thing is, they are my only Red mods).

@BoostAddict Do you want to hear something funny/weird/strange (depending on your point of view). All week when I was working I took my VT133's out and about. Today I'm sitting at home and I'm using the BR LB75. That's the opposite of the way it should be. I just don't want to get the BR LB75 dinged up :crazy:. I never baby my mods except the BR LB's. I think I need another one, even then I'd probably still take the VT133 out and about :D:giggle:.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Someone asked me so asking here please advice. What happen if less capacity of battery use ? (For instance 25w 420F tc with 0.50 ohms ) mostly people talk about don't go over the battery capacity, so is there any minimum limit? If so What are disadvantages? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone asked me so asking here please advice. What happen if less capacity of battery use ? (For instance 25w 420F tc with 0.50 ohms ) mostly people talk about don't go over the battery capacity, so is there any minimum limit? If so What are disadvantages? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Capacity of the battery is referring to the mah hours. I think what you are referring to is the CDR or constant amp discharge rating.

In a regulated mod your coils resistance doesn't have anything to do with current draw. You set the power you want, the chip sees the voltage present from the batteries and then draws the amount of current it needs from the batteries to reach the power level you dial up. The chip then steps up or down the voltage and does the inverse to the current to supply the power to the coil.
*DNA200 chips are buck only meaning they only step down the voltage and step up the current*

The VT 133 is a dual series mod so fully changed the chip has 8.4V applied. Fully discharged ~6v. To see the current draw, take the wattage (power) you dial up and / it by the voltage. (25w/6v = 4.2amps) Most of the batteries we use have a 20 amp CDR rating so that would be well under that. As the cells discharge, the voltage drops, the current draw goes up.

As the mah (capacity) of the cell increases the CDR (amp rating) decreases. It's a balancing act. You want to select a cell with a high enough CDR but one that also has a decent amount of capacity. I think 20 amp CDR cells are a good balance between CDR and capacity..

Short answer is a 20 amp cell is good for ~120 watts in a dual battery DNA. It's good for about 180 watts in a triple battery DNA (throughout the run/worst case scenario when the batteries are fully discharged).

Here's a link to a very good article on the best batteries for vaping written by Mooch:
http://vaping360.com/top-5-18650-batteries-for-vaping/

Ohm's_law_formula_wheel.JPG

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up. I just re-uploaded the Lavabox M DNA75 Ecig file. I started looking at the case thermals and wondered if they were exactly right. The day I ran then it was extremely hot in my PC room at the start (87F or so). As the test was running the room cooled off substantially.

I decided to rerun the test today. The weather is much nicer (75F) and stable. The numbers were different enough to make me re-upload the file.

Old Thermals
upload_2016-8-21_14-55-34.png

New Thermals
upload_2016-8-21_14-56-36.png

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors