Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Capacity of the battery is referring to the mah hours. I think what you are referring to is the CDR or constant amp discharge rating.

In a regulated mod your coils resistance doesn't have anything to do with current draw. You set the power you want, the chip sees the voltage present from the batteries and then draws the amount of current it needs from the batteries to reach the power level you dial up. The chip then steps up or down the voltage and does the inverse to the current to supply the power to the coil.
*DNA200 chips are buck only meaning they only step down the voltage and step up the current*

The VT 133 is a dual series mod so fully changed the chip has 8.4V applied. Fully discharged ~6v. To see the current draw, take the wattage (power) you dial up and / it by the voltage. (25w/6v = 4.2amps) Most of the batteries we use have a 20 amp CDR rating so that would be well under that. As the cells discharge, the voltage drops, the current draw goes up.

As the mah (capacity) of the cell increases the CDR (amp rating) decreases. It's a balancing act. You want to select a cell with a high enough CDR but one that also has a decent amount of capacity. I think 20 amp CDR cells are a good balance between CDR and capacity..

Short answer is a 20 amp cell is good for ~120 watts in a dual battery DNA. It's good for about 180 watts in a triple battery DNA (throughout the run/worst case scenario when the batteries are fully discharged).

Here's a link to a very good article on the best batteries for vaping written by Mooch:
http://vaping360.com/top-5-18650-batteries-for-vaping/

Ohm's_law_formula_wheel.JPG
Thanks a lot really appreciated

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just a heads up. I just re-uploaded the Lavabox M DNA75 Ecig file. I started looking at the case thermals and wondered if they were exactly right. The day I ran then it was extremely hot in my PC room at the start (87F or so). As the test was running the room cooled off substantially.

I decided to rerun the test today. The weather is much nicer (75F) and stable. The numbers were different enough to make me re-upload the file.

Old Thermals
View attachment 59677

New Thermals
View attachment 59678

Cheers,
Steve
Did mine also and my numbers were way different from your first numbers, and even more so on your recent numbers.
upload_2016-8-21_16-19-34.png

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last bit of housekeeping for the day. I redid the VT133 file and uploaded. No major changes. Just a new screen. Moved some profiles around. Adjusted a few power levels and preheats. Basically cleaned it up. I loaded it to all my VT133's and figured I should add it here. I deleted the old ones.

PS I've been cleaning up all my mods today and upgrading them. Saving the ecig files when I'm done.
@Nevweezy I have a sweet one for the Lavabox DNA200 if you need it.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: The profiles are now as follows for both files:
Profile 1. Power Mode
Profile 2. SS430
Profile 3. SS316L
Profile 4. SS317L
Profile 5. SS304
Profile 6. Nife52
Profile 7. Titanium Grade1.
Profile 8. Ni200

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Last bit of housekeeping for the day. I redid the VT133 file and uploaded. No major changes. Just a new screen. Moved some profiles around. Adjusted a few power levels and preheats. Basically cleaned it up. I loaded it to all my VT133's and figured I should add it here. I deleted the old ones.

PS I've been cleaning up all my mods today and upgrading them. Saving the ecig files when I'm done.
@Nevweezy I have a sweet one for the Lavabox DNA200 if you need it.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: The profiles are now as follows for both files:
Profile 1. Power Mode
Profile 2. SS430
Profile 3. SS316L
Profile 4. SS317L
Profile 5. SS304
Profile 6. Nife52
Profile 7. Titanium Grade1.
Profile 8. Ni200
Yes I will most likely need it steve. I should have it tomorrow so I'll let you know. Thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've come to the conclusion I could do that test 10 times and get different results each time. I think it comes down to how hot it is in your house, if the mod was used recently (mine wasn't this time), how accurate you are inputting room temperature, how much airflow is around the mod, how stable is the temp of the room, etc. I also think each mod might be slightly different.

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've come to the conclusion I could do that test 10 times and get different results each time. I think it comes down to how hot it is in your house, if the mod was used recently (mine wasn't this time), how accurate you are inputting room temperature, how much airflow is around the mod, how stable is the temp of the room, etc. I also think each mod might be slightly different.

Cheers,
Steve

I agree 100%. I haven't used mine for a day. I went off the Escribe "Device Monitor" room temp.. YMMV

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I think each mod is different as I have run the case thermals on each and they all have different results.
I've always taken mods before they have been vaped for the day, I use a good thermostat that I have in the room, I use batteries that are 50%.
None are within 10% of another.
Here's one example:
CA.PNG

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think each mod is different as I have run the case thermals on each and they all have different results.
I've always taken mods before they have been vaped for the day, I use a good thermostat that I have in the room, I use batteries that are 50%.
None are within 10% of another.
Here's one example:
View attachment 59738
I meant I think I could do that test 10 times on the exact same mod and get different results each time. The two I posted were done on the same mod with different conditions in the testing room when they were done.

Cheers,
Steve

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I meant I think I could do that test 10 times on the exact same mod and get different results each time. The two I posted were done on the same mod with different conditions in the testing room when they were done.

I'm very very disappointed in how little you give Steven! Why, if you put forth a little effort, you could be an above average achiever. As it is, always an excuse, never completing any task you take on. What have you done lately? Just configure and test a few mods, tanks, wires. Put a few short files for setup of DNA devices out for others, give great advice on this and that. Do you call that 'Giving 100%'? Hmm?

Now, I want you to go thermal test each device until they all agree. No milk or cookies until you do! :)

I wonder what difference then the thermal testing makes? I can attest that it does make a difference though on the mods I've run it on.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vape Mail Day. The set is finally complete! :)

She's a Rainbow
small-rainbow.gif

IMG_20160822_185120_zpscu3j5d8w.jpg

IMG_20160822_185438_zpsbotifk7k.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

No silver/black? :giggle: Seriously, I knew that was going to be the Stones when I saw a YT link. :D Very lovely assortment there my friend. :cheers:

I also got the black/yellow VT133 today and love the rubbery feel of the yellow sled as it's like the IPV4S black sled. Have a black Griffin so put it on the new black VT133 but.... CANNOT REMOVE THE 510 DRIP TIP ADAPTER FROM THE GRIFFIN! Argh! I never use wide bore, but my go-to 510 tip is on the other VT133/Aromamizer.... so figured I'd stick the WBDT on the Griffin but have literally spent the last HOUR trying to get it out. I have it wedged between ice packs now to see if that will help.
:gaah::cuss2::xD:

EDIT: Ice worked. :D

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think it looks pretty nice also !

I also noticed Gingervaper is offering a few new mods including ones with DNA250 and a YIHI SX550J (actually has a SS temp setting ). I wonder who else will offer mods with these boards ?

https://gingervaper.com/product-category/vvvw-mods-batteries/boxer/boxer-mod-classic/
For me personally, i have no use for the new 250 board with the exception of the 2a charging. Even that is not much to convince me I need it. I don't yihi, but sure it's nice...I'm too cheap for a boxer. Would like to have one though...I seriously hope Think Vape really has this coming. That, I need.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No silver/black? :giggle: Seriously, I knew that was going to be the Stones when I saw a YT link. :D Very lovely assortment there my friend. :cheers:

I also got the black/yellow VT133 today and love the rubbery feel of the yellow sled as it's like the IPV4S black sled. Have a black Griffin so put it on the new black VT133 but.... CANNOT REMOVE THE 510 DRIP TIP ADAPTER FROM THE GRIFFIN! Argh! I never use wide bore, but my go-to 510 tip is on the other VT133/Aromamizer.... so figured I'd stick the WBDT on the Griffin but have literally spent the last HOUR trying to get it out. I have it wedged between ice packs now to see if that will help.
:gaah::cuss2::xD:

EDIT: Ice worked. :D
Even though Ecig has a picture of a Silver frame with Black Battery cover, they never carried it. Theirs is a Black frame with Silver cover. How do I know this you ask: Because I bought it and later asked them about it.

I believe Vape NW has that one. Heck if I really wanted to get crazy, I'd need 6 Silver frames and a different color cover for each one of those as well :eek: :cheers:

PS I would like a Silver frame to put the Silver cover on. I just wasn't willing to pay $20 extra to have it :p:D

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For me personally, i have no use for the new 250 board with the exception of the 2a charging. Even that is not much to convince me I need it. I don't yihi, but sure it's nice...I'm too cheap for a boxer. Would like to have one though...I seriously hope Think Vape really has this coming. That, I need.

I believe Vapin Fagan said the IPV6X has the 316 SS setting on it.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree about the Think Vape. I started a thread on the DNA75 Think Vape Finder, as you know. I've heard rumors, but nothing substantiated yet. Same with the 133 watt Therion, lots of rumors. Gives us something to talk about though :teehee::D

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even though Ecig has a picture of a Silver frame with Black Battery cover, they never carried it. There's is a Black frame with Silver cover. How do I know this you ask: Because I bought it and later asked them about it.

I believe Vape NW has that one. Heck if I really wanted to get crazy, I'd need 6 Silver frames and a different color cover for each one of those as well :eek: :cheers:

PS I would like a Silver frame to put the Silver cover on. I just wasn't willing to pay $20 extra to have it :p:D

Cheers,
Steve

LOL...the colored sleds don't really look good on the silver VT133 imo, only the black sled. (EDIT: And yeah, the silver would look cool.) I got mine from Eciggity but it's also the silver/black that GB carries... not that you need another! :D

So after using the VT133 a few weeks now (month or more?) I have only one mod change I'd personally prefer on it... that the 510 connection was on the opposite end, away from the buttons/screen. The IPV4S is like that and it's much less prone to get juice anywhere near the buttons or screen.

When I screwed the Griffin on, the AF holes are exactly in front/back vs side/side. That means vapor/spitting/condensation will be accumulating/potentially dribbling out the AFC hole right down on to the fire button. If the tank were on the other end it wouldn't be an issue. (Or would also help if the AF holes ended up on either side instead of front/back!) Not that I'm going to use the Griffin much. But in general it makes more sense to have the tank away from the buttons.

Otherwise it's a nice little mod. Esp for the money. Noticed the black one is finished inside in the batt compartment (i.e. painted)... my silver one is unfinished in there.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL...the colored sleds don't really look good on the silver VT133 imo, only the black sled. (EDIT: And yeah, the silver would look cool.) I got mine from Eciggity but it's also the silver/black that GB carries... not that you need another! :D

So after using the VT133 a few weeks now (month or more?) I have only one mod change I'd personally prefer on it... that the 510 connection was on the opposite end, away from the buttons/screen. The IPV4S is like that and it's much less prone to get juice anywhere near the buttons or screen.

When I screwed the Griffin on, the AF holes are exactly in front/back vs side/side. That means vapor/spitting/condensation will be accumulating/potentially dribbling out the AFC hole right down on to the fire button. If the tank were on the other end it wouldn't be an issue. (Or would also help if the AF holes ended up on either side instead of front/back!) Not that I'm going to use the Griffin much. But in general it makes more sense to have the tank away from the buttons.

Otherwise it's a nice little mod. Esp for the money. Noticed the black one is finished inside in the batt compartment (i.e. painted)... my silver one is unfinished in there.
I think the reason they put the 510 on the board side is because if the put it on the battery side the mod would have to be taller (Is the IPV4S taller?). I think they were trying to make it relatively compact. They also had to fit the reverse polarity protection daughter board in, thankfully!
PS I've never had juice on my screen or buttons. I've had some condensation on the top though.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the reason they put the 510 on the board side is because if the put it on the battery side the mod would have to be taller (Is the IPV4S taller?). I think they were trying to make it relatively compact. They also had to fit the reverse polarity protection daughter board in, thankfully!
PS I've never had juice on my screen or buttons. I've had some condensation on the top though.

Yes, the IPV4S is taller by about 1/2". Also lighter. (And also has reverse polarity protection of course.) I hear you about making the VT133 compact as I know that's an important feature to many who want to slip it in a pocket. I don't personally need my mods to be mobile. Also, another hazard with having it over the buttons, is ME. I pour juice directly from the 120ml bottle into the tank and within 48 hrs of owning the first VT133, had juice drip down the buttons from an out of control pour. Right down over the fire button, screen, and over the down/up buttons. One fat drip. :D Luckily no problems resulted.

upload_2016-8-22_20-39-59.png

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After seeing how the Griffin sits on the VT133 (not that that was a big deal on its own, but it comes on the heels of a laundry list of things I personally see as drawbacks with the DNA mods vs YiHI), I believe I will sell the black/yellow VT133 I got yesterday, and just hang on to my original VT133 for now. (Wouldn't normally announce that but don't want to seem deceptive if someone happens to see the ad.) There are many things I like about this mod, and am really glad I own one, but also like the YiHi.

EDIT: Might wait until the IPV6X comes out before selling the extra VT133.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After seeing how the Griffin sits on the VT133 (not that that was a big deal on its own, but it comes on the heels of a laundry list of things I personally see as drawbacks with the DNA mods vs YiHI), I believe I will sell the black/yellow VT133 I got yesterday, and just hang on to my original VT133 for now. (Wouldn't normally announce that but don't want to seem deceptive if someone happens to see the ad.) There are many things I like about this mod, and am really glad I own one, but also like the YiHi.
Dna, Yihi, and FSK are my favorites and pretty much all I buy. For me the other boards just don't cut it in tc. I do like Innokin's Aethon board but they need to do a power upgrade on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like Yihi a lot better if they used DC-DC instead of PFM in TC. I don't like the pulsing effect I get with Yihi in TC. I think in power mode it's a great chip. The only problem with that is, I only use TC.

The best thing about vaping is there are lots of choices. Something for everyone out there.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dna, Yihi, and FSK are my favorites and pretty much all I buy. For me the other boards just don't cut it in tc. I do like Innokin's Aethon board but they need to do a power upgrade on it.

Never had an FSK mod. But I don't have a single complaint about the YiHi ...with the big gnarly exception that if you are one of the unlucky few percent who get a bad mod, forget about customer service. That's a huge plus with the DNA mods.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Never had an FSK mod. But I don't have a single complaint about the YiHi ...with the big gnarly exception that if you are one of the unlucky few percent who get a bad mod, forget about customer service. That's a huge plus with the DNA mods.
the FSk chip is pretty awesome. easy to use, all the options are on board, and it temp controls kenthal really well

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would like Yihi a lot better if they used DC-DC instead of PFM in TC. I don't like the pulsing effect I get with Yihi in TC. I think in power mode it's a great chip. The only problem with that is, I only use TC.

I only use TC too (well when I switched to SS I used power mode on the YiHi until I got the VT133). I never noticed the pulse effect myself when using TC for Ni201 on the Yihi. But we'll see with the IPV6X in SS mode. I might end up preferring the VT133. Never know.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the FSk chip is pretty awesome. easy to use, all the options are on board, and it temp controls kenthal really well
Love both my Slice and G2. These regs have really pissed me off when it comes to Hohmtech. They were doing some ground breaking innovative stuff and now that all stops. I was so hoping they were going to do a triple 18650 mod or a better looking, sleeker dual 18650. Oh well, if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Love both my Slice and G2. These regs have really pissed me off when it comes to Hohmtech. They were doing some ground breaking innovative stuff and now that all stops. I was so hoping they were going to do a triple 18650 mod or a better looking, sleeker dual 18650. Oh well, if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Yeah, case the FDA crap, I don't think we are gonna get anything better then the FSK or DNA for a long time.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

These regs have really pissed me off when it comes to vaping, period. They basically put an end to innovation, whether it be Evolv, Hometech, etc. Make no mistake about it, these are designed to end vaping as we know it. The end game seems to be only to have closed systems (1ml cartridges) controlled by BT. That way we have to go to the store and buy new cartridges like we did packs of smokes.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit They are also designed to stop current smokers from switching to vaping in the first place. Put enough hurdles in the way and most people will choose the easier path to get their Nicotine. It's disgusting on so many levels! Just my opinions.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
These regs have really pissed me off when it comes to vaping, period. They basically put an end to innovation, whether it be Evolv, Hometech, etc. Make no mistake about it, these are designed to end vaping as we know it. The end game seems to be only to have closed systems (1ml cartridges) controlled by BT. That way we have to go to the store and buy new cartridges like we did packs of smokes.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit They are also designed to stop current smokers from switching to vaping in the first place. Put enough hurdles in the way and most people will choose the easier path to get their Nicotine. It's disgusting on so many levels! Just my opinions.
It's stupid that it's easier to buy nicotine gun, cigars, or cigs then it is to buy ecigs

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But since China is not bound by the FDA rules, innovation will at least continue on that front? I know... it's the US companies that that get screwed. But at least ppl will continue to keep vaping as long as companies like FT and GB continue to ship to the US. I wonder if the FDA can screw that up? Like restrict the items [shipped here from China] based on them being vape items?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah, pisses me off too.

I know you mentioned Hohmtech was looking to license out the FSK chip to other mfg's. I had dreams of a Therion with a FSK board dancing in my head....sigh.

The only yihi chip I have is in the IPV5 but it is a very nice vape. Pretty much just use the DNA and FSK mods mostly now.

A friend of mine made a comment on the G2 he bought from me. He said in xXx mode it is like vaping in power mode until you run out of juice and it ramps down. No wonder I like it so much, I was about 90% power mode user until the G2 and now I use xXx mode 100% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But since China is not bound by the FDA rules, innovation will at least continue on that front? I know... it's the US companies that that get screwed. But at least ppl will continue to keep vaping as long as companies like FT and GB continue to ship to the US. I wonder if the FDA can screw that up? Like restrict the items [shipped here from China] based on them being vape items?
If this BS continues US companies will be forced to shut down. I bet some of them will just move operations to China, maybe in a partnership. I am wondering if the design portion can still be done here as independent contractors for Chinese company's. Maybe designers will just take trips to China and do all the work there, I dont know. What I am pretty confident about though is China finding a way around this, they pretty much don't give a fuck.

Soon we will all be posting our flashlight mail pics on the flashlightundergound. "Hey peeps, Mike Flashlights here with the new dual 18650's flashlight with interchangeable bulb heads on this nifty 510 connection with a DNA250 flashlight chip"

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK this will probably piss some people off, but here goes.

The innovation has basically come from Evolv. They are the ones that introduced and pioneered TC. The others just basically reversed engineered it. If Evolv doesn't have any new innovations, they won't have anything to reverse engineer. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: I believe Evolv came up with VV/VW for Ecigs as well

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The innovation has basically come from Evolv. They are the ones that introduced and pioneered TC. The others just basically reversed engineered it. If Evolv doesn't have and new innovations, they won't have anything to reverse engineer. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Steve
Not sure why anyone would be pissed by your statement, it's true.

I am sure China realises the importance of Evolv, that is why they release so many mods with evolv chips. If the FDA BS is upheld I am hoping they will find a way to keep Evolv and it's development team working. That would mean finding a way to design and mfg the boards out side of the US. Great job FDA, killing US companies and forcing them to move outside the US if they wish to survive.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The innovation has basically come from Evolv. They are the ones that introduced and pioneered TC. The others just basically reversed engineered it. If Evolv doesn't have and new innovations, they won't have anything to reverse engineer. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Steve

Why would that piss anyone off? A Chinese man invented the electronic cigarette. Evolv invented TC. There's plenty of credit to go around. I am not "cheering" China per se, just pointing out with the FDA stomping on the USA's face, vapers need vape gear and we only have one choice left. Which is better than no choice. I don't know if China is motivated to do actual innovation, or is content with where things are at now. But if we had to stall out somewhere, it's much better we are stalling out at this point with TC and manual TCR (to use new wire types)... than if the FDA did this a few years back.

EDIT: Not that the FDA regs will withstand the lawsuit! B/c I don't think they can...

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If this BS continues US companies will be forced to shut down. I bet some of them will just move operations to China, maybe in a partnership. I am wondering if the design portion can still be done here as independent contractors for Chinese company's. Maybe designers will just take trips to China and do all the work there, I dont know.

I wonder if Evolv could open an "office" in ANY other country... even Canada... and continue to work here through that office (electronically)... then sell their new mods through FT and GB, etc.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
depends. gearbest has a lot of non vaping stuff on their site. would be impossible to regualte. Fastec is all vaping stuff so they could have issues. Sadly sites like ecig.com which has great deals is out of the USA and this could screw us on this under 80 bucks VT133 we get

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

BTW I don't believe that will ever happen, not for a second. The market for vape gear (not cartridges) already exists. It cannot be abolished anymore than prohibition abolished alcohol. Where a market demands product, manuf's will supply it. One way or another. Can't go backwards. Can't put the genie back in the bottle. Heck, pot was illegal for how many years, (and still is in most states) and that didn't stop it. Or slow it down. In fact it didn't slow down the evolution of pot either. (Refining strains, etc.) Which is another point... medicinal pot can be bought in eliquid and vaped. This is bigger than BT. And it ain't going away. It's headed in the opposite direction.

VU Sponsors