Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great price from a great vendor. You won't be selling them anytime soon. Just use the xxx mode and adjust the FSK Curve and you'll love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

If i have any questions i will definitely hit you up! I got the xxx mode, but the FSK Curves is the part i have to learn:cheers:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If i have any questions i will definitely hit you up! I got the xxx mode, but the FSK Curves is the part i have to learn:cheers:
Np bro, I got your 6. Feel free to hit me up on any questions you may have on this mod. You're going to be suprised at how hard she hits for a regulated mod. Good to know I'm not the only one that orders in 2's. Even #'s bro. Lmao.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get they are supposed to TC any wire. My DNA's TC every wire but Kanthal. Since I don't use Kanthal, I'm not sure what they would do for me that my DNA's can't. Plus when you have to set a curve until you like the way it tastes, that always struck me as taste control instead of Temp Control. I have an Asolo that does that.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I get they are supposed to TC any wire. My DNA's TC every wire but Kanthal. Since I don't use Kanthal, I'm not sure what they would do for me that my DNA's can't. Plus when you have to set a curve until you like the way it tastes, that always struck me as taste control instead of Temp Control. I have an Asolo that does that.

Cheers,
Steve
I hear ya, but it's not just the TC. It does indeed tc anything. Some people who aren't computer savy and like being able to adjust things on the mod. Then there's the build quality. Yes it's a box but the build quality is simply awesome. This thing is built like a brick shit house. Then there's the customer service. Hohmtech's CS is pretty damn good. Combine all those things into a mod for less than $65 and you got a winner.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cheers,
Steve

I could care less about Kanthal TC myself:cheers: I am more interested in the SS and Nife wires in TC :p

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I could care less about Kanthal TC myself:cheers: I am more interested in the SS and Nife wires in TC :p
Yeah, I only use SS 316 but once in a while I buy a tank and the stock coils are Kanthal so I use them. Once you get used to the FSK Curve you'll be able to dial it in real quickly especially if your only using 2 different types of wire.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve

The DNA chips are more accurate and refined, the FSK chips are probably better suited for people who are more mech mod or power mode users. I was a power mode user about 90% of the time, just suited my vape style better until I got my first G2, now I use xxx mode 100% of the time and it hits like a hammer. I love my DNA's too and use them for a more refined and smooth vape but when I just need to go all out it is the G2 I reach for. All my other non DNA and FSK mods I use in power mode most of the time, there usually the beaters I take on the road with me.

The difference with the DNA and FSK chips comes down to vape style more than anything. If I had to guess I would say the G2 might not be for you Steve based on what you like and there is nothing wrong with that, who best to determine your vape style other than you. For me it just depends on my mood which mod I reach for but since I am an aggressive bastage most of the time the FSK mods get a little more use.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I only use SS 316 but once in a while I buy a tank and the stock coils are Kanthal so I use them. Once you get used to the FSK Curve you'll be able to dial it in real quickly especially if your only using 2 different types of wire.

For a forgetful fool like me that is why I love the xxx mode, I don't have to remember what kind of wire is in a tank, it works for ALL wires, just have to adjust my FSK curve.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

As I've found with the CW SS430, sometimes you have to play with things until its what you like.
I have a G2 and I like the vape from it. Just not quite there comfort-wise, it's a box alright.
If that was the mod I started mods with, I'd have several though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The DNA chips are more accurate and refined, the FSK chips are probably better suited for people who are more mech mod or power mode users. I was a power mode user about 90% of the time, just suited my vape style better until I got my first G2, now I use xxx mode 100% of the time and it hits like a hammer. I love my DNA's too and use them for a more refined and smooth vape but when I just need to go all out it is the G2 I reach for. All my other non DNA and FSK mods I use in power mode most of the time, there usually the beaters I take on the road with me.

The difference with the DNA and FSK chips comes down to vape style more than anything. If I had to guess I would say the G2 might not be for you Steve based on what you like and there is nothing wrong with that, who best to determine your vape style other than you. For me it just depends on my mood which mod I reach for but since I am an aggressive bastage most of the time the FSK mods get a little more use.
Yeah, I wasn't saying it's a bad mod or anything. I was talking about what it would do for me personally. I'm a straight out TC guy. I like the way my DNA's handle TC. I'm happy with them at this point. Doesn't mean that the G2 is bad, just maybe that it's not for me.

The one thing that does kind of puzzle me though is the statement about how hard the G2 hits. I've heard it made from more than one person. I understand some chips have delays in firing from the fire button press (DNA mods don't suffer from that). Other than that, there is no such thing as one mod hitting harder than another. I mean 60 watts is 60 watts, no matter what mod is delivering it. If 60 watts is hotter in that mod than your other mods, then one of two things is happening.
1. That mod is firing more than 60 watts (not a good thing).
2. Your other mods are firing less than 60 watts (also not a good thing).

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I've found with the CW SS430, sometimes you have to play with things until its what you like.
I have a G2 and I like the vape from it. Just not quite there comfort-wise, it's a box alright.
If that was the mod I started mods with, I'd have several though.

Yeah, the G2 is a butterface but I love her for just wrecking me every time I reach for her, she puts out :D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

DNA vs FSK I always use the boxing analogy. It's like a boxer vs a brawler. Here's a great write up on the G2.

http://www.dailyvapingnews.com/hω-wrecker-hohm-wrecker-g2-review-this-device-does-it-all-very-well/

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I wasn't saying it's a bad mod or anything. I was talking about what it would do for me personally. I'm a straight out TC guy. I like the way my DNA's handle TC. I'm happy with them at this point. Doesn't mean that the G2 is bad, just maybe that it's not for me.

The one thing that does kind of puzzle me though is the statement about how hard the G2 hits. I've heard it made from more than one person. I understand some chips have delays in firing from the button press. Other than that, there is no such thing as one mod hitting harder than another. I mean 60 watts is 60 watts, no matter what mod is delivering it. If 60 watts is hotter in that mod than your other mods, then one of two things is happening.
1. That mod is firing more than 60 watts.
2. Your other mods are firing less than 60 watts.

Cheers,
Steve

The only thing I can think of as to why the G2 seems to hit harder is coming from people like me who are primarily power users. If I am using another mod in power mode and I am chain vaping up a storm sometimes my wicking won't keep up and I will get a dry hit. Then I will go ahead and drop the power some to compensate. At the same power the G2 in xxx mode is very subtle when it throttles down to avoid a dry hit if the FSK is set up properly. It feels the same as any other mod in power mode with the exception of avoiding dry hits. I can get pretty close to the same thing with my DNA's in TC mode but to give you an idea I will have my temp set to between 500 and 550, that's were I like to roll. I am normally between 450 and 500 with my DNA's though, smooth relaxing vape.

Great analogy @Deucesjack

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

The one thing that does kind of puzzle me though is the statement about how hard the G2 hits. I've heard it made from more than one person. I understand some chips have delays in firing from the button press. Other than that, there is no such thing as one mod hitting harder than another. I mean 60 watts is 60 watts, no matter what mod is delivering it. If 60 watts is hotter in that mod than your other mods, then one of two things is happening.
1. That mod is firing more than 60 watts.
2. Your other mods are firing less than 60 watts.

Cheers,
Steve
I think people say that because (and i might be wrong here) i believe by default the FSK has a 100 watt pre heat set up so even if you are hitting 60 watts the first 1 second is at 100 watts so it's much less ramp up time giving the illusion of a harder hit. Of course you can do the same with a DNA mod but a lot of people probably just use mods as is out of the box and most don't have a pre heat like that

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I don't know why it hits harder. I'm no scientist or techno type of guy. All I can say is it just does. Lol.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think people say that because (and i might be wrong here) i believe by default the FSK has a 100 watt pre heat set up so even if you are hitting 60 watts the first 1 second is at 100 watts so it's much less ramp up time giving the illusion of a harder hit. Of course you can do the same with a DNA mod but a lot of people probably just use mods as is out of the box and most don't have a pre heat like that
Don't really know about the preheat default, never really looked into it. I do know that adjusting your power is like an on the fly preheat though. I have taken the power on my G2 all the way up to 171 watts in xxx mode with no dry hits. It is an experience and the vape is not as hot as you would think. Of course it is all dependent on were your FSK is set to.

The FSK % is the key to the Hohm mods, once you get that down it is an outstanding vape.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just wanted to give it a try and see how they perform in TC. That way all the dna mods can stay at home:p Steve....Couple more post and your thread is 100 pages long:cheers:
It works really good. i have no complaints. it does do kenthal TC but you need to find your sweet spot. it does the SS coils i have pretty much as good as the VT133 but with kenthal I find it inconsistent. for instance on my TFV4 tank, i used the 8 coil and had to drop it to 250F to get a good vape that wasn't too hot, but on the 6 coil one i had to up it to 600f to get the same result.
Don't really know about the preheat default, never really looked into it. I do know that adjusting your power is like an on the fly preheat though. I have taken the power on my G2 all the way up to 171 watts in xxx mode with no dry hits. It is an experience and the vape is not as hot as you would think. Of course it is all dependent on were your FSK is set to.

The FSK % is the key to the Hohm mods, once you get that down it is an outstanding vape.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
isn't the FSK limited to 151 watts? how would you take it to 171?
also the pre heat is built in. I think you can change it but by default your always getting 100 watts for the first second. adjusting your wattage isn't the same as changing the preheat

I'm gonna double check the manual and report back

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok so here is my findings on it

• Insane Temps feature in Temp Mode
+ Initiates 151W momentarily then switches over to selected watt to establish near instant temp

it has a 151 watt (the max) preheat on TC. that would be an instant ramp up almost and why people say it hits hard. compared to lets say steves DNA file where it has a 85 watt preheat (IIRC) for the first second. in other words, regardless of your wattage you picked, the G2 will hit at almost twice the watts for the pre heat duration

it's not in the manual funny enough but only on the site. I couldn't find anything more about pre-heat in the manual which leads me to believe it can't be adjusted?. You can almost do the same on on a VT133 except it would be a 133 watt preheat due to the limitations

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It works really good. i have no complaints. it does do kenthal TC but you need to find your sweet spot. it does the SS coils i have pretty much as good as the VT133 but with kenthal I find it inconsistent. for instance on my TFV4 tank, i used the 8 coil and had to drop it to 250F to get a good vape that wasn't too hot, but on the 6 coil one i had to up it to 600f to get the same result.

isn't the FSK limited to 151 watts? how would you take it to 171?
also the pre heat is built in. I think you can change it but by default your always getting 100 watts for the first second. adjusting your wattage isn't the same as changing the preheat

I'm gonna double check the manual and report back
You need to do the update. Last update increased the wattage to 171w.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

it has a 151 watt (the max) preheat on TC. that would be an instant ramp up almost and why people say it hits hard. compared to lets say steves DNA file where it has a 85 watt preheat (IIRC) for the first second. in other words, regardless of your wattage you picked, the G2 will hit at almost twice the watts for the pre heat duration

it's not in the manual funny enough but only on the site. I couldn't find anything more about pre-heat in the manual which leads me to believe it can't be adjusted?. You can almost do the same on on a VT133 except it would be a 133 watt preheat due to the limitations
I'm pretty sure it only does the 151 preheat in insane temp mode. I don't think it's built in. @raymo2u would know.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You need to do the update. Last update increased the wattage to 171w.

lol i was on the latest update, just cranked it up and low and behold 171 watts. had no idea they upped this lol. Thanks for the info

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm pretty sure it only does the 151 preheat in insane temp mode. I don't think it's built in. @raymo2u would know.

the site said "insane temps mode" which is their version of temp mode. They just have all their slang for stuff (which really is unnecessary lol) so it appears to be default in any TC mode.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the site said "insane temps mode" which is their version of temp mode. They just have all their slang for stuff (which really is unnecessary lol) so it appears to be default in any TC mode.
You're right Rich. I went to the front of the horse to get my answer. Here's what Hohmtech told me.

Hey Jack,
The first reason the G2 would hit harder than almost all regulated mods on the market, is due to us using an RMS wattage instead of a peak wattage. What this means, is that you will get a much more accurate wattage reading. (Vs many devices that will say "100w" but really only provide 60-80w) As far as preheat, when in temperature modes the set wattage will provide a split second of full wattage before the chip backs off to the desired temperature. Essentially a small preheat. Hopefully that answers the question!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Insane Temps feature in Temp Mode
+ Initiates 151W momentarily then switches over to selected watt to establish near instant temp

That is from the Wrecker G1 page, the Wrecker G2 is found here: http://hohmtech.com/product/hohm-wrecker-g2/ and I don't see mention of the preheat.

I can't really comment on the G1, never had one but from most people I have heard the G2 is the one to get.

Here is a chart for starting points of different metals when using XXX mode, thought it would be handy to post for @BoostAddict , the G2 owners manual can be found here, this is were I got the chart from: http://hohmtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/MANUAL_G2_BlackG2_rev2.4.7.pdf

XXX%20Mode_1.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're right Rich. I went to the front of the horse to get my answer. Here's what Hohmtech told me.

Hey Jack,
The first reason the G2 would hit harder than almost all regulated mods on the market, is due to us using an RMS wattage instead of a peak wattage. What this means, is that you will get a much more accurate wattage reading. (Vs many devices that will say "100w" but really only provide 60-80w) As far as preheat, when in temperature modes the set wattage will provide a split second of full wattage before the chip backs off to the desired temperature. Essentially a small preheat. Hopefully that answers the question!

Awesome post bro!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
LgQEK

Hey Jack,

nailed it lol. so i guess it preheats at 171 watts now. my theory actually made sense and was right lol

That is from the Wrecker G1 page, the Wrecker G2 is found here: http://hohmtech.com/product/hohm-wrecker-g2/ and I don't see mention of the preheat.

I can't really comment on the G1, never had one but from most people I have heard the G2 is the one to get.

Here is a chart for starting points of different metals when using XXX mode, thought it would be handy to post for @BoostAddict , the G2 owners manual can be found here, this is were I got the chart from: http://hohmtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/MANUAL_G2_BlackG2_rev2.4.7.pdf

XXX%20Mode_1.jpg

mine is form the G2 site
http://imgur.com/a/LgQEK

lgqek

LgQEK

Attachments

• 2016-08-24_1213.png
    2016-08-24_1213.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 16

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oops, that's what I get from looking at it on my phone instead of the laptop, my bad.
lol no probs
Lmao, take it easy Rich. Hohmtech said for a split second. So in the interest of accuracy I would say you semi nailed it. Lol.

wonder what a split second is. half second? full second? would be cool if he gave more details.
I'm ok with a semi nail ;)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lol no probs

wonder what a split second is. half second? full second? would be cool if he gave more details.
I'm ok with a semi nail ;)
Lmao. Here's the follow up I got from Ben. Looks like we're due for another great update.

Hi Jack,

Good to hear from you. We have another G2 and Slice update coming very soon. The entire EPT engine algorithm set has been recoded and tuned for greater consistency. We’ve pioneered the EPT system, now we’re getting really good at it. We also added a couple updates and applied a couple bug fixes. We’ll be announcing the update soon (ETA is targeted before next couples weeks).

For the G2, the update integrates FSK Temp Curve for tungsten (like the Slice), gives users the full SS enhancement like the Slice (304, 316, 317, and 430), and with the new EPT retuned, loving the results we’ve tested thus far.

Hope you weekend is solid.

Just like our products, this email is Hohm Made…

Thank you,

Ben

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Lmao. Here's the follow up I got from Ben. Looks like we're due for another great update.

Hi Jack,

Good to hear from you. We have another G2 and Slice update coming very soon. The entire EPT engine algorithm set has been recoded and tuned for greater consistency. We’ve pioneered the EPT system, now we’re getting really good at it. We also added a couple updates and applied a couple bug fixes. We’ll be announcing the update soon (ETA is targeted before next couples weeks).

For the G2, the update integrates FSK Temp Curve for tungsten (like the Slice), gives users the full SS enhancement like the Slice (304, 316, 317, and 430), and with the new EPT retuned, loving the results we’ve tested thus far.

Hope you weekend is solid.

Just like our products, this email is Hohm Made…

Thank you,

Ben

they sound like an awesome company. glad i brought one to support them

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@BoostAddict After using the slice for some time now i can say it works well. I hope you like your G2's as much as I like the slice...If I were to describe how it works, I would say it's a dry hit protection system. I vaped a tank dry to where the cotton is white just to see what happens. Never a dry hit. I don't know how it works, and I don't care. It just does. Thanks Deucesjack for starting the slice thread. I would have never known how well the fsk board works as I had no interest in the big ol G2 box...:D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@BoostAddict After using the slice for some time now i can say it works well. I hope you like your G2's as much as I like the slice...If I were to describe how it works, I would say it's a dry hit protection system. I vaped a tank dry to where the cotton is white just to see what happens. Never a dry hit. I don't know how it works, and I don't care. It just does. Thanks Deucesjack for starting the slice thread. I would have never known how well the fsk board works as I had no interest in the big ol G2 box...:D
Np bro, glad I could be of assistance.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like it will be perfect for me, since i have no use single battery mod on the go:D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well since it's quiet, I figured I'll tell you what I've been up to. I ended up canceling 3 out of my 4 FT orders. I just kept the Black Supreme Lite and 4 Turquoise and Jade double O- Ring drip tips.

I've been looking for a nice USB charging station to plug my XTAR VC4 battery charger in along with the myriad of other devices that charge via USB.

I finally bought one last night. An Anker PowerPort 10 (I got a great deal on it):
https://www.anker.com/products/A2133111

They make very nice equipment (imo). I have their PowerCore 20100 that really works well (bought around Christmas time when Amazon had a coupon code for it - price was too good to resist). It's a nice thing to have for charging mods, phones, etc (anything that changes via USB) when you are on the go. That will also be charged by the first item I mentioned.
https://www.anker.com/products/A1271011.

If you look around you can get some nice stuff for a reasonable price.

Not that anyone cares what I do. I only mentioned it in case anyone is looking for any of the above type of items.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They make very nice equipment (imo). I have their PowerCore 20100 that really works well (bought around Christmas time when Amazon had a coupon code for it - price was too good to resist). It's a nice thing to have for charging mods, phones, etc (anything that changes via USB) when you are on the go. That will also be charged by the first item I mentioned.

Not that anyone cares what I do. I only mentioned it in case anyone is looking for any of the above type of items.

Cheers,
Steve

Wow! That thing come with a usb jumper cable adapter?:D

All their items are very highly rated.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate to be an enabler with my first post since my hiatus here...but the city has the VT75 in stock for $50 they also have it in Stab wood for $250 :). I just purchased the Limitless Lux, otherwise I would be all over this one for the sheer price!

https://ecig-city.com/collections/d...w-temperature-control-mod?variant=21888652291

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10
I posted that earlier today in the VT75 thread. While I think some of them look really nice, it won't vape any better than the $50 version. Hell I'd be afraid to take that out of my house.

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted that earlier today in the VT75 thread. While I think some of them look really nice, it won't vape any better than the $50 version. Hell I'd be afraid to take that out of my house.

Cheers,
Steve
True that! $250 is vury steep, but $50 is a steal for the reg 75...all ya have to do is get a wrap lol!

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well since it's quiet, I figured I'll tell you what I've been up to. I ended up canceling 3 out of my 4 FT orders. I just kept the Black Supreme Lite and 4 Turquoise and Jade double O- Ring drip tips.

I've been looking for a nice USB charging station to plug my XTAR VC4 battery charger in along with the myriad of other devices that charge via USB.

I finally bought one last night. An Anker PowerPort 10 (I got a great deal on it):
https://www.anker.com/products/A2133111

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks! Just ordered their 22.00 ... 40W 4-Port USB Wall Charger PowerPort 4, Multi-Port USB Charger with Foldable Plug.
Just wanted something I could plug into any wall socket and take on the go:cheers:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Since the thread is quiet today, Update on my VT133 that wasn't working right. Ecig did confirm it is defective. Now I just have to cross my fingers they can send a replacement (thats what i requested) If not I might be stuck with a refund or store credit. Good thing I ordered the spare one because i was worried about the aug 8th deadline lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since the thread is quiet today, Update on my VT133 that wasn't working right. Ecig did confirm it is defective. Now I just have to cross my fingers they can send a replacement (thats what i requested) If not I might be stuck with a refund or store credit. Good thing I ordered the spare one because i was worried about the aug 8th deadline lol
No doubt ecig.com will do the right thing. I know the VT133'S are out of stock there now. The G2's are available in every color though. Lmao.

VU Sponsors